[OPEN] searching for the sun

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Look at the stars,
see how they shine for you
Time fell away.

It slipped past silken fingertips in silence, not daring to disturb the atmosphere that moved on around them. Day and night--there was no longer any difference. To them it was merely missed opportunities and proof that she wasn't ready. To them it meant a continued absence; a loss of pieces of herself that were already so far out of reach. It was a stain on her memory that would never be removed, a gaping hole in her timeline that could never be filled.

Time sat heavy on her heart.

She wasn't ready. The great desert sands that bled orange and red and yellow greeted her and she repaid its kindness by turning tail and walking the way she came. That great bridge she stood upon, shimmering it's same color, lay in a waste behind her--a waste her to and her to it after all was said and done. And even then such little words were exchanged that she was sure it had been a waste for Essetia too.
And since then, her final goal had died with him. With the one Elsa told her to find. Gaucho. And now she could never go back. She could never get him back.

She has heard the whisperings. The entire land had outright shifted and changed as old legends died and new ones were born. She shared short conversations with those she passed; yet distance was always kept between her and the horned. Torleik came to mind every time, his genuine concern for something she couldn't remember the meaning behind. But he was different, and somehow she knew they once shared a connected past despite her memories that were buried deep beneath the earth. She wondered--would she ever run across him again?

Would she ever see anyone again?

The desire to be kept hidden in the arms of the forest called to her greater than any other thought. But she knew if she was to move on, if she was to make something of herself, she couldn't oblige. She had to be like she was years ago, a foal lost to the world who had enough heart to survive.
She would survive.
CREDIT

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

There was much to explore, fill his head with things and findings. He would have never admitted to the thought that he was actually running, always running away from the things that haunt him. Cassius wanted to believe in new beginnings. That people could change despite their vices, regrets, lost opportunities.

For the first time since his arrival to Helovia, he moved past the Basin’s sentinels with a curious glance, and he was off. To nowhere, to somewhere new for his senses to devour with intrigue. Or perhaps he merely hoped, wished to absorb it for the sake of filling his restless soul. Attempting to sate, calm and ease his mind of this idea of new beginnings.

He trotted along, an easy cadence for which he fell easily into. Rolling, warmed muscles that rippled underneath his ashen coat. And a quiet, melodic tune wrapped beside him. When he worked as a laborer, songs pushed him through the longest hours and the toughest jobs. Tunes that remained without words, or those that had ingrained themselves upon his mind…

And he sang then as he approached the warmer coast. His soul elevated by the dips and rolls of his own voice echoing out beyond. Careless, as it furled on without lyrics to fill in their hummed vibrations.

Cassius could make out the smell of an ocean, the squawk of gulls nearby. A charming smile fell upon his face, his head held high, picking up his pace.

Until-

He saw her there, in the woods. Shimmering gold and dark night, appearing lost. From within or outside, he couldn’t quite tell when he first saw her. The stallions feathered limbs slowed into a walk. She was anything but natural, compared to the frosted flora and the bowing trees. It was hard not to notice, when the muted tones of frostfall was all that remained.

With interest blooming within his mind, he approached the mare with a warm whinny. A soft smile followed the casual greetings. “Hello there.”

What might he say?

Cassius hadn’t thought that far ahead yet. “Enjoying Frostfall?” He paused; perhaps he should introduce himself? That’s what normal people did, wasn’t it?

“I know I am, heh… sort of.” He relented with a lopsided grin. “Name’s Cassius. I hail from the Aurora Basin. I was just one my way to explore. Uhm… are you looking for something?”

He tilted his head, and wondered quietly why he’d asked such a thing. He was so new, that he probably wouldn’t have an answer for her. And in essence, he was no help at all.

What a shame that would be.

@Serenity

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She had seen that look before on her own face once. It was when she was thinking about if she would ever belong to any place again. Her heart had been broken and bruised, her mind not really faring well in those times of sorrow. Honestly her entire life had been a blur after Laume had been born. She didn't know where the girl was right now, perhaps trailing behind somewhere, or maybe looking for her once more at their precious thicket. The one that Myrrine didn't even remember anymore. Shaking those thoughts from her mind she made the decision to approach the golden mare, because she knew she had wanted company when she felt so alone. What stopped her in her tracks was the approach of another, causing hazel eyes to widen in worry.

Lately Myrrine had been okay with one on one conversations, but when it came to adding two or three more to the cluster; she was suddenly wary. Her once cheery disposition and desire to make friends with anyone had all but vanished the day she couldn't afford such a luxury anymore, and because of this was rather reluctant to continue with her approach. Yet she was always within about 20 feet of the duo, making it very easy for her to be noticed. Especially with the butterfly wings perched upon her back. Deciding that it would be better to save face by toughing out an awkward encounter, she moved closer, dipping her head politely to both of them.

"Pardon my intrusion on your conversation; it seems that we are all in search of some company today," she murmured, dipping her head politely as a greeting. Her black lips offered the kindest of smiles, even though inside her heart was thrumming anxiously like a trapped bird against her ribcage. She looked at the both of them, hearing an introduction from the masculine stallion first that caused her smile to slightly widen. It was as if he was uncertain, unable to decide where to begin in this conversation he must have accidentally stumbled upon. It was endearing to her, and she couldn't help but feel slightly more warmth towards the stranger than previously. She suppose she was always a sucker for the innocent shy guys. Wait, what? She blinked, mentally shaking her head as she dearly hoped that a blush hadn't appeared on her features as she attempted to remain calm.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Cassius, my name is Myrrine. It's a pleasure to meet you as well Miss, may I please ask your name?" this was the Myrrine everyone, including herself, was used to. The one that said such eloquent things with nothing but politeness, always full of smiles that brought them onto others faces as well. The one who was so sincere and genuine in everything she did that it was hard not to like her. Yes, this was the mask that Myrrine so comfortably wore, because the girl who acted that way without force was gone now. Never to be seen again.

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

OOC: Yooo hate to be a downer with this post lol. Also tagging @Laume just in case she wants to follow her mama. @Serenity @Cassius
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Avis
Look at the stars,
My, how Helovia loved to taunt her.

In her solitude she was bogged down by the images of the only past she could remember; her body the burning star stolen from the skies alongside her parents. The cruelty of enslavement, the harshness of the unicorns that took in the winged like her and stripped them of their flight, of their freedom. She had sacrificed so much, but she had only lost one thing long after her escape and recovery--her dignity. Her ability to say that she knew those who knew her, that her achievements and goals were worthy of making note, of tackling them until their completion. She didn't know who she was then, nor did she know who she wanted to be.

She lost herself.

Yet when in company it always seemed to be with those she feared most; the horned found their way to her just as she found ways to avoid them, except they played the game better. She couldn't quite figure out how she was supposed to both expose herself in order to move on yet keep hidden enough to move beneath their gaze. She was merely a lost scent to their bloodhound noses.

The call was met with deft, fluid movements of her attention toward the originating point; at first she nearly missed him among the pastels of the winter season, but once her eyes fixated on his horn there was no pulling them away. He got closer and she wanted to run but then he spoke again and her chance of flight vanished with the closing distance. She held her breath instead and let the words tumble past her. 'Aurora Basin' sent chills further than even Frostfall could reach, the name ringing alarms in her mind as thoughts traveled back to Elsa's warning. They did not take kindly to the winged like her.

She couldn't come up with an answer to his question before someone else sidled into their presence. Her heart leap at the image of another unicorn (she'd be surrounded, really, and she would have no opportunity of escape) and she managed a step or two backward from the boy. Golden gaze glazing over wings, however, stopped her trembling knees and pounding pulse slightly. As she watched the lips of the girl part hesitantly, her nerves were eased a touch--either the spotted butterfly was as naive as Serenity had been in her youth, or she knew there was a reason to not distrust him completely.
She was posed with the next question, though, and it took her a bit off guard. "It is... Serenity," the voice belonging only to the wind paused in the middle of her sentence, vision once again wandering toward him--'Cassius'--before slowly continuing. "No, not anymore." Searching for something? She was, once, but the trail died with Gaucho.

CREDIT

@Cassius @Myrrine

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

It was hard for the stallion to stifle his curiosity, as it bloomed amidst the quiet, peculiar intricacies of the mare. When her rich eyes avoided the purchase of his, and darted for the silver horn instead. Cassius was inclined to follow her gaze at first – thinking; what had she found? Only to stop himself mid motion, and returned to face her with a warmth to his cheeks in realization. A soft, stuttering chuckle breaking mid sentence.

Though he wasn’t sure if he was catching on fast enough, that he’d missed something to cause the subtle stiffness in her jaw, or the quiet shudder between his words. Quickly, the boy filtered through his words, and was hard pressed to find anything of offense.

Thus, his previous, casual stance was set adrift just as the butterfly mare stepped in. Terrified by the idea that perhaps, he’d frightened her in some way. Without intention or desire to do so. Warm brown eyes lift to meet the stranger’s face, pleasantly spotted and adorned with vibrant insect wings. He can’t help how his gaze trails along their edges, can’t prevent his thoughts that swirl by the sight of their design; seemingly fragile, thin, delicate. How do they work?

With a quiet, deep breath in – he fixes his eyes on the stranger with a quaint smile. He dips his head politely in return, remembering that he’d forgotten to provide the same gesture to the other mare. “Oh, there’s no intrusion here miss. It appears we happened upon each other.” His smile is reaffirmed on his lips. But at the same time, he realizes sadly, that the girl has stepped away from him. Cassius wonders what he’s done, and settles his gaze on her just as Myrrine inquires for her name. Both parties imparting their own wonder upon the quiet lass.

And her eyes are offered to him like a sting without its bite. Forlorn and guarded, hidden behind a wall Cassius knows he cannot breach. But secretly wishes he could climb, for the sake of asking why – if he could offer his condolences. Not because he was feeling generous today, or because this newfound freedom brought him a joy so precious, he simply had to share what he’d found with everyone. Perhaps his loneliness had consumed him to a point, that generosity and grace had sprung a new force to reach out and gather those around him. That he felt compelled to make up for his disgrace.

He wasn’t entirely sure, and somehow she’d made him feel guilty all over again for the things she could never know about him. At least she appeared more at ease.

The stallion nods quietly, her answer unfurling behind the mass bulk of introductions. Cassius offers his small smile, although it has fallen since his initial introductions.

“I see…” And now he’s at a dead end. He looks to Myrrine momentarily to gather himself.

“Would you ladies be so inclined to explore these lands with me, perhaps? I have never seen the ocean before. I’ve heard it’s lovely.”

His eyes light up, imploring them both to venture forwards. To the waters, to the edge of the world; at least he could find some satisfaction in that.

“I must insist. It won’t be much of an experience by myself…” His body, eager, shifts towards the lapping waters. The source of the cool salty wind that heralds them closer.

@Serenity @Myrrine

Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

The guarded expression and tense muscles do not get past Myrrine's gaze, and she took note that Cassius noticed as well. Something was bothering the golden beauty, but for unknown reasons, or the simple fact that she didn't feel like it, she chose not to share her concerns. So when she finally offered her name in the most hesitant of tones, Myrrine is all tender smiles and sunshine, eyes offering a brilliant gleam of warmth as she enthused,"Oh my, such a beautiful name! It's unique like you! I wish I could glimmer like that!" Soon she was giggling, her eyes closing as she smiled wide into the laugh before finally looking back to the man patiently.

He was unsure suddenly, concerned he had done something wrong and thus was guilty; but for what? Surely he hadn't done anything wrong right? She had been watching them the entire time and nothing had passed between them, except the exchange of names. There was more to Serenity's fears than met the eye. So with a gentle intake of breath she turned to address them both, ready to ease past this awkward silence; when the grey unicorn beat her to the punch. She looked to him, before letting her smile widen even brighter as she then turned to the ocean suddenly, excitement evident in her tone,"You haven't? Oh it's quite the treat! It was one of the first things I found when I arrived here. I would love to join you Cassius, what about you Miss Serenity? Surely it wouldn't hurt to get our hooves wet!"

That laugh was breaking past her lips once more as she let her eyes linger patiently on the winged beauty, before finally following Cassius closely. Before she could stop herself she was trotting to the waters, playfully splashing at the waves that licked the shoreline like a small foal. These were the days she missed, the sunshine and the feeling of everything being right. It was enough to fill her heart with warmth, and as she kicked her wings fluttered, head playfully turning to the grey cheerfully,"It isn't as cold as other places in Frostfall! Though be careful, the water isn't necessarily warm either!" In a moment of mischievousness she kicked a hoof gently to the side, attempting to splash him with some of the salty brine. She giggled once more, turning to him in hopes he would play along in her silly antics. She needed this more than he could ever know, and she silently prayed that he would indulge her just for a little while.

"Talk."
can create great beauty

@Serenity - Blegh Myrrine is just not feeling it today. Sorry it's so short!

Avis
Look at the stars,
She wasn't sure how she felt.

She didn't know how she wanted to feel. What was she supposed to do with two strangers she'd never met, one holding the thing she feared most upon his head--and she didn't know who he really was. Could she trust him? Would he end up being like Torleik, someone who held concern for her? She knew that the boy in front of her then wouldn't understand why she was afraid (solidified by the fact that he found surprise in her worry over his horn) but it wasn't something she was ready to explain either.
At his explanation to the girl's question, doubt riddled the starry mare's mind: had he really just 'happened' upon her? Surely she wandered without a particular destination in mind, but she wasn't sure if he had done the same. Then, she felt ashamed for instantly assuming him a liar; while she didn't know him, it was true that he could be truthful at least.

To her luck the moment passed with him posing another question, although it wasn't what she expected. Myrrine was much quicker to react than she (it made her wonder, though, was it simply her excitement poking through or were her responses slightly forced?). She had no time to figure out the difference between the two possibilities as the butterfly-winged girl made off toward the sounds of the waves. The prospect of staying in the horned's company wasn't something she would have chosen, but Myrrine being with her settled her fears somewhat. It would be rude to decline, so instead she merely nodded her head slightly and allowed Cassius to follow first with herself trailing behind.

Out of the lingering branches, she felt increasingly more comfortable with the open spaces around them. Her wings fluffed against her sides and the pounding of her heart slowed slightly. She hung back on the shore's sands and watched Myrrine kick into the water; a small smile replaced the discomforting look upon her lips as she gazed on. The beauty of the water really was unparalleled, and so long as Myrrine felt safe in the unicorn's presence she would continue in their company.
CREDIT

sorry for the waittt ;;
@cassius

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

The pale stallion finds himself captivated by the spotted mare’s enthusiasm. Her voice beams, jingles into the air without care. Warming the silence with its lasting, auditory imprints. Like cool bright stars against the night. A lingering grin marks Cassius’ face, and a laugh that presses against his lips – kept silent. He stifles the amusement, uncertain if it was appropriate to accompany her spontaneous joy.

It may have simply been Myrrine’s nature to make light of these vague scenarios. Whether it included friends or strangers alike.

Finally, his laugh breaks its threshold, and he offers a light chuckle when Myrrine alights with the prospect of an ocean adventure. Humming briefly, in an attempt to not litter the air with his giggles. “Aye, it is the things of stories in my land.” The gray’s eyes twinkle in the awarded shadows of the forests, nodding. Wondering what might transpire on this simple proposal.

The young man snorts as she’s off, making her way to the beach. He offers a lame laugh, glancing back to the sparkling mare Serenity. With a hesitant shrug, he picks up his cloven feet and pursues the mare ahead of him. Kicking up the sand to run astride.

“Oof-!” He breathed out sharply, forgetting about the water as they inevitably splashed along the wet shore.

“The water’s like da-,” the stallion’s belly is sprinkled by the frigid waters, stifling a squeal. A high-pitched grunt is held in his gut, tossing his head, Cassius deflects from the cheeky mare. Sending her an accusing glance, a raised brow.

“Excuse me?” It’s exaggerated. The words fall off his lips with a cheerful tone however, as his body darts towards the speckled mare. It was ironic to have found this free spirited creature amidst all the bad, all the uncertain that had happened so recently. For a brief moment Cassius hesitated, unsure, if he could reclaim the boisterous colt long since dissolved into only a few precious memories.

He went ahead nonetheless with a subtle, quiet inhale that shook deep within his chest. Rearing only a small bit to try and splash her with the shock of his two fore hooves, smacking against the shallow waters. Inevitably, splashing himself in the process and spluttering. Darting away from the waves and shaking his head with a laugh, “Ugh! That’s salty!”

Warm, brown eyes sought after Serenity. “It’s not that bad – really.” He feigned reassurance, having no desire to push her beyond her comfort level.

Which only made the gentle man laugh at himself instead.

no worries Avis! :3
@Myrrine

Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She hadn't left yet, and that was enough to make Myrrine feel content with her company. Upon Cassius's amused tone she continued to giggle, watching him as the waters finally grasped at his chest and back. He had been caught off guard, and she didn't make it any better with her own splashes in play. Soon she was laughing even more, the fake tone of anger upon his complexion and his sassy tone urging her on. She narrowed her eyes in return, a sweet yet impish grin upon her complexion as she prepared his next attack. Taking the splash full force she grew bold, looking him in the eye and attempting to push him deeper into the waters. As the waves began to lap further at her chest she finally shivered, shaking her coat before finally looking to the third one present in the group.

He approached her calmly, trying to reassure her, and the spotted damsel couldn't help but follow suit in his actions. She came to his side, instinctively trying to press herself into it because that's what she did went she felt comfortable. When she thought she had made a friend. Whether or not he would accept was something she didn't focus on, but instead focusing on beautiful Serenity and  continuing that grin that made her feel alive,"It is a little cold, but it really is worth experiencing! Come now Serenity, won't you please join us?" Her eyes held such delight and hope, glimmering in the sunshine as she could only patiently wait for her response. She wanted to have fun with them, to frolic and play like they were all children, because then she didn't have to worry about the big bad world. She didn't have to worry about the child she had left behind.

"Talk."
can create great beauty

I'm sorry it's so short but In so excited for them all to play together <3 @Serenity

Avis
Look at the stars,
She watched as the pair went off to romp in the waters, Myrrine and Cassius. Seeing them partake in such antics made her nostalgic for the days of foalhood, for despite being a prisoner in a slave camp she did have her days of fun. She was never as free, never as carefree, and her gaze lingered on with a sense of melancholy. Of course, what she didn't remember is that she was once like them--so full of childhood youth and innocence, to a fault. But that part of her disappeared with her memories; she had to start over, and things were different than they were then. She had no one to show her that it was okay to trust again.

In reality, she had no one at all.

The yelling and laughing diverted her attention to them again, she standing alongside the waters upon the sand with enough distance to keep the splashing at bay. In the winter weather the water must have been cold and she warily regarded it with wings tightly covering her lithe frame. She stiffened even further when the unicorn made to approach her, leaving the blue behind. What had he intended to do with her? But his words settled her mind slightly, noticing Myrrine left the salty sea as well. With such pleas, how was she to refuse? She gazed into the butterfly's eyes, shuffling and looking away in thought. "I..." She paused, uncertain, then continued, "Okay." With a nod of agreement, she meandered slowly to the lapping waves and glanced down at it. She already knew it would bite, and she tried to steel herself away from the chill.

One hoof after another stepped in, pooling around her legs as she stood knee-deep and turned to face the two on the sand. A wry smile pulled her lips apart and one wing extended quickly into the water, scooping up as much as it could and throwing it at the pair.

She had her own problems to ignore, so surely it wouldn't hurt to get herself a little involved in their antics.
CREDIT

eeep they are so cute <33
@Cassius

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

“Oi!”

He lets her push him around, even if the water surrounds his form with an uneasy, frigid grasp. Cassius’ breath is nearly strangled when the waves have reached his chest. Thus he has greeted the open shore with relief and, perhaps, a sense of stupidity and a coltish, brazen switch to his otherwise thoughtful countenance.

Tiptoeing on a glass plateau, teetering between elevated high and the inevitable low of a future departure.

Perhaps the idea of enjoying two stranger’s company is legend enough. Imprinting with a mysticism, that envelope the memories of a once child.

The gray casts his gaze to Myrrine when she joins beside him. Her words are a testament to the world of simple spring days, and of mother and father – not far from where he explored the world, innocent, falling hopelessly in love with the things around him.

They have surely become children at this point.

Once more, the stallion realizes that Serenity places her focus on the winged mare. And that Myrrine's words have, at least, placed a spell upon the gilded mare for the time being - one that seems to wrestle in the depths of that mind. Contemplating perhaps, the uses and benefits of frolicking, in faux ignorance, of the spaces that separated between them as individuals.

Though the speckled pegasi warms the mood, from the gaze in her eyes – the laughs and giggles that are cast about the ocean.

Whether or not Myrrine would move to join the mare, Cassius idled by observing Serenity. Amused by her careful consideration of the salty brine. The stallion chuckled, as she appeared to embrace the waters by splashing at them. Flinching slightly from the movement.

“Huzzah!” His voice cheered. Bumping hips with Myrrine before he made to enter ahead of Serenity. High steps following his wake into the lapping shore, flicking the stuff with his tail at her.

“Now… I would appreciate if you ladies didn’t gang up on me. Seeing as I’m the odd one out,” - and clearly at a disadvantage - was his cautionary tale. But he hardly meant it. Goading his two lovely companions with a curious, teasing raise of an eyebrow and grinning lips.

@Myrrine - ack, I'm so, so, sorry for how long it's taken me to reply :(
- in any case, they are all too cute right now. :3