[OPEN] Search Party

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it.

"Pray that the wolves don't find you".

The eyes, the chops. They blurred in her memories. Her vision was clouded and confused. Then he had turned, off towards what she assumed was the direction of World's Edge. Home. Her daughter. Her partner. Hope was all that had kept her alive these past few days as she watched him gallop away with little more than a "I will be back for you in a few days time, do try to hold on". Hold on she did, after all she did not have any other choice than to continue. The only other option was death.

A cough sounded like her death, she could only hope that the stallion would be back soon. If there was any fluids left is her body she would have cried, cried because of the physical pain and the emotional. Half of her was still missing, half that she did not believe would be found in the Edge. It had taken her a few days to find out what was missing from her soul - her companion. The griffin was not dead, that was all the doe was sure of.

"Wynter." She crooned softly, half crazed to the skies. Her voice was none existent, barely more than a rasped whisper. Perhaps it would just be best to call to the wolves, let them devour her and remove her last failures from the world's history. It would certainly be a kinder fate than trying to return to a daughter who would not know her and lover who no doubt forgotten her. But she could not, a part of her, albeit small, still was fighting to survive and return to her family.

"Pray that the wolves don't find you". "They won't."

"Pray that the wolves don't find you". "They won't."

There the doe waited, singing her little song with a cracked voice that quieted with every sound. Because the wolves would not find her today.

"They won't."
Credit

@Tilney @Maude @Raeden @Laume & Open.
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney and Arah

☀︎  ☾

The great chestnut had hardly given a word to the searchers, not one the whole trek to the Heavenly Fields. The treacherous journey which was possibly only meant to be embarked upon by the winged creatures of this land were fewer in this team unfortunately, and so the single-file line clambered up the cliff-side, all hopeful they would meet the plateau.
Tilney had demanded Toulouse lead, however, (it was probably the only thing he had said) despite the palominos hesitation to even come. How on earth were they going to find Arah if he didn't show them where he had found her? And so, with his ashen snout up the snakish geldings proverbial, they trudged up the mountain.

It was when they finally reached the tableland that Tilneys heart truly began to thud. Arah was here. After so many months of searching, cursing her name for leaving him, she had always been here.
She had never left him,
And she was alive.
Craning his head over the foggy landscape, Tilney knew sound would find it hard to travel here - it would just bounce off the fog and spill right over the edge of the mountain. If he shouted would he hear her? if she shouted back would he hear him?
Anything was worth a try.

"Arah!" Tilney began, letting his voice carry all his breath into the open with one huge shout. "Aaaaaraaaaaaaah!" was his next call, this time louder and longer than the first.

His mind had lost the group, he forgot he was followed by a faithful flock come to help find her. Flicking his hooves up and out of the grass, he leapt into the heath and began at a bounding canter across the field. "It's me!" the man cried desperately, then stopping after a hefty number of strides to pause and listen for a response.
Please be here, please be okay.

@Aelfwine @Maude @Raeden @Laume

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

It was a quiet journey, probably the first one that Aelfwine was alright with. Usually, she enjoyed banter and simple minded chatting while meandering from place to place, but this was serious. All she could think of was how hurt poor Arah was. Was she bleeding, cut in two, dying? Nobody was quite sure, and Toulouse had been rather reluctant to join them, but once it had all begun, her main priority was Maude. She tried to keep an eye on the ivory princess, while Tilney rampaged ahead. She didn’t blame the man, however. She understood his dire need, but she also understood that Maude was young and fragile. She needed protection. Aelfwine would do that while Tilney sought out everything ahead.

When they finally made it to the land, Tilney began to run. Immediately, Aelfwine began to kind of try and nudge Maude to search in the same direction she was, but without waiting, she bounded off in a different direction from her beloved brother. “ARAH!” She screamed into the many different voices, pausing in her cloven heels to await a response if she was in the right direction. She headed left of where Tilney was, aiming for the edges of this land from the first time she had visited this place. It was wide, vast, and full of many tricky things. She only hoped that Arah wasn’t too badly hurt.

Her heart raced and thudded against her chest as her emerald eyes danced around the world. Her hooves stretched across the grasses, sharp as blades with thin layers of ice forming. Her head swiveled around in a desperate search for Maude’s location as well. It wouldn’t do any good to have both Arah and Maude missing. She huffed in her frustrations, a puff of cloud dispersing from her lips as she sought the child.

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

Mentions @Maude (hope you dont mind bunnie, but I can change it if so!<3)

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

It seemed that the gentlemen were leading the venture, like true knights of legend, and Maude was happy to let her father play the role, as happy as she was to let the other pretty, tall stranger (though she would gladly admit she loved one of the knights far more than she did the other).

Though she surely was tired, already used to long hours of reverie and drowsing in and out of true sleep during the evening hours in the safe quiet of their root-ceilinged den, the mere thought of getting to see her mother’s beautiful face again kept her hooves moving. She only occasionally had to trot to keep up to Aelfwine’s graceful, easy pace, glad that she had her Auntie to venture with, as her father seemed intent on marching at maximum velocity to the meadow. While it had been fun to mimic his soldier’s swiftness, at first, her tiny hooves stamping and prancing in an exaggerated soldier’s march, the creamy darling had quickly realized that she would not make it very far if she kept on like that. So, instead, she had settled into a more somber (and easy going) pace, occasionally talking just to avoid the thoughts of something horrible having happened to her mother, or to pass by the time as the quartet tarried on.

"It’s awfully chilly tonight," is one such interjection, aired with a frosty puff of breath, her eyes immediately widening as she realizes some of the implications of such a statement; looking over at her Auntie with a vast amount of adventurer’s pride (and childish hope that Aelfwine won’t begin to fret over her now, like daddy might), she quickly adds, "not that I’m cold, it just is. How long does winter last, usually, anyway?"

Maude may never get to know, but that's okay, as the plateau reaches its pinnacle, and the most beautiful field she has ever beheld arrives into view; her breath is caught in her throat at the majestic sight of it all, and her father is dashing out into the silvery, moonlight coated haven, his voice calling out over the bending fronds of perfect grass. Soon, she and Aelfwine are moving across this blissful, frost coated wonderland, too, the inches of snow nestled about the reaching vegetation crunching beneath their hurrying hooves.

Arah! Calls her Auntie, and her father.

"Momma!" the ginger kissed maiden cries into the night, her citrine eyes searching for the pale figure of her mother, nestled somewhere in this perfect place, if the pale man was as truthful as Aelfwine had insisted, "mooooommaaaaa!"

[ OOC: IDK WHO TO TAG D: cries quietly ]

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

She heard the cries of the small child flying around on butterfly wings. Teal eyes could not see her, but god damn she hear her. The child was awfully clumsy, and she ran right into her. Raeden chuckled lightly and nudged the child to find Tembovu. She watched the "Moon doctor" run off, and the others followed behind him. The mare sighed slightly looking over to Tin. Bright green eyes brightened at the thought of excitement and adventure. Then the two took off into an elegant canter behind the others. Her cream hooves beat against the snow covered ground. Her long mane and tail flew softly behind her and tresses floated in the soft breeze. Teal eyes kept a look out in case the mare was down anywhere on their path to the so-called spotting area.

Once in the field everyone scattered across the land. They started screaming out her name and running all about like a mad house. Her head shook as she began walking about. Tin ran in front of the others leaping and jumping through the tall grass. His elegant figure leaped in the moon, and his bright eyes were sharper than his bonded. Strides lengthened as he searched and searched, then there was something out of the ordinary. Tin came to a halt as his bright green eyes caught a patch of grass that was pushed down. Tiling the intricate crown he happily jumped towards the odd area of land. Cloven hooves gracefully landed on the ground below before jumping forward again and again. Then he found himself face to face with an antlered lady. His small heavy skull lowered to nudge her. He was going to reassure her help was here. Found her follow my scent He also flashed images into Raedens mind of what the location looked like. She got the message immediately and took off into a gallop towards the woman. Following the scent of her companion, she found the woman, the one the moon doctor was fretting over.

Lowering her honey covered skull she smiled to the woman. "It is okay, we will get you home. You are safe now Arah." Her pale gold skull shot up to look around for the others. "Tiin found her!! Over here!" Her voice roared over the land informing the others of her find. A sigh came from her maw looking upon the mare. She was in rough shape, her body was thin, her breathing seemed shallow. The girl looked like she was ready to give up. Raeden nudged her "Please stay with me, let me help you." The pale specter was not going to let Arah fall into the black hole of death. Her eyes shut and she lowered her horn to touch the mare's skull. A flash of bright light filled the field. It was blinding and brighter than lightning, but it was only for a second or two. When it was over the air smelled of fresh rain and her silver-flecked eyes opened. If the others could not find her, they should be able to now. "I purified your body, and I hope it helps you feel better. Any infection, virus, or something that should not be there should be gone now. " A weak smile came to her maw now "How do you feel? I am sure a real doctor still needs to heal you."

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Arah @Tilney

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

LAUME  had giggled softly as she bumped into the pretty RaeRae. . "This way!" she'd said as she'd led the mare to the others. She'd been so confident and strong...but tired...as the others had led the way to this strange, new place. Now that she was here she was a mixture of feeling out of place and yet still worried for her teacher. Teacher had been one of the few to pay attention to her as well as RaeRae and Alyss. She hung back near the loudly yelling group, watching, until she noticed the shape-which-was-RaeRae bend over a ways away. ""Hey, guys! Over here. RaeRae found her!" Yelled her voice in unison with RaeRae's own voice. Well, she supposed she wasn't needed to herald everything. She bounced over towards the pair but still stayed well out of anyone's way this time, she didn't want lose any more wing-dust coating than she already had. It wasn't that she could see perfectly but, as any horse with decent sight could, she was still more than capable of finding her way. She knew she was only partially allowed here as a tagalong anyways. But 'Rah looked kinda scary bad. RaeRae was smart and strong though and she used her bright light again to help Teacher

All the words and all the effort, she hoped they'd all be ok. All of the horses here were among her more favorites and though she'd just met Maude she was learning to like her too. If anyone deserved things to work out right as rain it was them. She plops her butt down in a relatively less-snowy patch well out of the way to watch and wait. If Tilney or anyone needed help with anything she'd run right to it but for now all she could do was watch and wait with bated breath.

OOC: Not sure who to tag for this yet but whewt post(Short as it may be) is up! =p

"words words"

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse

As they neared the summit of that miserable climb, Toulouse found himself praying that the wolves had not found that sweet thing in the meadow. What price would they put on his head if they had?
When his face and eyes broke free of the fog he searched quickly for hiding places, escape routes - a sewer escape out. Like a rat from flames, he would flee if this was to go south.

The scolds from the chestnut man had hardly bruised him, if anything they had warmed his bones and caused his onyx heart to giggle at the doctors overwhelming prowess. Oh how Toulouse had trembled in the Evesbane's presence - Tilney was, truly, a mighty presence to behold and withstand; to the point that merely existing within a certain diameter of the chestnut god was so overwhelming it could induce crying.
Just thinking these follies and teasings had caused a smirk to grown on Toulouse's maw. How ridiculous the meadow maidens lover appeared to him, though at least the wretched thing wasn't as vain as he had imagined him just now.
Panicked and pure was Tilney, frolicking through the meadow and giving screeches and speeches as if his pride had been the only thing hurt during his lovers' disappearance.

Thank the gods Toulouse had not been made into that man; so petty and disgustingly hopefuly. The snake they had created in him was not much better however.

The parseltongue made his way across the meadow, figuring he should at least attempt to look like he cared. In reality, he did want to find Arah alive because that likely meant keeping his cosy cave and his skin (among other things). It was when the Specters call rang out, the one they called Raeden, (his superior... apparently)  that his curled ears pricked and his pace actually turned from that of a snail's to that of a horse's. Trudging through flower and field the snake made his way to the exact spot he had recalled the antlered woman being when he had found her days ago.

"Our prayers have been answered"
was his calm cheer, flanking the group to take his place away from the growing crowd.

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney and Arah

☀︎  ☾

His cheers through the fog felt completely in vain. No matter how many times he called, he expected her to whimper right back or come running out of the fog towards him, and if she didn't he expected to find her limp, lifeless body sprawled beneath the godlit sky.
They said the Heavenly fields was the place one could be the closest to the gods in their realm - why did they not protect Arah? There was no way the darling doe could of done any harm.
Whatever harm had come to the one he loved would surely of been out of a mistake or born of pure evil, not earned or in return for any kind of evil deed of her own. She was pure love and purity in itself, and to him she was life. She was Aiya and she was cuil.

The stags calls grew more frantic. It was if he was calling up to heaven for her to come back, for now, he could only assume that was where she was. She had crossed over, she had been taken.
Maude's bleats and those of the one who shared his blood gave him a sense of hope, but it soon passed. As his cloven hooves took him further into the fog, the grasses, His calls became screams for her. Perhaps now he was demanding she return.

Hey, guys! Over here-

-found her!

It was with a gasp that Tilneys calls ceased, his glazed, wide eyes reeling around to where the winged one had bleated from. It wasn't far away, not far away at all where he saw the stained ivory that belonged to his love. Her antlers rose high from the depths of the field which while stained still looked like a crown.
The doctor was speechless and breathless as he approached, bounding towards her and ignoring any gathering. "Arah" he cried upon arriving at her side, dropping to his knees and hocks beside her. "Cin guin" he sobbed upon hearing her heartbeat, breaths and gasps of her own.
Tilney hardly hesistated to summon his gift from Mother moon, his neck enveloping hers as the black vapor enveloped his love.

Cin Guin - you live

Arah will post next, it'll skip tilney, then go for it in the post order of last round. We had to make some adjustments to the posting order because Raeden found Arah in her post which was not the plan.
(Arah, Aelf, Maude, Raeden, Laume, Toulouse, Tilney is the new order)

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it.

There screams did not register to her, it was noise that softened into the background.
That was all she could hear.

Was this creature a wolf? In truth the doe could not remember what made a wolf. The bizarre creature peered at her and she started back, too preoccupied with the sight in front of her to even consider him to be a companion of another. She stared until hoof beats filled her ears, a sound that she'd been eagerly awaiting.
Turing her gaze away from the creature Arah looked to a painted lady who smiled down at her, the words did not make much sense to the doe. All she could wonder was if a wolf lurked under the pretty coat. Would teeth protrude from between the teeth? Claws suddenly spring from beneath the hooves? There would be no point in asking the woman who she was or if indeed she was a wolf.

Safe? The doe blinked again in an attempt to clear her vision. How could she be safe?

As the pale lady screamed for help, Arah allowed her eyes to drift closed, the darkness called her name. Her shallow breathing continued to wheeze shakily.
In.
Pause.
Out.

The painted lady nudged her. Her eyes fluttered as the woman begged her to stay with her, consciousness returning. Although, lately, such a state had been fleeting.The doe did not argue the woman's words, knowing that if Wynter where here she'd tell Arah to estel. Her companion's thoughts in her mind cleared her thoughts and she blinked, looking up at the the pale mare clearly for the first time. It t'was only for a moment, the pale mare shut her eyes as she lowered her horn to touch the doe's skull. A flash of bright light filled the field, blinding Arah, until the white flash began to fade from her vision. It was blinding and brighter than lightning, but it was only for a second or two, then it simply was gone as if it had never existed. When it was over the air smelled of fresh rain, Arah's favourite scent in the world. It made her heart ache, her heart pound in her hears. Indeed Arah did fell better. Her body did not feel as weak as it had before and her hunger suddenly returned like a raging beast, desperate to feed. Yet she was still no where near healed enough to travel home. The doe knew that only Tilney could help her through this ordeal. Swallowing she cleared her throat, "Better, thank you." Her voice was weak, nearly more than a whisper, "I need..." there was a crashing and finally the chestnut coat of her partner came into view. His green eyes wide with panic, eyes that held her. "Tilney." The doe finished with a trembling voice as the stag finally reached her.

There was barely a moment that Tilney did not hold her attention, yet her eyes did move the the one that had found her. His last words still haunted her, playing over and over in her head, Not even Tilley's presence could quite chase away the words.

They won't.

They won't.

The Moon Doctor had dropped to his knees beside her and now she snuggled into his embrace. Inhaling the familiar scent, soaking in his warmth. Everything about him she knew so well, everything was home. It still didn't matter where they lived, it was her other half that was truly her home. The doe gave a half defeated chuckle at his words, not knowing how she was still here, or why the gods had seen fit to spare her. "Im guin-", she agreed, nodding into his chest. If only just. She knew the feeling of her body healing was something she still needed to get used too. Yet her body grew stronger, her stomach rolled and her eyes grew brighter. The breath that came easy shocked her, filling her body with precious oxygen. Strength, though only a little, returned to her limbs. Remaining in Tilley's embrace she sighed contently. Only then a spasm crossed through her chest, her selfishness, there was someone more important. "Darth-," She pulled back with a sniffle, "na- Maude hi?" Was she still at the Edge? Waiting for her to return? The doe needed to get home, needed to see her daughter. "Bar. Carrui nin bar." Arah prayed Tilney would understand, would knew that she needed to see her daughter.

estel - Trust.
Im guin- - I live.
Darth-, na- Maude hi? - Wait, is Maude here?
Bar. Carrui nin bar. - Home. Carry me home.

@Aelfwine
Credit
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

Much to the dapple woman’s delight, her niece had stayed right by her side. Wild eyes frantically scaled the area for both the child and her friend, landing with relief on the caramel pearlescent child. Her voice rang high into the air, and Aelfwine continued to call out for the beautiful woman she had known as a friend so many years ago. Standing beside Maude, her head lifted high and nose pointed toward the sky above, she tried to use her sense of smell in regards to finding Arah. However, pale ears perked up and forward as Raeden (a woman whom she hadn’t met yet, but was supposedly her superior) rang out the call that she found the missing piece of her family.

Her footsteps picked up, knowing that if Maude wasn’t on the dappled mare’s heels, that she was far ahead of her running in search of finding her beloved mother. However, when Aelfwine arrived, there was that same painted filly with butterfly wings from before, and Toulouse as he cheered. Immediately, Aelfwine stepped to the gilded man’s side, offering him a relieved smile of thanks as Tilney bent down toward his mate. Should Toulouse allow it, Aelfwine aimed to press her side into his thankfully, a gentle gesture as her emerald gaze sought the mint ones he bore.

When Arah began to speak, Aelfwine’s antlered head craned down toward her. Her brows furrowing together as she nodded. “We will carry you home, Arah.” Came her breathless voice, reaching across the small crevice from where all the bodies were huddled. Perhaps others may not understand the language they spoke, but Aelfwine knew what it meant. She had grown up practicing the language with Tilney, that it only came natural for her to be able to respond to the woman. After that, she turned her head to thank Toulouse once again for being correct in the area where the ivory doe had been hidden all this time. Then, she prepared herself to help Tilney get Arah back home, safe and sound.

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

@Maude is next I believe!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu & Mwebene
The King had been unable to find another healer—though he had tried. And, instead, had bundled a random assortment of herbs (some he knew to be helpful, others he merely hoped) in a spare piece of cloth. Mbwene trumped at him to Go, while she folded the cloth in on itself and wrapped it in her trunk. She would be shortly behind him.

So he took off at a gallop, navy eyes watching the earth for the tracks of others that would lead them after the group of saviors that sought to save Arah. His mind flash through the memories he had of the beautiful, delicate woman: finding her broken at the Edge’s borders with Mauja, becoming enraptured with her beauty, finally finding happiness that she found love with Tilney, sending her to scour the cliffs free of feces, birthing Maude. Though he did not wish ill on any family, he found himself preparing to bargain with their patron goddesss on Arah’s behalf, if need be.

But, as his long strides pounded tirelessly, carrying him up the steep incline to the Heavenly Fields (his neck was soaked through with sweat that iced in the cold air), he found himself far too late. Not in a malignant sense—but in a sense that his presence and Mbwene’s sack-of-herbs were no longer needed. Still, the little elephant (huffing so hard from her climb up the mountain that each breath was a soft trumpet) tottered forward and promptly dropped her knapsack of herbs. She nearly collapsed on top of it, but instead plopped on her haunches and tried to catch her breath.

The Elephant, however, moved forward, his eyes skimming the group. Many were gathered: Laume, Raeden, Tin, Aelfwine. Naturally Tilney hovered over and held Arah—though Maude was not quite yet present. His brow wrinkled in concern, if Arah was as close to death’s door as the spy from Dorobo claimed, then her daughter should be here, (—just in case—). Quiet, Mbwene’s exhausted voice hushed such dark, sad thoughts from the King’s mind.

“I can carry her,” his deep voice rumbled, breaking off as he become immobile and slowly morphed into his elephantine body. His trunk curled relfexlivy as he finished his transformation, the same navy eyes looking out at Arah and Tilney from his now-wrinkled, grey face.
credit

@Maude next! Sorry I'm/he's late! Tembo turned into an elephant and can carry/help carry Arah home!

Please tag Tembovu.

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

She was not far.

In fact, she was close, tucked into the frigid grass that had, only moments before, seemed wonderful, and the stuff of fairytales. Now, the sparkle of the midnight frost was lost on the horrible, horrible scenario which was laid out before her. So, while the others flood in to help her gaunt, terribly ill momma, Maude can only stare from a distance which, for no logical reason at all, might spare her from what she sees.

This is not a small cut, or the wet ground and weary mother of an easy birth. This is not easily mended with magic, or herbs; even a child as wreathed in joy and innocence as Maude knows this.

About her, that radiance flutters. Her mouth draws into a pained frown, her green eyes wide with an unspeakable fear. Dark, cold as if she’d swallowed snow, it sinks into her belly and slowly sloshes about, and, though she bids her hooves to take her closer, to help, she can’t make them move. For all her wishes to do anything to make this horrible situation better, all the maiden can manage is to stare, and continuously swallow back the tears of love and panic which well again and again in her eyes.

“Darth- na- Maude hi?” wearily croaks her dam from the ground, breaking the spell that holds the girl to the earth. The cream and ginger darling is so distraught, she doesn’t even notice that it’s not Common Arah is speaking, forgets to pretend to be confused, because she is being asked for, and all the future times she might eavesdrop on her parents whispering of how much they loved her in a tongue she pretended to not understand are cast away, all for the love a daughter has for her mother.

"I’m here, momma!" chokingly whimpers the babe as she dashes forward, passed the King and his Mbwene without a curtsy or bow in a flurry of milky white and ruddy edges. Dropping onto her knees and throwing her face against her slender mother’s neck (horrified by the boniness of her normally comfortably soft side), the child lets Arah’s coat swallow up her tears for a while, before rising to let the others help her mother up (and hopefully, home).

"I’ll be right here while we are on the way home, don’t worry," she bravely promises with a bob of her muzzle, her gaze still streaked with tears.

how to be brave
how to love when I'm afraid

Image by Araxel@DA

@Raeden
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

Tins bright green eyes looked down to the woman and after the light was gone he tilted his heavy skull. Raeden did all she could do for her and teal eyes looked worried for the Moon Doctor. The woman said she felt better fro her magic, but she still was pretty beat up. Tilney came and dropped to his knees. The pale gold specter backed away from the pair to give them space. Then the others came, they flooded around her and bright silver flecks looked to each one. Some she knew, others she did not. The pair lingered towards the back of the group. The group seemed like they had such a strong connection, and then there was Raeden. Her soft muzzle nudged the butterfly like child towards her so everyone else can gather around the woman. "Come stay over here with me, they must get her home." Her soft voice rung through the air as she watched the approaching figure of her King. He paused for a moment looking at the woman. Her pale brow furrowed wondering what he was thinking.

Eyes peered around looking too the man who spoke last. He did not seem to be a real man, something was missing. There was something deep within him that made Raeden wonder but now was not the time. She watched as the king transformed into a large elephant to help carry Arah. She remained quite. The woman would help if need be, but it seemed like everyone on their mother was out here. Teal eyes flicked away and looked around the surroundings, then she backed further away. She felt like no one needed her here. The Specter grew into the shadows like she was accustomed to. Being in the place where no one could see her, but she was there. Maybe that is why specters never got real credit for their jobs. Because people never see them so they assume they are not around. A huff came quietly from her maw as she waited for the group to decide what to do next.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Laume

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

LAUME  felt rather out of place the moment the whole scene hit full tilt. The sniffles, the worry, the healing.   "Whew." mutters the fae child as everyone rushes past. She doesn't feel particularly as if she should rush forward to offer any help and so stays on the fringes of things.

It was strange to see family interactions and how horses should be acting. It had been a while since the fae child had seen such things. She felt somewhat better and somewhat worse after leaving her mother behind and this was mixing her feelings even more. Should she leave or stay and try to help some way? Uncertain, she begins to back away until she spots the tearful Maude. The butterfly pauses for a moment. Her head turns to look at the girl so clearly worried for her mother and she's jealous for a moment but then the next she's not. If she had a mother who loved her and whom she loved that much then seeing her like Maude was seeing her mom now would be horrible!

Laume quietly steps forward until she's next to the filly and then gives her a small shoulder bump with a tentative smile. "Don't worry, Maude! Everything will be ok. All the grownups here are the best and will make sure your mom is safe." Her voice is soft but holds much conviction. These all were truly her favorite grownups...(Well, minus the Girly Slenderman of course..she didn't know him.) She hoped the girl wasn't too upset with her for talking or that she'd be angry. She really just wanted to help with the whole thing if she could.

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)

@Toulouse
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-