the Rift

[PRIVATE] one parent to another

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

“I didn’t lose them, they’re around here somewhere.” Mesec shot an angry glare at his companion, while Lucius preened his feathers. The zephyr appeared peaceful externally but he was really berating Mesec through their bond, as he had been for a while now.

“Aren’t you worried?”

“No! It hasn’t been that long.”

Although that second part was true - it was barely mid-afternoon and she had encouraged the twins to go play or explore around the Edge late morning - the first was a downright lie and both Mesec and Lucius knew it. Of course he was worried. It was safe to say that worry had always come pretty naturally to the demigod but how parenthood magnified it was incredible. He never stopped worrying.

Were they happy? Were they warm enough? Had they eaten enough? Were they ready to start learning how to fly? Were they enjoying living in the Edge? Did they like him? Had they gotten enough sleep?

Were they happy?

It was an endless loop and, really, it occupied most of Mesec’s time. Even when they weren’t around him, he was preoccupied with thoughts of them. Were all parents like this? Did Ampere feel like this for every single one of her foals? Surely that would be overwhelming, and Mesec only knew of four.

Suddenly, Mesec had the strangest feeling that Lucius was just goading him. “Will you please go keep an eye on them?” Without another word - but certainly with a haughty chuckle, Lucius took off. Thus relieved of some stress, Mesec was now free to… do what?

Worry some more, most likely. He needed to get a job in the Edge and soon, perhaps that would help distract him.

Frowning at himself, Mesec continued to wander along the cliffs. Although he had warned his children to stay away from them, it didn’t do any harm to keep an eye out. Besides, he might chance upon some company here or at least find peace in the chilly sea breeze.

Mesec & Lucius

original bird shape by lukeroberts at deviantart

for @Rexanna :D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna

It was cold, and the slight swelling in her belly did nothing to keep her warm. In fact, she was sure that it took the warmth she had everywhere else just for that. She knew she was pregnant again, but she had hardly begun to show. She needed to keep it a secret as long as she could for the sake of making it a surprise for Tembovu. When she woke that morning, the Elephant King had already been long gone – surely doing his own duties around the Edge. This time, she had nothing really to accomplish. Marembo stayed comfortably asleep, curled up in the bed he had diligently made when Rexanna had fixed up this old cave of tree roots for their new sleeping quarters. It was right on the cliffs, and a beautiful view for all to see.

She emerged from the mouth of it, stretching her legs and neck, noticing the fact that Kiada had already left that morning as well. Just how long had she been sleeping? The gilded mare knew she was tired, but hadn’t realized just how tired she was. Rexanna didn’t have anything to do that morning, or in general, but she decided to take a stroll along the cliff edge, hoping that perhaps the chill in the air might soothe the soreness that had begun to creep on her sides from stretching out once again. As she walked, she spotted a dark shadow in the corner of her eye.

She hadn’t really known anyone here yet, but she recognized the man from the herd meeting she attended. Vesper and Virga, Ki’irha’s twins were at his heels. It might have been awkward to assume, but Rexanna wanted to believe that Mesec was their father. Her course diverted and headed straight for the starry stallion. Placing a bright and warm smile across her pale lips, she dipped her jeweled head to him. “It’s quite cold out today, isn’t it?” She began as a way of conversation. Her oceanic gaze trailing from the view from the cliffs to Mesec. “I’m Rexanna. We haven’t met officially, but I thought I’d change that since I saw you out here all alone.” She flashed him a gentle smile before shifting her weight to make herself more comfortably, unsure of where to go from here. Her interactions had become poorer with the public, and it was beginning to show.

"Talk."

In the haze of hell, i have dreamt

that you'd lift this wing
and see that you are my first wound -
and that long ago, in some distant past,
with open eyes,

I kissed you till it bled.

@Mesec :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

Mesec wasn’t alone on the cliffs for very long - but it was a golden figure instead of two small silver ones that approached him. His restless pace came to a stop and he returned her nod of greeting with one of his own. He recognized the mare from the meetings, and was just about to be embarrassed that he did not know her name when she introduced herself. It was a relief to know that his memory had not been so lax that he had forgotten a name. Even if the twins were keeping him preoccupied and busy, that would certainly be no way to get started on his stay within the Edge.

“It’s nice to meet you, Rexanna. I’m Mesec.” He returned her smile with an easy, small one of his own. “I appreciate the company, especially on such a chilly day. My son and daughter seem to have run off somewhere…” Then his silver eyes looked past her, as though expecting them to come crashing through the woods at that very moment. But, of course, they didn’t. Lucius had not yet reported back to him either, so the zephyr was presumably still searching for the pair.

Not one to be very good at hiding his emotions, Mesec felt sure that his troubled thoughts were bright as the moon on his silver-touched face. He didn’t know if Rexanna was a mother but perhaps she might be able to ease his mind a little bit on the topic of foals.

So he looked back to her now, a worried frown replacing that easy smile that had existed just a moment ago. “Do you know if that’s a common habit for kids?” And the underlying, unspoken question ‘How worried should I be?’

Mesec & Lucius

original bird shape by lukeroberts at deviantart

oh look! A reply!!
@Rexanna <33
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna

It’s nice to meet you, Rexanna. I’m Mesec.” The name filtered through her mind, filing it away for use at a later date. She hadn’t met the man, but she did share a herd with his children – that is, if assumptions were anything to go by after seeing Virga and Vesper accompany the man at the last herd meeting. Mesec looked to be their father, as well, with the starry pelt and simplistic yet unique color pattern. A dark chrome to her own spotted yet gilded pelt. Though Mesec continued to speak of the children Rexanna had spent a few moments thinking of, she nodded simply – her own gaze drifting away from his brilliant silvered ones.

Virga and Vesper, right?” She questioned quietly. “I used to be in the same herd as them. I met them just after they were born when Ki’irha returned.” Her smile grew slightly, remembering the snowy day they had arrived, how she was pregnant with her own set of twins, sluggish in her attempts to meet them at the border. Though the conversation wasn’t met to stray on the little frivolities such as names and small information, his head swiveling back toward hers while she did the same. Her bright blue eyes were kind and warm, resting gently in an effort to capture his gaze as a frown crossed his starry muzzle.

I don’t have too much experience, if I’m to be honest.” She began, a small soothing smile crossing her pale lips. “But I have had a set of twins, about the same age as your foals that are extremely adventurous.” She admitted easily, offering him some sort of respite in her words. “I think it has something to do with them being twins. My first-born son was an only child and he chose to stick with me. Kiada and Kianzo are something else – two halves of the same moon so to speak, same but different and willing to do everything for one another without the embarrassment of their parents around.” A chime of a laugh escaped her lips, her ears lifting as a broad smile replaced her small awkward one. “I wouldn’t worry though, they’re smart. They have warrior’s blood, you know.” She winked to him in a reassuring manner until her gaze drifted out across the cliffs once more. “It’s amazing how fast they grow up, though.

"Talk."

In the haze of hell, i have dreamt

that you'd lift this wing
and see that you are my first wound -
and that long ago, in some distant past,
with open eyes,

I kissed you till it bled.

@Mesec <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!