the Rift

[PRIVATE] ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
The temple that now rose above the arid landscape was a magnificent thing, commanding the horizon for miles. In the bright noonday sun it's metal framework gleamed in glory of the one it had been build for. Megaera was a moth, helpless not to be drawn by the flame, but she did not come just to gape in wonderment. If there was any place she would likely find Maran, it would be  in the temple the Diviner had built.

Meg's fall had come because she had not trusted her herd to help her in a time of need. When her daughter had gone missing, she had sought neither counsel nor aid from those she had promised to stand beside, those she had presumed to lead. Perhaps because she had thought she left them in Gaucho's capable hands her crimes were not so severe but she had returned to find the Wildfire dead and the herd divided. It had taken the faith of her friends to keep her from running away from it all, but the ash spear was still not sure how to begin repaying her debt. But she remembered Maren's offer, made almost a year ago to the day: "If you ever find yourself in need of my help...my thoughts are here to enlighten yours, would you ever require it." The Sunspear could definitely use some enlightenment now.

She hesitated at the base in the temple's steps, such a feat that had been accomplished and what had she contributed? It didn't feel right, somehow, to enter without and invitation. Meg let out a weary sigh; she had never learned how to ask for help. "Maren?" Her voice was stronger than she felt, wings tucked tight to her sides she suddenly felt quite small next to the shining structure.

[shitty poooost alert! @Maren come browbeat her into submission]

Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

The temperature inside the Temple of the Sun was, cozier than the colder growing day outside. It proved that not only was the building a beacon of their unconditional faith, it was one of warmth as well. That thought made her happy, as she stood between the pillars of the entryway; looking out over golden shimmery dunes while listening — but not feeling, how the dusty winter wind embraced and rushed by the Temple. Mr. Teatime had gone out to hunt and she was alone in her comfort. Although her companion had proved an outlet for her loneliness, perhaps at times like these she could need a friend... But who would want to hang around a stuffy place like this willingly, with an pretentious old snob like her? She huffed (a foggy huff). Then again, her mind was like a tempest, a firework show of questionings that sparked and shimmered with new bright idealism's, issues and realizations every second. With such brightness illuminating the waters of her mind, perhaps a friend wasn't such a good idea after all. Such relationships often required effort and attention. She remembered that she had had a friend once, a good one, but then she died and Maren couldn't remember if it had been worth it or not.

Maren's gaze had turned hazy as her line of thoughts trailed off. She could have fallen asleep there; could've rested her winged head against the doorway and gone off, but bells of questioning tones, softened by the wind, reached out with one word — one name. It was left quivering in her ears. She looked up, as it had been her own name that had been called. The voice had sounded somewhat familiar, she realized, as the tiger mare looked down the stairs with her silent, gold eyes. However, for a moment the nerves that were sending Maren impulses to her brain were confused to see the tall, winged figure of Megaera the Sunspear standing in front of the Temple; hesitating. The sight flushed an icy, tingling sensation down her coat when she met her dark eyes.  

She hadn't missed her, that wasn't it. They hadn't been close enough for that kind of thing. So instead, she blamed the fact that she had thought her gone, been under the impression she had left the Throat after being dethroned by the God they had both promised to serve. She must have had her reasons, but whatever those had been, by Their Will: It hadn't been enough — so why would it be for her? Had she not disappointed her, too? Had she, Maren, not given the Sunspear her loyalty back then and had it not been wasting away somewhere along the shoreline of the Throat, though neatly wrapped in some seaweed, abandoned next to some driftwood? Speculation, speculation, speculation. Sometimes Maren wondered if the Sultan's and Sultana's she had served thought that her words were just that; words. As if she didn't truly mean it when she promised them everything she had; from her life to her knowledge, from her wisdom to her spirit. Wasn't she tired of it by now?  Shouldn't someone ask her if she was? Even if just out of curiosity? Or would she just, like Cera, suddenly explode with pitiful passion in the face of anyone who would want to listen? No, she knew —I'm not like Cera, she knew that much now. Maren could have asked the Golden Prince, but hadn't.

She knew that she was, and had been, a bad friend. For a moment she waited; stood so still that she almost saw her own questioning name echoing against her vision. "I might not be one to judge, Megaera the Sunspear, but I am still pissed." Her words had sounded surprisingly patient, came along with silent eyes as the centerpiece of a face cold of emotion. The diviner could've asked her to come in, of course, to enter their sacred Temple of the Sun, if only just to take a look, but she hadn't. It wasn't like Megaera needed to know the password first; this wasn't some kid's secret hide-out and there was nothing magical like open sesame, but merely saying Maren's name with a question mark added to it didn't quite do the trick either.

Image Credits

@*Megaera I did the proofreading a day to late but i still did it q-q
Please tag me