the Rift

[OPEN] The (pi)tea party [God of the Sun]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

At the time she had confidently said to have faith in the herd, to trust in their own decision-making: If they could not, they would only prove their inability to stand on their own hooves as a herd, prove a disability to be the idealistic bodies in their Helovian society they so strive to be. Turned out that they did not have much skill with that. As if Gaucho’s long reign had put all the democratic expertise and knowledge to sleep in comfortable beds of down and fluff, expecting to never have to wake up again, now that Gaucho was dead they were finding out that all this time they had been sleeping in the eye of the storm. She had told Hector to have faith in her, to let her decide, because she had said no to the calling of their Lord; He who knew all, the only One whose crown was absolute, undeniable and true.

She had to remind herself why she had said that, of which her memory could not really respond to anyway since she now assumed that it had been her arrogance speaking. She had not liked Hector after all, of all the things in the world of course the thing she had wanted to do the most is denying something to him, tell him he was wrong. Trust in me because I am right. (Oh, see how mortal I am in my lack perception).

It made sense. And, being confused along with the rest of the herd, she felt the urge to slam her head against something hard for being a hypocrit.  

So now she had found herself in front of the dancing flames, watched them fold and unfold and curl and swing and… dance, like they always did, like she loved watching them do. She found herself sighing, and swallowing her frustration that it had really come to this. She had not even told anyone she would, was just going to call upon the Sun alone, though she was glad she wasn't completely. She looked over to the side to find her faithful companion. "Mr. Teatime, I'm glad you are here with me," her voice slightly pitiful, as that was how she felt; lost, maybe with a hint of hopelessness. But there was no need to hide anything for Mr.Teatime.  No great facades or false pretenses, she could just be. "—No, I don't need tea," she huffed at him impatiently, as she had watched him bring over their teacup. How can you misunderstand something like that—  "Just... Wait a moment. I'm a bit busy. Let's after this, okay?"

She scraped her throat, tasted sand on her tongue, as if her mouth wasn’t dry enough already. Perhaps she should have drank something. “God of the Sun, I am pained to have to inform you..." Uhm. "Our lack of leadership has come with chaos and lack of understanding. I am afraid that, if this goes on any longer, we are putting the trust and stability we have build under Gaucho's reign at stake, that we might truly lose it.” The sadness she felt for her own desperation, the regret she did not want to feel, echoed in the frown crowning her shimmery eyes. “Despite the hardships she has called upon and carries with her, Like you have shown, I have faith in Sikeax. I believe she can overcome the pressure she is wielding under, to become a great Sultana, but not as a second Gaucho. We need her, but we need her as who she is. There are others who have said they like to assist in her governing, but opinions tend to... Well... stray — by which I mean they are either with her or against her. Is that right? Should I have faith in the movement of the others? Or is it time for us to move away from a path of peace? Will chaos and destruction actually lead us somewhere — Are we in need of Your Guidance, once more? ” And, regretfully, she ended it with the most pitiful, idiotic, senseless words she could have come up with. What should I do?”

Image Credits

@Mythical Request
@ anyone else who would have business joining in in splashing her puddle of desperation
Please tag me 

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

mathèo

Thèo knew that it was the Diviner's job to speak with the God of the Sun. Given all that had happened within the herd - all that was still happening, he thought that perhaps the tiger-marked mare would call to their deity for guidance.

Turns out, he had been right.

To say that Thèo had been following Maren like some sort of puppy would not have been entirely incorrect. The Diviner was not only beautiful, but her accent sounded so pleasing to his ears, and the sun-drenched boy would often fill his days by following in her shadow, trying to see the world as she did. Sometimes he would approach her - as he did when she was working on the church - but often he would leave her to her daily rituals, not wanting to be a bother. But not wanting to miss anything either.

Given that the God of the Sun was his Grandfather, the ashen boy thought that it might be appropriate for him to approach, though he wasn't entirely sure. His mother rarely spoke of her Father, though given the relationship his own father had had with the God, Thèo didn't think he had anything to worry about. Still, he did his best to be respectful.

"I hope you don't mind me attending, Diviner." He said, teal eyes full of youthful wonder and restrained excitement. Unlike other boys his age, Thèo was well groomed, and spoke with a voice which was much more reserved. Of course he had his boyish moments, but in situations like these, he seemed to hold himself with a wisdom far beyond his years.

Image Credits

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

Sometimes you needed a boost of confidence from that which soared higher than anyone could hope to teach, and Nephele, for all her confidence and ferocity — needed sometimes to feel solid rock beneath her hooves before she spread her wings and out into whatever fires awaited her. So when she spied Maren curled near the fires of the Sun God, and the illuminated colt, she assumed that the diviner was reaching out for the God himself for guidance, her wings dipped and curled in to send her lightly spiralling downward until they flared open to catch her for a smooth landing. Atreus instead chose to circle around the area once before he landed on her haunches.

The warrior caught the tail end of Maren's open invitation to their patron, eyes settled instead on the fires and the way the flames danced and curled. There was much magic and wonder in the other elements that governed Helovia, each had it's merits but she had never felt more intune with any of them as she had in fire. It had the power to burn away all in it's path, but in the same breath it was the warmth which staved off the cold, it was what coated her heart whenever she looked upon the faces of her family, and of her children.

"I hope you do not mind me joining as well." She stated after a moment, her blue and gold eyes flickered to rest on the tiger striped mare with her words.

"Speech."

Art by lunameyza@ DA

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

Having been a travelling soul, one would think she was quite perceptive when it came to being followed, just in case anyone planned to assassinate her, perhaps rape her. But as she had traveled, through all the paths she had taken, all the mountains she had crossed, she had let her faith be her guide; with her wings outstretched to the sky, she would believe to be protected as long as she was strong, vigil and most importantly; as long as she kept looking for her Holy Purpose, for utter enlightenment. And she had been strong, she had been cunning, protective to herself and any other mare she found in danger.

Now, years later, in the midst of the dusty desert of her home, she wasn't looking out for herself. Not really — Maybe even not at all. The diviner took anything that gave her safety for granted. She was a spoiled child, perhaps, but she liked it like this; fanning herself with her tired wings, no longer outstretched, just purposelessly waving against warm winds. She was just another lazy mare in a hot climate, perfectly ordinary and perfectly fine. A dancer in the dark, prey to the unknown. Which in this case was... Prey to the stalking eyes of a young colt.

Mr. Teatime was the one that was more interested in Maren's surroundings. He had seen that face reflecting in the oasis as Maren bathed in its waters, noticed his gaze from between the cracks of rocks she had just turned her long tail to, saw him from the shadows of the walls as she napped in front of the temple entrance, or when she prayed inside the Offering Chamber to the God of the Sun Mr.Teatime noticed him watching them from the Hall. He had tried to make his bonded see what he saw, yet she did not seem to want to hear it. Instead of ignorant Mr. Teatime had decided that he called that part of her carefree, though in reality it really was the first. So, since she didn't, he sometimes came purring to the young boy and sat beside him while he did what he did when the equine was somewhere close to Maren, liked to play with his long and pretty leonine tail.

The diviner turned around when hoof beats found her ears. "Mathèo." His name felt grown-up on her lips. She hadn't realized that the voices of young one's could sound as mature as his. Perhaps it was the light that surrounded him, the way he held his posture. "No, please do," she did not particularly care, though she hoped he hadn't heard much of how she had vocalized her chaotic state of mind. She preferred to be seen as capable, rather than pitiful.

“Nephele?” As the Pegasus had spiraled down too, she couldn’t help but feel like something about her had changed. Was it her appearance? Was it the way she walked? Had she changed something about her hair? There was simply something odd, yet still familiar about her. You have really lost your edge, Maren. It was Mr. Teatime who sighed inside her mind. Maren just frowned and replied with a 'Silence! I am simply too preoccupied to care about minor things like that' and a 'Don't you dare judge me', because she felt as if the chaos of the herd was pressing down on her figure like a hot iron, and because she felt in all honesty that her bonded one was the only creature capable of handling her disarray, anyway.

(Am I really losing it?)

It was the first time that the so called 'Guardians of the Throat' had proved interest in their religion. After Hector, now even Nephele — She could only hope that this was a good sign, a sign of a prosperity, a sign of a perhaps more stable future. Though she did not per se like them, they needed their warriors to understand their position, as well as the importance of their Faith within it. So she said “It’s fine,” to the mare and closed her eyes as if to pray to the Sun more, though in reality she could not find the motivation to say any more words than she had already preached. —Or it will all just turn to waste.

Sorry for the useless length >>
Let me know if you are don't approve of Mr.Teatime's perceptiveness ;P  @Odd
Image Credits
Please tag me 

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A warm beam of light glowed softly around Maren. It increased and amplified in strength and duration, shining so brightly that the diviner became almost impossible to look at, for she was shining so brightly. Harmless golden flames outlined her delicate form, licking up and down her body and causing the air around her to waver and shine.

"Now is not the time to turn to me, Maren. I cannot always mend the cracks formed within the herd. It is inward that you must now turn - that you must all now turn. Fate is in your hands, and though I will never leave you, this path is yours to walk alone. The Dragon's Throat must prevail together." The God's voice filled Maren's ears and her mind, a soft and warm flicker of love from the deity she sought. But the God would not appear to her now. It was up to the Dragon's Throat to pick their own way, to repair their brokenness and to find unity once again. He could not rebuild them every time they faltered or wavered. Instead, the strength they needed had already been given to them; and the fire to mend and forge them back to their former glory burned brightly from the diviner's fire.

They had everything they needed to heal.