Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

And now, I finally know what it feels like
To risk everything and still survive
When you’re standing on the battlefield
And all the pain is real

The trek from the Threshold to the snowy land of Frostbreath had proven to be a relatively long one, but it had been nothing that the stallion couldn't handle. With years of travels under his girth, he had embraced every step of it at Elizabeth's side. Xanthos had initiated in small talk as they went along, but had taken care not to get on the mare's nerves. He'd been somewhat surprised by her nature, as he'd expected her to be snappy and otherwise uncaring for him. However, she had offered to bring him here, to give him guidance in this new land. While he had been unsure of her esoteric words, he had accepted. What Xanthos had gotten himself into, he was uncertain, but sure to find out soon enough.

It had been cold back in the Threshold, but as soon as they neared the steppe, the bitter cold sent a shiver down the grullo's spine. This was a kind of cold he'd never known before, and for a moment, he wondered how anything, or anyone, could survive in such a harsh environment. As he moved further into the land, he simply drank in the eerie beauty of the land. The snow stretched innocently for miles and miles, and for a moment, he felt as if he were a young colt again. The urge to take off and kick up the snow was strong, to relive his youthful splendor, but it was quick to vanish when he remembered that he was not alone, and that, after all... It might not make for a good first impression to anyone else.

A warm exhale escaped him then, and turned his head, yellow eyes examined the land more thoroughly. Elizabeth had said only unicorns inhabited the land here, and yet, he saw none. That did not mean, however, that there weren't any with eyes already upon them...

That’s when you realize
That you must’ve done something right
Cause you’ve never felt so alive

Unicorn | Seven | Grullo | Stallion

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

The journey was rather enjoyable, as the grullo stallion had not pushed his luck with the Fallen queen. As they stepped foot further into the Steppe she noticed the cold had begun to affect him, a gentle tone only was put forth to assure him "The cold is not cold for long, you'll adapt."

The pair still walked on alone, now Elizabeth decided to explain, "What I am about to say will be a long and probably bland speech, but it is information you will need to know." Flicking her long forelock to the side she made the right eye visible to he. Taking a deep breath and beginning with a stern voice, "We do not own this land, rather inhabit it for the time being, our home is the Edge that was taken over by a large band of outcasts called the Qians. They believe all species are equal but they are wrong." a pause now, "You see, Xanthos, we are supreme. Unicorns. If you agree with our, I quote, 'racism' you may join in with myself but you must seek the presence of Psyche for further information on our supremacy. If you wish to just live among your own kind you can just join in on Mauja's herd."

Taking a firm look to the snow around them and then placing her attention back to him, "Now, if what you told me in the gateway is true, you are now my brother. I will be there for my own kind and you will rise along side us. If you choose to be among the 'equals', you're disowned and you will fall with them just as well." her words now harsh and cruel. True but tainted. Now she waited for the arrival of some. After waiting for a reply, the Friesian mare again spoke to Xanthos, "We will be accompanied by others soon." her eyes grazing the horizon. Looking for any signs of the them.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

It was difficult to blend into the terrain, but it was hardly necessary for the shadow-mare.

Her black pelt gleamed in what little light pervaded the land. Clouds may block the sun's rays, but what was allowed to shine through bounced back and forth between snow and sky, creating an almost ethereal glow to the land. It was this glow that reflected from the dark fae's coat as she cantered gracefully over a rise in the hill. She was in high spirits today, her wounds from the Invasion healing well. Her recent dip in the ocean had worked wonders for the lacerations on her side and haunch, as well as the missing chunk from the base of her nape. They had almost completely healed, leaving scars covered by the thickening pelt of the Frostfall season. Even her shoulder, which she had feared was badly injured, had faded from a throbbing pain to slight discomfort.

She hadn't seen another soul outside the ex-Edge herd for some days now, which accounted for her lack of worry about being spotted. She clashed horribly with the serene, light setting that had become their temporary home, but perhaps this was simply a reflection of her rather jarring personality. Hoofprints trailed after her, left in the pearly snow in her wake, showing where she had come from. Where she was going was yet to be determined. For this moment on this day, the jackal was simply running for the sake of running, and she was determined to enjoy it. On the horizon, a speck appeared; as she neared, the one shape morphed into two. Curious, Psyche continued toward the pair. They did not approach from the herd, which lay in the direction from which she had come; therefore, at least one of them would be a newcomer, and perhaps one that she could use.

Amber orbs recognized the dark pelt and scarred bodice of Elizabeth, a new recruit to the Plague. A small sneer crossed her maw; their encounter at the Endless Blue had been interesting, to say the least. She had, however, emerged with a sort of truce with the mare, and for now, that would be enough. But if she tried to usurp the position of Crux? She would regret it. She pasted that sickly sweet smile on her face, eyes far too cunning for kindness, slowing to a trot before stopping in front of the pair. A nod as a greeting to Elizabeth was given. With her, she had brought a unicorn stallion.

He was light colored, with dark on each of his legs as though they had been dipped in the night sky. A black banner hung from his nape, and his tail was that of a traditional unicorn. She flicked her own tail, orange eyes meeting his gold. Simpering smile graced him as poisonous vocals were heard. "Elizabeth, darling, I see you've brought a new friend home." She looked him over again. He seemed to be of a fine sort. Taller than the shadow-mare, but not tremendously so. Not a draft build, but not a weakling, either. He would do. "My name is Psyche," she introduced herself. "Welcome to the Frostbreath Steppe."

[W/C | 531]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

It didn't make sense to him. If these so-called Qians believed all species were equal, why had they run the unicorns out of their homeland? If they truly were the benevolent group they wanted to be known as, perhaps they should have tried a more diplomatic approach. Then again, Xanthos had not been present when this had all happened, nor was he even aware how long ago it had happened. "They sound like the walking definition of a hypocrite," he commented, his tone more serious than it had been back at the Threshold, "I do not like the sound of them."

'Racism' was an interesting word to hear Elizabeth describe herself, and from the sound of it, most of the other unicorns that inhabited the Steppe. The grullo was definitely not that way, but with venomous words dripping from the mare's tongue, he knew that she wassn't fooling around. That was when Xanthos knew he was wedged between a rock and a hard place, as if the rock weren't already hard enough as it was. The stallion wasn't down for living out his years in a herd as he'd done before, and yet, he would be a fool to tell Elizabeth how he really felt. A soft exhale was the only giveaway to his troubled thoughts.

Just as he was about to question Elizabeth's promise of others, he spotted a dark figure approaching from far away, but it didn't take long at all for it to come into view. It was another mare, dark as the night sky, save for the stripe running down her face and her feet, while covered in snow, were nearly overlooked. Elizabeth had not spoken in great detail of the two aforementioned unicorns, but he wondered, could this be one of them? His answer came as soon as he wondered it, it seemed, and dipping his head ever so slightly to the mare, he spoke. "I am Xanthos," he replied, meeting Psyche's gaze with his own. The stallion might have commented on the eerie beauty of Frostbreath, but if this was not their true homeland, he was certain such comments would be less than welcome.

"Elizabeth tells me of the Qians and what they did to our kind," he said instead, guaging the mare's reaction carefully before he continued on. "If you will have me, Psyche, I will join you and the others to gain back the Edge."

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

The smell of something familiar halted her in her steps. Psyche. Their encounter, something Elizabeth had fun with and one she would never forget. The two's personality collided, in a way both good and bad. A slow seep of air falling from her nares. "Hypocrites yes. By your sigh though, I hope you choose which side your on wisely." snake tones hissing from her lips.

With the visibility of Psyche's black form now she waited instead of moving again. The herd couldn't be far from her so they were in good condition now to stay off alert. Flicking her silver tail against her hocks, black tips tickled around the inside of her flanks. Wind picked up as Psyche continued along before beginning to speak. As her words were true, Elizabeth did bring someone home, the silver dun mare spoke "Ah, so you are intelligent, dear." moving from Xanthos' side to Psyche's, Elizabeth whispered very quietly so that of the ears Xanthos could not here, "This one will have to be watched."

The hint clear enough. Elizabeth was unsure of his true intentions and was sure that he did not know himself what he wanted. She could read the building of walls around him clearly. Each door spoke of uncertainty. Turning around she now saddled beside Psyche's form. The feathers in the other mare's how now caught the attention of Elizabeth. She hadn't noticed them before but surely they were there before. "I believe though he will make a fine addition to the warriors." her vocals set in direction to the black mare. Hoping to land a bite. Elizabeth was unsure of Psyche's way to converse with others. So she continued to stand and stare at Xanthos with the Crux.

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

Xanthos. The shadow-mare filed the name into the depths of her memory, along with the sight and smell of the stallion. If Elizabeth had brought him here, she was sure that he had at least told the bigger fae that he was a racist. Elizabeth, much like Psyche herself, would not stand for the blood-traitors who called themselves their brethren. But then, he could have been lying, or simply agreeing to please the mare. She was rather like Psyche in her powers of persuasion, or at least that was the vibe that the Crux had picked up. She was reassured of this as Elizabeth twined herself around Psyche, almost cat-like in grace, taking the moment to whisper in her ear a warning.

Orbs narrowed as she looked Xanthos over once more. He would make a fine warrior, if he remained in their control, but she hadn't the time to babysit. Well, Elizabeth had brought him here - he would be her responsibility. "Welcome, Xanthos, my brother," she said, her tones a cunning tone just a grade above a hiss. She stressed his new relation within her group. She would not allow him to forget it. "Elizabeth speaks the truth, darling: you will make an excellent warrior for our organization." A few steps brought her closer, her amber orbs boring menacingly into his.

"But allow me to make myself perfectly clear. Your loyalties lie with me, not with any misplaced sense of companionship you might feel for anyone outside the Plague." For a moment longer, she held his gaze, and then she turned her cranium to eye Elizabeth. "If you'd get him settled in, darling? And do let me know how he's settling in." Her words were not clear enough to alert Xanthos to her intentions to keep him under supervision until he proved himself, but Elizabeth, with a mind so like Psyche's, would hopefully get the hint. She made a mental note to check in with the fae soon to discuss Xanthos's options in her organization - and then she turned away. "Feel free to accompany me to the rest of the herd. Of course, Mauja will have to accept you into their ranks, but for now, my word should allow you to stay among us."

[W/C | 376]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.