the Rift

[PRIVATE] I’m not what you think that I am made of

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy
 The cold came fast this year. The edge swelled with the white snow fall, and fog clouded the lands. It froze the world under it with a frosty layer of unique flakes. Crunching filled the air around her as the pale golden mare walked. Delicate hooves dove into the frozen ground, sinking until the white substance packed down to hold her weight. Tin on the other hand happily danced around her. His small cloven hooves floated almost on top of the white powder. His delicate crown glowed with bright green leaves that added color to the desolate landscape. The pair moved together through the tree's; they weaved in and out of the thickening brush. They came to a halt in front of a small hut-like shelter. It was under a large red maple tree, and Raeden could not help but smile. This was her home. She was proud of this little hut. There was enough room for Tin, herself, and one more being to stand and lay in this little home. Teal eyes brightened as she watched Tin happily find more branches to make their home stronger. Cream hooves walked in the entrance, and she turned her attention to a small ember glowing in the middle of the space. Gently blowing of the valuable source, the fire started to burn and warm her home.  Tin then came in and placed a thick branch into the fire. With the air warming around them Tin found his spot on a bed made of thick grass. Raeden, on the other hand, could not find time to take a nap.

Silver-flecked eyes looked out the opening of her hut. The snow fell and floated to the ground below, and she was thankful for the shelter that they completed before winter. There was a lot to worry about.She had not seen Ron since the little tiff at the glass wall with the moon doctor. She worried about the man, but she could not let that take away from her son. Gawen was her soul and her heart, but how would she tell Ron about him? She had a lot on her mind, and she could tell Tin was burdened by her problems. The deer laid sleeping on the warm bed of grass. Raeden's mind was racing and her emotions were running wild. After Loth leaving her for so long she was not too sure what to think. Then there is still the raw emotions from learning her parents were killed by her own herd god. The mare had fallen into being a recluse. Sheltering herself from others, and not involving herself with the activities of Helovia. The pale mare just did not feel her self. Lonelyness overwhelemed her heart, but her face was stone. She could never let her herd see how much she was hurting, not matter how much it ate her inside. The specter needed to focus on her duty as a high ranked mare and a mother. That was the right thing to do, right?

"talk talk talk"

OOC:: her little branch hutch is like this but a tad larger with a fire warming the inside. Raedens Little Home 
calstron & raeden
"You're lovin' on the psychopath sitting next to you"

image | coding

@Calstron

Calstron Posts: 43
World's Edge Protector
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8
Goatfairy
IT had been the turn of several moons since Calstron had seen Raeden. Actually, it had been that long since he'd seen anyone. That last, embarrassing encounter when he'd been terribly wounded had left him feeling rather "less" than he liked. It was quite the shock to realize that was he not only past his prime for his "addiction" but also that there were others in Helovia who might know his true identity. It had been enough for him to decide to lay low for a while, let the emotions settle down, and then make himself known again when the time was right.

The time was not right today...but damn was he bloody cold. His pink skin was beginning to sport patches of hair here and there but the fresh skin was still uncomfortably tight in this frigid cold. And oh, how he missed Raeden. He missed the way her mane smelled had smelled faintly of honey and how her hips would swing just a little more to the left than the right when she walked. Frosted lashes closed briefly against the chill remembering that foggy morning my the lake an a smile washed across his frozen visage.

But then his eyes opened to the sterility of his surroundings and a foggy sigh escaped the blood knight. Though the monotone colors soothed his anxiety, lending him clarity, he was quickly finding that being sane was incredibly boring without someone to talk to. What use is sanity to a hermit? What sort of cruel gods creates a creature who can be painfully aware of their isolation yet incapable of appreciating any company they might be given?

Smoke drifted up through the barren trees in front of him. Distracted, his head quirked to the side."Huh." Apparently, the very same gods who might deliver their plaything with an offer of a small gathering. The fire was not very large and so he could be certain it was purposeful. He half paused for a moment, weighing the possibilities that he might be seeing Tilney again and not some average herdmate...and then a positively bone-chilling breeze raked through his hair and propelled him forward to his fate. Fuck it, I'm not going to freeze alone. Huge hooves squeaked against the dry, cold snow as he made his way. The weather's fingers implored him, "faster, faster" when it began to gently sprinkle snow on his frame. The flakes melted as they hit his lashes. Finally, the frame of a small hut began to take shape. Why hadn't he thought to build a lean-to when the weather had began to turn and he'd been all alone? Ahh, the King brought low in yet another way.

His eyes found her first, grasping on to the form within the dwelling, and oh how his body rejoiced at the sight of her. A smile spread across Ron's fairly frozen face as his hooves found their resting spot just outside her home's warm embrace. Perhaps being brought low wasn't going to be so terrible after all. "Well, aren't you a sight for lonely eyes. Its been a while since we last met, hasn't it?"

calstron & Raeden

image | coding

@Raeden

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

The frost covered world glowed with bright white and mute tones of the dead world. It was a land of hibernation; there was not beauty or serenity in the frost-covered grounds. The areas were desolate, the food was scarce, the weather showed no mercy, and she was alone. In her home, her only place of sanity, Raeden could finally feel a sense of security and warmth. It was something she had not felt in a long time. Bright teal eyes gazed into the world; they were the only ounce of color peering from the darkened warm home. A figure was creeping through the mist. The form was of a winged man. His build was heavy, and his statue like movements showed he was freezing, cold, and the weather was unbearable to the beast. Her head tilted and turned as the figure moved closer and closer. Lowering her crown ears pinned to her skull defending her home. The sharpened point aimed at the man, he was not going to take Her shelter.

A voice reached out to the girl, and her golden skull raised. The pale specter looked up to gaze into the eyes of a man she was falling in love with. His eyes flickered with warmth in the bone-chilling wind. The heat of the fire rushed out the door to embrace him in all of its warmth. Her once cold glare fell into a sweet honey-laced smile. His words embraced her and wrapped around the lonely soul of her heart. Silver flecks kindled with life as ears pushed forward to greet the man. It had been a long time since they had been together. Their last meeting was not very personal at all. He was bloody and torn apart. The man was broken, but none of that mattered to the pale specter. "Where have you been? I missed seeing that sugar covered face around here. Did you miss me?" Seductive sweet tones dripped from her mouth, and her tongue was as smooth as velvet.

Wind howled and whispered through the trees, and they bowed with the promise if a coming storm. Cream hooves stepped to the side opening up her home to the man. "Please come in, the storm is on its way. You look cold, troubled, and in need of a nice warm, dry place ." Her skull directed to a spot to the right of the fire. Eyes gazed upon the warming source as it crackled and snapped with sounds. Tin picked up his heavy skull from its resting place to look at the man. Green eyes rolled slightly as he settled his head back down falling to sleep once again. "Please do not mind Tin, he can get grumpy sometimes. ." Soft cream tresses shook with a slight chuckle. "Oh I am sorry if you have been looking for me. I was in the Basin visiting with my sister. She told me some news that... well, I was not expecting. It just shocked me a bit, so I took some time away from Edge to collect myself." A sigh left her maw, but luckily the heat of the fire kept the air from freezing into a frozen breath. "I am sorry Ron, there has just been a lot of things changing in my life. Gawen has had his own problems, and sometimes I feel like it is because he has not been able to spend time with his father." Her sweet voice fell silent realizing she just told Ron about her son. Eyes widened and tears started to swell in the deep blue depths. With a deep breath, she closed her eyes wishing to take back everything she just said, but it was too late.He was going to know everything about her, even if he didn't want too.

"Talk."
raeden
"I want someone with secrets that nobody, nobody, nobody knows"

image | coding

@Calstron

World's Edge Protector
Goatfairy
                                             (Late adding this in, but its Intermission II)
SHE seems...off. He'd never quite understood such emotions. He usually blacked out before then. He usually whispered sweet nothings into the ears of dying creatures when he felt upset or off. He wasn't quite sure what to make of her restrained demeanor. His sharpened rose was not supposed to be this dull and lifeless.

Well, he supposed he would be her whetstone and carve her an edge anew. The blood knight smiles deeply at her greeting.  "Ah, my honeyed one, I've been working on that personal....quest...I mentioned to you. The one I felt unsure about? Its about to come to a close, I think, in a rather unexpected way." He grunts as he scoots to add some wood to the fire before continuing. "But I found myself freezing without the warmth of your affection. So, obviously, I had to take a break to come back and find you." He gives her a saucy wink and reaches out to nuzzle her neck.

The deranged creature dips his head at her next phrase and wiggles his way into the shelter, not taking any mind to Tin anyways, and settles in to the warm little shack. A sigh escapes his chilly lips as the fire's warmth begins its work on his frozen visage. Now that he's in the same lighting as the lovely maiden he finds there's something else off about her nagging him. Sure, she seems a bit down, but there's something more.

The woman in white fills him in on everything he'd missed while absent. Her voice begins as a comfort but ends an ocean away from that. He was confused at her discomfort over the new she got but, presumably, it must have been quite bad for her face to fall like that. Oh, but wait, her next words cause her to cease all together and begin to cry. Bloody hell, not only did she have offspring but ones young enough to need interaction with their father? He sputters on the melted snow he'd been slurping near the edge of the fire. The demon wants to slap her, he wants to find the child and kill it, but even he must recognize the hypocrisy there. After all, his transgressions against her in the Caves had been....worse, to say the least. So, instead of anger he offers her a nuzzle and the only comforting words he can think of to muster. "Oh, I am sorry you're having such a hard time with the sire. Truly, a stallion should be involved with his offspring always. I had a son once, his is the feather I wear, but he was murdered. I would never allow a child of mine to go without my presence." Its an odd sort of possessive comfort. Its selfish. But its the best Calstron can offer even on a such a day where he's feeling far better than usual with the blackness held at bay.

calstron & Raeden

image | coding

@Raeden

WARNING:
Calstron is a dark character that often utilizes curse words and his posts may contain triggering content.  PG-13, not PG

His heavy body moved into the warmth with her. She could not blame him for looking for the person who hurt him. "It is okay. I am glad you are getting close. Most of all I'm glad you missed me." Icy soon melted away, and the fire filled the space with heat, and passion. It was a small area for the both of them, but she did not mind being tucked close with him. The warm tears began to fade away; she had to hold it in; she had to be strong. Shove all emotions to the side, and do not let them overwhelm her life. Do not let it effect HIS life. The touch to her neck sent a small shiver down her spine. He did apologize and explain himself before entering her home. Little did the man know, he never had to explain himself to her. There was something deep rooted within her heart that would cause her to always forgive him. No matter what. Teal orbs watched as he pushed a log into the fire. She simply ignored the sputtering of melted snow that spat from his mouth. Maybe it was not important to her, or maybe she never even noticed. Flames roared with hungry heat burning and crackling happily with its newly satisfied fullness. A sigh came from her maw looking out the hut, the snow began to thunder and rain down harder. "Yeah... I thought he would be more involved, but oh well. I can do a better job by myself. The only downfall is that he has wings, and I can not teach him to fly. He will learn eventually." Raeden shrugged her shoulders leaning into his touch.

It was delicate and her spine shivered with a soothing touch to her heart. Maybe she only needed the comfort of someone else to feel okay. Expressions softened as she took a moment to comprehend that his son was murdered. A sinking feeling dropped to the pit of her stomach. Who would do such a thing?! To take a life of something so innocent, young, pure and defenseless is only something a monster would do. Monsters do exist they live among everyone, but luckily Raeden has never met anyone like that. "Oh my... I am sorry Ron. Are you looking for his murderer, is that why you came to Helovia?" Her eyes moved to the small feather in his mane. Gold and black stood out in striking tones against his white tresses.

Silver orbs flickered with the warmth of the fire. "I know you came here under not so good circumstances, but I am glad you are here. I am happy we met. When I am with you I feel like I do not need to explain myself. I have never lost a child before, and I am sure the weight pulls on your heart like a thousand pounds. I went to the Basin to see my sister not too long ago, and she told me that out patron goddess killed my parents. Sometimes I feel like life just is not fair. The young are taken too soon, and the righteous are murdered because they are too pure. " She shakes her skull reaching out to return the nuzzle to try and comfort him. "There is evil in the world far greater than you or I could ever imagine.Hopefully one day it will all be gone ." Her honey coated words fell silent. Orbs found the small resting body of her companion. Tin was still asleep not paying attention to their conversation. Kicking a cream hoof another log fell into the fire and started crackling with a brighter warmth. "You would have been a great father Ron."

"Talk."
raeden
"I want someone with secrets that nobody, nobody, nobody knows"

image | coding

@Calstron

World's Edge Protector
Goatfairy

HE is pleased by her positive demeanor towards him and his feeble attempts at offering comfort. He wasn't quite sure why this pleased him and was not simply something he was doing because he felt he had to in order to get laid. Certainly, that was the primary factor if he was honest... but his tortured mind was enjoying not torturing things and that was a rare one for him.

The crimson king waits for her composure. Soon enough she continues on about the colt needing a tutor of wings and oh, what a lovely drop of information that was. He sees his chance and flings his eyes earnestly in her direction.   "Well, if he is ever found wanting for a tutor I would be happy to give the young lad a bit of direction" Finishing that last bit with a quiet nudge he douses the kindness on the fire between them like kerosene. Nothing mares enjoy more than a stallion showing interest in their otherly-sired offspring. "How noble! How great and kind is he!" They often say. Oh yes, how kind. Of course, no young stud should be stunted in their masculine growth. To learn to fly, male or female, was important but for a stallion it meant more time to learn superiority in the skies.

When she asks her question about his story bomb he just nods a response. Of course that was why he was here, she already knew he'd come seeking vengeance, did she even need to question if he had multiple sources of motivation? Why else would one cease being a ki- Oh, she didn't know that. His brooding eyes throw her a contemplative gaze while she gives him her pity speech. They always did. He hadn't told many but they always felt compelled to pour their souls out. Usually that had left them eviscerated. However, seeing as this was all giving him major points towards him finally getting him off the bench and up to bat he'd put up with it. When she finishes her monologue his eyes sparkle. At unshed tears or the realization of an opportunity, only his viewer could judge. But he was most certainly going to take advantage of this gift. "Thank you, Rae. But you know, I still could make a great father." He manages to keep his face straight through the corn. Let her think he was joking, talking about her already existing spawn, or him chucking his hotdog down her hallway, he'd adapt to them all. But Gods be damned, he was going to use this moment to at least try to succeed.

calstron & Raeden

image | coding

@Raeden

Fair Warning: This post is total trash. Please don't hate me <33 Annd if you want to, we can set up the breeding thread as if they parted ways after this thread and are meeting up just after snowmelt.

WARNING: