the Rift

[OPEN] i miss you when i can't sleep [birth]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
I had known for some time that the day would come when I would finally give birth to my first child and I thought that I was prepared for it, but I wasn't. When the pain started, pain so deep in my gut that I could only attribute it to childbirth, I panicked. I was scared, I didn't know what to do or who to go to, I wished that Rhoa was still here with me because I was sure that he would have kept my panic at bay and coached me through this. I knew that Dragomir was around, but I didn't expect him to be there with me while I birthed a foal that wasn't his. It would be selfish of me to expect that from him, but part of my panic came from being alone.

I had never witnessed anyone birthing a foal before, nor had I heard any stories about what to expect. Giving birth was something that mares had done for hundreds, if not thousands, of years so the only thing I could do was just hope that my body knew what it needed to do and would do it without being coached. Still, I tried to regain some semblence of control so I could hold off on having this child long enough to find someone, but any control that I thought I had was a lie.

I ended up on the ground, a giant, fat, black and gold blob, grunting and straining against the force of my contractions. When I finally gave up and let my body take control, when I finally started to work with it instead of against it, things began to move much more quickly and smoothly.

-gross birth stuff-

It was several minutes after the child had finally slid free from my body that I lifted my head, my neck straining as I looked at the ground behind me.  She was perfect. Absolutely perfect. Tears stung my eyes because I wished, again, that Rhoa was there, that he could meet his daughter.

I forced myself to stand and I turned to my daughter, my muzzle bumping along her tiny body. Letha"." I murmured softly and I began to clean her.

"."

ooc:// anyone is welcome to post if they feel inclined to :D

@Letha @Dragomir @Kvasir

aud pixel!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

He had not left the GoldenShade alone since returning to Helovia, and moving into the realm of the Earth.

Even when Ranjiri might have thought herself alone, Dragomir was not far, his thoughts preoccupied with the general worries any father figure went through when birth drew near. That the season was so late only added to his trepidations, the thoughtful, often anxious stallion having been driven to listless pacing, and half-hearted grazing.

The nearer the time drew, the more worried he became, until, when the day at last arrived, and Ranjiri moved off to her foaling clearing, the stallion found he hadn’t the nerve to follow, leaving him fretfully circling about, a very short distance from where his dearest’s first child was coming into the world. Having dug a muddy, circular rut in the earth with his aimlessness, the stallion occasionally could be heard muttering, his thoughts too pervasive to remain entirely internalized.

"Get yourself together," is the last of these muted, garbled statements heard from under his breath, the worn, snow circle suddenly broken, as he redirects himself towards the clearing in which Ranjiri waited, goading himself along with mental jabs about how she might need his help.

He finds himself rather unprepared for the sight which greets him.

“Letha,” his darling tells a sticky bundle of legs and pelt, and Dragomir directs his attention to it after ensuring that Ranjiri is well, albeit weary. Laying in a pool of fluids and goo, the girl child is almost entirely black, but for the faint marks of gold which glitter along her body. Approaching slowly, nostrils wide and flickering with anxious breath, the stallion finds his heart feeling with equal parts delightful wonder, and disgust. The girl at Ranjiri’s hooves is pretty and precious in all the ways the fluids on her smell foul to Dragomir’s tender nose, and without the surge of fatherly instinct to carry him onward through this as would be natural, the crafter is left with only his own will power. Still, he does manage to fight the sudden swimming in his brain to approach the two, as cautiously as such a colossal creature might, eager to meet Ranjiri’s daughter.

"How dainty, little Letha," he muses, having never seen a newborn so close, her tender skin still wrinkled from the damp, warm den from which she’d just fallen. Gently touching Ranjiri’s cheek with his lips as he looks away from the babe, he tastes the salt of her sweat.

"Are you well?" he questions, almost fretfully, not knowing the slightest about how to tell whether a birth had been dangerous or not, and even more worried by the lateness of the season. That it was also Ranjiri’s first child made his heart palpitate, the reality that first children can often be the last one of the few he really knows about childbirth. While he was willing to help Ranjiri with Letha, he certainly did not care for taking care of her alone, for more reasons than one. "Should I go get someone?"

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

ISOPIA
And we came forth to contemplate the stars
[Only posting because MY INNER RHOA IS CRYING. Feel free to skip Iso. <3 ]

Thanks to Ophelia, Isopia does not remember what giving birth was like. Although her labour was nothing like Ranjiri's surely - her baby was stillborn and quite small, nothing compared to the jubilant life that the mare had just brought into the world - Isopia still felt as though she should feel something in response. She was a mare too, wasn't she? Was there not a speck of maternal instinct inside of herself that would react to seeing another mare give birth? Introspecting, Isopia found that no, there wasn't.

Like the Mountain she was, Isopia stood sentinel a few meters away, silently contemplating why it was that she didn't possess te ability to heal others. Her body could knit itself back together faster than those around her, and yet despite being the daughter of the Earth God, she couldn't pass on those abilities to others.

Strange.

As Dragomir arrived (the father? she silently assumed), Isopia reiterated his sentiments.  "Or I can. You should stay with your child's mother." What else was she supposed to think, to see a stallion come so shortly after the child's birth? Surely it was the father? And so, if anyone was going to go and get anyone, it should be Isopia. Though the mountain mare had to particular sentiments regarding this situation, she did know that birth was a sentimental process. Both mother and father should be there for it.

Hubris say on Isopia's back, peering around her pauldron which now sported leaves of pure white. His toothy grin rimmed his bronzey face as he looked on the happy couple with a warm smile.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
I had gone with Ranjiri, to the falls. I wasn't sure yet if I wanted to settle here, But I was beginning to think, maybe, just maybe this is where I needed to be. I liked it here. It was cold, but beautiful, and far more secluded than the Edge. I had spent the last few weeks here exploring, and curling up close to Ranjiri when I could. If I spotted the Czarina, I would follow her about like a lost puppy. I suppose I should have made some more friends, but I just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

It was during these adventures that I discovered something beautiful, and something I would never forget. Not for the rest of my life. My hooves landed softly on the ground, and my wings curled quickly against my body. I stared in awe, and surprisingly I felt no disgust, despite the fact that the child was being cleaned of the after birth. No. I looked upon my sister in complete awe. She was gorgeous. A multitude of emotions hit me. I wasn't sure weather to jump in joy, or cry, because my father would never know how beautiful his daughter was. Slowly I inched closer to her, my eyes flickering up to look at Ranjiri, before back down again. "Letha... I will always protect you." My words where soft, but a clump felt like it was clogging my throat. Emotion had taken over my young mind, and I was so happy, and so sad, and so enthralled. It was almost to much to bear. I looked about me, only really noticing the painted stallion, and The Mountain who knows. I nodded to the stallion, and bowed for the Czar, but I was quick to return my attention back to my sibling. "Ranjiri... She's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." And it was the truth. The most honest truth I had ever spoken.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes: Kvasir is completely in love with his lil sister <3 Q-Q
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Letha Posts: 8
Absent Abyss
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh ::
Makai :: Black Panther :: None Time

Letha

Where I will find peace other than in oblivion?

While others may contemplate the comfort of the womb, or their desire to stay there forever, safely lodged beneath their mother's heart, Letha had no such desire. She squirmed within her watery cage, writhing and screaming to be released. She had no ideas of the world she would be birthed, no knowledge of the dangers that lay out there, but within her tiny head she knew she wanted to be there. Now was the time.

Her mother fought against her for some time, but Letha was as stubborn as her grandmother (though she did not yet know that, either) and she did not give up. No matter how much her mother tried to keep her in, tried to keep her from becoming part of the world, Letha would find her way. Finally, all of her effort was rewarded and she slid free from her captivity and into the cold, blinding world for which she so longed.

She did not move for several minutes, but she merely lay there, breathing under her mother's cleaning. Her tiny chest rose and fell and her delicate nostrils flared. There was too much to process, all her brain could focus on was one thing: breathe. Finally, after what seemed an eternity of attempting to get herself centered, the filly raised her head. Ocean eyes opened, blinking slowly but deliberately to keep herself from being blinded. Everything was blurry, except for when she turned her head toward her mother. The black and gold mare was in perfect focus. Letha breathed out, reaching toward Ranjiri's muzzle with her own.

She wanted to thank her mother for releasing her, but did not know how. She blinked again. Muffled sounds came from all around her, suddenly, and the filly was startled. Her body flinched as she turned her fragile and awkward body to see those crowded around. Their words meant nothing, they were only muffled, tiny noises. Her ears twitched before pinning down against her nape. Her forehead exposed two hard spots where horns would soon begin to grow a her ears moved out of the way.

The filly snorted, looking back to her mother.

image credits

@Ranjiri