Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it."

The creature was in a pitiful state. Once, in another life, she'd been beautiful, desirable even. Now she was a lost and confused shell of her former self. Slowly, dumbly even, her eyelids fluttered open, heart thudded in her chest. The feeling of being so alive frightened her. For months she'd believed herself as dead. Only wondering the plains as a ghost, but she felt the life pumping through her veins. There was someone that she had to survive for, another that called her name and one that sang to her soul. A girl. A young girl. Her girl? Her daughter.
With that thought the doe sat up straight, eye widening as she struggled to remember the face of her child. A child that was alive. A daughter that she knew was still alive. Her daughter. Dry, cracked chops mouthed a name, the name that would be forever branded into her soul. "Ma...Maude." The child that she had laboured for, the daughter that she had birthed into this world. Then she was taken away.

There was another one, someone who owned her heart. Some part of her knew she'd given it away willing this time. No questions. No insecurity. Tilney. Her other half. The one who picked her up and pasted her back together. She needed him now, wanted him to hold her and let her know that it was going to be okay. Where was he? At their home...their home that she'd escaped to and he'd found her again. Worlds edge. "Tilney..." she panted, eyes wide and crazed. There was no one around to hear her but she spoke anyway. Her voice was rough and dry, merely more than a whisper. "Edge."

Arah knew that someone else was missing. The one bonded to her soul but Wynter was gone and no where to be found. For the first time in years she would have to finish this journey by herself. Her family needed her and she had to get back to them because at this moment she also needed them.
Her daughter.
Her partner.
Yet her legs shook and she stumbled, weakened legs barely able to hold her weight. Each step that she took was harder than the one before, yet the doe was determined. "Maude...Edge...Help!" Her shout was barely above a whisper. Someone. Anyone.
Credit

@Toulouse @Aelfwine
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SAILOR

It was most likely out of sheer curiosity or boredom the Toulouse had wound up in the Heavenly Fields. While beautiful, it was probably the most useless place in all of Helovia. He took a number of steps across the meadow once he had reached the height of the (almost unclimable) ascent and then nearly turned around to walk home again. The fog was so thick that there was no view to see, and it really was all terribly underwhelming.
Looking up to the sky where supposedly the gods resided, Toulouse gave a great huff. This was the second time he had found himself in these fields and he couldn't imagine why he thought they would be any better than the last.

It was then, as he watched the sky for something, that he heard a faint cry. A gasp, a breath. Turning his nose, Toulouse gave a gasp of his own when he saw the cloud-coloured doe a mess in the heath. She appeared to have been there not only for weeks... but possibly months. The plants had begun to blanket her and shroud her. Entomb her.
Was she a god though? Was this one of the four?
Uon closeer inspection Toulouse noticed a fine wrack of antlers and the remains of an ivory pelt - not that it was ivory anymore. If this was a god or an angel, they had been ripped from the sky.

Stepping fourth with slinking, careful steps,  the sleuth approached. "Oh, By the gods" He uttered upon seeing her state. How was this woman alive? She was mortal it seemed, and not a deity or any sort. She wasn't quite ethereal enough for that.

Thoughts crossed his mind about how he could help her and how much effort it would take. She probably needed food and water, a healer most of all - all things he could not provide nor really cared to. This simply was not his problem. There was one easy solution - a kind strike to the cranium would do the trick and ensure it didn't become his problem, because it was becoming that way; it grew as his problem increasingly by the second.
He couldn't help but feel for the woman though; anyone would. Most of all though, he wondered who she was.
"Who are you?" was his whisper.

RICH MAN POOR MAN BEGGAR MAN THIEF

x

@Arah <3 yaaaay!!!
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it."

Her prayers had been answered. A face peered down at her, two eyes blinking at the courious sight the befell then. Staring back her own golden orbs blinked, stunned that one had finally come to her. How long had the doe waited, desperately waiting for someone to discover her. Once her fine irony coat would have been a stark contrast to the world around her but the muddied and mattered hairs were dull and filthy. "Oh." The doe's chops more formed the shape around the word then actually spoke it, the sound that escaped was breathless and raspy. Water. At this point she believed that water was essential to her survival. Perhaps that would pull her over the line towards surging this ordeal. "Please...my daughter" Begging the stranger to help her was the last strand, her last hope for returning to her family.

The steps he took towards her were painfully slow. Her half deranged mind wanted to hurry him, she was desperate. The other half kept her calm, her thoughts leaning towards accepting his shock and allowing him the time he needed in order to help her later. The doe was not in the best condition that she'd ever been in, in fact Arah believed that she looked as if she were clinging onto the very last strand of life. "Please." Arah begged again in her broken voice. "I beg of you." Water. My daughter. My partner. Home.

Who was she? The question confused her, causing her eyes to blink and brows to furrow in confusion. Later she would think on how she must have looked like a stunned small deer. "I...I'm Arah." Lungs burned she desperately tried to draw in enough breath in order to speak. "Please, The Edge. I need to get home." Manners was not on her mind, she did not ask who he was or thank him for at least showing some interest in her situation. There was not enough liquid in her body to produce tears, only a dry, hoarse cough.

Credit

@Toulouse
Typed on my phone so I apologise for any mistakes.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SAILOR

Like a wolf hung over a sheep Toulouse watched the crumpled mare in the heath, his pale eyes wandering over her ruined flesh and fading yellow eyes. How had she become like this? Arah of the Worlds Edge - a woman who belonged to his new home apparently. The name had come up before along with the Emissaries and that of the King's Son.

While she begged and prayed, Toulouse couldn't pitty her. She was mortal with deaths pale hands gripping her, its beady eyes watching her from through the trees and its vile voice calling to her. Why not just give in?
The night creature crooned downwards, his muzzle not far from her cheek. It was almost pleasant to hear her muffled cried, her weeping. "I know how to make you sleep" fell from his velveteen lips, which called to her with the same voice as death had.
Just one bite and it would be over; just one chomp with his fangs.

But she was from the Edge, An asset to his herd. Groaning, the gelding took a step away and considered an alternative course of action.  He could save her? But god, what on earth was in it for him?

It did not take the perlino to figure out a scenario, a plan that could possibly work out in his favour.
The gratitude of the King and Queen, and the entire herd was a most valuable thing. To kill her here and now would be a minor indulgence.
With a rumbling voice the lion man looked down upon the sheep and gave a grissly whisper "Pray that the wolves don't find you". And with that, he was off in the direction of home.
How long would it take him? He wasn't quite sure, but he would try to return with a search as soon as possible. He would run to alert the monarchs of Arahs location and that she was, in fact, alive.
"I will be back for you in a few days time, do try to hold on" was the beast's final cheer as he galloped across the skyscraping meadow.

RICH MAN POOR MAN BEGGAR MAN THIEF

x

@Arah
I guess she can reply to this? Im goign to post him at the edge now alerting everyone and we'll have them come looking for her now!
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD