the Rift

Blood Order - [unicorn supremists]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

ENGINEERS CREATE THAT WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN

The dying metallic cat at his heels whirred and sadly, the gears grinding and scratching inside. It followed obediently, not alive, but living. Ulrik's bronze eyes took in his beautiful homeland as it dried up and turned ugly. Curiously, he sought out those who adhered to the darkness, to the earthen magics. He wanted to unify those who knew the truth, knew that the horned ones were pure and great.

Perhaps they could take over this land and restore these ancient forests to their original, beautiful purity. With a swish of his leonine tail, he stopped and inhaled deeply into his full lungs. He bellowed out a warriors cry, calling all to him, and he waited. The engineer watched the darkness for figures to emerge.

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Having lived here a few seasons now, I find it quite saddening that few unicorns seem to roam our land, or Helovia in general. It is disheartening, and I suppose I can understand why my King opened our borders to those of all kinds – but even since that decree, the motions of the World’s Edge are quiet and non-existent. If it weren’t for my dearest little Dirk, I would be plagued with loneliness I am sure, for I was a mare used to being surrounded by her sisters, aunts and mother at all times. We were close, myself and my Amazonian sisters, and I would be lying if I said I didn’t miss them. But I could never return, I was so torn between what I had been brought up with and what I had learned – I didn’t know who to believe, myself or my herd? Even now, I am torn, as my herd are followers of the dark maiden, the Moon Goddess, where I am devout to my Earthly lord. This herd seems to be overrun with stallion also, something that makes me unsure of how to behave or act, unsure of who to trust – we are a herd disunited, you see, a herd truly built upon words and false promises. This I can see now, and with this realisation comes only more sadness. Action needs to be taken, but I know not what action, and so I am left floundering, watching our borders as the Warrior within me commands, and exploring the realm as often as my cloven hooves allow me to.

It was then that the summons was heard by my svelte flutes, and I smile, knowing whose throat the melody was made. An engineer, no, The Engineer, one who had gained my trust without even trying. He was a curious stallion, he held little care for what others thoughts, gave his opinion freely, and was not distracted by emotions or dishonesty. I found myself wanting to be like him, wanting to assimilate and earn his approving stare, the amazon in me even yearned to feel his flesh touch my own – but I am getting off topic. It was he who had inspired the appropriate thoughts to course through my cranium. My Earthly God yearned for blood, he needed sacrifice to know that he was loved and cherished by his followers, and in my previous home we would sacrifice our male counterparts, after taking what was necessary from them to promote new life of course. But such actions were not necessary now, I had learned, I was growing to accept, that I could still satisfy my need to sacrifice life to him, by slaying those who were hornless. It was Ulrik, his sure stature left me unquestioning of the rightness of this choice, and upon knowing and learning more about him, I was all the more sure of it. Yes, there would still be sacrifice – but it would not be of any who had a horn upon their crown.

He would smell me before I arrived, this I knew. Though my scent travelled slightly less than before, the effects were still potent, and I wondered how many others would arrive to his call – I wondered, even, whether the King himself would want to make an appearance. Mauja seemed like one to share in Ulrik’s beliefs, yet he was so quiet in his scheming, and did actions that were not consistent with his beliefs. I walked, silently as my cloven hooves would allow, leonine tail flicking out behind me, swirling the petalled aroma about the area with ease. Tiara tilted in greeting and acknowledgement to the engineer, my pearlescent horn shimmering in the eerie light. Dirk was upon my back, as always, and peered at the mechanic feline whirring away on the ground beside the bronzed stallion. Though he had seen it before, the kitten was still transfixed by the moving parts, and I had to exercise some control over him to stop him leaping from my spine and seeing if he could play with the much larger, and dangerous, weapon. A smile curved my lips, and I stood before Ulrik; he knew my reasons, he would surely know the significance of my coming to his call. He was not unintelligent you see, unlike many of his fellows, and for that reason, I was here.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
D'ARTAGNAN

The Edge was quiet as usual and the Doctor stood on the cliff to look out over the ocean. Since his meeting with the Earth God not much had happened and the red brute was beginning to get bored. The land was in need of more pure unicorns, ones who would carry themselves proud and be called superior. A dark hatred nestled in his heart, kept from view as to not cloud his mind and better his chances of survival. He'd hoped to find the same hatred here and although it existed, nothing was done to satisfy it.

It was in one of these brooding moments that a call came whistling through on the wind. d'Artagnan listened to the strong cry that could only come from that of a unicorn, flickering his ears in interest d'Art began off in the direction of the sound. Cloven hooves snapped at the ground, heavy thundering of the red stallion sounding his arrival to the two unicorns.

The mare he knew. Thinking back he remembered her name as Lotus the day she came to join the herd, the scent of her flowers unnerving d'Artagnan once again. She didn't have a kitten last time he saw her and was intrigued as to where she managed to pick that up. d'Art nodded in aknowledgement to the mare and her fur ball then turned to the one who had sounded the cry.

Ulrik seemed not much taller than himself and held a rather impressive air around him. His horns were magnificent and d'Artagnan had to pause to stare at the odd looking mechanical cat wondering if this stallion had made it. Curiously, he waited to see if this stallion had any hate in him.

SEIREN

It was him again Seiren was sure of it, it took her back to the time she last saw him. The day she finally found her cursed brother and the mare had to save his ass. However, the scent on him suggested he was of the same herd and this only confirmed her suspicions. The icy mare made her way to where the bellowing cry had come from, following both sound and her brothers scent. Unlike d'Artagnan she was a lot more smaller in stature, much more like her dam than her sire.

There were two others with him. Both unknown to the little mare but nothing a bit of smooth talking wouldn't sort, since being promoted to warrior she saw fit to know others of the herd. These were her herd mates after all, even if she did want to kill one of them. Since her stay here she had yet to find Psyche or Cineviam again nor had she seen the delightfully macabre mare Umbra around. The grey was fine to wander by herself but sometimes she missed the companionship of her own kin.

Strategically positioning herself next to the mare, Seiren put a little distance between her and d'Artagnan. No matter how much she hated him, there was something going on here that he may know more about. Black eyes looked at Ulrik expectantly.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Mauja the FrostHeart
ice cold man watches earth die, eternal winter takes its reign

Things had weighed upon his mind as of late, things that confounded him because they had nothing at all to with what he really wanted to think of. Well, in a sense they did, but it seemed to be for all the wrong reasons. He thought of the Moon Goddess and how the Sun was drying up his land, but instead of finding ways to counter it he only thought of how beautiful the dark lady was. The Plague had come to a standstill and while he acknowledged that Psyche did not do her duty wholly satisfactory in that one regard, his thoughts about replacing her as Crux weren't grounded in attaining results, but a selfish desire not to have his daughter abandoned by her mother. Or maybe he was just fooling himself, and it was a convenient excuse to nick her title and put it on someone who went out there, mad as the wind, and got things done?

Needless to say, Mauja had wandered his wilting forest in a state of dismayed confusion, and had seemed unable to gather his thoughts. The result? He stood at the edge of his homeland, watching the restless ocean roll below a long drop, and amused himself by forcing ice spikes out of the ground. One by one they rose with a screech, rocking the world when they found their limit, and then they withdrew into the ground again with a grinding noise. The monotone action of pulling at it with his mind soothed him somewhat, and when he finally stopped and looked around, he realized he had no idea how long he'd been at it - but the world felt clearer, cooler, and his head too. Mauja blinked in the now-dark, glad that today's sweltering heat was over.

He hated the Sun God. Passionately, fiercely.

The King exhaled slowly, eyes turning skyward. It was dark, the stars were out, and by his side the fog billowed, some of it streaming off the edge and gentle falling down to the ocean. He had no desire to join it, and with a grunt he turned back from the edge, glad that he was alone. Sweat was drying on his body and he was contemplating where to go and nap when Ulrik's voice rang out through the night. Immediately the pale beast halted, his previously disturbed mind finding a single focus, clarity previously denied to him. Suspicion and curiosity filtered through his brain, but after a moment he brushed aside the initial notion that Ulrik was out to get his throne. The stallion had always been a fierce racist and had probably grown restless with how idle everything had been. Mauja bowed his head to the blame for that, accepting it as graciously as he would a kiss from the Moon God. It was, after all, his fault that the herd had stalled.

Without responding to the call, he broke into a canter, navigation his fog-filled land with ease. It did not shame him that he wasn't the first to find Ulrik, but rather pleased him that others cared to listen; he graced them all with his eyes, greeting them in silence. However, dominance had to be asserted, without him coming off as an ass. Smoothly, walking now, Mauja entered the gathering, his pale form ghost-like in the dark. "Ulrik," he began in a pleasant voice. "To what purpose do you call my herd?" It was an open question, delivered without traces of suspicion or reproach - in fact, Mauja's entire stance mirrored an open curiosity. And he was curious as to why the engineer had called his herd together. Did he have an idea? That would be splendid. Mauja had an inkling what it was about, but did he think to run the operation all by himself? That would be less splendid. Mauja the FrostHeart was still King of World's Edge.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

The intoxicating scent of flowers alerted him to a familiar presence. Lotus, the flower, and her useless, furry companion. Though he hardly had room to speak as his own machine was crawling step by step to its death. Useless had quickly become an appropriate adjective for the metal contraption. Useless, however, was not at all a term that could be used for the mare herself. As her chocolate form stepped lightly to him, answering his call, he bowed his head respectfully, acknowledging her appearance.

Bronze eyes slid over her form, assessing her figure for any new changes or damage. None. She was just as alluring as she had been before, and he found himself confused by his own weakness. The stallion clenched his jaw and shook his thickly crested neck, letting fly some of the irritating dust that had gathered on his coat and in his mane. Never before had this beautiful forest of trees been so dry before, and he loathed what the Sun had done to this sanctuary.

"I am glad that you came. Your beauty and intelligence may prove useful in capturing the minds of those around us," he said, speaking factually and with little emotion. Still, even with the dryness of his tone, the compliment rang clear.

Two others approached then. One was the doctor. The red bay whose coat spoke volumes of the damage he could do. Ulrik both admired and envied the doctor's more organic skills - being able to understand the living body and cause it harm or heal. Together, he and the doctor were two sides of the same coin. Another mare, the sister of the doctor arrived as well, and he was both pleased and surprised that he had managed to gather this small but formidable crowd.

Ulrik's leonine tail swirled around his hocks, and he lifted his bearded chin to look at each of those who gathered. "I have called each of you to discuss a most disturbing matter," he said in his deep, growling voice. Ulrik was never one for many words, so his issue was stated short and to the point. Or well, he intended. "The hornle - " he began before snapping his jaw shut as heavy steps thundered closer. Ulrik narrowed his bronze eyes and turned his head, spying their King coming closer.

Ulrik stood just a hair shorter than their king, though his bronze markings and two, twisted horns made his form appear much larger. Mauja's pleasant tone was quite ironic and hung in the air like a bad omen. He seemed so pleased and curious by this meeting and Ulrik could easily lie his way out of this meeting he had called. But, possibly one of Ulrik's only redeeming qualities was his honesty; it was brutal, harsh and often dark, but he was honest.

"You are the purpose of this meeting, King," he replied flatly, expression full of intelligence and darkness. The thickly muscled stallion widened his stance after turning to face the white stallion. "We are discussing a decision you made. A decision against this land. A decision against our very kind." Ulrik's deep voice growled angrily. "Your decision to allow the," Ulrik's eyes narrowed and his lips curled in disgust, "hornless into this place is not one that I agree with. I will not demean the greatness inherent in myself, in my blood, be tarnished by letting the vermin of the world live where I have chosen to reside."

Ulrik's voice had risen from its normal, graveled murmur to a deep, thundering pitch. "Leading is not a burden I have wished upon myself as I prefer to invent, create, engineer... But I will not allow my blood brother and sister so live in the squalor of your asinine choices." Black and bronze tendrils swung around his fetlocks, and he tossed his black forelock from his eyes. The metallic beast at his side mirror the movement with is own articulated tail, glowing, lifeless eyes resting heavily on the King.

Ascended Helovian

Jumping out of order, might also give you guys more to respond to. <3

Mauja the FrostHeart

"You are the purpose of this meeting, King," was what he got and Mauja had no idea what to make of the initial statement. The part of him that wasn't all ice cold and serious wanted to say something flippant about being honored, but just a single look at Ulrik's dark eyes stalled any such comment that otherwise might've flipped off his tongue. The mechanic was an intelligent man, but perhaps most important was the fact that he clung to shadows and darkness like a foal clinging to its mother - or maybe it just seemed that way to Mauja. Especially in the dark, Ulrik's large bronze marking stood out, casting the rest of him in darkness. In a way, it was fitting, but for all his lack of social grace, Ulrik was not a stallion Mauja dared take lightly. It was someone he didn't want on his bad side, but rather someone he wanted on his side. Firm loyalty would mean the world to him, but he knew it was nothing that could be bought. It had to be earned, through blood, sweat and .. maybe not tears. The King was fairly certain he would have to work hard, but he was prepared to do it. Ulrik could be extremely valuable.

All of this his mind touched briefly, not as words but as concepts - concepts were so much faster to use when thinking. Ulrik's voice grew more and more dangerous to Mauja's ears, and he realized that perhaps he had erred when making his choice. He had made it, though, and had to stand by it. It hadn't pleased him to do it, but it had been for the Moon. If he just had a herd of devout Moon worshipers... They would've understood, then, that it was the right decision at the time. Hard, but the right one. A necessary evil. Mauja felt like sighing, groaning, anything, but kept it all inside, firmly under his icy mask. The frost upon his horn glittered and he kept listening, and Ulrik fell silent after calling the choice asinine. In the wake of Ulrik's voice, Mauja blew out the air he'd held in in a long, thoughtful sigh.

"I see," he finally said, voice giving little away. Briefly, he let his eyes wander the crowd. Lotus. d'Artagnan. Seiren. "It was a decision made when the Moon herself visited our land, to inform me of an Order following the Sun. It was a temporary decree in an effort to help strengthen her until the Order had been felled." He hadn't enjoyed making the decision, and hoped they understood that. Mauja's pale eyes focused upon Ulrik, and he desperately wished Lotus to the other side of the world. Her scent was intoxicating, and despite knowing that it was, it didn't make it easier to ignore. He wanted as clear a head as possible to deal with Ulrik, and yet found himself focusing on every word in order to not slip something out of context. Calmly, he continued speaking. "The Order has fallen. The decree is no more. No hornless ever resided here, either." His eyes narrowed just a fraction. The Pegasus and equines weren't drying up their ground or burning the land. The Sun was. The Sun was the real enemy right now. The Pegasus and equines were just inconvenient, annoying bugs, ticks and fleas; they were harmless when compared to an angry God.

It was as slim a justification as he could offer, and with another small sigh Mauja bowed his head down to scrape at the dry layer of earth. "The Sun is doing this to us," he said, a bit more quiet now. The pain of the land was his pain, and never before had he felt so powerless. It was humbling in a way to know that he was nothing when pitted against a god, that he could not in any way protect his own land from nature itself. And frankly, Mauja was of the opinion that it outright sucked. After a moment, he raised his head again. The tip of his pristine horn was grayed out by the thin layer of dirt. He let his gaze sweep the gathered again, before settling back on Ulrik. "I will not be a fool and ignore the feelings of my herd. No matter how severe a situation, such a decree will never again be issued." He admitted the mistake, but hoped that it was not a weakness; rather, wasn't it strength to take the times you erred and learn from them? Owe up to the wrong you did? He desperately wanted to tell Ulrik that they from now on would go kill Sun followers, but he didn't want to accidentally give the impression of buying him off. What he did want them to know was that he wasn't going to pretend he lived on a cloud. He wanted to be a fair King to his own kind, and listen to their concerns. No one had approached him and told him how displeased they were with his decision, and so he hadn't known just how bad it sat with Ulrik. Now he knew, and he would not make the same mistake again. If the Sun was to burn the world down, they'd better die pure of heart than tarnished by the presence of hornless.

Lotus Posts: 31
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 3
Whit
Others arrived, but my hazel eyes and chocolate flutes were trained to the bronze magnificence that was Ulrik. He stood so confidently and stoic, and when his crown inclined in recognition to my arrival I felt a throbbing pulse swell within me. His honest, curt tones spoke, though they held little inflection, I was learning that this was merely another factor of his character I had come to admire. What he spoke stirred excitement within me, and for a moment, I forgot that my magic was most likely affecting his potential affections for me, but I clung to his words nonetheless, for what he spoke was true – only the truth was even more simple. My magic would sway those of the male affliction to give their attentions to me, and then my cunning and devious mind would work its magic over them. A small sadness grew within me, for I thought about what Ulrik said, and then my magic – I could not help but want to hope that he was speaking the truth as he saw it, not the truth as my magic enabled him to see it. I sighed a small sigh, and in my exhalation, I tried to release the worries that had grown.

It was then that I looked to the others, to d’Artagnon and a mare whom I was yet to be formally introduced. “My name is Lotus.” I said quietly towards the mare, though I figured we would learn soon enough who the other was. Nodding in recognition to the brilliant crimson bay stallion, my attention swivelled as once again the Engineer spoke, his words an introduction to the reason for his call. But he was interrupted, and with a small shiver of surprise, I spy the frosty Lord of our lands step forth, and question Ulrik directly. Mutiny was a dirty thought, and I knew that the King shared in the same beliefs the gathered here did, it was only by his inaction that such unsettled thoughts had pooled together to be cupped by strong, bronze hands and directed. Only we weren’t being directed by Ulrik, as he replied to the King, accusing the FrostHeart of making poor choices. I looked back at the King, watching as he digested the words. I couldn’t help but feel some satisfaction, I could see his gaze drift to my own bodice every other moment, and should his eyes meet my own I would tilt my tiara politely curious, as if oblivious to the charm I knew full well existed.

The King spoke well, I must give him credit, however. His reasons were sound, and his apology and respect for his herd evident. I nodded to him as his gaze roamed over me once more, silently showing my understanding, my acceptance of his words. “So it is the Sun we need be worried about?” I ask, my smooth melodic voice clear and my hazel eyes bright as I lead into my next collection of utterances. “What do you propose we do, to convince the Sun to stop rising?” Though with the right amount of cheek, the question could have been sarcastically posed, but I was being honest –I wanted to know how I could help, I longed for action, I especially longed to make a sacrifice in the name of my God. “What would you have me do?” I posed the question for any who might answer, though my gaze flickered between Mauja’s and Ulrik’s – though it tended to linger upon the bronze brute’s a touch longer, such was my attraction to the honest and compelling stallion.

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

People who fight fire with fire
usually end up with ashes.
- Abigail Van Buren

“A tinderbox”

The newsprint behemoth was not in the habit of talking to himself out loud, especially when he knew attentive ears might be about, but he could not help but remark on The Edge’s condition on his return. “No doubt fires will start to spring up, and ravage the forest until the season of Tallsun finally gives way…” he thought. According to the rumor mill The Sun God had been insulted, His followers overthrown, and so everyone else must pay. “It seems to me that these Sun-worshippers should be the ones paying the price for losing His precious region” But who was a mere mortal like Cineviam to question the Gods. They had their uses by bestowing magic and other weapons but they held so much power that he didn’t dare contemplate them overmuch. Not yet – there were other matters closer to home he could focus on.

“You’re positive that The Edge is where I am supposed to be.” It wasn’t so much a question, but the voice of one resigning himself to his fate. If anyone had missed his presence, it was because he had been off wandering lately...always wandering. There was something comforting in the aimlessness of it - the utter lack of expectation. There had not been much activity in The World’s Edge Herd as of late. Stillness was the most exquisite form of torture to a restless mind. Cineviam was a bit of a sadist, but even he will not willingly expose himself to such a thing. So he walked. And when your thoughts keep drifting, it’s easy to wind up miles from where you started.

While he remained in Helovia, his ashes continued to dance for him - spinning, swooping and twirling about even in the breathless, sweltering air. The farther he strayed outside the realm, however, the more lackluster their movements had become. Finally, when they simply fell from his form lifelessly and he feared losing them forever, Cineviam turned back and made a hasty return to Helovia. Even now, they guided him deeper into the forested region, a trail snaking out before him, goading him along whenever he thought he’d gone far enough. They seemed insistent that he make it somewhere specific, and in a timely manner.

A distant summoning blast is made bigger – grander, by the wind that piggybacks it, a random note to dwarf the ocean and all the other sounds in the woods. His head rose in mild curiosity, blood red eyes peer into the deepening shadows in the direction of the call. Unfortunately, his ashes already had him on an important errand, but he consulted them once more. The black powder speared out from him in the same direction, before falling softly to the ground, leaving him a trail. His suspicions were confirmed – their business and the summons were one and the same.

He counted five figures huddled together in the dark, their surreptitious voices drifting toward him in the night. It would seem that they did not wait for him; of course they had no way of knowing that the cinder beast had decided to afflict them all with his presence. The bearded one with the bronze markings had just finished speaking when Cineviam drifted close enough to make out the words being exchanged. They had not detected him yet, he did not intend to eavesdrop, the acrid smell of his ashes usually gave him little choice in the matter, but it seemed that their noses were more agreeably engaged by a flowery aroma. After the King said his piece and the mare put forth her questions there was a pause in the conversation where he stepped out from his screen of shadows and introduced himself.

“Cineviam”

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((Hello, I adopted Cineviam and read that he was a Edge Stallion so I didn't think it would hurt to toss him in here since he is a supremist... However if you think it best not to include him, feel free to continue like he's not here. When Blu said I could adopt him I just got super excited and impulsive.))

The engineer listened to the words of the King, and he watched the way the large grey blew air from his lungs. Ulrik's bronze eyes settled darkly on his, standing still as a statue. Apparently the God of the Moon was behind this nonsense, and Ulrik blew a heavy and irritated breath from his nostrils. The mad stallion shot a glare up at the sky before shaking his heavy, black mane and stomping a hoof in the dirt.

"My ears are deaf to the words of the gods, especially when those words are folly," he grunted in his deep tones. "Though your choices are understandable. The Goddess of the Moon is our patron, of sorts." Ulrik flicked his leonine tail around his hocks and his demeanor settled. "You have no quarrel with me, King."

With that said, Ulrik let his bronze eyes settled once more on Lotus and listened to her words. She was overly concerned with the affairs of the immortals. Immortals whose brains were filled with clouds and air. "The gods will do what they will. We are powerless against their might. What can we do?" The whispers of another caught the engineer's hearing, and he turned his head to the side slowly. A silver one, buried in ashen grey, appeared before them.

Like himself, this grey-one had the traditional trappings of a unicorn, and Ulrik jerked his head up, the two crows upon his brow seemingly touching the sky. That was his greeting to the newcomer, for he was not one for words.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the FrostHeart

Despite the annoying sensation coursing through his body each time he came close to Lotus, it seemed that his words did the trick. Tension bled out of the meeting - tension that had risen when he'd shown up - but Mauja was not fool enough to relax completely and believe the danger past. While he chose to believe that Ulrik had no desire to lead, he wasn't so sure about the others. Ulrik was an honest stallion, something the FrostHeart appreciated, but the rest? d'Artagnan was someone he thought he could trust, but Lotus and Seiren were as unknown to him as most mares were. He never knew what to expect of them, and never truly understood the workings of their brains. Once more he tore his eyes off her brown body and forced his eyes onto Ulrik, holding him steadily with his gaze. A faint smile curved the King's lips, and he dipped his head in acknowledgment of his words. It pleased him to know that the Engineer was on his side - for now. Who knew when Mauja might misstep in his eyes again?

Curious, his eyes drifted to Lotus as she eagerly asked her question - question he still could not answer. He wanted to bite his teeth together, sigh, shake his head, eat up all his words, but Ulrik cut to it, though ending it with an open question. Perhaps not one he expected to be answered, but still... And that was when Cineviam spoke up. Mauja's pale head rotated around and he peered at the forever ash-stained stallion, one 'brow raised. When the draft had wandered out of Helovia, the King hadn't expected him back. Now he was, though, and unless his ideals had changed, he was still welcome within the Edge. Mauja gave him a curt nod and greeting, "Welcome back,", before turning his attention back to Lotus and Ulrik. The Engineer seemed to just want to wave a hoof and let the Gods have their war... but Mauja feared the outcome of it, both with and without their intervention. For once he didn't resist when his gaze slid back to Lotus.

"Indeed they are strong and we are but mere mortals," he said slowly. "But this is not a war among gods, at least I do not think so. Even if he is warring against his brother Earth, we've been caught in the crossfire, and I don't like it." His forest was drying up, growing stunted and sad as skeletal branches twisted towards the sky, crying out in silent voices and shaking as the winds blew the last leaves from them. The world was dying. "There's no harm in killing his followers, and if we're lucky, it weakens him. He's already pissed off that his Order died, and he's got no qualms in taking it out on everyone. Doing something is better than just waiting." It was an open invitation of sorts, and with a silent sigh Mauja hitched his head higher, horn pointing towards the sky. Up there, somewhere, lurked the Goddess of the Moon, and she was their salvation - if only she'd tell them what to do... He put his frustration away, thrust it into the corners of his heart, and looked around the gathering, gaze sweeping over them. Each and every one of them was a warrior of the Moon in a sense, and perhaps it was time that she took command of the army that roamed Helovia.

Cineviam Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

People who fight fire with fire
usually end up with ashes.
- Abigail Van Buren

Cineviam was split between the two stallions opinions.

Much like the mechanic, he was not tethered to the comfort of religion. It wasn’t a loss of faith in the Gods; it was a belief in self – trained into him at a young age that he was capable enough to handle any situation. The tribal marked one seemed resigned to just let the Gods do what they will, even if that meant disrupting the rest of their lives. Cineviam refused to be a pawn in the games of the divine chest players. Here he favored Mauja.

Doing something was better than doing nothing.

He wondered why the Goddess of the Moon didn’t just use a solar eclipse to block the worst of the sun and perhaps even His powers on Helovia. Or why the God of the Earth didn’t just adjust the world’s axis to bring about a change in season. If they were all powerful than surely two Gods against one had the odds in their favor to solve this problem. It seemed that the patchwork stallion would have to take his safety in his own hands, so when the frost king brought up killing followers; he nodded as if taking it as an instruction.

“Pardon me, but I don’t know any Sun Worshippers off the top of my head. Can you name any that I might search for?” It was a courtesy question for Cineviam usually always managed to find what he was looking for. The ash that slipped from that mottled black tongue as he spoke already gave him an idea of what direction would be best to start hunting. It was subtle but he had expert eyes, trained to decipher the signs.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

((short and sweet since I wanted to get his name xD ))

ULRIK                

I'm not the only one who can't see why it crossed your mind

I see your life and death reduced into a product line

Ulrik listened to Mauja and nodded, trying to think. What happened to the Dragon's Throat? Where did the followers of the sun go? He grunted. "Do not mistake my reticence to act as acceptance," he said, bronze eyes staring at the two grey-color unicorns. "But where are the sun followers? They are few and far between. I had been following a pegasus who seemed to entirely disappear."

The stallion watched as ash fell from Cineviam and seemed to tauntingly point in a certain direction. Ulrik raised a brow curiously, wondering how to introduce a mechanical positioning system into his next creation. That would be... fascinating. "I believe our efforts would be better spent by fortifying our borders and looking out for the other followers. As we focus on the absent followers of the sun, others grow and conspire against us," he added, bronze eyes flashing madly.

"We are the elite. Naturally, there are hordes of hornless who would desire our demise."

Credits
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the FrostHeart

Ears swept forward, taking in the swell of Ulrik's voice, digesting his words. It seemed that the Sun has less mortal support than Mauja thought, and perhaps that was why he was so upset. A humorless smile crept onto the monarch's face and he gave a slight nod, turning his attention to Cineviam. His ashes fell and rose around his body, creating a mesmerizing pattern, but he kept his attention on the stallion himself, and his blood red eyes. Ulrik seemed focused on the sooty beast too, smoothly cutting in before Mauja had a chance to say that not even he had a clue what the Sun followers were called, or where they were now that the Throat had been felled - or so, the rumors claimed. In a way, he was grateful for the interjection, and listened to the bronzed beast's advice. He gave a dry chuckle. "Too damn many of them," he muttered, shaking his head slightly. Ulrik had a valid point. Why chase shadows, when a threat that was a lot more tangible than a stupid deity lurked around? Who knew if they'd make a preemptive strike?

"If any Sun follower should be idiot enough to show up here, show them no mercy. If you know of any, mark them for ..termination. Strengthen our own brood, by all means possible." Breed, bring home new members, steal... As long as it didn't attract the attentions of the other herds and made them irritated enough to attack. "As long as it doesn't rub the other herds the wrong way and make them attack us before we are ready; they still outnumber us," he added as an afterthought, staring from face to face. This was a minor part of his herd, but word would spread anyway. It always did. "Is there something anyone would like to add?" If not, this little meeting is over.