the Rift

[OPEN] How To Be A Good Hitchhiker{Hatching!}

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

BRIGHT blue eyes alight on the decaying Sentinels with relief. Eldala's legs ached from all the walking she'd done in the past few days. She'd taken the long trek down to the Dragon's Throat through the Thistle Meadow. Then, of course, she'd gotten lost again and ended up back at the very spot she'd met Ivezho, the Ancient Rotunda. That had been weird. Interesting, but weird, and the entire event had left her with more questions than answers.

But here she was, finally, returned to the insulated comfort of her quiet home. The short mare trudged onward, nodding as she passed the sentinels, with her sights set on a scraggly looking spruce up ahead. Scraggly, it may be, but the shelter it provided from the gently falling snow was still superb. A huff of breath leaves her body in a fog when she drops her load of palms for a stretch and a rest. /Ugh, my back is sooo sore. Those palms are decepti-/ Her thought was cut short by a curious thing nestled in with the palms.

The moment the terrene mare dropped her nose to the thing it began to wiggle and fell out from its nest in her palm fronds. Alarmed, she pranced back with a true Arabian snort. The cracking began with a small snap and so Eldala dropped her nose to it again, sniffing loudly. It didn't smell like a bird in there though, it smelled like something- odd. Then a hoof poked out, hitting her nose. "Hngph, ouch!" Her eyes looked at the thing skeptically. /What in the ACTUAL fuck?/

She didn't need to wait long before the inhabitant of the egg extricated itself from its egg-womb and unceremoniously plopped onto the ground. Huge, round infant eyes locked with hers and she felt an enormous crack in her brain open up. It was a mixture of pain and happiness which washed over her and, suddenly, she knew this creature was a part of her soul. /Oh, is this what companions are?/    She smiles at the thing's big eyes but he (For he was a he, she knew now) just stared back for an uncomfortably long moment until, quite suddenly, he let out an echoing "Maaaa--aaaaa"  /Shit, gods, he's crying. What do I do?/

"Maaaaa-aaaaa. Maaa-aaa. Maaaaaa!" Came the loud bleats. Eldala moved to lick his body off, fluffing the baby's coat, but the bleats continued. What did baby goats eat? /Well, this is quite the predicament, little Capro./

"Maaaaaaaaa!"

"Words

(Open to all! Anyone who wants to come get jumped on, played with, or help Eldala learn what to do is very welcome! =) ) *Edit: using my normal companion pass for this

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△