the Rift

tumbleweeds [serenity, open]

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

FINN

Why does everything have to look so much alike? It doesn't matter what forest I end up in everything looks exactly the same. There is no distinction between trees. They're all tall with branches that reach for the clouds, they all drop their leaves when the weather changes and they all become brittle, stark reminders of the harshness of winter, and these trees are just that. Their bare branches sway in the cold wind and the creak and groan making the forest sound alive. Icy weather definitely isn't my thing. I'd much prefer the warm summer months to the cold winter ones. The only time cold weather is good is when you have someone to cuddle with, but that's something I don't have right now. Maybe in a few days when I make myself known. Until then I just have to keep trudging through the knee deep snow and hope that it doesn't get any deeper or that I don't slip on some hidden ice slick.

There's another thing I hate about the winter and it's the crows. I know they're around all year long, but they seem much louder in the dead of winter. More threatening. Sometimes I feel like they're waiting for me to drop dead so that they can have a nice fresh meal. I'll never give them that satisfaction. When my time draws near I want to find the nearest volcano and throw myself into it.

The crows caw and I snort at them, my dark ears slamming back against my head as I cast a glance at the sky where some flew and the tree branches that others were perched. Sometimes I wish I was a pegasus so I could fly up there after them and beat them from the sky and those tree branches. They just continue to caw and stare down at me with their beady little red eyes. It makes me more uncomfortable than the familiarity of the forest does and so I move faster, eager to leave it all behind.

I'm not scared, I promise you that. I just hate crows. And this forest.

[Image: finntable.png]

omg this post is horrible |:
it'll get better, i'm just trying to get used to finn's character. also, the writing style might change since he's new and i'm still experimenting with him.

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

SERENITY</style>
You can't take the sky from me</style>

The winds were glorious today and carried her through the frosty winter into a stunning, snow swept landscape. How anyone could be so unhappy with their lives with all this beauty around them was simply foolish. She had come from servitude and was born into slavery, but by a stroke of luck and the sacrifice of her parents, she had escaped. Serenity would not do them a dishonor by turning her life into some gaping hole of loneliness and depression, especially not when there was far too much beauty to be found here!

Serenity had not been paying attention to the lift of the thermal, and the wind that lifted her wings disappeared. With a small shriek of surprise, she managed to lessen the blow of her fall before tumbling to the ground, a grimace on her expression. "Ow..." she muttered, picking herself back up on all four hooves and shaking her golden, starry coat of the thick, powdery snow. After gathering her limbs and tucking her wings to her side, she pressed forward, curiosity driving her farther inland.

The blue and creamy mare huffed a breath and steam as she trotted and chuckled to herself, amused that she had made a cloud. Her hooves crunched the snow beneath, and she could not help herself. Closing golden eyes, Serenity bounded forward and danced in circles, picking her hooves up daintily, and flapping her wings. She looked quite mad. The mare was snapped roughly out of her playing when her rump hit another, and she spun around, tucking her wings to her sides.

"Finn!" she exclaimed with a wide smile. She had met him before on their travels. Both of them were wanderers. "I did not think that I would see you again, but fate is funny, I suppose." She hummed thoughtfully to herself before being distracted by a frozen stream. Serenity bounded for it and carefully put all four hooves on the ice. "I am walking on water!"

CREDITS by Boom Boom

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

I don't want to set the world on fire,</style>

Fire.

It consumes her, stroking her lanky pale frame greedily in spiralling tongues of feral plumes; she pretends her father is there with her, in that pyre, watching her from between wild fronds. It billows savagely in the reflection of her red-gold eyes, framed by long, delicate eyelashes. She loves the feeling of fire crawling through her veins, embracing her bones with light and consuming her completely; it steals her away to secret places, or at least, she wishes so, and judging by the emptiness of this forest, the flames have not failed her yet.

The fire recedes from her body, sloughing off in great waves of heat and light. They leave only silence, and she misses their hiss and crackle, the warmth of their kiss. Ears flick back and forth uncertainly, although she chastises herself for this, for no daughter of the sun should be unsure! She snorts softly, white whiskers quivering comically.

After a brief moment of complete calm, she catches the gentle lull of faint voices, and daintily, the filly picks her way towards them, careful of the terrible wet snow that wants to cling to her spindly legs. She much prefers heat, for her coat is thin and delicate, and she likes the feeling of being embraced by warmth - maybe it is her father pressing into her skin, telling her that he's here, and everything will be okay. Israfel has never met her father, the fabled sun god, but she knows he's there, somewhere, looking over his sole progeny with pride. He lives in her mind as the stories she's heard of him. Bad things have been said about him; that he's rash, destructive, but she chooses to overlook those blemishes in favor for the knight in her dreams, golden and brave and just. Once, when she had been wandering around her new home (the World's Edge, ghastly dark place) she had stumbled across an ugly black scar in the forest, charred and burnt, but regrowing. Had he done that?

The voices grow louder and louder until their bodies are revealed; a star-spangled pegasus and a purple-accented unicorn. Her ears perk forward smartly. "Hello!" she calls brightly, plunging forward in their direction, forgetting about the sticky snow which now clings to her legs. This is the Threshold, the daughter of fire thinks, judging by the tall trees and the strangers that smell of exotic places. Her mother had told her of this place; it was once a place of sanctum for those of the WildRose's land, where the living where chased away by the dead. Ghastly place, the pale girl had said, glad she her sister and mother had made it out of that place.

"I'm Israfel," she chirps, halting before the duo. "You're in Helovia, do you need a home?" Maybe they would want to live in the Edge. Maybe it would make her sire proud enough for a visit.

israfel</style>
  I just want to start a flame in your heart.</style>
image by wella691 @ flickr.com</style>

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

FINN

The stallion grunted when someone's rump pushed into his shoulder and made him stumble in an ungraceful manner over his own cloven hooves. Ears slicked back and he turned his head in the direction of the perpetrator and was immediately disarmed when he spotted his star studded friend. "Serenity." He spoke her name, his voice dark and silky, such a drastic contrast from her own tones. He had half mind to scold her for not paying attention to where she was going (she could run into someone less forgiving than himself), but he hadn't the heart to hurt her feelings. He would let it slide this time and would scold her if she did it again.

"Yeah. Fate." It was a halfhearted agreement that fate had brought them together again. He didn't believe in fate and he didn't believe in destiny. He believed that what he did immediately affected future. Nothing was predetermined and yet his friend believed quite the opposite, he'd come to decide as she often spoke of fate.

"Serenity," He said her name again. "Be careful, the ice is slick you might fall." He was barely through warning her when a small foal appeared and greeted them. Helovia? At least the place had a unique name unlike the forest. "Hi there." He smiled warmly at the filly. "I'm Finn and she's Serenity. Where would you offer us a home?" He was not one to accept a long term home, but he did not want to disappoint the filly.

[Image: finntable.png]

herpderp. finn doesn't agree with first person.