the Rift

memories of dying days [open]

Ariadne Posts: 4
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Val
three. unicorn. grey. ram horns. cloven hooves.
fifteen-one hands. homeless, loverless, childless.

Where am I?

The first thing Ariadne feels is the cold, the way it bites at her skin and gnaws on her bones and grasps at her heart. The whole of her body trembles in an effort to keep warm, the type of deep shiver that rocks her to her core. She's unsure of how long she's been laying here in the snow, the cold, wet substance eveloping her legs and coating her body. Hours? Days? Even the dusting of snow she can feel coating her pelt does nothing to answer her question. Peeling back her eyelids feels like an impossible task, frost coating her lashes, nearly gluing them shut.

The second things she feels is panic, settling across her mind like a thick, suffocating blanket. She hasn't the faintest idea where she is, and it sends her heart rate skyrocketing as she tries to piece together the fragments of her memories. They are blurry, and faint at best. She tries to grasp them within her mind, but they slip through metaphorical fingers like sand, remaining just out of reach. She barely remembers the smile of her younger brother, the laughter of her parents, and the great rumble that shook the earth before darkness came over her. Something terrible had happened, but... she presses further into her mind, into the empty space between memories, but a sharp pain sears its way across her skull, burning behind her eyes. Ariadne clamps her lids shut, the world plunging into darkness again and a whimper bubbling from her throat.

Where am I? she asks herself again, and she thinks it is a question that may remain unanswered. The thought of never knowing what happened, how she ended up in this place, where her family is fills her with a terror she has never known before. Anxiety has wormed its way inside her chest, settling around her frantically beating heart. What if they are dead? she wonders, and her chest feels tight, her eyes stinging at the thought, the mere possibility that everyone she has loved and everything she has known is gone. What happened? Was it an earthquake that struck her home, or perhaps something else? Oh, she can't stand to think of this, the pain behind her eyes and the trembling of her body and the cold that surrounds her, it is all too much.

With great reluctance, the dappled woman opens her eyes again, blinking against the speckled sunlight that shines through the canopy and glares against the snow. Snow. There had been no snow when the earth had trembled. It had been spring, or at least she thinks so - she can just barely recall the sound of birdsong and the warmth of the approaching summertime. How much time have I lost?

Her mind is still hazy as she forces herself to rise, her muscles feeling sluggish and her bones heavy, as if from disuse. It takes Ariadne several moments to get to her hooves, her legs shaking with the full weight of her body and the shivers that still wrack her muscles. She searches her immediate surroundings for a pool of water, a stream, anything, but finds only the withered forest floor covered in snow. Her throat feels dry and scratchy, and she isn't sure how long it's been since she's had anything to drink. The snow will have to do, she figures, scooping up a mouthful of the white substance. It does little to quench her raging thirst, but it is all she has.

While letting the snow melt in her mouth, Ariadne wonders what her next move will be. Surely there must be someone around here who can help her? Being alone in this wilderness, the mere thought, causes fear and panic to grip her. She wonders if she should begin moving, perhaps she will have the luck to stumble upon a herd, or a wanderer who knows their way around these parts. Amber eyes glance upwards - it is still daytime, that much is obvious - she would venture to guess it is a little past noon. If she ventures ahead now, she may be able to make it out of these thickets before nightfall. But it is risky - she knows nothing of these parts, and to be caught in unfamiliar territory after nightfall... well, she has seen what happens to those who gamble with darkness, and it is not pretty. The shadows tend to hide more than just animals.

@Myrrine but anyone can join :D

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

" Oh my goodness!" she gasped as soon as her eyes had fallen upon the weak grey before her eyes. Although she seemed to have stood on her own just fine, Myrrine was quite aware of the way in which her body swayed and her limbs trembled. It was enough to drive the younger mare forward with concerned hazel eyes, hoping not to startle the beautiful unicorn as she spoke in a more hushed, soothing tone," You must be so lost and confused miss! I terribly hope I haven't startled you. Are you thirsty? I know where we can find a small stream around here." She was careful in her spacing, and despite longing to brush her inky muzzle against the speckled flesh in an attempt to comfort them both, she was polite enough to keep her distance.

Perhaps it was the way she stood, looking so vulnerable and in need of someone to help her out, or the surprisingly comforting flecks of her dappled grey coat; but the spotted mare couldn't help but be reminded of her mother in some ways. Although her locks were not the same navy she had come used to, and her eyes were a more vivid gold than vibrant blue, the resemblance was enough to make her once again long for the comfort of her beloved Mother. Keeping these thoughts at the back of her mind she schooled her features into the most pleasant smiles, her eyes not nearly as bright as they would have been two years ago. Life had a way of dimming the light from your soul over time.

" Please forgive me rudeness Miss," she spoke tenderly, hoping the beautiful unicorn was following close as she began to lead to a small spring that trickled between the trees," My name is Myrrine, and this is Helovia. I certainly hope you can make yourself feel comfortable, as this is a very welcoming and warm place." Her mouth tugged into a tender smile, and her eyes still held their kind warmth whenever they came across strangers in need. The butterfly mare may be broken and jaded by the world, but her soul still remained kind at heart. She could only assume (and hope), that it was the same for this mare.

" Speak"
OOC:

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply
semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@ariadne
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

CAPRO had been very insistent on their leaving the Basin today. He'd spent quite some time up there since hatching and had been wandering out when she wasn't looking. The young mare had shown the kid goat a few places on their travels but, eventually, she'd ended up in the Threshold again. /Ahh, this place again./ The spot where she'd entered and, every time since then, utterly failed at getting anyone to follow her back to her home. Why? She wasn't sure. The Basin probably got just about as cold in the winters as the Edge or the Hidden Falls and they certainly had more position openings than the Dragon's Throat which, she assumed, was fairly full. Seriously, it felt like half of her encounters with horses from other herds had been from the Throat.  So if her herd had nice warm caves to stay in during the winters, mild summers with tons of grass, abundant opportunities to make a name for yourself, and a friendly, close knit group...why did she always fail to recruit a new member? /Stop being dramatic, its only been twice. Just calm down and see if you can find anyone./

Tiny hooves interrupted her thoughts. Tiny, cloven hooves to be specific. Capro, her Girgentana  Goat companion, had decided to sputter off in his own direction. "Ugh, Capro no!"  She took off at a trot in an attempt to follow the surprisingly fast kid. She heard a voice to her left and turned, knowing that Capro would have gone towards it too.

Slightly out of breath she arrived in front of the pair to see Capro dancing a little goat jig about the two mares. He pauses to jump up at the one with butterfly wings, utterly entranced by their pattern. "Capro leave them alone. Come here now!" The last word held extra, motherly emphasis. Sadly, he dipped his white head and slowly walked back to Eldala. "Sorry about that, I've only just got him so he's still a little wiley!" She apologized as the floofball jumped on her butt where he laid down to watch from afar. "Is everyone alright? My name is Eldala and I'm a Weaver in the Aurora Basin, a herd here."  She nodded at the butterfly mare respectfully but turned to the obviously dazed grey mare. "Do you need a healer ma'am?"Her words were kind and earnest but quick. If she needed a healer then getting to one with with haste would be a good idea...and the Basin certainly had many of them!

"Words

Welcome! =) I hope you don't mind the little goaty! =p <3
@ariadne

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

The ginger man's footfalsl grew increasingly quicker as he entered the copse, the woods tat was known as the threshold. He came here so often, usually finding peace and comfort in the shelter and darkness the conifers provided.
Usually, he found lost and wandering souls here too, though these were the kind who could find their way again with some direction and lodgings unlike himself who seemed to be constantly searching for where his soul had got to.

The news of his twins had haunted him ever since Aelfwine had made the grisly announcement. It was news of his failure as a man, at least in his eyes. His morals had been stretched so far they had snapped and  now Tilney himself was left equally as broken. Each day that went by he wondered about the twins he fathered yet had never met, and about the woman he had so stupidly obliged. They were adults, though, and there were severe repercussions for their actions.
Tilney was certainly not the colt he was when he fumbled through the threshold for the first time; Now he was part of his herds council, a doctor, and a father.

Now sifting through the trees, he shrugged his cloak and lions mane collar further around his shoulders; it was ever so cold.
Tilney welcomed the sound of chatter to his ears; It was a welcome distraction to his solemn thoughts, and Tilney always appreciated company.
With a jovial smile gracing his countenance, Tilney tread towards the group of three mares - two of which he recognised. Myrinne he recognized instantly. She had formerly resided in the edge, but why he no longer saw her there he did not know. The other was Eldala, a woman he recalled meeting at the birth of Rein.
The third woman present he did not recognise, though she held a striking beauty. Her eyes carried a resemblance of his partner, his mate, Arah. Her coat was not dissimilar, however was much darker, and her mane and horns all together different. While this woman's eyes had spooked him slightly, he was at ease when he looked over her to realise it was not, in fact, his great love who was still, after all this time, missing.
"Good afternoon" the stag bellowed, lantern alight and crooning over the huddled ladies. "Myrrine, Eldala" He nodded to the both of them before his gaze crossed to the stranger, green gaze inquisitive. she was so shaken and appeared so cold; he would offer his cloak for her immediately. He had no doubt she must of just crossed to border.
"Are you inured?" The great chestnut asked "I am a doctor" he spoke to her as he shed his green cloak. Without another word the stallion cast the green cloth over the back of the white one, hoping it might cease her chattering.
"are you in any discomfort?" the ginger then asked her, his lanterns light filling every dark nook around them.

ooc; welcome! ★
ps. goat, companions aren't capable of mind speach until theyre 6 rl months old!

@Ariadne

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
Val

Ariadne had never had many encounters with pegasi before - they were an elusive bunch back home, preferring to keep to themselves rather than coalesce with any particular herd. She had only ever caught fleeting glimpses of them as they soared above the canopies of the wildwood she had called home, or as they disappeared over the horizon during sunset after a clear day. Her mother had told her once not to envy them - although as a child, Ariadne found it difficult. She had so longed to fly with them above the clouds and experience the type of freedom that would surely taste so sweet. To feel weightless, she thought, must be the best thing in the world, and for many months she had longed for nothing more. But alas, she had outgrown her childish dreams in favor of more practical realities.

So when a little pegasus mare seemed to appear out of nowhere, readily offering her assistance, Ariadne was perplexed. Feeling dumbstruck, she simply followed the winged girl to the nearest source of water. The sound of the bubbling stream was enough to remind her of her profound thirst - she quickly became far too aware of the dry tightness in her throat. I am so grateful, she thought, but the words never left her mouth - she was too preoccupied with taking long, deep gulps of the frigid water. She had never tasted anything so sweet, the liquid sating the gnawing thirst and the emptiness in her belly, at least for the time being.

By the time she had finished, the butterfly-winged mare began speaking again, and Ariadne turned her amber eyes towards the taller girl. Helovia? She had heard of this place, but only in passing. She'd never had the desire to visit, but it seemed she had no choice now - she was here, and the likely scenario was she was not leaving anytime soon. "Thank you for your kindness, Myrrine. I appreciate it. My name is- oh!"

Startled by the sudden appearance of a small... goat?... Ariadne took several quick steps back, looking down at the happy little creature that had quickly taken a liking to Myrrine's delicate wings. "Capro, leave them alone! Come here now!" an unfamiliar voice rang out through the cool silence, accompanied by the sound of crunching snow beneath hooves. It seemed, Ariadne mused, they had another visitor! The bubble of hope and relief within her chest blossomed, a smile working its way onto her delicate features. "It is no bother, miss Eldala. He is very cute. He is your pet?" Back home having small animals as pets or companions was not a rarity, although Ariadne had never kept one herself.

"Do you need a healer, ma'am?" Eldala addressed her, and once again the amber-eyed woman opened her mouth to speak when another voice interrupted. This time a male voice, strong, with a beautiful accent not dissimilar to her own. Its timbre was rich and warm, and the speckled girl found herself curious to know if its owner was as beautiful. Finally he appeared to them through the shrubbery, his rich golden coat standing out against the stark white of fresh winter snow. Ariadne allowed her gaze to sweep over him several times, from the tips of his antlers to the long flaxen tail that trailed along the ground behind him. He was an impressive man, she noted, and his presence, like the others, was a great comfort to her.

Murmuring her thanks for the handsome cloak he offered her, Ariadne shook her head - so many questions, yet she had been unable to answer them. Perhaps this time she would not get interrupted by another stranger joining their little get-together.

"No, I-I don't think so. My head just hurts." She winced as the throbbing pain behind her eyes returned, the sound of blood rushing through her ears filling the still silence of the wintry forest. The doctors back home, she remembered, had often given out tinctures of feverfew and butterbur to help relieve headaches. She wondered if they had the same kinds of herbs and plants here - everything here seemed... different.

"My name is Ariadne. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm sorry if I seem out of sorts. I just woke up and... I'm frankly not quite sure how I got here." She casted her eyes downwards, to the bubbling stream at her hooves, at the reflection of a young pretty-faced mare peering back up at her. She was relieved to see that nothing had changed about her - at least not physically. But still so many questions remained unanswered, and Ariadne worried that she would not find the answers she needed.

((ooc: for anyone wondering, Ariadne's voice is english actress Sophia Myles :3 also sorry for the less-than-ideal post, it's approaching 1am here as I post this and I am exhausted!))

@Myrrine @Tilney @Eldala

Watermel0nBob

She was glad she had brought her to water. By the desperate gulps the mare took it was obvious this was greatly needed. Her eyes were filled with the pleasant warmth and satisfaction of making someone feel better, and with a swish of her tail she followed suit, taking a few much needed sips herself before finally returning her focus on the ashen mare beside her. The way the spotted pegasus was acting was as if she knew this fellow mare for years, comforted simply by her presence, and this was something that made Myrrine wary. She couldn't be attached to someone so quickly, couldn't cling to them just because she was desperate to have something so similar to her past, because that simply wasn't fair to herself. And honestly, it was kind of weird for this poor mare who was just getting used to her surroundings.

When she spoke so confidently Myrrine's previous image nearly shattered, because never would her Mother (even if she hadn't been mute), have spoken so fluidly while managing to keep eye contact with someone. Yet even with this realization Myrrine's yearning heart did not relent, because anything that gave her a chance to feel like she was home again was something worth pushing for. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone approaching, her ears turning swiftly to take in the sounds of the little goat. He was so fascinated with her, looking at her wings with such large eyes, the innocence within them causing a laugh to bubble from her dainty chest. She couldn't help but find him endearing, and without much though she was kneeling in order for him to get a closer inspection of her appendages. The appeal of them had worn off long ago for her, but there always seemed to be someone who marveled over the silky texture and intricate design that made her always stand out.

It was only when did the goat's owner approach did she finally stand, looking to her politely, though inside she was guarded. Ever since the passing of Quilyan and her depression inflicting further upon her mind, she had grown less comfortable with larger crowds. One on one was always simple, but when one was surrounded it left them feeling very vulnerable. Her fur begin to prick from anxiety, but she refused to let it show as she dipped her head, agreeing with the new mare," He seems very sweet Miss. I bet he's quite the handful for you." Suddenly she's giggling, that pleasant mask returning to her complexion once again, her mind preparing for the onslaught of tedious pleasantries. When had those become a chore for her?

When the final horse approached she vaguely recognized him, having once lived in a herd with him. Her eyes quickly scanned over his handsome structure, trying to connect the voice with the name when it clicked, and she was once again all smiles and pleasant words," Salutations Tilney! It has been some time since I've seen you. Have you been well?" She moved gracefully to let him pass, watching quietly as he moved to press his cloak over the newcomer's shoulders, and she couldn't help but feel mildly irked. Before she would have joined in on the hovering, asking the concerning questions of if they needed a healer, or held them close to let them know they were safe. But that wasn't always needed, and if it were Myrrine currently in this new mare's position, she would have felt as if she was suffocating. So with a strained smile she stepped back to let the other two fret, not once letting her gaze leave the three, and listening as the unicorn finally named herself: Ariadne.

Lashed fluttered casually as she let the name sink in, before dipping her head calmly and smiling sweetly," It certainly is a pleasure to meet you Miss Ariadne. I certainly hope we haven't made you feel too uncomfortable, and I'm sure any of us will happily help you should you need it. Newcomers are always welcome here, and we aren't afraid to show it!" She giggled sweetly, looking at the trio patiently, wondering just what would happen next. Once they all knew she was fine, she was certain the two herd members would begin their well-rehearsed lines of why Ariadne should come home with them and not the others, because their home was most certainly the best. It was hard to believe that Myrrine used to be part of that group. Of course, she had always simply wanted to offer her home to others, and so long as the outcasts had found a warm place at night, she was never offended if they turned her down. She just wanted the best for everyone, and if the best for them was not with her; then that was fine by her. She didn't control the world after all.

" Speak"

OOC: In which Myrrine decided today was the day she was going to be a grump because yolo. Forgive me lol.
MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply
semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Eldala

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

THEY'RE both friendly to little Capro's cantankerous capers. The butterfly one even drops herself so that he might better see her wings. The kid is obviously ecstatic his little rebellion has worked out so well as he bounces about Myrrine before hopping up on her back to sniff and sniff at those wings, letting out little baby snorts here and there. When she rises he flops off with a stumble as Eldala's words call him back to her side.

An embarrassed smile passes over Eldala's face as the newcomer assures her that her little demon was not a problem. "Yes, he is my companion. Animal friends bond rather...uniquely, to horses here." Then, at the spotted mare's chime, she laughs heartily. "Indeed, he is quite the handful. I have no idea where he gets all his energy from!" The moment shared between her and the butterfly boosted Eldala's mood. It was so nice to be able to have small moments like these again. She didn't feel nearly so awkward and out of place when things went well.

The three were not three for long, though. Soon, another appeared through the winter trees to make their group a group of four. The dashing stallion spoke so beautifully; the words seemed to fall from his mouth as easily as the sugar from Johnny's body./He seems SO familiar. Hmm, was he the dramatic healer at Rexanna's birthing?/ She had absolutely zero remembrance of his name on the spot like this but when he addresses the butterfly, apparently named Myrrine, she's saved.  "Salutations Tilney! It has been some time since I've seen you. Have you been well?" /Oh yes, that was his name./ She smiles and responds politely after Myrrine, "Hello Tilney, pleasure to see you again."

There are a few more words and the new mare assuages the concerns of all present, letting them know she was quite fine(Well, relatively), as well as introducing her name. Eldala, concerned at the Ariadne's ending words responds, "Oh! I'm sorry about your not remembering. Maybe it will come back to you over time?" She knew that there were certainly things she didn't remember in her panicked run away from her homeland but to remember nothing at all would be fairly terrifying. After Myrrine's words she quipped up,

Yes! Myrrine is quite right. All of the herds here, while unique, are equally as welcoming as the next! Though, if you don't want to be in a herd thats fine too. It all depends on what makes you most comfortable. I haven't been here too long myself and can remember how confusing it was to be new in this land. "  She gives the pretty mare an encouraging smile. It was a new approach, calmer, not as nervous and sell-ey as she'd done in previous times. Perhaps, it was this mare herself. Eldala rather felt a kinship with the pretty earthen mare. /Well,/ thinks the terrene mare, /Here's to hoping I haven't messed up this possible friendship too./

"Words  /Thoughts/

OOC: Thank you Never. =p I did mean to say that he was just insistent on leaving the Basin with his actions. I fail at writing specifics sometimes. haha. (I would have Laume join in, Bob, but I don't want to add another char to this, for speedness's sake =p I'm sure Val is ready to get out there and playing.haha)

@Tilney

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Tilney

The stranger finally had the chance to speak her name - it was Ariadne. Upon describing her symptoms Tilneys two brows furrowed with concern - He had never heard of anyone entering helovia like that. She woke up and here she was? No, he'd never heard of such a suspicious tale, not from anyone and he'd met all matter of beats crossing through the threshold. The doctor gave a nod and a smile to Myrinne and Eldala, but by now he was at work and had no time to answer the winged one's polite query.
He prayed the woman was not severely inured, however, it sounded as though she had possibly been through quite an ordeal and possibly at the hands of some great magic.

"Your head hurts?" the gentleman uttered softly, green eyes carefully inspecting her crowned head. Out of habit the man leant in rather close, perhaps too close for comfort, and eyed any potential knocks to Ariadne's skull and the ram's horns that protected it, but wasn't sure he could see much evidence of a scuff.

"I am concerned about that head of yours. My guess is you've encountered some kind of magic on your way in, or perhaps you had a bad reaction to the border's stripping power" Was the doctor's partial diagnosis. Really, they would never know, but it was the most educated guess he could make. "I would recommend lots to drink and supervision but most importantly, lots and lots of rest" His words were almost scolding to the younger doe, green eyes peaking towards hers through the lantern's light before he stepped a few paces back, out of her space.

The topic of herd's came about as it always did with newcomers and Tilney stood between the females and listened to their chatter. The ladie's had explained the herd situation quite well, but seemed to offer little explanation of their own homes of offers for her to stay with them - So tilney would oblige.
"My home is in the west of Helovia in forest upon high sea cliffs. The land is known as the World's Edge and the western territory it lays claim to is abundant and safe. You'd be safe there, and they never turn away travellers. We are a large nation, but we always need more to fill our ranks. What say you? would you like to accompany back to the Edge?"

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Outcast
Val

I'm sorry about your non remembering. Maybe it will come back to you over time? The mare named Eldala inquires, and Ariadne's response is a subtle quirk of her lips. "I certainly hope so." If not... the memories of the last time she saw her family would be lost forever to the darkness that had enveloped her mind.

The flaxen stallion - Tilney, she must remember - inspected her head, shuffling in close in order to get a better look. She was not surprised nor made uncomfortable by his blatant disregard of her personal space - as a doctor, it was his duty to get up close and personal with the sick and wounded. The same had been true for physicians back home, and she figured it was no different here. She tilted her head at an angle in order to give him a better view and spy any bumps or injuries to her skull. When he pulled away, the speckled young woman breathed a soft sigh of relief at his prognosis. The scolding inflection of his voice irritated her slightly, but she chose not to say anything, figuring it wasn't worth the possible argument.

Instead, she settled for: "Thank you. I will keep that in mind. Do you really believe magic had something to do with it? I've never been familiar with magic or its types... will it have any lasting effects?" She asked, obviously worried that whatever magic he might have been speaking of would permanently alter her in one way or another. The last thing Ariadne needed after an ordeal like this was to wake up cursed, or worse yet, physically changed somehow. She'd heard tales of magic going awry and was not fond of the idea of waking up one morning with a beak or oversized ears.

Suddenly the pair of doctors are speaking of herds and homelands and Ariadne thinks her head might start spinning. She'd only just arrived - must she decide so soon on a place to live, she wondered? She didn't even know how she got here, or if her family was alive, or anything, but fitting in somewhere was now the most important objective? The unicorn felt her annoyance grow slightly, but kept a pleasant smile on her face all the while as Tilney extended his offer to her.

"I don't feel I am in the proper position to make that decision just yet." She paused, weighing her options carefully before continuing, "Perhaps I could come to all of your homes, and see which best suits my needs. I'd be happy to accompany you," she turned to Tilney first, the faint glow of his lantern reflected in her amber eyes, "and see this place you call World's Edge. After that, I will venture to Eldala's residence and then finally to Myrrine's. I hope that is agreeable to you all."

((ooc: way to make it awkward Ari, poor Myrrine doesn't have a home xD she will feel so bad.

@Myrrine @Eldala @Tilney tagging all of you cause idk what y'all wanna do. We can continue this thread for one more round of posting or call it here, and Never and I can continue this in the Edge before Ari comes to find Eldala :3))

Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

His prognosis was something that made sense to her medically tuned mind, and although she agreed that rest would be helpful, she would have also suggested some sort of herb medley to ease the pain. She was about to mention as such, until the man was speaking again and blatantly asking her if she would join him. Pausing, she took the time to school her delicate features and to remain composed, because on the inside she was extremely irritated. She understood the need to help, the need to bring more members to your herd, but being so straightforward to someone who was still trying to remember their past was rather tactless. She thought of possibly offering her magic in order to retrieve them, but from the look in her eyes and the way she seemed wary of the apparent magic causing this in the first place, she might not be so willing at this moment in time.

So Myrrine stood politely in the back, ignoring the way her mind seethed at Tilney's impolite suggestions, and as she was about to call him out on it, Ariadne was standing up for herself. The words were like music to her ears, hoping they would knock the stud down a peg as she hid the amused smirk on her features, and instead listened patiently to her suggestion. At the mention of her having a home Myrrine giggled softly, looking to the ground before turning back to the speckled unicorn,"I'm afraid that might be a little difficult Miss Ariadne, I currently have no home I am residing in. But if you would like me to show you the loner lands, I will happily assist then. Until then I shall take leave and let you grow accustomed to our homes." She offered her nose tentatively to her, hoping she would accept the token of friendship, before looking to Eldala pleasantly,"It was a pleasure to meet you Miss Eldala, and I do hope we can meet once again! Take care of your little goat now." Her lips parted to release a tinkling laugh, before she was once again looking to the former herd mate.

"Tilney, I do hope your journey home is safe," she smiled tersely, offering her muzzle to him as she used to to her former herd members, looking to him with slightly harder hazel eyes,"Might I also suggest finding our guest here some white willow bark to help ease her muscle pain? It will be easier on the stomach than ginger or devil's claw. Until we meet again." With one final dip of her head to the three, and a sweet smile to her little goat, she turned and walked deeper into the thick forests, not really sure where she would be heading next. Only time could tell.

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Ariadne @Eldala @Tilney - tagging since I mentioned you all! Thanks for the thread guys and I apologize for Myrrine being a grumpy pants!

Tilney

Ariadnes query caused the flaxen physician to nod and give her a cautioning bellow "There is a deep magic in Helovia, one governed by the gods above" His maw stretched upwards to the heavens as if to seek out any. "My hypothesis is that perhaps your body reacted strangely to this unpon crossing the border. Although, You seem to be recovering - I don't observe anything alarming" He smiled his crooked smile and turned slowly on his haunches, begining on his way through the firs. Pea, who had spent most of the meeting high up in the branches of an overlooking tree had developed a keen interest in Eldalas goat and swooped right past him on the way to Tilneys side, claws tapping the young goats horns on his way over head.

It was Myrrines words that seemed sharper than before, her stance irriated and gaze harsh upon his own. Had he said something?
It was when she reached her muzzle toward s him that the flaxen one stopped in his tracks, almost snorting out of discomfort as she did so - were her eyes not filled with glass he might of accepted her gentle gesture, but her hardness put him right on edge.
The suggestion came as a surprise to say the least, considering she had once worked a number of ranks under his back when they had been in the same herd. Did she think he, a doctor, didnt know how to treat a patient? He had only offered the newcommer a place at the edge because no one else had, and surely it was a horrible worry on her mind. And secondly, he had already said she needed supervision. And so and a confused squint in his eye, Tilney blurted out the only response he could think necessary. "Myrrinne, I am a doctor..." He then turned his head and began in the direction of the Worlds edge, shaking his crown with confusion.
And I don't know where you think I'll find White Willow, Ginger, or Devils Claw in the threshold. They were certainly not plants you'd find in a coniferous zone - what exotic tastes this doctor had.

With an internal smirk, Tilney wandered away from the group. He hooted to Eldala, calling out a farewell but left nothing for Myrrinne. Tilney was however ready to tell Ariadne all there was to know about the land she had stumbled upon - about it's gods, the four herds, its history, everything.
It would be a long walk home after all.

ooc; I'll open a thread in the worlds edge! <3

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎