the Rift

The Itch Of Boredom

Arion Posts: 11
Outcast atk: 6.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Goatfairy

HIS breath came in huge billows of icy fog. The air was so dreadfully cold here, even in mid-afternoon. Not that he actually minded. In Erithos the air had always embraced you, lulled you into comfort and happiness, while the sounds of the ocean assured you paradise had, indeed, been found. But here, one had to be awake. Alert. His entire body felt alive with every caress of the wind which surrounded him. Who could possibly want the numbness of a bland paradise in comparison to the beautiful, shocking brilliance of this option?  

It had been almost a year now since he'd last seen his sister...and watched his home burn from the inside out. The war was supposedly over now, according to the last merchant he'd encountered, but the area was still quite volatile. He bemoaned his absence and, therefore, his inability to fondle glory as he took control of the situation. Ok, well, at the very least least he'd have been able to secure a solid name for himself in the chaos of reconstruction.

But no, here he was chasing after a family member who he was fairly sure, at this point, didn't even want to be found. What kind of idiot runs over an entire continent before stopping? No one did that. Not unless they'd decided, halfway along their route, that they rather liked being away from their responsibilities. Now, that was something any slacker would do. A slacker just like his sister. As much as he loved Eldala , he couldn't begrudge her even an inch on the matter of her atrocious avoidance of executing her royal duties.

Arion looked down at his hooves, watching them crunch the dry mid-winter snow with the most satisfying of screechy sounds. The sun was out, at least, so perhaps he'd run into someone willing to let him know if they'd seen his sister here. The last time he'd gotten a tip she'd been long gone. Having left the shallows of his thoughts behind for the moment the fit stallion found himself surprised that he'd already reached the inner edge of the forest entry to this land. All the better, for even the laziest of couriers would be up and running about by now. His voice spoke brightly, charmingly, and without the fear of being unanswered,

"Hello."

Stock

Anyone can join, though I do need a Basiner to post if at all possible too so that I can avoid posting Eldala to this. I'd rather have him surprise her in his welcoming thread. =) So post away please!!! <3

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The low echo of the stallion’s anonymous greeting is easily heard by the blue mare, who is not standing far away. Raising her head from where she had been foraging through the snow for some light grazing, she glances around, expecting to see the stranger through the trees. Sapphire lips purse together when the frosty shadows yield no one—leaving the oceanic pair seemingly alone. Shifting her weight, the blue Mender leans a step forward in the general direction that the voice had come from, her dainty ears slanting intently forward. “Hello!?” Tiamat calls out confidently, sure that she had heard someone.

Whisking the length of her lion tail gently over the snow, she ambles forward, one ear rotating backwards when she feels the touch of her companion at her flank, while the other remains attentively perked. Sheltered as she is, the pretty maiden has no inhibitions pursuing a strange voice. She does not think of the dangers that might await her, or the black creatures that lay in wait for a naïve and helpless lamb like herself—if anything, her curiosity gets the better of her, as it often does.

The two have been lingering a lot around Helovia’s Threshold lately. Tiamat would like to believe that it is because of her desire to help others the way that Lena had helped her—to guide them towards the type of home and belonging that she has found (whether it is in the Basin for them or not). And, undoubtedly, that is mostly true. However, there is a small part of the ocean mare that harbors a poisonous thread of guilt—guilt for having let her herd down, for being so absent and uninvolved in their dealings. Tiamat seeks forgiveness now, doing all she can in her little power for her beloved herd family.

Today, like many others recently, fate has granted her mercy.

A stallion is soon distinguishable among the trees (so earthy is his coat, she might have missed him had she not been searching). “Hi there,” Tiamat offers a warm grin as she emerges from the woodland, “fancy meeting you here, stranger.” She teases him as though they are familiar friends rather than strangers, laughter in her voice and a twinkle in her eye. Extending her muzzle in a welcoming gesture, she settles comfortably in his company. “My name is Tiamat, and this is my companion, Nimue,” she gestures to the bashful Leviathan before dipping her horned brow, peering at him with bright eyes, “Are you by chance new to Helovia?”

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
From the deep sea of clouds, to the island of the moon,
carry me on the waves
to the lands I’ve never been,
never seen.

@Arion | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Goatfairy

WHAT was going on? The stallion turns about at the voice coming from his side. Seriously? He was grateful his face hadn't been spotted yet because it was the image of disappointment. All his toned muscles? His polished horn? All were lost on this one. The horse calling for him was, quite literally, mere steps from him and hadn't noticed his fabulous body...A mental scoff resounded through his skull. But, really, he couldn't fault her when her own hide was so dashingly vibrant against the monotone of this deep winter world. Her blue body fairly floats over the snow as she approaches him without the slightest inclination of apprehension. My, aren't you an astonishing little creature? The diplomat is quite intrigued.

The innocence emanated from her in the most delicate manner and it made him quirk his head to the side with an equally as lopsided smile as she dropped her corny joke. What a pleasant way to start one's time in a new country. "Well met Tiamat, and Nimue. My name is Arion." He nods politely to the whale floating at her side as if its not a source of confusion. Oh yes, we most certainly have floating whales gallivanting about the streets where we come from. I am also most certainly not gawking. No, indeed, that is just my face.

Ah, finally, she asks the golden question he seeks and his face lights up, excited to speak his purpose. "I am indeed new to this..uh Helovia! I've come here searching for my sister. She's pretty short, a little chunky around the edges, awkward, and takes excessive enjoyment in arts and crafts. I know it might be a bit of a long shot but her name is Eldala. Have you heard anything of her?" He flashes a charming, diplomatic smile and shifts his weight strategically with taught muscles. Perhaps, if he was charming and kind enough, she'd help out her new "stranger".

*semi-British accent* *short-speed-post-is-short*

Stock

@Tiamat

The skewed grin that warms the stallion’s expression puts the ocean mare at ease, her own cordiality seeming to feed off of his as the tilt of her lips softens. Of course, Tiamat strives to be a friend to all, no matter the situation, but it lifts her spirits to be in the company of someone who seems to be just as buoyant in their mood. “Arion,” she repeats thoughtfully once he has introduced himself, allowing the sounds to roll off her tongue, and familiarizing herself with the taste of his name, “a pleasure to meet you.” Another welcoming nod is offered, the brightness of her eyes never leaving his.

When he responds to her last inquiry, it is as though Tiamat’s expression mirrors the stallion’s. She lights up as excitement bubbles beneath her satin skin, dainty ears pressing attentively forward while she listens, the length of her lion tail swishing happily behind her. Not only is Arion new to Helovia, but he is also searching for someone—his sister! The Mender purses her lips for a short moment, carefully rummaging through her memories. It doesn’t take long for a kindling of recognition to illuminate her features.

“Eldala…yes! That name is familiar,” Tiamat nods to herself, her brow knitting together. “I’ll admit I don’t know her personally, but I do know of her. She is a Crafter for our herd; we live in the Aurora Basin—in the mountains up north,” with a gesture of her decorated horn, she motions to the snowy peaks that loom above them, a sight that is familiar and comforting for the ocean maiden. “It’s a beautiful place,” she continues with affection in her voice and a tender smile on her lips, because the Basin will always be close to her heart.

For her, there is no question as to whether or not she will help this charming man. Regardless of all of his charisma and dashing smiles, Tiamat would never turn down the opportunity to reunite a family, much less give him what she has found in the highland valley. Looking to Arion with a twinkle in her gaze, she gives him another crooked (nearly bashful) smile. “I can take you there, if you’d like?” The white wisps of her breath frame her features before disappearing, the child’s heart in her already expecting his answer.

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
carry me on the waves
never seen.

@Arion | image credits

Goatfairy

THE bespeckled stallion was rewarded for his proper behavior with a smile and increasing warmth from the enchanting mare. Perfect! The way she curves her head causes her forelock to fall in her eyes in the most adorable fashion. Ahh! Arion mentally exclaims. Her voice was also a cause for appreciation in how exquisitely it fell from her tongue. When she spoke it was as if he were watching early morning dewdrops falling from leaves in early spring.

The driven stallion paused, intrigued, for she had managed to sooth the itch of boredom which had been haunting him these many long months. For a mare like her he would topple mountains just to see her smile. Not strictly to serve his attraction to her but to preserve that likeable honesty and innocence. She seemed smart, motivated, and so very admirable that nothing should be in her way, ever.

Oh yes, his sister, Tiamat was nothing like either of his sisters so far(Refreshingly). Wait, no, that was why he was here in the first place. Upon hearing that his new friend knew of his sister he excitedly exclaimed, "Marvelous!". The gentle mare continued her words though and the stallion bit his tongue to remain respectfully silent until she'd finished her words. "What a fantastic happenstance it is that we met today then! I both rather enjoy the snow and fancy being able to see my sister again. You may lead the way, fair Tiamat, to the Northern Lands of the Aurora Basin." His smile was decidedly pleased and happy. No need to be short or cut her off, she'd gotten straight to the point and been perfectly clear. For at least the fifth time that day he marveled at how wonderfully everything had turned out so far. As far as patterns go, it was a decidedly auspicious beginning to his time in this Helovia. "Oh, and I'm uncertain if you're in need of any soldiers or squad chiefs but I am quite the seasoned fighter and strategist if so!" he calls to her as they move off. Best to get in your plugs where you could.

*Enchanted Arion is Enchanted, Enchanted? Why yes!*

Stock

The ocean mare finds herself giggling at the man’s display of excitement, his delight obvious in not only his exclamations, but his entire demeanor as well. She shakes her dainty head while her eyes shine, the shells in her hair chiming against one another as they move. “The world can be such a small place, can’t it?” She muses between them. This simple fact has been a recurring one for her lately—as vast and unknown as the world can be sometimes, in the company of friends, it hardly seems daunting. Time and time again, she has been reminded that they are never truly alone (if only such a lesson weren’t so easily forgotten when the dark shadows of isolation bear heavily down).

Exhaling softly from her nostrils, Tiamat angles her body due North, gesturing over her shoulder towards the earthy stallion. “Follow me then, my good sir!” She crows with pleasure, extending a cloven hoof in the first step of their journey. However, when Arion speaks again, she slows in her advance. Quirking an ear in his direction, she looks back at him with one side of her brow raised quizzically. “Squad chiefs?” She teases his choice of words, pretending to be puzzled by the foreign title before her features soften playfully.

“I’m sure the Basin is always in need of some extra support, but I honestly don’t know. You’d have to ask one of our leaders—I’ll point you in their direction when we arrive. I’m a healer myself,” the ocean mare beams proudly, forever honored by her rank as a Time Mender, “So I don’t know very much about the warrior ranks.” She chews on her bottom lip briefly, somewhat embarrassed by her lack of knowledge (a feeling she is not entirely familiar with, what with her hunger to learn, but when it comes to the violence of war, she finds herself instinctively shying away). Brushing it off as best she can, Tiamat grins again, calling to resume their travels.

notes; Nimue reference
“Speech.”
carry me on the waves
never seen.

@Arion | image credits