the Rift

[OPEN] Slither

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse

The greyness of winters tide had plucked the colour from the new lands he set his hooves across, dotting the fost-pinched landscape with hoofprints as he went. The Dragons Throat was his destination, because as a sleuth it was only natural to want to personally oversee an investigation into what sounded as pure chaos thriving within the realm.
Perhaps he merely wanted to witness it, maybe he wanted to feed it, or perhaps he would help blow out the billowing fire that filled the south.
The little grey boy, that ray of sunshine had spoken of a herd with no leader, or the one that was had hardly been sighted in the southern kingdom since her coronation.

It was a herd which had no council, just a populace.
A sitting duck for a coup d'etat no doubt.
The parseltongue simply had no choice but to slither down to the southern land of heat and sun. There he would bathe, bask, and perfectly immerse his blood soaked skin in the ultraviolence.

Upon reaching the shoreline, the island of the throat in the distance Toulouse could only give a volumous sigh, one heartily accompanied by a grissly groan at the thought of swimming the whle way. But the gods above had not granted him wings, they had wished him to crawl for eternity rather then effortlessly glide it seemed, and so with a grumble he slid into the refreshing water and began to paddle (by now, the grumbles had ceased).

Oh but the feign had begun before he had even left the beach.
His head struggling to keep above water, hooves a mess among the waves and spindly legs nothing but ribbon to the current. "Help!" Toulouse managed to gargle, his words coming out as a hoarse screech.  
Any onlooker would be forced into action by the pure fibre of any moral they had - he was drowning.

Or "drowning".

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

The ocean winds carried many whispers; tongues hushed and silent, but thick with secrets and promises of lost treasures. The Flying Dutchman was one of those treasures found, Maren knew that all to well.  The day she had met the boat within the brackish swamp of the river's estuary was marked as the start of her dedication of worship towards Sun God. Blessed by their God, together the trio (Mr. Teatime, the Flying Dutchman and Maren the Crownless) had proudly formed the self-assigned, Official Unofficial Water Patrol of the DT.

Today, however, there was a stir in the air; a deeper voice than the usual rang between the cold stirrings of obscure murmurs. Maren turned her pale head around, her long ivory mane pulling at her crown as she moved to look around the hazy blue for anything out of the ordinary. Had it been Tallsun she might've spotted the drowning man earlier, but the Frostfall air was gloomy and dim with clouds hanging low. Her vigil golden eyes shot straight to her companion, who looked at her with urge surging through his odd eyes. You know what to do, the mare could only say as she herself stood up from her wooden seat, outstretching her wings so that the wind may push them harder forth.

Combining their talents, a heavy, firm sound started echoing over the ocean surface. "EERGGHUUH, BLAGH, MEEHWW." It was Mr. Teatime that was singing in his deep tiger roar, rolling and tugging his throat like a true siren, for perhaps it would answer. She rowed into the embrace of the salty winter winds as she went, hoping for a reply of some sort that would tell her it was not yet too late. But then her gaze found the a blob, similar to the head of a horse, amidst the blue. He seemed somewhat close to the beach still, which was a good sign. "There!" Mr. Teatime ceased his singing and they drifted closer to the man. As they arrived Maren looked down to analyse his state. She had surely expected a pegasus that had perhaps been to tired to fly on any longer, someone fromt he Throat, but he was not at all a pegasus, or someone she knew for that matter. As he couldn't have dropped from the sky, he must have tried to swim. In winter? Could someone really be that thick? In short; it was a tad suspicious.

Any other soul would perhaps have cried out something along the lines of ‘My! Do you need help? Quick, grab my mane and I shall pull you to the shore! Hurry now!’, but the stallion wasn’t fortunate enough and therefore had found Maren instead. In all honesty, there were a few dark thoughts floating her mind as she watched him struggle and flounder. Yet, in the name of having whatever family he was from indebted to them, she turned to her companion and scraped her throat. “Mr. Teatime,” he knew at once what his bonded wanted from him and jumped straight into the ocean to disappear underneath the surface, only to come up again seconds later. “Hmm,” Maren said, listening to her bonded’s conclusion. The words that left her lips were stark and not per se worried underneath her silent, golden stare. “According to Mr. Teatime’s Deep Ocean Floor-analysis you seem to be in no immediate danger.” She huffed and then threw out part of the anchors’ chain for the stallion to grab onto. “Try to keep a hold on this as I peddle us back to the beach. Mr. Teatime will remain in the water with you to suffice as your personal float-attendant.” She could have asked of course if he was well, if he had hurt himself somewhere. However, Maren did not really care enough to realize that that should have been the prioritized question. “Is that understood?" Who are you, anyway. "Just so that you know your own rights (or perhaps lack thereof) In paragraph 2 B. Section 8 it is stated that the Dragon’s Throat Water Patrol has no obligation to save anyone that is not from the Dragon’s Throat, next to that; section 9 of that same paragraph states that therefore the Water Patrol is not to be held accountable for any deaths that may occur within our ocean or under my vision...—” ...and she would continue to quote more information written down in the imaginary Official Unofficial Water Patrol of the DT handbook as they paddled and swam back to the mainland.

lmao I'm so sorry  ; v ;
Feel free to pp them getting back to the beach!
Just for better understanding; This is what a tiger talking sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-H20YACr6E
Now just imagine it singing. :D also; I did not re-read to check <<
Image Credits
Please tag me 

Toulouse

The theif had quite clearly not elected for a stealthy infiltration, if that was at all possible. Stealing a vessel might be the only option to ensure any kind of return on a mission like that, and how was one to gain information as an obvious informer?
The disguise of an entirely separate identity, one with an alternate personality had so much more cover than night or a cloak and a dagger could ever provide. Had replacing his ever-narrowed eyelashes with a glassy gaze been enough to gain him entry to the southern nation though?
The gilded thief could only hope, for now, the die was cast.

A most familiar sound was skimmed over the oceans glass surface - It was the song of a tiger,
A song unheard to Toulouse for many many years. Not since he roamed T'det and Myrrh as a young stag with his brethren and others of his kind; the intoxicated ones, the kind who knew no bounds. Blood Drinkers or Vampires would be the words spat by most in this world, but not in the continent Toulouse had once called home.
The voice of the tiger had caused a sick nostalgia to ripple like toxins through his blood, his glassy gaze faltering and thrashing to cease upon the tiger's arrival beside him. His crownless head dipped below the brine and soon the gelding was just another part of the ocean, an element of the sea. A vile sting accompanied the view as those pale eyes flicked open, taking in the sight of the striped creature right before him under the surf.

A burst of effervescence escaped the thief's mouth as he gazed back at the tiger - he was in desperate need of air. Surveying the sea floor and all the beauty it held, Toulouse touched a sand coloured hoof down among the sand, rock, shells and water plants to propel himself back to the surface where he could see the hull of a... boat? A boat in Helovia?
Another surprise from his youth awaited him in the throat.

A soaking lad burst from the depths, his masses of hair sticking against his neck and weighing him down immensely. He had not forgotten the charade one bit and gave a short-lived cry of relief.

"Oh by the four!" he began by of course acknowledging the four deities of this realm "I thought I would surely drown!"
"The lord of light is watching over me today!" was the gelding's final cheer, his dog-like paddles taking him towards the wooden boat, though ever-wary of the big cat. The vampire knew well how much damage a tiger could do and water was truly their domain.

And so, soon enough, the thief found his saviour's eyes. They were like the sun; bright and hot, only these seemed much more capable of dealing damage. The sorrel-striped woman who stood aboard the boat's frame held a gaze that could start to hurt if you looked back too long, and Toulouse could tell she lit fires within many people.
It was the kind that made you check yourself, made you aware, caused you to stand straighter and attempt to look just as directly back. Toulouse could not afford that however - he was on a mission.

The tiger-woman spoke, instructing him that he was in no immediate danger. Obviously was all Toulouse could think, but the character that remained on his exterior just smiled outrageously with charm and relief.
A chain was thrown and finally, they were on their way. With further instruction from the headwinged lady, Toulouse paddled beside the tiger with his teeth wrapped miserably around the vile, cold chain. He tried a vast multitude of other ways to grasp it like holding it in the underside of his knees but it slipped out every single time. the jaw wrenching grasp in his mouth had ended up the best option.
The things he did for gossip.

"My name is Barnabas" the perlino soon chortled. The beasts grin was wide and fangs obvious, glinting in the southern sun. He daren't frown or give her any other emotion - Barnabas was a happy merchant who had lost his way, and was glad to be saved. "And you are? I would be ever so glad to know my saviour's name"

But as if it couldn't get any worse. Toulouse Barnabas was soon hit with a tirade of words about his "rights". Wide eyed, the gilded man watched her as she rattled on, trying to take note. They have a water patrol? He'd certainly remember that for next time, and it seemed he'd gained his first piece of information to report back to Iona.

When they arrived at the beach, Barnabas's shaking legs crumbled up the dune and soon he was one great, panting mess on the sand. "Gods bless you Water Patrol!" the gelding cried, curled ears sunken and eyes clamped shut.

ooc; np! Im loving this thread already <3 so sorry this one got heaps long
BTW, you mentioned in your post that he is a stallion - hes actually a gelding! Its rare on helovia I know haha.

x

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

He didn't seem to sophisticated, perhaps that was what put her off. That, and the gelding's dramatic flair that stung her in the eyes like a spotlight. She just wanted to turn away from it, or, at the very least, turn it down. "The lord of light is watching over me today!" If that is true, I wonder what I've done wrong to upset Him.  

After having paddled back to the beach and watching Barnabas safely stand on his four hooves, Maren threw out the anchor. Mr. Teatime meanwhile had shook out his pelt and sat patiently in front of the gelding, eyeing him suspiciously with his hunter’s eyes. He did not trust him either.

The Diviner joined them, judged him with her silently-eyed nonchalance as she did. Their analysations weren’t over, however. He strange teeth, and she could only agree with her companion. “I agree you were lucky indeed that I came by. I don’t see how anyone besides me could’ve succeeded in this particular rescue mission.” She felt Mr.Teatime’s suspicion push against her own emotions. You think he knew? It was quite possible that he had seen her and her boat at Kisamoa’s gatherings. Maren and Mr.Teatime shot a glance at each other. We were meant to be a secret organisation... There seemed to be nothing she could do about it now, though, she would just have to face the music that the DT Water Patrol could no longer pretend to be the random, recreational fleet that it had so far.

"I go by many names these days, but for you I am still the Captain of the Flying Dutchman. To my herd I am Maren, the Diviner.” Simply because she was quite a multi-functional mare. But the question of his purpose remained and her judging golden gaze squeezed together when she met his eyes once more. “Now that I’ve told you that, Barnabas, you are going to tell me what your purpose is.” She huffed. “Please answer thoroughly and truthfully while I ask you a few questions. " She scraped her Throat. "So; what is your purpose here? What do you do and what herd do you hail from?"  Her stance was still straight; expression crowned by a frown that shadowed silent eyes. She was the Official Unofficial Water Patrol, it was her job to make sure no one was able to infiltrate their land through the waters without them knowing.

He was wet all over, but she was not a mare that could do anything about that; was not a mare that would care enough, even if she could and she surely wouldn't have trouble sleeping tonight if he were to catch a cold. “As it is one of my other many qualities to do so, I will also strongly advice you to not cross oceans in the middle of winter anymore — And to be perfectly honest, I would not recommend swimming across this particular ocean at all."  Her own thought process could simply not comprehend how anyone would find himself doing such a thing in the middle of winter. Though he had this time, even Mr.Teatime would not mindlessly do such a thing. He could only swim that far, after all. That is, not without ulterior motive.

Image Credits

@Toulouse! Sorry that she is such a stick in the bum >>
Please tag me 

Toulouse

“Golly, when I get home i’ll tell my kids about this - They’ll never believe I had to be fished out of the sea like a a-a trout!” he gave a ghastly, nasal chuckle and stepped forward to meet the two striped members of the Water Patrol unit with a papercut cut grin. Soon the spluttering mess had fixed himself, stinging himself back together with what seemed like pins. Straightening up and shaking out his pearlescent pelt, Barnabas gave a shaken sigh.

While she was suspicious, the man within Barnabas gave no move. Like a cobra watching his pray there was only one precise moment to strike, if at all. The diviners questions were direct and reasonable at least, so Barnabas answered them to the best of his ability.
“Oh, I am a silk merchant! and I don’t hail from any herd, I was merely passing through in the hopes of procuring some glass from the Worlds Edge and trading my goods. I misplaced my compass along with all of my stock - it was robbed, you see. I just tried to find the closest herdland and here I am!”

“Unfortunately I am not a good swimmer… I have a funny foot!” He gestured to one of his back legs, holding it up and twitching it at the fetlock “I did think I could make the stretch - It has been too long since I have been in proper civilisation, among proper company, and as you can see I am quite starved and blistered" Barnabas explained to the woman who's remarks were condescending, to say the least. Lucky for Toulouse though, his wounds and bones still showed from his ordeal upon entry to Helovia which added to Barnabas’s story wonderfully.

“Might I ask you, Captain, who is the current Sultan and Sultana? It has been many years since my last visit to the Dragons Throat!” He asked her this question as he began to shakily trudge along the shore, cranium turned to face her own, eyes bright and curled ears pricked for her reply.

@Maren !!! ♥︎ had to change my coding, it keeps stuffing up :SSS  for some reason it wont let me change the colour of the first words, and it also keeps deleting the first two sentences? idk wtf is wrong with these tables man.

x

CLIMBING UP THE WALLS