the Rift

[PRIVATE] vices and virtues

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Suddenly, there's another woman. She's heralded by a small, squeaky polecat, whom Dominus greets with a thunderous snarl. Get away, it plainly says. Nyx, unlike her bonded, has eyes only for the mare who is accompanying the small creature.

She is, to put it simply, beautiful. Far more beautiful than Nyx, with her battleship-grey fur, brutish muscles and plentiful scars. She's pale, flecked with radiant gold, petite and attractive, a stallion's wet dream. The silver's eyes narrow, assessing the woman as she waltzes up to Tembovu and....oh.

Well, then. Save for pissing up the poor man's leg, there's not a lot more this new mare could have done to say he's mine, back the hell off before I claw out your eyeballs.

Nyx allows a sardonic brow to curve as she coldly examines the woman. Sure, the other unicorn is certainly more attractive than she is, but Nyx fancies that she could kick her ass in a fight. Jealousy has thoroughly erupted in the grey's heart, even though she cannot quite place why. Tembovu isn't hers - the extent of her relationship with him is an ill-advised one night stand and a healthy dose of sexual tension in the resulting discussions. She'd tried to swing him to the path of polygamy, but his heart belonged to one woman and one woman alone.

Nyx is not the betting sort, but she assumes it's this woman.

Yet Tembovu carries so many could have's along with him. Could have been the father of her children. Could have been hers, had nature deigned to bless her womb with his seed instead of Deodat's. Could have become polygamous, if this damn woman hadn't firmly grabbed his balls in a vice.

"Hello," responds the silver to the other mare, her voice slightly stiff. "You must be Tembovu's special ladyfriend. I'm Nyx." And I diddled him too, she's dying to add.

Set directly during/after this SWP thread. @Rexanna and @Tembovu if he wants? ;D

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Rexanna

A loud snarl erupted from the companion of the grey mare, and while it disturbed Rexanna slightly, it was more of Marembo that happened to get offended. He squeaked angrily to the lion, keeping himself perched tall across Rexanna’s shoulders. “Rude.” Marembo added in, not caring for the fact that Rexanna wasn’t exactly fond of this woman whom she’d never met. Still, Rexanna did her best as always to remain civil – just aiming to simply point her status in the eyes of the World’s Edge King. She offered the mare a gentle smile once again before turning her head toward the commotion, unsure of what’s going on. Yet, she could feel Nyx’s eyes as they seemed to bore into her.

She wanted to tell the brawny mare to take a good long look; to engrave the image into her brain to remember forever. The fact that gold was always more valuable than silver. But she refrained from it, as she remembered that the beast that separated the two cats was the one she loved very much, more than how much she’d love to show the woman where she stood. When Nyx’s voice cut across the commotion to her, she turned her jeweled head toward the other unicorn – similar oceanic blues meeting her own as she kept the mask across her face. Regardless if the mare’s voice was slightly sharp to her, she nodded gently and serenely.

Yes, that’s correct.” She noted, a small smile offered to the mare. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Nyx. I’ve heard many things about you.” She tacked on at the end, refraining from adding in the fact that she birthed a child after sleeping with two men, only to be unsure of who the father was. After all, it’s not like the gilded ex-thief would know anything about that. Still, she kept a gentle smile on her face as she began her next set of words (entirely unsure how many children Nyx had, but knowing of at least one from her encounter with Tembovu during the Rift Battles). “I do hope your progeny are fairing well?” Her head tilted curiously, the gift Tembovu bestowed upon her head slid gently across her pale and exotic striped face.

"Talk."

@Nyx i'm like SO excited about this omg
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

The polecat's squeaks only serve to rile Dominus up further, and his tail lashes dangerously behind him as he eyeballs the little creature. "Noms?" he asks Nyx hopefully, his feral blue gaze locked on the animal that now adorns Rexanna's shoulders. No, warns the mare. Of course, her first impressions of Rexanna are not promising, but that doesn't mean she'd like to inflict a lifetime of torn-soul misery on the woman by allowing Dominus to savage her companion. She wouldn't wish that on anybody.

It’s a pleasure to meet you, Nyx. I’ve heard many things about you. That's a backhanded compliment if ever she heard one, barbed wire disguised as roses. The ironheart blinks once, twice, trying to compose herself - she loves her wordplay, does Nyx, but the vast majority of things she could possibly say would have Tembovu's precious porcelain princess blushing. "Oh? Do tell." She injects honey into her voice where she wants nothing more than to spew venom; she's pleasant and civil to the point of being sickly sweet, but her pale eyes remain as hard as iron. The faux-warm smile that lifts her lips does not reach those frigid blue orbs, which glimmer with diamond-sharp edges.

It crosses her mind to channel her full inner bitch and place a caressing touch upon Tembovu's shoulder, just to show that she can. Oh, how she'd love to see Rexanna's darling little face shrivel into disgust at the sight of another woman touching the stallion she'd tamed! She wonders where on that pretty little body Rexanna keeps Tembovu's balls. After all, she seemed rather keen to keep her vice grip on them. But Nyx resists her urge, deciding that such an action would be a tad too passive aggressive.

Her stony gaze narrows a fraction at the mare's question about her children. She hunts for a hidden meaning, a hint; she's sure there's one there, lost below layers of unsaid things. "They're faring marvelously, thank you," she says pleasantly. "After all, I do have the best taste in men." Her first bullets are dressed in velvet as she fires them; her tone does not change, remaining entirely sweet and innocent. It is up to Rexanna what she wants to take from Nyx's words.

same aha I don't know why this thread makes me picture this >.> lmfao @Rexanna

Rexanna

Oh? Do tell.” She could have spoken of the numerous children the mare had, that Tembovu had informed her of in an effort to try and press the idea that he didn’t have feelings for her. But no, again, Rexanna was civil. She would appear to be so regardless of events. She knew the mare was a warrior, and while Rexanna wasn’t much of one herself, she definitely preferred to lie with her enemy and steal their most prized possessions rather than fight to the death over such things. So, as she spoke with honey lacing each word, Rexanna returned the favor. “I’ve heard that you are an amazing warrior, and a great friend to have.” She noted, honey lacing her own words as she refrained from spouting out anything offensive. She spoke the words Tembovu had told her in an effort to keep the mare kind, despite their companions’ angst.

Marembo wasn’t having any of it, though. His eyes never left the pale lion as his tail lashed behind him. “I don’t like her.” His words were gruff and frustrated as they passed through their bond. “I know.” Came the simple response from Rexanna, her eyes never leaving the mare. As she questioned children, Nyx actually thanked her – though she wondered if it was an empty sign of appreciation. Despite what Rexanna might feel for a woman, she always hoped that their children would end up strong and powerful. Yet, when the next few words reached the Aurelian siren’s ears, they refrained from flicking back to show any sign of weakness. “It appears we both do, doesn’t it?” She questioned with a bright smile, eyeing the woman from behind black mascara markings and gilded chains.

You kick her now?” Came another question from Marembo, his eyes nearly glued to the pale lion. “No.” Rexanna retorted. “What’s your active number now?” She questioned with a tilt of her head. Yes, Tembovu had told her of the silver mare’s various children, and his attempts to soothe her worries of him having slept with her more than once only added more gasoline to this already brewing wildfire. “I only have the one.” She admitted again, flashing a beautiful wink to the General, casually speaking of how Tembovu was hers forever and always. Rexanna had worked hard to get him, and she wouldn’t let him go without a fight.

"Talk."

@Nyx HAHAH THAT GIF THO <3

An amazing warrior and a great friend. The mare's first words succeed in wrong-footing Nyx, and she is momentarily caught off her guard. "I...oh." She has no retort to Rexanna's niceness, although she gets the distinct impression that she's being killed with kindness. The honey that drips from Rexanna's words has her second guessing whether it is genuine, whether this woman is perhaps not the bunny-boiling psycho-bitch that Nyx has always pictured her as. Is she being overly harsh in her judgement?

Alas, that momentary lapse is quickly smothered. Dominus continues to glower dangerously at the polecat, and Nyx knows he is certainly not fooled by this display of niceness. It appears we both do, doesn't it? Rexanna remarks, and Nyx's eyes flash for a moment before she regains her composure. "It certainly does." She injects pleasantness into her voice again, although her tail swings against her flanks with rather more force than is strictly necessary. Her blue gaze shifts over to Tembovu, wondering if he's worriedly listening to every word or whether he's attempting to tune out the potential catfight he has on his hands.

The woman asks her active number, and Nyx's eyes flash again with the tempest that rages inside. She fights aside her natural instinct to attack, realising that this is to be a battle of wits, not bodies. "Oh, I've lost count," she says casually, her brow furrowed as if genuinely trying to count. In truth, she hasn't had a man near her since Gaucho, and she's so sick of getting pregnant that she rather thinks she is going to abstain from stallions for the forseeable future. Rexanna doesn't need to know that, though. Let her think that Nyx is a rampant whore, bedder of anything with a pulse. It's better than being an uptight, frigid bitch, after all.

At the final comment, Nyx's jaws slip into a cold, yet pleasant, smile. "And what a magnificent one he is," she croons, looking over to Tembovu and scrutinising him openly with her gaze. She runs her eyes along every inch of his massive body, careful to school her face into a wistful, lustful expression. A sigh, as if to say ahhhh, memories, slips easily from her lips. "It's a dreadful shame somebody's clipped his wings and trapped him in a gilded cage." Her voice is edged with false sadness, as though remarking sorrowfully on a dead friend. "Isn't it a sad state of affairs when a woman has to keep a man's balls in her pocket rather than letting him act like the stallion he is?" A wicked grin spreads slowly across her face. Shots. Fired.

THIS THREAD THO <3333 @Rexanna

Rexanna

As Rexanna watched for Nyx’s reaction, she was pleased to see how her kind words threw off the mare. She seemed to stutter some, as if waiting to pounce on the mouse she’d been waiting for, only to find that the mouse wasn’t ever there. Yet, Rexanna wasn’t much to deny the fact that Tembovu was a good lover, and as she agreed with Nyx, the silver mistress seemed to agree in turn. In the meantime of the small talk, Rexanna’s gaze did drift toward the pale lion as Marembo’s cheeks twitched with the urge to hiss back at the feline.

Oh, I’ve lost count.” Rexanna wanted to laugh – as if Nyx was trying to prove a point that her list was much higher. The ex-thief wasn’t sure if it was, though. Did this woman have to sleep with almost every warrior just to escape and evade a bloodthirsty Prince with a price on her head just to get away? The number was large, and quite frankly, Rexanna had never truly started counting. Nevertheless, the gilded siren offered a simple smile to the mare, nodding along with her words of how magnificent the Elephant King truly was.

She was stopped short though, eyes narrowing slightly as Nyx’s next set of words left her ink dipped lips. “Clipped wings. Gilded Cage. Man’s balls in her pocket.” Oh, if only Nyx knew.

Blinking a few times, Rexanna emitted a brilliant chime of a laugh. “Oh, honey, you’re all wrong.” She cooed, gently. “You see, his wings aren’t clipped – he’s not trapped. He’s free to be as much of a stallion as he wants to be.” Her kind smile began to shift into a smirk. “After all, that’s why he slept with you.” Her words hinted darker, but never let go of that honey laced poison. “And for some reason, no one has satisfied him the way I have. He does always come back to me.” She offered one more wink to the silver mare, Marembo settling down slightly as if he was pleased with the words his bonded spoke.

"Talk."

@Nyx I CANT HAHA OMG.

The golden mare blinks, and Nyx feels a savage sting of satisfaction - has she given Rexanna pause for thought? Has she wrongfooted her as Rexanna did to her with her words of kindness a few moments before? Oh, she hopes so. She wants to see those pretty little feathers truly ruffled, wants to see that perfect countenance wrinkled by the first inklings of doubt. Everybody has a limit on how much tolerance they can offer before the quakings of rage in their muscles get the better of them. Nyx's mission is to try and find out Rexanna's limit - to discover the fine line between civility and outright animosity, then cross it.

If the other mare is caught off guard, she doesn't show it. She responds in kind, and Nyx feels her carefully-controlled temper beginning to bubble underneath the surface. Maybe it's the silver who will reach her limit before the gold, which would be karma at its finest. He does always comes back to me. "Yes, emotional blackmail is a wonderful way of getting what you want, isn't it?" That's what Nyx has always imagined Rexanna did to Tembovu to get him to heel. Threatened him with leaving, used his own feelings against him - perhaps she's wide of the mark, but somehow she doubts it.

She fixes the other unicorn with her fierce blue gaze - a gaze that can be so gentle when it wants to be, so kind when it looks upon the faces of her children, yet can also become the storm itself when necessary. Right now, it leans decidedly towards the latter. "Why is it that you demand he beds you and only you?" she questions pleasantly, as though asking Rexanna's opinions on the weather. "Is it insecurity? A fear that another woman might pleasure him more than you can?"

Nyx casts a sly, sidelong glance at Tembovu, as though sizing him up like the beautiful piece of man-meat he is. "I certainly didn't get any complaints," she purrs.

@Rexanna

Rexanna

Perhaps the gilded siren was hopeful that her words had a harsher sting – that they’d poke and seed themselves deeper and deeper, ushering blood to the surface that left a scar long past where they’d dwelled. But alas, the general fires back sentences that even Rexanna wasn’t sure what to counter with. So, two could definitely play at this game. While Rexanna tried to distract the mare by compliments, the silver creature decided that spewing lies were the more reasonable way to go to do so. It was as if the woman wasn’t even phased by the words she had said. And instead, it reminded the ex-Thief of her encounter with Orithia, of how Tembovu spoke of her and all the things she had done.

Just what exactly did Tembovu tell everyone?

She snorted then, a break in the mask that covered her composure thus far. Her original smile dropping immediately, and a darkened narrowed gaze remained on the silver snake. “Emotional blackmail? Tell me, how could I do such a thing when we lived for years apart in separate herds?” She questioned with a tilt of her head, eyes narrowing further. “I’ve known him since he stepped foot into Helovia, I’ve known him as long as Mauja has, and you think I have some sort of power over him for emotional blackmail of all things?” She questioned and snorted again, retreating her head to shake and stand in bewilderment.

But of course the general wasn’t finished. Rexanna’s ears flicked back toward her skull but she could still hear the venom that dripped from the words she spoke. The gilded siren missed the look Nyx had given to Tembovu, to size him up, but she hadn’t missed what she meant. “I’m failing to understand where you get this idea that I’m the one that forbids him to sleep with others?” Her head swings back to Nyx, a small cooling flame burning behind blue eyes. “Isn’t it possible that he doesn’t want to?” She fired back as best she could with the crumbling composure she carried. Nyx may have won the argument, but surely she didn’t win any points in her book. All the compliments she had given were immediately revoked.

If the mare was a ’great friend’ as Tembovu had put it prior, perhaps she’d actually show such generosities instead of throwing insults to the woman that held the heart of her King.

"Talk."

@Nyx uh oh, she mad

She thinks she's hit a nerve - it gives her a sense of cold satisfaction to know that this mare can be got at. It occurs to her that being needlessly spiteful and unpleasant isn't generally in her nature and that it doesn't suit her, because for all of her flaws, she's usually more for casual innuendo than actual nastiness. But this woman has pushed her to her limits with her attempts to kill with kindness and the hold she has over Tembovu. If there's one thing Nyx cannot abide, it's mares who try to make men act like their gelded little bitches. She despises monogamy and always has, and from what she's pieced together through her discussions with Tembovu over the years, Rexanna is one such woman.

Of course, Nyx may be making quite a lot of assumptions about the golden mare. Tembovu has never outright told her that Rexanna made him give up other women - the way he'd painted it, his main reason for staying with her was so that he knew it was his children inside her, nobody else's. It is Nyx who is making the link - Nyx who is assuming that Tembovu chose to give up other women to please Rexanna. That doesn't mean she flat out asked him to, but the silver assumes there were enough hints or barbs to make him think he wanted to. Emotional blackmail at its finest, making him think he wanted something just because the love of his life did.

That train of thought brings her to something else. A memory from her first meeting with the elephant, some of the first words he ever said to her, smothered under the delicious recollections of what happened after. A mare of the Basin lied to my face, with her back still warm from my gods damn barrel! And the colt, Alexander, to have the- the depravity to force a mare- my Rex- to be his whore...

A cold smile flashes across her face. Time to take that dagger she's rammed into the other mare's flesh and twist it that little bit deeper...

A little voice in her head tells her to stop. To shut up and leave it, to walk away, be the bigger woman and cease this idiotic bitch-fest. But she can't. Rexanna has needled her temper, and although Nyx is generally a calm creature, once the beast is out it's hard to rein back in.

"I cannot think of any man who would willingly go against nature unless the woman he loved made him think that he had to." Her voice is cold, but suddenly that cold smile reappears - it does not suit her, twisting her features into a disgusting grimace of tangled steel and shattered ice. This is not her. She is not this bitchy, vicious, spiteful creature....deep down, she's sickened by herself, despises what she's suddenly become. But it's too late, the words are on the tip of her tongue. "Or perhaps," she says, ever so sweetly. "It's because swearing that he would be yours and yours alone is the only way he could ensure that the children in your womb were his." She flutters her eyelids and glances thoughtfully upwards, as though trying to retrieve a memory. "Tell me, who is Alexander?"

It's a low blow. To imply that Rexanna - apparent paragon of purity and purveyor of monogamy - had cheated on her beau is quite an accusation, but it's one that Nyx wields like a knife.

And she hates herself for it.

@Rexanna I'M SORRY SHE IS A BITCH

also if you're wondering, this is the thread where Temb mentioned Alexander :)

Rexanna

Things would have probably gone better had Rexanna not said anything at all. The blood that boiled beneath her skin threatened to shine with electricity – to pinpoint its rage into her horn and blast the mare away in a glittering, fiery blow. But Rexanna wasn’t like that. It took nearly all the self-control she had to relax herself, to try and sooth her temper as she watched the silvered woman. The words she had said to Nyx previously were aimed to be rhetorical questions – but the moment they left her lips was when she realized that Nyx might actually have a response. And whatever response would drip from those poisonous lips would be words that Rexanna would have to speak with Tembovu over.

Had he gone and blabbed to half of the Edge over the wrongdoings she had done him, when he hadn’t been a saint himself? Was she the one painted in this blood red light, a devil wearing brilliantly gilded clothes, plotting and scheming ways to sleep with the King and take a throne? Is that the image he had created of her? And if so, where did he end up getting the idea that she might want to live in a place where such lies ran rampant behind hidden veils and masks of people she was supposed to consider family?

Nyx began to speak again, and Rexanna did her best to stare the mare straight in the eye. Her blue gaze narrowing and growing sharp against the dull coloring of the Captain. All Rexanna could do to the first set of words was shrug her shoulders. “I didn’t tell him to do anything.” She admitted, honestly lacing her words the best she could – but knowing deep down that she had asked him to do such a thing before she even came to the Edge with him – so she could be sure that the kids that came from his seed were hers too?

It was as if Nyx had read her mind, as she spoke of such events then spun them onto her. Nyx was creating a web around the gilded ex-Thief, and she was growing tired of being the helpless fly stuck in the spider’s trap. The show Nyx put on as she spoke was enough to make Rexanna sick. But of course, the mare had to take it further. “Tell me, who is Alexander?

Oh, no, no, no, no, no.

A snort slipped through her nostrils as she shook her head. “That was quite some time ago. And at least I had been honest with him.” She pointed out, tossing her head in the Elephant King’s direction. “Besides, I don’t think you understand the situation that I was in during that time.” She admitted, shaking her head once again. She had returned to her old self during those ventures – of sleeping her way out of problems, of escaping and evading the darkness and demons that swelled and burst from her past. All it took was Rexanna pausing a moment to glance at the “C” still etched into her chest to feel the pang of pain and regret that burned every bone in her body. “Most people will do anything to protect themselves when their lives are at stake.” A simple note, but true nonetheless.

"Talk."

@Nyx it went a different way than expected :|

It's a sudden shift, a sudden fit of conscience that attacks the grey mare and makes her sense of self-loathing increase until it's almost unbearable. This isn't her. She isn't this bitchy, catty little shitbag, who wounds with words rather than hooves and teeth. Nyx has always prided herself on not lowering herself to the puerile exchange of insults, on doing her talking on the battlefield, yet here she is attempting to bring an innocent woman to her knees purely due to some possibly misplaced sense of dislike.

She shouldn't be doing this, and she'll almost certainly end up apologising for it. Although Nyx has quite a good control over her temper and her impulses, once the beast is out of the cage it's pretty damn hard to stuff it back in. Like in the herd meeting when she'd spoken out of turn in the heat of the moment and then had to make a series of grovelling apologies later on, Nyx can feel that she's doing the wrong thing, yet is powerless to stop it.

The silver's words about Alexander have the desired effect, and underneath her growing sense of shame she feels a great spasm of joy that she's managed to weave such a web around the golden mare. The satisfaction is hollow, however, and she knows it. Most people will do anything to protect themselves when their lives are at stake. Those words make the ironheart's blood run cold; could there be more to the story than Rexanna simply taking a fancy to the dick of another man? "Oh?" She raises an eyebrow, valiantly trying to insert sardonic faux-interest into the gesture but finding it hard because she's actually interested. All the fight seems to have sapped from Nyx as quickly as it arrived; she just wants this confrontation to be over, wants to get away before she says anything she might regret, and it shows in the sagging of her shoulders and the softening of the sharp lines of her face. But not before she hears the rest of the story, if the other woman is willing to share it.

If the tale goes in the way that Nyx thinks it might - that perhaps the golden one had been forced to offer her body in exchange for her life - then it will only compound the fallen General's guilt that she's used such a traumatic event as a weapon to harm the other mare. Nyx has had her fair share of men - a few people's fair share, to be truthful - but it's always been consensual, and it's often been initiated by the randy grey herself. To have something so personal, so private, be forced by another, or to have to use it to save your life....it doesn't bear thinking about.

@Rexanna

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

" they say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language… "

He had grinned and greeted Rexanna—jealousy not easily recognized on the Aurelian siren, despite easily being recognized in the Elephant. Duty had called him a few paces away from his family, discussing the possibilities of what was happening with Moon Goddess and Kisamoa with Alune and what it might mean for the Edge. After all, the Edge’s cliffs were within view of this sparkling new creation pulled out of the waves. Thus, the stallion is (woefully) entirely ignorant of Dominus’s outright snarl and the mare’s mirroring, understated ones.

Once, he feels both sets of eyes—once electric blue and the other honeyed cerulean— on him, and in (sadly) masculine ignorance, he throws a distracted grin towards the deadly battle of wits that rages calmly on the glittering beach. Too focused is he on his current train of thought with his Seer to fully appreciate the appreciative lingering of Nyx’s gaze across his silvered buckskin hide. Nor does he notice the narrowed, venomous look Rexanna gives Nyx in return.

It is only later—oh so much tragically later—that a single, decisive question filtered through the clamor of his thoughts, Alune’s deep voice, the low murmur of others’ conversations, and the distant crash of waves.

“Tell me, who is Alexander?”

Black-rimmed ears snap towards Nyx, followed by his great head and wide, alarmed eyes. It is only now that his happy, blissful, ignorant reality is shattered. Nyx. Rexanna. Nyx speaking with Rexanna. Rexanna speaking with Nyx. A past so convoluted and a future so promising—talking and mixing. There was an old soldier’s cheer often shouted during rowdy nights with the Banderi: ’Mke na wapenzi, naomba kamwe kukutana!’ Never had the Elephant General (at that time) fully understood the emphasis behind the boisterous toast.

Now, he did.

With a hasty nod and excuse to his celestial coated friend, he took quick, rushed strides back to his place alongside Rexanna—though his eyes were searching both of the mares’ faces. In Rexanna’s he found venomous annoyance and mistrust; in the other he found vindictive triumph, softened by the lack of fight in her body language.

Despite the multitude of body language and cues given the King, he was entirely at a loss of what verbally transpired. So, with a darkened, worry-creased gaze that darted between the two mares—one a close and trusted friend and the other his lover— he asked, “Nyx, Rexanna. What is it you two are speaking about?” Though his voice was forever a deep rumble as dictated by Mother Nature, it had certainly risen a few octaves given his current concern.

And then, without waiting too long for an answer (for he didn’t know that he truly wanted to know the answer), he continued on, “Perhaps it is time to take the twins back home?” His tone was hopeful, wishing to separate these two based on their body language, alone.

Mke na wapenzi, Naomba kamwe kukutana! = Mates and lovers, may they never meet!

" what else can make one feel so much without a word? "
image | table by cai

@Nyx @Rexanna
INCOMING, PANICKING (late) ELEPHANT

Please tag Tembovu.