the Rift

[OPEN] A Key for the Needy [Come grab one!]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

"You know I was practically the only one against the landbridge being destroyed", she muttered barely audible to no one in particular. Mr. Teatime was the only one yawning in reply. The first time he had watched his bonded craft it had at least been kind of exciting, but now? He had gotten as much used to it as eating, though it was much less fulfilling. Maren felt his opinion brush past and she huffed as she attempted to sniff out the metals lurking within the ground. She remembered from when she had been looking for materials for the Temple that this rock formation was loaded with iron. It came in handy now that they were short on keys. It's all those foals I tell you, she complained. I swear Gaucho did it deliberately! Even after he was the one who made us into a damn island, there is no way he could not have predicted that they would all need keys at some point or another, but her eyes were starting to sting a bit and that surely was no good either. The mare sighed, fogged up the air around her with the mist that had flushed out from her nostrils as she tried to reach for something that was supposed to be her composure.

After having stripped the earth from their metals with new found ambition, she worked them carefully into keys at the multi functional Diviner's fire (as multi-functional as her, let's face it). It was a source of warmth and cozyness in the midst of the cold winter winds that had rolled in from the sea. She worked in silence mostly and, if she was really true to herself, rather enjoyed the small projects after having worked on the Temple for year after year. She used the key Cera had made for her as a sample for the new ones. No matter how clever and capable she was, it made the process go a lot faster. She wasn't a real artisan anyway, just half.

"Three new keys," she announced when she was done, wiping the sweat from her frown with one of her feathered hands. And if there was a needy foal nearby she would tell them:  "Don't lose it!" or  "Don't play catch with this!" or "Don't try and see if it floats! It doesn't!" 

3 small items/ 3 DT keys crafted for those who need them come grab one! c:
by yewrezz

@Sohalia @Aithniel
Please tag me 

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
the Transcended
”Good day, Maren!” The voice that drifted from behind the tiger mare was that of Sohalia the Transcended, and she had come seeking the Diviner’s fire. Normally she crafted far away from the holy flames, but in this endeavor she felt as though her efforts would be better begun by their light. After all, what better place to create keys to their herdland than beside the central symbol of their Lord?

In truth, she hated the need for them; she had slaved for years over a great wall meant to encircle the land and cut off their enemy’s route onto the sands, only to return after being kidnapped to find that Gaucho had blown it all up. It was one of the few times that she had been truly unhappy with him, even if she had understood his reasoning. Now, knowing how terribly their last fight conversation had gone, she was glad she’d never brought it up.

”May I join you?” she asked, dragging along small clumps of iron using her magic. With the Diviner’s blessing, the Transcended settled in to work, deftly manipulating one piece after the other to match the keys that Maren had already created. The dove had known for some time that they were in need of more keys, though she hadn’t given it much thought until recently. After all, she could fly in, and it hadn’t been until seeing everyone at the recent meetings that she had realized just how many of them were lacking one of the small objects.

When she had finished, her three keys lay beside Maren’s, six duplicates to the one the Diviner had long since claimed as her own. Sohalia selected one, again using her magic to manipulate the metal until the key rested against her breast alongside the crystallized rose that Gaucho had once given her. There were five left, and any left unclaimed could join the dove’s upon her chain until they were needed.

"Talking."
-Astraeus.-

@Aithniel
Sohalia
Image Credits
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Nephele Posts: 82
Dragon's Throat Guardian atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Atreus :: Lammergeier :: None Nova

"Hail Maren, Sohalia." Her words rang out as she drifted toward them on outstretched wings, her vulture beside her as they came into land. She'd spent most of the morning patrolling around the island's edges, since Kisamoa's arrival had provoked a mixed bag of feelings inside the warrior mare. He was a God after all, a God that had an affinity for water and could realistically flop himself up on their shore one day if he fancied it. She wasn't too sure if he was the kind of God she should place her trust in — or the kind they would end up facing like they had when the God's had brought the new lands into Helovia. Until he showed up again, it gave her more peace of mind to patrol near the water before she moved off into the mainland or found herself flagged from the sky by a member of their herd.

She landed without much fuss, her wings snapped shut snugly against her shrinking sides, each time a wash of relief that finally the weight had begun to drop off. "I hope you're both well." She commented gently, her eyes drawn toward the keys which both the tiger mare and the dove had crafted. It'd certainly help her recruitment duties if she had one and she happened to bring home a new non-flighted member, but also, it would make it easier for her to bring her children to the mainland rather than try and get one of the other members each time to unlock the way for them.

"May I take one? It'd help with recruitment, and my youngest children are not blessed with wings." Already the bird on her back had dropped off into the red sand and had jumped toward one of the nearest keys, he nipped one between his beak and quickly hopped back toward his bonded and onto her withers. A snort of amusement escaped her, it appeared Astreus wasn't the kind to simply ask and wait, oh well.

She couldn't deny that Jude and Byron hit a note within her, one which caused her to let out a small sigh. She had been looking for her eldest daughters, but she had not found signs of them — perhaps Sohalia or Maren would of seen any hint of them. If they had not, at least it would begin to get the word out that two of their younger members had disappeared or at worse, been poached from their borders. "Speaking of which," she paused for a small breath, "I don't suppose you have seen two fillies by the name of Verro and Tasokh? They're my daughters...they've been missing for a season or so now and I cannot find them. It is as though they vanished on the wind. Tasokh has silver eyes, and Verro lilac, she also has white flames which burn on her wings and hooves. Tasokh is blessed with flames too, only they appear when she flies." Part of her hoped they had seen them, but a part of her knew better than to expect the hopeful answer she so wished to hear.

"Speech."

Art by lunameyza@ DA

“She was beautiful, but she was beautiful in the way a forest fire was beautiful: something to be admired from a distance, not up close.” 

― Terry Pratchett
Please tag Neph in all replies!
Force & violence permitted with the exception of maiming & death