the Rift

[DROP] Amarillo by morning [FIRE/LIGHT DROP]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

The restlessness of the flock begins with the first pegasus that appears across the meadow and circles above like a hawk- Ru. Several naked, red-washed heads pop up from their pecking and with a jerking, tilting motion, eye the flighted horse warily.

It continues when a small filly, Farah, breaks into their masses, nosing around as if sniffing out the best of them to munch on. Numerous displeased clucks warble through the throng that moves around her like brown, feathery water.

The rafter truly breaks however, as a horned filly, Merlin, stalks them with her raptor. The excited, hesitant clucking explodes into a high-pitched wailing of worry as turkeys abruptly clamber over one another, wings flapping and snoods swaying. They're too large to actually properly fly, but it doesn't stop them from trying.

Though the flock is so large, this initial ripple takes some time to expand from its source and infect the whole flock. More horses come however, each one a new pressure that sends the flock into an increasing tempo of panic, such as the shouts of Vesper and the rushed arrival of Maude. Albrecht's threatening display tempts a furious male into combat, the robust tom flapping bravely up towards the antlered horse, while Yael's approach, Tilney's yelling, and Erthe's crafty sneaking send several hens into hysterics. The appearance of Nephele's vulture, Johnny's griffin and the dragons of Volterra and Najya did little to help. By the time Iona, Vastra, and Alysanne calmly walked up, the frenzy had grown too great.

Birds were wildly running and flapping about, their squawking clearly disgruntled, and their haphazard movements blindly chaotic to their own safety or anyone else nearby. Such was their frantic state that the orb was kicked and jostled about numerous times, vanishing into the throng of turkeys until...

Three bright flames darted in from the north. Two peeled off on either side of the feathered mass, flanking the group, while the third leapt right into the middle and vanished among the throng of gobbling goons, only to abruptly appear, orb in possession, from the midst of the fray. The center flame wriggled up and bounded from the back of numerous turkeys until it had escaped the main horde and settled back on the northern outskirt between the other two.

"WHOOOOOOOOOO-WEE!" one cried out excitedly, leaping up. "Yous was right Matches! Them hawses jus' can't ignoore the oorb can'ey!?" the other one barked, chortling with laughter. "Flint, Zippo, I tol' ya! Thas why I'm thuh brains 'round here."
There, sitting on the edges of the flock, were three fire foxes. They appeared almost ethereal as their bodies, composed utterly of fire and flame, danced too and fro with an eternal burn. The center one, Matches, grinned. His toothy, bright smile growing around the orb he held onto.

"Listin up hawses!" one of the foxes cried, Flint, the thickest of the trio. "Iffin yous be wantin' this here orb, than you gotsta keep the flock movin, ya hear!?" Matches, the smallest of the three, bounded forward as his brother began to speak, nimbly bouncing off the back of the turkeys as he ran for the front, set to guide them all south, towards the Heart. "THIS HERE'S A TURKEY RUSTLIN'!" the other fire fox cried; Zippo, the scruffiest of them all, his tail bolt upright with excitement. Flint and Zippo yipped shrilly and lunged into the already chaotic flock, nipping and driving at the birds.

Though not as dramatic as the Wilde-beast stampede in the Lion King, the rafter of turkeys which had been swelling with anxiety now broke into a dead run, overwhelmed by this last final threat of both fire and foxes. Most took off south, the only real opening left among the gathered crowd, but several just darted in any direction they could see, breaking off in small groups or singles with a terrified gobble.

The fire foxes need help rustlin' up their turkeys!

If you're interested in additional fun, please write a verse/song/poem befitting of this 'cowboy' escapade. Place it in the bottom of your post to receive credit!

Those who do not qualify for this drop:
@Lyanna your magic is purely Wind
@Zyanya your magic should be Time x Wind
@Sacre your magic would be Shock

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

It wasn't long before we were interrupted by more company. There were at least 7-8 more horses besides myself, and I was nearly ready to scream. I had been lectured at bustled around by idiotic horses that didn't know where they were going, and used as a tool in hopes of them taking away my orb. Bitches were about to pay. Before I could really react I was fuming, bursting forth and attempting to grab the orb once again so I can run away from these heathens and treasure my new precious present. But before my jaws could clamp around the glowing beauty, an ethereal flame interrupted my path by snatching the jewel and sauntering away. Snarling I attempted to chase after it, only to be stopped by the flock of rampant turkeys. My startling had helped, but not necessarily in my favor. Growling, I watched helplessly as the stupid little beasts yipped and ooh'd at our sudden fascination. How I so badly wanted to squash their pointed snouts beneath my hooves. I was in the mood for bloodshed now.

Oh, but they had an offer now, and I suddenly paying rapt attention as they gave us a simple task; move the turkeys and you would have your orb. That was simple enough, as I had begun the stupid stampede in the first place. I would make sure to win this with everything I had. Snorting, I clicked softly to Mordred again, who without another thought cried out into the sky, slowly swooping down near the edges of the flock at those who attempted to free themselves from the larger group. With a purr in my throat I followed suit, herding with deft agility and using my sturdy draft legs to keep pace with these ugly birds. If these "cowboys", wanted a show, then as show they would get.

As I continued to work on moving this monstrous blob further South as they so badly desired, an idea came to my head. Something that would hopefully earn me favor and also make sure to get these blubbering squawking beasts in proper order, and not a blithering mess like they were now. Taking a deep breath I focused on a staggering group that tried to make an escape, concentrating the light in my horns before a brilliant flash came over myself and the area around me, hopefully surprising the turkeys and causing them to stun. If my magic should be successful, my precious Mordred would hopefully swoop down towards the separated gobblers and attempt to corral them back towards the larger group safely. I reminded him that I would sneak him one for a meal later once I was done getting what I needed.

I would be a good girl for them if they so desired. But only for a little while.

[[Summary: Merlin first attempts to grab the orb before one of the foxes can, and tries to chase them when they grab it. Is stopped by a flock of panicked turkeys. Decides to help with the round up by trying to keep the stragglers from breaking away, attempting to use her magic in hopes of keeping them closer together.

[ Magic: LightxFire | able to generate a bright burst of light from her horntips ]
:: [ Restrictions | Able to temporarily disorient others; affects those within a 5m radius; Effects last 10 seconds in battle ]

A Haiku by Merlin

Cowboys are stupid
I want to kill these foxes
The orb shall be mine
]]

"Speak"

Merlin

I'm a zombie with no notion of regret

Image Credits Table base by ChatoicMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor
Fire foxes?! Yael almost squeals over how cute the flaming little vulpines are. Caught up in the trio and their antics, her misery flies out the window as she hangs on their every word. So they were all here to get the orb, which she surmises has some sort of super-special-awesome surprise inside it, yes? Which makes sense, and it reminds her of the fairies and their Quests back in B’kanna. A task to complete - and whomever does it best or fulfills some sort of other unknown criteria gets a prize.

Apparently some things are universal. Including greed, but that’s another story.

Their directions are clear - keep the turkeys moving south, but then the tricksy critters launch themselves amongst the rafter and scatter some hither and thither. The drive is on! Yael responds with thrusting herself up on her hind legs and releasing an exotic, high-pitched ululation. It echoes to the heavens and hopefully turns some scattering turkeys on their proverbial heels - away from Yael, and back towards the rest of the group. She can’t tell if this a ‘work together’ situation, or a ‘hold your own’ situation, but she imagines that, like a certain lost lamb, every turkey is important, and there are enough horses here to keep the majority of the flock moving forward. Not everyone has wings, so Yael takes a few paces to run and launch herself into the air, climbing with powerful swoops of her wings high into the air and then circling around to her left and swooping down low to focus on two waddling creatures that are going the wrong way.

Luckily, she is out of Merlin’s blast radius and is unaffected by her light, though it does cause Yael to blink a few times, and wonder if whomever used it really thought their plan through. It turns out that turkeys can run pretty fast - up to 25 miles per hour, which is rather unexpected, and in these two particular turkeys’ cases, they start running northwest, and when Yael appears as a great big bird of prey in their poor, terrified, brains, they leap into the air and try to fly away. Their struggle to get a few feet off the ground allows Yael to maneuver in front of them and send them squawking loudly back to the ground. Unfortunately, then they split, and Yael has to decide which one to pursue. She chooses one going to the right (that is, now purely west, while the other goes east) and calls out to the group of wranglers, “Somevone geet t’at vone!”

Now occupied with only one Turkey, Yael does her best to speed up and land in front of it, before unfurling her large, gilded wings, and trying to direct it back towards the others. While using her wings as great big extension of herself, Yael also occasionally yells "Yah!" at the bird to get it to move faster (as fast as turkeys can waddle, of course). She doesn't want it to get left behind!

Who knew the big birds could be so ornery?

To the tune of Hallelujah

Well I heard there was a secret orb
That turkeys kept, and it pleased the Lord
‘Cause they don’t really care for magic,
Do they?

And it goes like this -
Foxes’ rodeo!
The horses ‘yah,’
And the turkeys GO
Poor birds all end up squawking,
FUCKING HORSES

GODDAMN HORSES
MEAN ‘OL HORSES
WE HATE HORSES
FUCKING HOR-OR-OR-OR-ORSES

RIP Leonard Cohen D:

yael
by night, tie your heart to mine, and the two
together in sleep shall defeat the darkness

horse lines | wing lines | coloring & coding

Summary: Yael ululates to try and turn some around, then takes to the air to follow two. The turkeys split, she follows one West while the other heads East, then lands and tries to herd it back to the group, open wing style.

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The restless birds flapped around with greater agitation for every bold move by the surrounding horses. Erthë kept her eyes trained on the orb as best she could, but before long she saw the ball knocked about and gasped, lunging forward in an attempt to snatch it before it disappeared.

Too late. It was gone, and the clucking, panicky birds ran all about her feet like a feathery river, making it nigh impossible to even move. Erthë scoured the ground for any sign of the shining object, all until something came upon them from the north, flaming bright and speaking in a manner that made her ears flatten against the poll with irritation. She couldn't even honestly say she was surprised to see the creatures; after a lifetime of constantly running into weird shit Erthë had grown jaded, her bar for 'unsettling and strange' raised to critical levels. It would take a lot more than burning foxes to make her bat an eye... Though, she had to admit that herding turkeys might be one of the stupider things she had ever agreed to in her life.

Eyeing the orb in the most vocal foxes paws with uncharacteristic greed, the young mare snorted and flapped her own wings as the agitated birds began to move south, clearing off enough space around herself that she was able to take flight. She set off to the east after a gaggle of turkeys that had escaped that way, and attempted to make them turn enough south by flying low and snapping her tail like a fluffy whip before their ugly faces.

Hopefully this wouldn't take too long... She felt ridiculous and muttered beneath her breath to herself as she worked, thinking this orb better be worth the trouble... or she would stop showing up to these events.

It isn't what they say about you
It's what they whisper in the dark

image | coding

Summary: Erthë takes to the sky to herd a gaggle of birds that tried to go east, trying to make them turn south by flying low and swatting her tail at them.

"That bird known as turkey
Not much of a looker
They're best served as jerky
Go ready the cooker"

-- by Chan

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

It isn't long before a crowd has gathered, and the leviathan's ears bat sideways with irritation. Why must so many fellow Helovians share his innate greed? It is a dreadful shame, and he looks at the orb with thinly-disguised hope in his eyes. Although the leviathan is quite comfortable with the power his own body possesses, he always wants more. His magic is useful, but it could be better. He always strives to improve himself, to better himself, to become great.

That, he supposes, is why he finds himself herding turkeys in the middle of a forest. He certainly doesn't do it out of altruism, or out of any particular desire to see the fire-foxes get their turkey dinner (because the stallion assumes that the fire-creatures are herding the birds with the sole purpose of eating them - they don't look like they'd be useful for anything else but food).

He sends his dragons after a small group of the clucking animals that have made an attempted bid for freedom, smothering their annoyed protestations. With daunting screeches and low-slung flight paths, the red and gold dragons work as a team to herd the turkeys between them back towards the main flock. If he wasn't so baffled by the sheer madness of the situation, Volterra would probably take the time to be impressed by the fact his companions are actually working together instead of against each other, and more impressed still that they're resisting their natural urge to eat the unfortunate birds.

As it is, he simply leaves them to do their job whilst he does his; he stalks his colossal form towards the rear of the main turkey flock, trying to help the foxes move the gaggle of birds southwards.

There once was a turkey called Fred
He had a lovely red crest on his head
In the clearing one day, he tried to run away
So the foxes ate him with stuffing and bread.

Vol's dragons try to herd a small group of turkeys back towards the main flock, whilst Vol tries to help herd the main flock south.

one | two

Seeking an upgrade to his existing magic:

[Magic: Earth x Fire | Can create and animate golems made of stone with fire inside them.]

Upgrade: Golems can breathe fire that causes minor burns, and when they crumble they release a small wave of fire.

refusal

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie
The calls of a very, very familiar voice rise over the meadow, and the garbled shouts of turkeys.

Glancing over at her best friend with a look of surprise, and a silently exchanged, “go, go!,” the two move in an attempt to avoid her father’s notice, mostly because he tended to over react over she and Katua’s antics. While Maude could understand that it was likely out of concern for her safety, and out of broken-heartedness at her own mother’s vanishing, she also found it frustrating. She was two seasons old, now! She could go to the meadow with Katua.

Speaking of Katua… she thinks, looking about for her mysteriously vanished friend. Tutti had a way of vanishing whenever father came about, Maude thinks with a smile, likely because she was as likely to the get the brunt of her father’s concerned fussing as the ginger trimmed maiden herself was.

“Maude!” calls her father, too close to have not noticed her. Turning about with her best smile on, all sunbeams and glitter, it only falters ever so slightly as he admonishes her – mostly because she’s found it tends to work.

Whether it’s the grin on her lips, the wonderful embrace of their figures, or the turkeys, maybe even all three, Tilney isn’t fussing at her anymore. Looking out at the orb, he asks her if she knows what it is.

She doesn’t. She’s about to say so, and that she’s sorry for frightening him, but then something very exciting happens.

"Oh-my-gosh-DADDY!" is a girlish squeal of delight on the wind, no sooner than she’s entirely sure of what she’s witnessing.

Beacons of fire rocket from nowhere, becoming handsome, flickering foxes. Her eyes wide as saucers, Maude simply cannot bare not trying to touch those fellows. Even better, as she begins to eagerly trot towards them (making sure, of course, that Tilney was coming with her), they offer to give the best turkey chaser the orb her father had been sure to intone was quite special.

She doesn’t have time to get to the foxes before the race has started. With a wild giggle, she bounds after the turkeys without a thought, rather keen on coming into possession of the shiny bauble. That same laughter still tangled in her voice, she tilts her gaze back to inquire some things of her daddy while they run.

"What is the orb, daddy?" she asks, her yellow-green eyes glimmering joyfully as she casts them back to the task at hand (chasing after the feathered butts of some nearby hens), "it sure is pretty!"

Surely not as swift as the others rushing after the turkeys, however, its not long before Maude changes her tactic from simply charging after the cackling birds wildly, noticing that lots of the birds on the outskirts seemed keen on getting lost. Diverting her path with another bout of giggles, she attempts to “rustle” the turkeys back into the rest of the fleeing flock, her mind swiftly inventing a song for the moment (which she keeps within, and occasionally quietly hums to herself, not quite yet confident enough in her song writing prowess to simply belt such a new creation aloud):

One thousand turkeys in a gaggle,
as three fire foxes come to haggle!
One dozen hawses begin to give chase,
one thousand turkeys, all over the place!

One, two, three, four,
How many turkeys can you score?
Five, six, seven, eight,
Don’t let the gaggle separate!

[ Summary: Maude proceeds to wrangle the turkeys (hopefully with Tilney? :D), giving chase while occasionally diverting off to get one or two that run off from the group. In the interim, she invents a song ~ cause what else does one do whilst wrangling turkeys ]

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
His mimicry of the turkeys display is clearly jovial, both ears relax and forward, a lopsided grin firmly in place as he bobs his head and shakes out the long auburn strands of his beard, and maybe in horse-speak it is clear, but poultry aren't especially known for their intelligence nor for their grasp of foreign languages. The nearest gobbler turns, an angry rawwwwww swelling from somewhere deep in his throat, vehement enough to set his wattle to shaking. Each individual feather of his tail display spreads and stiffens, making an enormous fan of earthy browns, whites, and reds while the smaller feathers of his body fluff out to create the illusion of his growing several sizes larger in the few seconds it takes him to focus on this newly perceived rival. The stallion freezes.

'Now you've done it.' His companion wails. The pythons instincts had sent him ducking back into the safety of his scarf the moment the turkey had cocked its head, turning one pupilless shark-eye toward him. Snakes don't play with birds, that's what his instincts had said. They're all sharp beaks and sharp feet and death from above style executions. He huddles forlornly against the stallions chest, mentally urging him to put those freakishly long legs of his to use. Lucky for the pair of them, a sudden whooping and commotion of sound and movement breaks out along one side of the flock, rapidly moving inward. Startled, the gobbler turns, and the stallion bounds away with much more respect for the lower tiers of the food chain than he'd woken with this morning.

The foxes reclaim their orb and set their task, but the stallion has seen this play before. He knows that his presence is all that's really required, not any actual effort or pivotal role in proceedings, so he lumbers along near the rear of the now galloping flock, breathing easy and simply enjoying the feel of his long stride under the power of his slowly strengthening muscles. This at least he can enjoy.

"Alby talks" 'Strom talks'
OOC // Poem courtesy of Strom:
Demon turkey, beaks and claws,
Won't find me inside your jaws.
Demon turkey, shark eyed joe,
The foxes come, now won't you go?

Seeking :: [ Magic: LightxSpark (U) | Ability to compel others to follow his order by stimulating pleasure centers of brain inducing adoration. ]
One prior refusal Here

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

Jellybean was freaking out and I’m not going to lie, so was I. I don’t know how these foals were having so much fun, I was uncomfortable with how close in size I was to the turkeys. I mean, I’m not really that close - I was like 52% sure I could outrun one of them if I really wanted to but I really did not want to test that out but here we were.

As soon as the foxes mentioned rustling, Jellybean just took off from my back and started charging at the group. She was smaller than the turkeys but she was just as awkward and she was ridiculously loud so there she went, my squawking companion, screaming herself hoarse and having the time of her life. She focused on some of the stragglers, rounding them up and attempting to force them back into the group.

I trotted along with her, because I panicked whenever her white and pink form disappear behind the brown and black ugly forms of the turkeys. I needed to keep an eye on her and, well, I guess I was going to help out?? I almost forget to because I see Albrecht - sweet, grumpy, adorable Albrecht, in the field as well but like, we’re both working so even though I whinny at him I’m distracted by Jellybean starting to yell in her outside voice.

So, the thing about her being part cockatiel is that she has learned words and not just in the ‘talk to me through our bond’ kind of way. She mimics noises that she hears. The most disturbing is how she picked up on the howl of a wolf, which she always chooses to practice when everyone is fast asleep. Anyway, right now she’s not so much howling as… crowing. An obnoxious ‘cock-a-doodle-do’ because, to her, these aren’t so much turkeys as they are really deformed roosters and she’s trying to communicate with them.

I mean hey, if it works!

Johnny's song, to the tune of 'Everybody' by the greatest boyband ever, BSB

All you turkeys
Don’t you run free
All you turkeys
Don’t run free now
Johnny’s gonna catch ya, wow!

DUN DUN DA DUN DUN

Oh my god we’re doing this
The foxes shouted to help them out
We’re gonna rustle them, I guess now
I’ve got some questions for ya
Better answer now

Is this ridiculous? (yeaahhh)
Is this the only way? (yeaaahhh)
Is this humourous? (yeaaahh)
Am I really doing this?
You better not run free now

All you turkeys
Don’t you run free
All you turkeys
Don’t run free now
Johnny’s gonna catch ya, wow!

---

Johnny is seeking:
:: [ Magic: Earth x Light | can craft addictive candies from plants ]

prior refusal: one
and please use 1 x VOTG extra roll from my prize list
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
and oh, there is more to this life
Many faces were recognised among the crowd; a majority were members of the western herd from whence he had come, and the others presumably hailed from the various other nations or roamed as vagabonds between them. As usual Tilney wondered about each stranger, and of course smiled at all the other turkey spectators.

Of course, Maude didn't know what that was. Sadly he hadn't the time to educate her on Father Sun as much as he'd like to, nor Father Earth or Time. The Mother had been the main focus of her learning no doubt, being the patrol of their home. It was the lord of light that Tilney felt the closest to and always had. The master of healing, light and truth - not the mistress of wind and darkness. Perhaps today the pearl girl's lessons would begin on who, in Tilneys opinion, was the true lord of Helovia; and the true Lord of him.

"That, Maude, Is a gift from the God of the Sun" Tilney explained to the girl, his velveteen lips right next to her ear. "Father Sun probably placed it here himself. It contains great magic."

The enchanted stag looked up to the heavens, eyes bright with wonderment and total awe. "Aiya" fell from his lips, and his lantern became alight with flame. It was the highest word of praise in the language of his people; It was hail, but it was more than hail. "we say that to say thank you to him" Tilney taught the little dove who stood by his knees. Let that be her first lesson - how to thank the lord for the light he brings.

But the lords light wasn't enough to keep the frigid glare of Nephele from reaching right to the back or Tilneys skull.
When the flaxen brute caught the amazonians gaze he immediately shied his crown away. What was she doing here!? To think she was gone for good, that that mistake was forgotten was out of the question it seemed. She would always be there, the warrior from the Dragons Throat. Nephele existed; a reminder of his filth, infidelity, his failure. Looking away wouldn't change that either.
Giving a soft snort, Tilney made up his mind to instead treat her as he would any other - there was no other way to over come this paralysis that came from their relation was there?
But how could he even look at her!? Like a bandaid. Just rip it off.
Those green eyes found the hetrochomatic pair of the amazonians and he froze uncomfortably, hardly able to glare or smile in return - he just looked blankly at her until he could release himself from the deadness that filled his sightgivers.

Than came the light, and the screech.
"WHOOOOOOOOOO-WEE!"

It was a most welcome interruption, to say the least. Tilney stamped a foreleg over Maudes pale body to protect her from the flames, but when the yodelling firefoxes began to speak, the father began to smile. Maudes laughter, her breathless squeal filled his heart with the most incredible warms as if the foxes had put it there themselves.
Rounding up Turkeys? Surely all these helovians could handle that!
"Quick my love, after them!"

Tilney darted off beside his young one, staying just a pace or two behind her incase she were to catch a rabbit hole and fall or simply trip. The doctor knew nothing about wrangling, but wherever he swept his feet the turkeys seem to dark off in the other direction save for a few stragglers which Maude caught easily enough. They made quite the team, and Tilney could only hum along with the sweet song she chanted as they ran.
By now all thoughts of Nephele had totally left his mind, she was forgotten.
What a wonderful morning this had turned into.

------------------------

tl;dr :: Tilney teaches Maude about the sun god, then sees nephele and shrivells up, then goes turkey chasing! Assists Maude by giving chase, supervising her bc she'll die duh and letting her catch the stragglers. He also hums along with her song which is cute.

A limerick about frostfall turkey chasing.

When the sun drops and the icicles come
So do turkeys, so no time to feel glum
But the ones who come to rustle
Often end up in a bustle
And they always end up on their bum.

image credits

fangirl level 1000

Tilney is seeking;
Magic (Light) :: Healing
Ability to heal wounds and illnesses with a kiss to the patients body.
(usually on the face whorl).

refusal one
refusal two
Extra roll from herd champs please! <3
Wishlist

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
vesper
I smile over at Maude, who’s clearly also come from the Edge this morning and been distracted by the turkeys. However, her Papa didn’t seem very happy that she’d gone out this morning so I thought it wise just to leave the two of them be rather than going over to say hi.  I was amazed at how many people were drawn to the turkeys, but at the same time I shouldn’t really be surprised - a bunch of people had come to play mother fish’s game when she’d been looking for someone to look after Everly’s egg. 

I kept to the sidelines as the others came, not wanting to disturb the turkeys.  But as more and more arrived - and more and more became determined to obtain the orb - the turkeys seemed to get more agitated.  I tried to ignore that fact for a second as I connected names with the faces that I knew. I recognized Queen Alysanne, of course, and a few other faces from home. There were a few that brought with them scents of the basin, but I didn’t remember ever seeing them when the Basin had been home.  It did make me miss Mama, however, more than ever. I wondered if anyone from up north had had a report on how her mission was going - if they had had any word from her.  I let out a little sigh, but my attention was broken by a particularly loud burst of gobbling. 

I scanned the crowd again, growing more concerned about the state of the turkeys, and was pleased when I caught sight of a familiar shape. “Hi Vastra!” I trilled, happy to see my once-seal friend. “You still have your seal spots!” I giggled, pointing out the obvious with a nod of my dark nose towards her spotted shoulder.  Again, the gobbles intensified - now punctuated with squawks and flaps and other sounds of turkey discontent.  I took one uncertain step away from the madness, silently wondering if it was even safe to stay this close to the unhappy turkeys.  

Everly spotted the flames before I did, alerting me to the strange lights by unhappily flapping her wings dancing uncertainly on her preferred perch between my ears.  But then the flames exploded into animals.  Not just any animals…foxes.  The uncertain shuffle of my hooves that originally could be attributed to nerves could now only be attributed to excitement as the trio of foxes explained the situation.  And then, with a shout, the turkeys were off and the whole situation had dissolved into controlled chaos.  My silver eyes widened as the turkeys rush past in a panicked sea of feathers - breaking off where they saw opportunity. 

”Come on!” I shouted over the noise to Vastra, as a few turkeys broke off from the main southbound group, struggling to catch up to the crazed birds.  Everly immediately took off from her perch on my poll, determined to help in some way - doing her best to get in front of the flock.  Instead, she flew higher over the group of stragglers and began to beat her wings - and the strangest thing happened. Time itself began to slow so that I was able to catch up with the stragglers and cut them off, flashing the glowing undersides of my wings in front of the turkeys in the hopes of turning them back towards the group. 

Look at the stars, 
Look how they shine for you,
And all the things that you do.

Vesper is seeking:
Magic (A) [Dark x Light] – Emits a star-like glow from within capable of blinding foes
Wishlist
No prior refusals
WE Herd Champs Extra Roll. 

Summary: says hi to @Vastra, awed by fire foxes, companion uses Roc companion magic to slow time so Vesper can get in front of a group of turkey-stragglers and then she flashes her glowy wings at them to herd them back towards group

Vesper’s silly turkey poem.
Turkeys running round and round,
When the foxes came they took off southbound!
Horses followed and ran and chased,
But those little gobblers left with great haste!
The magical orb was hard to resist,
This opportunity just couldn’t be missed!

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

"AND WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."

Iona watched, equal parts amused and confused, as the turkeys became more and more agitated around them.  Her long black tail flicked agitatedly against her fetlocks.  “You know, just when I think I’ve seen everything in this place, someone or something proves me wrong,” the painted spy says, with a huff, to no one in particular.  Nothing to start your morning like an angry, agitated group of turkeys stampeding around the grasslands, right?  Seemed perfectly normal.  She watched her sister manage a near-perfect landing out of the corner of her eye, and a small smile tugged at the corner of her lips. 

As Alysanne came to stand by her side, the agitation level of the, er, herd of turkeys continued to grow.  Iona was thankful she had chosen to stand on the outskirts of this mess, because the undulating mass of angry birds was doing nothing to help her comfort level with the situation as a whole.  Thank god turkeys are shit at flying, she thought to herself. The skies would be a welcome sanctuary if this situation went south, and Iona certainly wasn’t the most optimistic of the bunch - to say the least. 

”No idea,” the painted mare murmured to her sister, ”but I have a sinking suspicion that we’re going to find out.“ Because in that moment, the trio of flames had descended upon the scene.  Now, this wasn’t the first strange manifestation of magic that Iona had seen in Helovia, and she doubted it would be the last.  However this trio certainly gave the creature fascinated with warming his ass over a molten pool a run for his money.  Their request certainly elevated the weird factor too.  Iona said noting, she simply looked over at her sister and gave her a look.  A look that said are we seriously going to do this? The others seemed less concerned by the hootin’ and hollerin’ and bounded into action immediately.  Iona’s feet felt like glue as the mass of turkeys took off in a, well, a stampede. 

”Well. This is happening,” she said, flatly, before finally taking to the skies and following the angry horde of feathers and beaks.  The painted mare picked out a pair of stragglers from above and dived, cutting sharply to redirect them with a powerful blast of wind to continue south with the rest of their panicked brethren.  

- I O N A -

image credit

Summary: Sarcastic Iona is sarcastic, not super amused, does the thing anyway, guides turkeys by diving at them from above and directing them with downdrafts and wind. Mentions/speaks to @Alysanne

Iona is seeking: 
:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Ability to see enchantments as shadowy aura]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires permission outside battle. Lasts 2 posts in battle.]
One Prior Refusal X
WE Herd Champs Extra Roll
Wishlist

Iona wrote a sarcastic turkey haiku. Because it’s Iona. 
Look at all the birds
Running around like crazy
How typical here

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

A’mal’s personal pity party is short lived, for both she and her bonded realize immediately how...discontent the turkeys surrounding the orb have come.  Feeling Najya’s concern before the little mare has to speak it, the little white dragon is aloft again, circling over the group.  From above, the mass of birds looks almost like the sea between the Throat and mainland Helovia.  Najya’s certainly seen nothing like it before, but she certainly has her reservations to being quite this close to so many clearly irritated animals.  Still clinging to her solitary turkey feather, she flew in the direction of her bond mate, overwhelmed at the presence of so many equines, companions, and turkeys. She was, however, intrigued at the presence of other dragons.  While the pair were clearly absorbed in their task - she had never actually met another of her species.  

The little white dragon landed softly on her bonded’s haunches, proudly clutching her feather, as chaos began to unfold.  Both equine and dragon were uneasy, and kept their distance.  Najya about the growing unrest; A’mal about losing sight of the shiny orb.  However, soon there was something else shiny on the horizon.  Both were accustomed to Helovia’s oddities, so took the appearance of the firefoxes and their task in stride.  Najya was excited to be able to participate and earn the orb.  A’mal was thrilled at the prospect of not only being able, but being encouraged to chase the strange looking birds.

Most everyone present set off after stragglers, and Najya sent A’mal after a solitary bird that tried to escape off to the west.  The little white dragon responded eagerly - attempting to both catch and herd the turkey back into line with his friends.  Najya picked a different strategy for herself - more similar to the strategy the other equine with not one, but two dragons was employing. She stayed with the main column, flanking the right side to prevent any deviation from their intended path. Additionally, using her magic, Najya created two additional dragons made of light - larger than companion dragons but smaller than an equine - to flank the sides of the southbound column in the hopes of preventing any crafty birds from getting any ideas.

NAJYA
image credit

Najya is seeking: 
Active - Light - Able to create a shield made entirely of light that shines brightly like a beacon.
Restriction: Lasts 30 seconds in battle.
Two prior refusals 1 2
Wishlist

Summary: A'mal goes to get one of the stragglers while Najya stays with the main column of turkeys, Najya also uses her light magic to create two dragons made of light - one on each side of the main column.

Turkey Trot, by Najya

Turkeys of all colors
Foxes made of flame
Warriors, healers, and scholars
All come to stake a claim

Fowl scattered and sprinting
While the equines try to corral
The orb mysteriously glinting
And certainly improving morale

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Ru Posts: 130
World's Edge Captain atk: 7.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1h :: 3 [Tallsun] HP: 60.5 | Buff: Novice
Mar
You can see everything from the sky; familiar faces, potential friends as Lyanna saddles beside the observing girl. She chirps in agreement before Lyanna descends, a crooked grin marked against Ru’s façade. The heroine refuses to asunder with the group down below, however. Preferring to swoop around lazily. Content on eyeing the groups interactions, capturing the sight of companions. And pocketed their owners into a growing bank of lists, and the descriptions that went along with them.

And what unfolded was a bit of a frenzy, chaos as the ugly ‘pigeons’ struggled with their presence. Flighty, frightened things, that cackled and crooned, squawked and blubbered in the strangest pitches and rolls, most alien to the girl’s ears. So much that, as others began to drive into the fray she found herself giggling beside herself. By the time she’d opened her eyes, that curious, glowing orb was at once absorbed by the brood of hens and toms.

Shoot.

A disappointed sigh escaped her lips. Obviously she wasn’t doing very well at this ‘paying attention plan’. Oh, but it hardly lasted as the fire fox first appeared. Tangling the girl’s sudden intrigue with a low, crooning coo. They were fast, and the girl had to watch for a while longer before she realized they were completely composed of fire; churning, rolling flames.

Ru dropped her elevation to keep in earshot of the creatures. One of them, with the orb in their possession took the front, while the other read out their conditions. Ru frowned, before shrugging off the strange request and decided to follow along. For some reason everyone had been gathered here today because of that orb. Was it simply a precious stone or… or more? Was it dangerous? She shoveled her thoughts aside, and joined the fray as the equines jumped into action – eager, no doubt – to attain the orb and all it beheld. While the remaining two fire foxes moved beside either side of the turkey blob.

A roaring cry escaped her lungs – creaking and disjointed – that bellowed out from the young mare’s mouth with a closing hiss. She began to pursue a scattering bulge from the east with a sharp dive to meet them. Slowing her descent along its breaking edge, and roared once more, feral, in an attempt to sway the frazzled minds back into their horde. With wings spread wide, the bay dun touched down, following the speed of her descent with steady limbs. Purchasing a spot along their outermost seat, snapping teeth out and towards the main group.

SEEKING:
SHOCK X LIGHT :: The ability to summon lasers, with varying capabilities of cutting through objects (more energy is needed to direct lasers that can cut through dense materials)
Restrictions: up to admins
wishlist

Summary: circles in the air, watching how the events unfold. Swoops down to a group dispersing at the east, roaring after them and moving to the edge. Touches down and runs beside them, snapping her teeth to keep them in line.

Image Credits

Bright, sparkling orb
How quickly you gather your horde
Equines and turkeys galore
South-bound, legs, claws and fire-fox paws

See us run 
From winter's cold hum
And into the heart of Helovia's beating drum
- Ru
Please Tag
Permision to use any violence/harm; nothing that would cause immediate death

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

Turkeys, well it certainly was better than the unusual flame vomiting bird which had planted it's fat ass on the magic it was tasked with guarding. Did there have to be so many though? Where had they all come from was a better question. In all her years roaming, and since her return to Helovia — she had never, ever witnessed the sheer mass of turkey's which strutted and rustled about the frosted meadow. The warrior landed with an audible thump a short distance away from the gathered crowd, no doubt some of them had gathered first to see why there were so many birds, and then had seen what lurked between their feathered bodies.

Atreus landed upon her haunches just as her wings folded neatly against her slimming barrel, the weight of post-pregnancy had began to disppear now she was actively once more out and about, not to mention being mother to two bouncing bundles — one with more enthusiasm to cause trouble and mischief than the other — proved to be an acceptable work out which competed with sparring. The bearded vulture's eyes peered at the unusual looking birds, head tilted at the peculiar flap of skin that dangled from the male turkeys face. He certainly didn't look that ugly...did he? A once over of his petite frame confirmed it with a sense of smugness which radiated through their bond, a snorted chuff of amusement escaped her when she figured out why exactly he felt so smug.

"Don't get so smug, you're still a bag of feathers." She retorted and ignored Atreus' squawk of irritation, instead she moved toward the crowd in order to see if there was anyone she knew. Not particularly, until she spotted the ginger stag that was the unwittingly the father to her two sons who know frolicked over sand dunes and ran in the surf of the Dragon's Throat. She had half the mind to charge at him, hundreds of pounds of warrior muscle and compressed emotions ready to chew him out in front of the few horses scattered about staring at turkeys, chasing turkeys and generally waiting for the Orb which bobbed between them to do something. However, Atreus' mental prod stilled her hoof as she went to do just that, he had noticed the filly the stallion had run to. A daughter, he assumed, and he knew that Nephele wouldn't want to trample such a fragile thing or traumatize her by seeing her father get rugby tackled across the meadow.

Instead, she peeled her eyes away from the father-daughter moment which she found herself staring at and strode toward the turkeys. He'd find out about his sons another day, when little ears were absent and there wasn't quite a crowd. Muzzle dropped near the ground to better look at them, her companion hopped along her crest to rest upon her poll, a jovial click aimed at one of the nearby hens to see if they would respond.

"Speech."

Art by lunameyza@ DA

Summary; stays somewhat at the back of the stampeding turkeys, using her wings to try and deter any from slipping past the fire foxes to run in the other direction. Sends Atreus to attempt to get back the escaped turkeys.

a terrible haiku from Nephele;
In winter's meadow
strangeness blooms brightly
Too strange this time

SEEKING;
[Fire x Wind :: active] :: Summons a fiery vortex at her location.
[Restrictions] Lasts 20-60 seconds. Extending outwards 10m.
WISHLIST

no prior refusals

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

To Vesper’s enthusiastic mentioning of her spots, Vastra nodded shyly and turned her head to look at them herself. Ever since she had shifted back from being a seal, the spots had stayed - they were even on her face! Freckling her skin in shades of dark brown as though the hair had been singed in those parts. Maybe it had, when she had been swallowed up by the fire, but she didn’t remember it hurting at all. And no matter what she did, they wouldn’t wash off!

When Vesper’s companion started flapping her wings and acting strange, it drew the red dun filly’s attention too and she looked back at the scene before them to see the strange foxes darting around. They explained to the horses gathered that they needed help rustling up the turkeys, but why three foxes needed to gather so many turkeys baffled her - that was incredibly greedy of them.

Vesper charged head-first into the fray and encouraged her to follow but Vastra wasn’t quite so eager. The entire situation was incredible daunting and she wanted nothing more than to hide away from the flock of squabbling creatures and the horses that were running around trying to corral them.

But then she got an idea. If she could turn into a seal, maybe she could turn into a… a turkey! With all of the wing flapping and running around, it was pretty easy to find a feather that had fallen off and Vastra quickly darted forward to snatch it up - swallowing it. Most of her did not expect anything to happen - this was the first time she tried replicating the effects of whatever Kisamoa had given her under the water.

At first, she thought that she didn’t have the magic at all - but then she felt it again, a tingling all over her body as she burst into flames. She doubted she would ever get used to that.

When they died down, she was no longer Vastra the filly with seal spots, she was Vastra the turkey! Except, as a turkey, now she was small and she had all these big horses and companions trying to corral turkeys to get them to do what they wanted.

Maybe this wasn’t the best idea.

Still, she was part of the flock or whatever a group of turkeys is called now and she knew from last time that figuring out how to shift back into herself was a long and frustrating process. So she tried mimicking the noises the turkeys were making - successfully getting out a few gobbles - and ran on her little turkey legs in the direction that they were supposed to be running in, hoping that she could get some of the others to follow her lead.

come on, come on
put your hands into the fire

Vastra eats a turkey feather, which enables her to shift into one! She then tries 'talking turkey'/gobbling at the others to encourage them to follow her in the direction they need to go

Vastra's poem:
Turkeys are brown
Foxes are a-flame
Everything is chaos
And this is a silly game

seeking:
Fire | can produce an aura of fire around her body that burns anyone but her
no prior refusals!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

One of the corners of Aly’s mouth twitched into a grin at Iona’s words and her eyes, so similar to that of her twins, also followed the trio of flames that came into view. They were foxes! But Alysanne’s fascination with how beautiful they were promptly ended as soon as they started talking in the most outlandish manner that she had ever heard. She honestly was having the hardest time understanding what they were saying, but it was pretty easy to get what they meant.

To get the orb and the magic that it contained, they needed to help channel the flock of turkeys.

She returned Iona’s gaze and gave a graceful shrug of her wings as her eyes brightened with a wild smile. This was ridiculous, she knew, but it also sounded like a great deal of fun.

Aly laughed at her twin’s flat tone before Iona took off. Although she was getting better with the whole “flying” thing, Aly didn’t trust her skills enough to battle this turkey storm from the skies. So instead, she unfurled her wings and moved forward towards the flock - angling herself so that she was a deterrent for any that wished to go in any other direction than south, which seemed to be where the fire foxes wanted the turkeys to go. Just why south and why they had so many turkeys in their possession were questions she wished to ask but she doubted very much that anyone was going to hear her over the squabbling mass.

Gently moving her wings forward and back, she ushered the turkeys onward and kept an eye out for any that might go stray nearby.

*ALYSANNE*
the devoted

art by Chan

Aly unfurls her wings and moves foward toward the mass of turkeys, encouraging them to go where they're needed/making it a little harder for them to run around her

Alysanne is seeking:
[ Magic: Earth x Light | pale flowers grow among her feathers that can be eaten to heal minor afflictions ]
+ 1 extra roll for Edge Herd Champs
no prior refusals
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

.The foxes carried on their hootin' and hollerin' as the rafter of turkeys and herd of horses guiding them all traveled south down the Meadow. The commotion was a continued drive that sent the turkeys ever on, but there was a noticeable slowing as weariness gripped the large birds, their original fear subsiding to merely a sustained distrust. Those stragglers that panicked and shot off in different directions were all rounded up by the accompanying horses, and as they moved fewer and fewer of the toms and hens attempted such theatrical escaping, instead falling into line with their fellows.

It would seem like smooth rustlin' from here on out, except for the river that cut across the Meadow in the south.

The whole operation came to a halt as the foxes, birds, and horses arrived to the inside of the branched water. "WELL TARNATION!" Zippo cried out from the rear as he perched ontop of a turkey and surveyed the hold up. Winter had come on so quickly the river was frozen over in this spot, but the season was still young, was it safe enough to assume it was solid? "We can't risk losin' theese here gobblers!" Flint exclaimed from another side of the back, his attention drifting between the other two foxes as his flames drifted back and forth impatiently. The turkeys milled with an anxiousness that sent many shooting off in random routes.

"I was 'fraid o' this," Matches muttered from up near the lead, his flaming gaze squinting unhappily at the stream. The sound of his nervous brothers and the flock behind him had him twist around, his form bounding effortlessly onto a nearby rock to better address the group; orb still glowing hotly in his jaws.

"THIS HERE'S THA' ORGEON TRAIL!" he announced loudly, his tail whipping to and fro with a trail of fire. "IT'S MIIIIGHTY TREACHEROUS, BUT IMMA THINKIN' WE CAN MAKE IT OCROSS!"

"No way in hell Matches!" the other fox, Flint, cried out from the western flank. "We need ta find ah smaller place ta cross, tha ice will be thicker there!" Matches was right at the widest part of the river, where it branched from two, but to go find somewhere smaller to ford across would mean wasting more time and possibly losing more turkeys.

"Yous both crazy!" came Zippo's disgruntled cry. "This ice ain't thick enough, we gotta swing back 'round the water and come down dry!" Certainly the safest option, but that'd take the most time and with the most travel meant tired and lost turkeys for sure - but would that be less to lose than the possible hundreds that could fall through the ice?

Each fox had a clear method of travel and refused to accept the other's. It'd be up to you to decide who you wanted to support, keeping in mind that whoever succeeded with the most turkeys would be the owner of the orb, regardless of which fox possessed it currently.

Please clearly state which direction you chose in the bottom of your post!
CROSS the river with Matches
FIND a shorter place to cross with Flint
LOOP around the river with Zippo

Farah is disqualified for not responding in time.
Nephele is disqualified for posting the same post.

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

WELL isn’t this just fuzzy peachy keen. We’re all so busy leading the turkeys to the south that no one seems to notice the river that is blocking the road there. Isn’t that just great. Jellybean doesn’t really care whether the turkeys drown or not, she’s busy having too much fun and she squawks and nips among the crowd of them just for the hell of it while we’re all waiting to do what’s next.

The foxes are squabbling, trying to decide whether they want to cross here - which is all well and good for them, turkeys and fire-foxes are significantly lighter than horses - find somewhere where the ice is thicker, or loop around and stay dry.

I mean, I sure know which one I want to vote for and I vocalize my opinion without any hesitation. “I’ve got my winter weight packed on already, ain’t no chance I’m crossing any ice. I say we go around.” With this many horses working together with the foxes, it wasn’t like we were going to have a lot of trouble keeping the turkeys in line. Didn’t anyone’s mother teach them about teamwork?? Hell, even my mother took the time to do that before she kicked my bro and I out of the proverbial nest.

Glancing around the group we’ve got gathered, I could tell I wasn’t the only one carrying winter weight but I decided to keep that little fact to myself. Anyone see that big guy with the two dragons? I mean, he’s a giant so he could probably walk across an ocean with no problem but there’s no way the ice is holding him up.

Johnny chooses LOOP

---

Johnny is seeking:
:: [ Magic: Earth x Light | can craft addictive candies from plants ]

prior refusal: one
and please use 1 x VOTG extra roll from my prize list
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

The strong cowboy accents make the stallion cringe, and his ears pin to his skull. It seems they've got a bit of a disagreement about how to get the turkeys across an inconveniently placed stream, and the behemoth listens as the foxes bicker over what is the best course of action. Either they go across over the widest part, the thinnest part, or go around. Each has its risks, especially given their gaggling quarry.

To Volterra, however, the answer is obvious. The ice looks treacherous, and he doubts it could hold under his colossal weight, let alone the combined weight of turkeys and other horses too. "Regardless of how thick the ice is, it's still ice. I can't see it holding out under the weight of hundreds of turkeys and a couple of horses. We should go around." It's akin to suicide to cross the ice. Volterra is not a coward, but he will not walk to his frosty death for the sake of an orb that he may not even win. He can swim when asked, but he does not fancy his chances in the sub-zero temperatures of the stream should the ice crack.

Another stallion has also chosen to loop around - he's the one who smells like sugar who the Indomitable has met a few times at other such events. It appears he's not the only one with common sense, so with a mental summons to his dragons Volterra glances towards the rear of the flock, eager to begin with guiding them around the stream. He only hopes others will see sense as well, so they can get this over with and see who will be the lucky recipient of the orb.

Volterra chooses LOOP.

one | two

Seeking an upgrade to his existing magic:

[Magic: Earth x Fire | Can create and animate golems made of stone with fire inside them.]

Upgrade: Golems can breathe fire that causes minor burns, and when they crumble they release a small wave of fire.

refusal

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA
LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME

Najya knew the approaching river quite well. When the Thistle Meadow had been her home, of sorts, she had never strayed too far from its banks.  She knew the waters looked calm, but could still be treacherous.  And she knew well that the water never ceased its movement, even in the coldest of winters.

Each of the foxes seemed to have their own idea for how to handle the approaching obstacle, and Najya slowed as she watched the three firey creatures present their own logic for each of their options.  Her curled ears pricked as they each stubbornly held their ground - no fox willing to bend to the logic of the others.  Concern erupted in her belly.  From above, A’mal circled once before spiraling down to land softly on her bondmate’s hindquarters, clicking and chirping in response to the uneasiness she felt.

Najya possessed no wings and had reservations about crossing a freezing river in the midst of frostfall.  If the ice crumbled under not only her own weight, but the weight of so many hundreds of turkeys, they’d all be swept away by the swiftly moving water beneath the ice.  While Najya was a capable swimmer, she was certainly not eager to fight her way through freezing waters while also have to contend with both ice and panicked birds. It just seemed too dangerous. No magic was worth so many lives.

Already a unicorn had spoken out about going around, as did the equine with two dragons she recognized from home.  Soon Najya’s voice joined theirs in favor of moving around.  “The currents beneath the river never cease. The ice may look thick, but there’s no way of knowing if it would hold all of us. Going around would be safest…” she said, calmly, while unconsciously moving to stand nearer to the fire fox called Zippo.

NAJYA
image credit

Najya is seeking: 
Active - Light - Able to create a shield made entirely of light that shines brightly like a beacon.
Restriction: Lasts 30 seconds in battle.
Two prior refusals 1 2
Wishlist

Summary: Najya chooses LOOP around the river with Zippo.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base