the Rift

[OPEN] bring yourself down

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
Over and in, last call for sin
Guilt ate her alive. It burned every corner of her vision, etched and scratched its way across each bone inside her. She wanted to cry, but constantly refused to until she made it home safe and sound to her tree. Ever since that night, she tried to avoid him – to avoid seeing the look in his eye after what they had done. She was afraid to see the regret that she knew would line the creases in his eyes as he looked upon her. Would he even speak to her again? She never meant for any of those things to happen – but she had let her guard down. Instinct took over. And Tilney was there for the brunt of it all.

It was late when she slipped away, hoping that Tilney wasn’t going to be near the greenhouse. Hoping that Maude wouldn’t be near the greenhouse. Hoping that anyone she knew wasn’t going to find pleasure in a midnight stroll to the building that had yet to be finished. The quicker she could do this job, the easier it would be for her. She could simply finish it and slink away back to the place she had hid herself away in. Waiting for yet another day to do the same thing. It was cold, snow covered the ground and piled upon her back, hiding some of her scars as if she were back to being the pristine ivory diplomat she had once been. But nothing was pure enough to take the stain out, no matter how much she wished the chill of the snow would do.

When she finally came upon the greenhouse, she focused her attention on the wall that had yet to be finished. Her glassy gaze surveying the world around her in silence as the snow fell in the darkness. Only the moon peaked from above, finding a way to break through the dark clouds that wept silent floating tears into the darkness. With a puff of breath, the fog escaped her lips as she neared the wall. Focusing her energy and sadness into her summon, she pulled mist from the snow and the earth around her, forming it into liquid. The glass moved and swayed as she motioned with her head, allowing the glass to begin on the earth, a swift line forming the last wall from each already existing one. And the more she focused on it, the further it went up the wall. Line after line, until finally it was completed. The only thing missing was the roof. Yet, that would be left for another day. She continued to keep her magic alive, the liquid swaying as she inspected the glass the best she could in the darkness she had wound up in. Finally, she sealed the edges and let the mist return to her environment before closing her eyes and standing still as a pillar, snow collecting across her back as if she was a statue in the moonlight.

"Talk."
while everyone’s lost—
the battle is won.
         with all these things I've done.
Glasgow
image | coding

Glasgow used 1 large item from Frostfall to complete the last wall of the greenhouse! All that's left is the roof.

Open for anyone if they wanna come see her. She's a bit of a mess. xD

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She can’t say she makes a habit of being awake at midnight. Normally, she is not. But sometimes, even still, the dreams are vivid and the wounds tear open again. In those evenings she stops trying to sleep because there is no point. Closing her eyes is quiet torture, because the images flash back. Images of things she never saw, but in that way, it might be worse. Her brain conjures new and more gruesome images of her family’s death. Every time, though the basics are the same, they die in a slightly different way. Her brother’s throat is always slit, but did they come from behind? Did they attack in his sleep? Defenseless and unarmed as he would have been in either of those scenarios, she suspects one must be likely. He was powerful, and they would have stood little chance if they fought honorably.

Sometimes the nightmares are less nightmare, more dream. Still gruesome, still horrific, but in some variations her brother wins. His attackers scream and flail as the fires char their flesh, and she watches them burn with both horror and a grim satisfaction. When she wakes, she cannot sleep then either. Yes, she prefers these dreams. Prefers the world her mind creates in which her brother still lives. But she cannot reconcile her own feelings after this either. Cannot entirely live with herself for the pleasure she finds in watching her brother’s murderers die. Cannot get their screams, though imagined, out of her head.

It is one of these sorts of nights that finds her wandering through the dark, the world cold but somehow pleasant. Snow falls gently from the sky, turning her coat a different color, making her anything but the forgotten Princess of Morham. It feels fitting, right now. Her mind wanders in a direct so very different from her feet. Her feet move of their own accord, taking her to the places they know well. The garden would be their first choice, likely, but everything is buried in snow. So instead, she finds herself at the greenhouse, that still unfinished building that eventually, will be a refuge in weather such as this.

She is not alone tonight though, and the realization that someone else is there startles her mind back to the present. The form is familiar, but she looks like she’s working, so Lyanna remains quiet and out of the way, watching as their Glazier builds a wall from mist. It is an impressive thing to watch, the glass forming from nothing, sealing itself to the other walls by Glasgow’s intent and the Moon Goddesses patronage only. When the work is done, Glasgow remains, almost a statue beneath the snow that falls along her already pale form.

Lyanna finally nickers, coming out of the darkness and closing the distance she had left between them so as not to disturb her friends work. “Glasgow,” she says, her voice quiet but friendly. There’s a mix of reverence (for the night, for it seems too peaceful to disturb) and excitement (she has not seen her friend in some time) in the one word. “That’s rather impressive,” she says, nodding to the wall. “I’ve never seen our crafters at work quite like that.”

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Glasgow. I couldn't resist!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

Night was a frequent time for Mesec to wander about the Edge - he adored how peaceful it was in the night, and in Frostfall the nights were near-silent but for the soft crunching of snow. With his mother as the patron god here, he did not doubt that night in the Edge was when it was meant to be experienced. Under her soft light, the silver of his coat glowed softly - not unlike the strange glowing trees that he could see through the firs and spruces, providing light in the darkness.

Lucius was off hunting so for now, Mesec was on his own. Tonight he had thought to wander toward the border, add another pair of eyes to any patrol that might be occurring there, just for the sake of having something to do while he figured out where his place in this herd could be. He didn’t have any strong inclinations or talents that might help sway his decision and he considered approaching the King and Queen to see where his body might be best for boosting numbers in the ranks.

Not tonight, though - that was a conversation best left for the daylight.

On his way, Mesec was passing the gardens and the partially-finished greenhouse when he noticed movement near the latter. It would seem that not all was quiet and asleep in the peaceful Edge tonight. His curiosity encouraged him to change directions. Once, he had attempted to be a crafter in the Throat - helping the Forgers create things from metal, helping Maren build her church.

He let the recognition of one of the mares - Glasgow, who had helped him by making charms that he gave to his son and daughter for their birthday - distract him from thoughts of his previous home and the friends he had left behind there. Wishing to thank her once more, wishing for anything else to focus on, he moved towards the pair in time to hear the pegasus’ words. As he came to stand nearby, joining the small group, he greeted the pair with a small nod of his head as his silver eyes took in the finished walls of the greenhouse. “She is right, it is impressive.”

His focus then shifted to the mare he did not recognize. “My name’s Mesec - I hope you’ll both pardon my intrusion but,” And here his smiling eyes focused on Glasglow. “I just wanted to thank you again for helping me with those charms the other day.”

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

<33 hope you don't mind!
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
Over and in, last call for sin
It felt like an eternity as the snow fell and piled up upon her scarred hide. Her head remained lowered, her broken horn glinting in the light that the moon pressed through the clouds as they passed it. Oh how the Glazier wished to be anywhere but here – the place that Tilney cared for and loved nearly as much as his child and Arah. She wished she didn’t have to touch something of his again for fear of destroying its beautiful presence – forever scarred by the mark of a broken woman.

Yet, when Lyanna nickered to her, she almost flinched. At first, worried that perhaps it was Tilney that had followed her, but instead as her head lifted and the snow fell in a cascading waterfall from her mane, she spotted the familiar form of her friend. The only one she thought of anymore when it came to a good conversation and light hearted jokes. Even so, the closeness seemed paused on Glasgow’s side as Lyanna spoke her name in a gentle friendly tone. Moving ever closer, Glasgow’s scarred gaze landed on the glass wall as Lyanna commented on it, adding in a little confidence to the broken mare. And just when she was about to say something in return aside from a nod of hello, another joined the group.

This time, she wasn’t worried of it being Tilney. At least having Lyanna there would be enough of a distraction to keep her eyes from wandering to the scrutinizing greens of the other Moon Doctor. Her head swiveled again to see the next person that had come along at midnight – the star Pegasus Mesec that Glasgow had created glassy trinkets for. As they spoke of it being impressive, Glasgow began to find it easier to smile to them, the feeling foreign once again as the pressure lined her scarred lips. Then, she patiently waited for Mesec to introduce himself to Lyanna before his happy gaze landed upon her own glassy orbs. “You’re welcome, Mesec. I hope your children liked them.” She began, her words half awkward as they fell from her lips. “Thank you for the kind words, as well. Each crafter has a different way of creating the glass, I suppose this way was mine.” She noted, her gaze returning to the glass wall as she stepped forward and pressed the soft part of her muzzle against the chilled glass. “The only thing left on the greenhouse is the roof now, so hopefully I can finish it by next season.” She informed them, turning her head back to the two of them with a soft smile creasing her lips – her forlorn feelings being pressed to the back of her mind for the time being. “I hope I didn’t wake either of you.” Glasgow finally commented, her eyes creasing with slight worry.

"Talk."
while everyone’s lost—
the battle is won.
         with all these things I've done.
Glasgow
image | coding

AH YES LYANNA AND MESEC <3333 I don't mind at all :D
@Lyanna @Mesec

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
Her friend is quiet for a moment, and instantly Lyanna begins to worry. Not in an overwhelming sort of way, but a quick switch to the keen eye of a doctor, looking for any signs of injury or distress. Except there are none outwardly, just a moment of quiet that could be attributed to the peaceful evening or lack of sleep. She finds she does it automatically though, a reaction that no longer requires much thought. The longer she serves the Edge as a healer, the more she simply looks for signs of anyone being unwell without even realizing she’s doing it.

And before she can really think about anything, another is joining them. The black stallion she’s seen around, who looks like the night sky and looks so much like their Lady Moon. Not that she knows he’s her son, but she does wonder if they are related somehow. Though in Helovia, it also seems entirely possible that he simply looks like the night sky. There are so many with strange patterns and colors here, she wouldn’t really be surprised.

He turns his gaze to her, finally giving her a name to put with a face she’s noticed quite a few times. “Lyanna,” she offers with a smile and a nod, adding “No intrusion at all.” He continues, mentioning something about charms that Glasgow had helped him with, and she falls silent, letting the two continue their conversation until it turns back to the greenhouse.

“If I can help at all, let me know. Not that I have a clue what I can do, but if you are giving me a place I can hide from the snow, the least I can do it help out.” She says it with a slight chuckle, a playful gleam in her eyes. This Frostfall was not so bad though. She didn’t mind the snow, honestly. It was those bitter winds, when they decided to blow, that chilled her through to the bone.

Worry creases her friend’s eyes at the next comment, and Lyanna shakes her head, her smile still warm but also reassuring. “No, I just found myself awake and figured a walk would be nice tonight.” Because despite the chill, it was a beautiful night.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Glasgow @Mesec

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki