the Rift

[DROP] Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"AND WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."

Well, if she had anything to say about the situation, she was quite pleased with everyone’s efforts. The entire group managed to keep the majority of the herd of turkeys in line and moving steadily southward.  It was a clumsy, noisy ordeal, but it was working. That had to count for something. 

Iona landed softly next to her sister as the group began to slow.  She knew the reason for the deteriorating pace, she had seen it well in advance. A river that the fire foxes had clearly failed to scout when planning this rodeo. Why would anyone have had the sense to make sure there wasn’t an obstacle in the path of this roundup? ”Do you know what the hell the Oregon Trail is?” Iona murmured, under her breath, to her sister. These foxes certainly were making a silly situation all the more complicated when the three felt more content to argue with each other than keep the group moving. Iona’s dark tail flicked impatiently. 

It seemed no one was going to come to an agreement, and the group was destined to split.  Iona, for one, wasn’t particularly looking to extend this little adventure with the fire foxes.  Her mind had been made up as soon as she heard the three options, and not just for selfish purposes. Iona was nothing if not logical. 

”I say we go over. If the ice starts to crack, surely they’d be smart enough to use their wings. Turkeys can fly.” She said, dryly, eager to be done with, well, whatever this was.  Iona didn’t particularly see the issue with crossing here if there was little risk. She wasn’t going to walk across the ice, that’s what wings were for. Why the bloody hell couldn’t the turkey use theirs? It’s not like they were asking them to cross a vast ocean.  She huffed, softly, to herself.  She could understand the concern from the earthbound contingent though. She didn’t envy them having to walk across the ice.  

- I O N A -

image credit

Summary: Iona chooses CROSS with Matches because turkeys can def fly. >.> 

Iona is seeking: 
:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to see enchantments as shadowy aura]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires permission outside battle. Lasts 2 posts in battle.]
One Prior Refusal X
WE Herd Champs Extra Roll
Wishlist

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

They were all idiots in my eyes. Why would you waste such time trying to find a dry place to go just because you were afraid of losing turkeys. They dumb fat things could rot for all I care. Yet I didn't express this to the cowboy foxes, no, I was compliant and sweet, responding with the right emotions to make it seem like I truly cared about their predicament. Sooner or later that orb would be mine to keep and love. With silver eyes studying the thick expanse of water before me and the ice neatly placed over it, my mind pondered briefly what the best plan of action would be.

Looping around was completely a waste of time. By the time we would be on the right path again a large chunk of the turkeys would either have gotten lost or possibly keeled over from exhaustion. It was too much time and also too much strain for the turkeys. They needed to be in the best shape in order to make it wherever the fuck these mutts wanted to go. The ice before us all looked solid enough, but one crack and all the birds would be frozen and drowned. Perhaps I could test it first? Pursing silver lips I trotted briskly to the expanse of water, pawing at it tenderly before looking back to the group and speaking my mind,"We should test the ice first before letting the turkeys cross. If it breaks then we find a smaller patch of water to go through. Winding around is a waste of everyone's energy and could still lead to the loss of turkeys from wandering." I left it at that before gracefully placing my hooves down firmly against the cold rock, waiting patiently for something; anything to happen. Putting my full weight further out into the middle of the expanse, turning my head back only briefly to see if the foxes approved. I was only concerned about their opinion after all.

"Speak"

Merlin
I'm a zombie with no notion of regret
Image Credits Table base by ChatoicMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

Merlin chooses CROSS?

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
vesper
After I succeeded in turning back the rogue turkeys, I looked back over my shoulder to see if Vastra had had any luck in corralling any rouges.  I was shocked to see my friend explode in a burst of flames - and where Vastra once stood - there was, well, turkey-Vastra! She still sort of looked like Vastra, but she was undeniably turkey shaped and sized. I gaped, thoroughly distracted as I watched my once-equine friend trot along with turkeys in tow - happily leading them southward.  Everly was the one who broke me from my turkey-trance, flying low across my line of sight back towards the slow moving column and doing her best at keeping me on task.  And so we continued, swooping and chasing the stragglers and keeping the whole line moving onward as best we could. 

That was until the group came to an abrupt halt.  Everly made her way to the front of the group to scout out the reason that the column had come to a halt, and it seemed that the fire foxes were having a bit of a disagreement at the front. I made my way towards the front of the group in time to hear the primary arguments between all three of the foxes.  I chewed on my bottom lip as I thought over all of their suggestions, and then the others began to speak and their considerations weighed in on my decision as well. 

I really had to think about which way I wanted to go.  I definitely understood why those who didn’t have wings wanted to go around, and why those who did have wings preferred to go over. But to me the intermediate option made the most sense.  Save time yet still safer than going across the widest and potentially thinnest part of the river.  And of course, there was the great herd of discontent turkeys to consider.  

Finally, I found my voice, and none of my indecision was evident once I spoke. “I think we should find somewhere safer, where the ice is definitely thicker, and it’s safer for everyone whether they have to walk or they can fly...turkeys included!”

Look at the stars, 
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes
Wishlist
No prior refusals
WE Herd Champs Extra Roll. 

Summary: Vesper chooses FIND a shorter/safer place to cross with Flint.

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
and oh, there is more to this life
All the hooting and hollering was quite a lot to take in, but the snowflake laiden wind was more than invigorating as endorphins from this unlikely amount of exercise began to rush about his body to each and every limb. Who knew chasing turkeys of all things would be such good exercise?
The ginger stallion found himself grinning brightly, only a few strides behind his pearlescent daughter as they drove the herd southbound with the team.

As they galloped and swooped, ushering the feathered creatures towards their fiery masters Tilney caught himself watching Maudes gait and finding it quite amazing how fluidly she moved for a filly of her age. She was growing quickly and perhaps her clumsiness was passing, her mothers grace setting it. It pained him to see that adorable feature of his daughter start to leave her, but it also assured him that she would grow into a wonderful woman; that was his one and only dream for Maude. That she would grow up healthy, strong, become truly wondrous, and to live happily and long.

But soon the hooting returned; there was a problem. The frozen river was not nearly frozen enough in Tilneys option - the weight of all these turkeys plus the equids would surely cause it to break. A shorter route with more solid ice seemed the best option - a longer route could be fraught with even more danger like various predators or an even more treacherous path.
"Maude, I think we should go with Mister Flint" the ginger brute murmured and attempted to usher his filly towards the fox who had elected to find a shorter path across the river.
"Please hold onto my tail, or even climb up onto my back. I don't want you getting swept away if the ice is to crack" Tilney spoke to the pearl girl, lowering his back for the young one to clamber on.

Tilney chooses to go with flint and FIND a shorter path!

image credits

Tilney is seeking;
Magic (Light) :: Healing
Ability to heal wounds and illnesses with a kiss to the patient's body.
(usually on the face whorl).

refusal one
refusal two
Extra roll from herd champs please! <3
Wishlist

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
Somehow, they’d managed to re-direct the whole flock. The girl found their hooting and hollering amusing, perhaps comical – unfamiliar with their vocalization. Not that she intended to copy these noises; they were far too obnoxious for the girl to consider. Perhaps if she felt silly enough, she might try it – one day.

As they pressed on she realized the creatures’ change in behavior. Once active and spurred on by the fear of their presence, they seemed to simultaneously slow and tire of their presence. A wonder that they couldn’t just fly the rest of the way there. And they should have, being birds and all. Clearly they were incapable of doing it within long distances.

A set of chirps exited her maw as the group came to a halt. It hit her; the silliness of it all, of course there was a river! She’d taken a drink from that very river! Watched it and trailed its body with her eyes from the sky!

What nonsense was this, really? They’d all forgotten about it; and as the mare trotted forwards, she could make out the ice enclosing the raging current underneath. A wistful sigh flung into the air.

The heated tunes of the foxes snapped Ru’s eyes upon them. Ears brought forward, alerted by their arguing. Three options remained hanging in question. To risk losing a vast number of the flock, and possibly separating a majority of the horde - lets say only half make it before the ice cracks and gives - would be too risky. Considering the large forms of the other earth-bound equines…

And to loop all the way around would cost time, time that the creatures clearly didn’t possess. Her gaze swept over the flightless birds, having very little faith in their stamina. Surely it wouldn’t do well to loose them to fatigue. And they couldn’t quite carry them all one by one – there was too many to count.

The middle ground appeared most appropriate to her, the losses could be evened out, less risk – though enough to keep them wary of the approach. And less time to loose; which led the young mare to believe it was the best of both worlds.

As Vesper spoke up, she reared and called in agreement. Nodding her head firmly as she settled upon the frosted ground. Opening her wings to intimidate restless deserters.

[RU chooses to FIND a shorter path!]

SEEKING:
SHOCK X LIGHT :: The ability to summon lasers, with varying capabilities of cutting through objects (more energy is needed to direct lasers that can cut through dense materials)
Restrictions: up to admins

Image Credits
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

It was tiresome work, and although it went rather well, Erthë still couldn't shake the feeling that she was doing something horribly embarrassing. Still, it was hard not to get swept up in the moment. The fire foxes seemed so serious about this, and there were so many others that fell in to do their bidding that she couldn't bring herself to call it quits and go home. She did want that orb, and now that they were doing this Erthë also couldn't help but feel curious about what would happen to the turkeys once they reached their destination.

Approaching the river, the young mare was prepared to simply push on over the ice and was somewhat annoyed that they wound up stopping. The foxes seemed troubled and began to bicker among themselves, but to her the answer seemed simple enough. The ice would definitely not be too thin for her to cross, even if she chose to do it on foot, and as long as she was there the birds too (and any other who chose to try) would definitely be able to pass over safely.

Thus, as the rafter broke up in three groups Erthë remained by the ones who wished to cross immediately, and as she set out across the ice, herding her turkeys on from her position in the air, she reached out with her mind towards the ice and attempted to reinforce it wherever it seemed weak, by freezing the underlying water to the furthest extent of her reach.

She didn't see why it wouldn't hold, as long as everyone crossed over one at a time and didn't stop to tapdance or something stupid like that...

It isn't what they say about you
It's what they whisper in the dark

image | coding

Erthë chose to CROSS because she is confident she can reinforce the ice with her magic and get everyone safely across. :D

Seeking;

:: [ Magic: LightxWater (U)| Able to rapidly freeze any liquids around her ]
:: [ Restrictions | Works in 15ft radius on liquids AND in containers (ie: bodies). ]

Using: Herd Champion Extra roll
No previous refusals

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Maude had never seen a river this big before, her knowledge limited to the small creeks that occasionally leapt to life in the Edge from heavy rain, or hidden springs.

Sliding across the slick, turkey-trampled snow and mud to a stop at the sight of the great, frozen ribbon, she mouths a silent “whoa,” in awe of its tremendousness. Though it isn’t currently thriving with motion, encased beneath a thick layer of ice, she can imagine it as it should be during warmer seasons. Babbling, rippling, with silvery fish flitting beneath, the allure of a living river is almost lost on the serene, silent grace of the real one before her. Maude is not quite sure why she’s never been told of a winter river, now that she’s seen one.

Sure, it isn’t singing, but, wow, is it pretty!

She looks over at her father with a big smile, all her happiness to be out and about, chasing foxes with him, as evident as her youth. Streams of hot breath filter from her dainty muzzle, her delicate ears flitting to catch the qualm of the fire foxes, and, when she’s asked by her daddy to follow Flint, she happily follows along.

The turkeys don’t seem to like being divided up or having been stopped, so she is quite excited to get to chase them back into the gaggle again when she sees an opportunity. However, they are soon at their destination, and, sure enough, the river is much less broad here than it was where they came up at first.

What her father suggests, however, makes her frown ever so slightly, looking about to see no one else clinging to their daddy for safety. Stubbornly refusing to climb up onto his offered back (though her heart does make the slightest tremble of fear for what should happen if the ice breaks, now), Maude grasps a good chunk of Tilney’s russet banner in her mouth, bravely nodding when she is sure her grip is secure.

[ Summary: Maude holds onto Tilney’s tail to cross the frozen river after they FIND Flint’s path. ]

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA

@Tilney
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

A few seasons ago, Alysanne would have been right with the rest - thinking she would best go around or find somewhere the ice was thicker so that it could support her weight. She felt incredibly nervous at the idea of trying to take off in front of so many others - especially those from her herd. Erthë, for example, was significantly younger but bright enough not to skimp on her flying lessons and seemed to have no issue at all! But though she was nervous, she also felt confident enough in her wings and her ability to use them. Confident enough to know that, though she might fumble, she would be able to get into the air and land later on without collapsing on her face.

As someone who moved with grace and ease over the earth, being turned into a clumsy fool in the sky was not a situation she relished in.

Iona landed near her, interrupting Alysanne’s thoughts, and asked in a low voice whether she knew what the Oregon Trail was. “Not a clue. But I don’t understand half the things that they’re saying, anyway.” She responded in a murmur much like the one Iona had used, her head turning slightly so the words were just for her twin.

She could feel the impatience radiating off of her twin as the foxes continued to squabble amongst themselves but for her part she just waited - calmly and almost idly listening as they bickered before the other horses started to pipe up with their opinions as well. Many suggested going around, and a few suggested finding a safer spot to cross. All three choices had merit - and Alysanne did not really understand the objections that going around was a waste of time. Did anyone here really have a pressing appointment that they needed to catch? Or were they simply that impatient to get the orb and the magic it contained? It took days to travel across Helovia, surely they could spare a few more moments to help out the foxes.

But although every option seemed right in its own way, hence the squabbling, Alysanne’s instinct was to cross here. The turkeys should be able to fly if the ice started to crack and they were very light. Had she known about Erthë’s ice magic, it would have reinforced her decision all the same - knowing that it would make things safer for turkey and horse alike.

So she remained with her sister, nodding but staying quiet - her green eyes bright as they waited to see what would happen next.

*ALYSANNE*
the devoted

art by Chan

Aly chooses CROSS with Matches

Alysanne is seeking:
[ Magic: Earth x Light | pale flowers grow among her feathers that can be eaten to heal minor afflictions ]
+ 1 extra roll for Edge Herd Champs
no prior refusals
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
As a group, they manage to corral the rafter and guide them after the foxes. Keen eyes watch the relationships between the horses, and seem to spy pairs of friends, or family that work together, but more so than not, she finds that it’s everyone for themselves. So whatever is in that orb must be something that is coveted enough to forsake herd ties. Yael can barely call herself a member of the World’s Edge (she sleeps there, doesn’t she? And she knows a few names, but otherwise one herd is the same as another in her mind), but she nevertheless maneuvers towards Erthe, the only one who’s name she knows.

The golden mare fills in a gab in the horse-wall and offers her frost-colored acquaintance a brief smile. Seems like the silly birds were giving up their efforts to escape. She doesn’t try to make any conversation - proximity to a not-so-complete stranger is enough at moment.

Then the group comes to a river crossing, and Yael listens to the three foxes bicker and then as the disagreement continues amongst the rustlers. A slight frown creases her golden lips as she eyes the group. Many of them have wings, which takes the weight off the ice - and she’d seen the turkeys fly with her own eyes, so there is no doubt that if faced with a life or death situation, that the birds would get themselves to the other side of the river. Perhaps she should be more concerned about those of them who don’t have wings… how would they cross? What if the ice breaks after the first couple of birds cross, and leaves the majority of them stranded on the other side? She can’t imagine that would be a good situation, with the party split. Yael has no knowledge of Erthe’s magic, so she can’t make a decision based off that.

Plus, the birds seem to have lost the will to challenge the horses, having been relatively well behaved after their initial scare. She cannot, in good conscience, support crossing the ice here, where the currents are surely swift, and the ice untrustworthy. A shorter crossing would be the best bet. It’s time to voice her opinion. “I cannot xelp but vorry about ze ice breaking ahnd spleeting ze group. Ve don’t all xaf vings, so… I t’ink t’at ve must find a find a shorter crossing. Eet vould be safer for all.”

Yael would never want someone to drown because she only thought of her own abilities. And there are children in the group. They mustn't be careless in their greed.

yael
by night, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in sleep shall defeat the darkness

horse lines | wing lines | coloring & coding

Yael travels for a while near @Erthe, and then chooses to FIND a shorter crossing.

Seeking:
[Magic: Fire | Ability to keep one's self warm, even in extreme temperatures]
No prior refusals

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
The flock comes to a sudden halt, turkeys fumbling into and over one another but somehow staying relatively well contained between the waters edge and the myriad of wannabe wranglers surrounding them. The old stallion slows too, his sweeping stride closing and dropping momentum until his legs seem to just roll back into an ambling walk without pause and, more importantly, without causing stress to their already swollen joints. He circles to the front of the congregation, careful to give the flock a wide berth for fear of angering another big tom gobbler. His ears cock to catch the foxes argument, though they needn't have bothered with the way the three tods are shouting.

Options outlined, the other horses start to pick their side, gravitating toward the fox of their choice, and overall it seems like a fairly even three way split. The old black initially wants to stay with the fox still holding the orb, Matches apparently, but his plan to cross the river at their current location seems almost as if it's designed to dunk old men into freezing cold water - it's Frostfall for fucks sake - so he quickly shuffles over to the group rallying behind Zippo, his idea of doubling back and coming around the bend in the river without having to cross treacherous swathes of ice striking him as significantly less likely to end in death by hypothermia.

It's by delightful chance that he finds not only the white faced stallion and his dragons from the meadow and the jewel encrusted mare from the birth of one of Rexannas many foals, but also Johnny, alive, awake, and apparently well, standing in a small cluster near the mascot of their choice. A throaty wuffle of hello catches in his throat on sight of the Weaver, held back by the realization that his last interaction with the candied family included not only insulting his wife, but physically assaulting his daughter too. His ears plane, deflated, and he veers off to stand beside the hulking mass of muscle and masculinity that once helped him out of another tricky situation, though he doubts this one could be solved by tiny dragon hand jobs.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'
OOC // Alby chooses LOOP, stands by Volterra, eyes Johnny.

Seeking :: [ Magic: LightxSpark (U) | Ability to compel others to follow his order by stimulating pleasure centers of brain inducing adoration. ]
One prior refusal Here

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The horses seemed just as split as the foxes, each one selecting a side and gathering up the nearest turkeys until nothing and no one was left in the middle. Without any signal or seeming decision, everyone just sort of dispersed with their idea, thinking it best. There was certainly merit to each decision- Matches wanting to cross was much more interested in saving time and favored the bold (or the flighted), Flint wanted to find a shorter crossing proving he was willing to be daring at the expense of some time and favored the resourceful, while Zippo wanted to loop back around and play it most cautious regardless of the time and thus he favored those with endurance.

Courage and haste, or safety and waste?

Matches leaped across the wide section of the river with ease, his movements quick and light, his body moving with en effortless grace across the frozen water. Merlin, Iona, Erthe, and Alysanne were just behind him, all inescapably winged, but then, so were the turkeys that they herded, right? Right, which is why when the ice broke under the weight of the crossing, only a third of the turkeys managed to survive. Many attempted to fly, but struck each other in their panic and went down, then quickly became too waterlogged or injured to attempt again. It was almost instantaneous, the hole that opened up to consume the flock, and then the jigsaw of ice that rushed back over it, trapping the fowl below to a cold demise. Erthe's touch hadn't been enough after all, the moving water beneath too powerful to be coaxed into such a solid and frozen state. Maybe if she'd had more time, more concentration, then something would have come of it.

Meanwhile Flint and his crew, Ru, Vesper, Maude, Yael, and Tilney, all set out to search for a wiser place to cross. So they searched, and searched, and searched... and since their eyes were busy searching, they didn't do so hot with rustlin'. Turkeys strayed left and right, and eventually some local predators caught wise. With a significantly reduced group size, the predators were more daring. Among the losses to predators and the trees, the flock was gradually reduced to half. Eventually Flint found somewhere short enough that you could practically jump across, but were the efforts really worth it in the end?

Then of course there was Zippo and his gang of "play it close to the vest" kind of horses. Albrecht, Volterra, Johnny, and Najya set out with the fox and the turkeys they had amassed. Of course their path was long and not without its difficulties. Similar predation risks fell upon them, but since they were just following the river until it stopped, they didn't have their attention cut, and they were able to stave off most of the hungry onlookers. Some turkeys wandered off, but they caught them. What they couldn't save was the exhaustion that came over the birds. They were not meant to travel such great distances in such a short period of time, the horses and the fox driving them relentlessly, north, then back south, a third of them couldn't go on.

Eventually all the foxes and horses met up again on the other side of the river, each group haggard and tired. Matches was in a foul mood, having lost nearly all of his flock and being forced to wait for everyone else to rejoin him. Anxiously his flaming tail waved back and forth, and though he was rejoined by Flint and the his band, their devastating losses did little to cheer the two foxes. Together they paced, waiting impatiently for Zippo, who strolled up weakly with his crew, fewer turkeys in tow than when he had left, but still more than his two brothers.

"Tha Orgeon Trail has get many aga'n," Matches lamented as he regrouped with his siblings. "Aye," Flint and Zippo panted in unison, ears low with defeat. "Nex' year boys, we be moar ready!" Matches said encouragingly, his body fluffing up as his flames extended out further, fueled by his drive.

He paused for a moment, glancing around at the horses that had been through it all with them. Although he was thankful to them all, some had certainly proven more useful than others. "Here," he murmured, flinging the orb he carried towards Johnny. "For all ya efforts, we thank ye," he nodded his head, fiery stare holding the strange horse for a moment before he slowly blinked and sped back towards the front of the flock, Flint spreading out to the side.

Zippo sat and yipped, tail wagging excitedly, as a coy grin spread on his maw. "This one's fa ya,L" he grinned toothily as his tail swept a second orb towards Najya. He had seen her efforts first hand, and though the brothers hadn't discussed giving out two orbs, he was feeling generous - and perhaps a bit proud that his decision had been the most right, and his horses the best. In fact, his other two horses, Volterra and Albrecht, would not walk away without their own rewards. Perhaps it was due to being in the company of the turkeys for longer than anyone else, or due to their success, or both - but the two stallions would find themselves capable of becoming a turkey, if they used it before it wore off at least.

"We can take it from hur hawses, thank ye kindly!" Zippo explained before racing around to the other side of the flock. With some barking and nipping the turkeys were back in motion, guided south by the foxes. On to the Heart, where they would be fed into the flaming pit and eaten by the rest of the fox family!

LOOP won the roll, so then whoever chose it was eligible for the winning roll.

Congratulations @Johnny & @Najya !

@Albrecht & @Volterra have earned the temporary ability to cast an illusion that seemingly turns them into a turkey for one thread during Frostfall 8! The illusion is so real that it's practically like they had transformation magic!

Ru, Merlin, Vesper, Maude, Albrecht, Yael, Tilney, Iona, Erthe, Volterra, and Alysanne will receive a refusal on their records. Thanks for helping the foxes gather up their Thanksgiving feast!

Vastra is disqualified for not responding in time.