[PRIVATE] You say give me your hand.

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Is it because my life is ten shades of grey,
I pray all ten fade away.

The Rotunda was her favourite place in all of Helovia, excluding The Throat. Although lately it had certinally taken The Throat's place in her heart as she could hardly reflect upon her sandy home without crumpling into the grief that constantly lurked in her heart. Taking a shaky breath she allowed herself a moment to settle her frayed nerves. Ever since she'd left her home Aelin had been nervously on edge. Shaking off the feeling that another creature was lurking near by, watching her, she made her way through the bushes heading towards the large stone structure.
Winter had a tight grip over the Rotunda, the afternoon air was crisp and gradually dropping into the much cooler nighttime temperatures. Snow covered the ground in a light blanket, soaking her ankles and causing her to shiver when the cold, wet mush flicked up onto her warm under carriage.

Shouldering her way through a few low hanging branches she finally came upon the stone circular slab with a beautiful and colorful stained glass roof. Sighing happily she ducked into the building to take shelter from the snow that drifted down from the surrounding shrubbery. Shaking her coat out and stretching her wings, Aelin prepared to settle down for the night. In this structure she'd be offered a little protection from the elements, although she wouldn't have minded a small fire to help warm her up. Her stomach dropped as the idea of a fire threatened to pull her thoughts towards the memories of her father. Refusing to allow herself to fall into the depression, she instead turned and looked upon the brook that normally flowed quickly through the trees.

Winter had almost paused it, the waters were either frozen or having to slowly trickle around the large ice chips. Aelin stared at the solid waters wondering what it might be like to be able to freeze time. If she could...if only she could. Yet there was no such ability as this, at least not to her knowledge, when she next saw the Time God she'd ask him about changing the past. How would changing the outcome of certain events effect the present time? If the ripple was only small...
Something rustled in the nearby bushes, Aelin was startled back into the present. A fox paused and twitched his nose at Aelin before darting back into the bushes. Smiling she shook the thoughts about time from her mind, that would be a quest for later.

@Volterra
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
V O L T E R R A

The Rotunda always reminds him of his youth. He is still young now, of course, not yet into his fourth year, but his childhood seems like a distant memory, an indistinct blur amongst the faded milestones of his past. He used to lurk here when he was a newborn, fascinated by the odd stone structure with its painted glass roof, hypnotised by the gentle waving of the trees that surround the flat platform. He'd fancy that he saw monsters lurking behind the pillars, and him and Vérzés - for Vadir was just a distant hope then - would dive ferociously onto whatever beast they pictured that day. Usually it was simply a shadow cast by the distant sun, but they'd think themselves mighty warriors and kings, blackened warlords and crimson deities.

When he was a yearling and his hormones began to swell within his body, he'd mark the platform with his scent and claim it as his. He'd pretend he owned the forest itself, and that his harem and his soldiers marched at his back. How he'd loved to daydream whilst stood upon the age-old stone, looking out into a kingdom he believed was his!

Returning now, older but perhaps not wiser, the leviathan feels a pleasant pang of nostalgia. He has two dragons riding on his back now, his trusty red and his fearsome gold, and his hard work on the battlefield has bulked him up to become almost exactly what his colt-self wanted to be. With the winter chill pressed close against his body, he stands by the Rotunda and thinks fondly of the days when he would have to look up to it, rather than leering down to it like the king he still wants to be.

It quickly becomes apparent that he is not alone with his musings. Vadir is the first to notice, and gives a small huff in the direction of the young mare who stands by a frozen steam. Volterra does not recognise her, but the chilly Frostfall breeze brings with it the scent of Dragon's Throat on her fur, so he directs himself towards her with interest. She's young, just blossoming into her womanhood, and relatively short; there's something about the planes of her body that speak of good bloodlines, though, and the leviathan would be willing to guess that she is a relation of the once-mighty Wildfire. "You smell of the Throat," he rumbles as he draws to a halt a short distance away, Vérzés perched lazily on his back with Vadir circling above like a gleaming golden vulture. "I am Volterra, its Gladiator. I don't believe we've met." He offers what he hopes is a kind smile, but it's hard to twist such rugged features as his into any approximation of gentleness.

image credits

@Aelin

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Outcast
Frostie

Aelin

The dun's ears pricked as she picked up the sounds of heavy footfalls. The young mare does not run to face her company, instead she closes her eyes and allowed the chilly breeze to cool off her throbbing emotions. When the other finally spoke to her in a rumbling voice she finally turned and looked upon her companion. His sheer size is massive, hulking and intimidating, although his stance does not appear threatening. Muscular limbs are decorated with a decent amount of feathering while also carrying an impressive bulk. The stag - Volterra's - coat is an inky black with a great number of scars, while his forelegs are dipped in white. Most curiously was the skull like marking on his head and the eerie red eyes that looked at her from the depths of the skull. There is no question that he is built for war and from the amount of scars that dotted his body, she assumed that he'd already fought in numerous battles. Aelin's eyes studied his incredibly well-muscled, thick and hardy body. Strong. The young mare did not think him quick, yet it would not be an issue as Volterra was a creature of sheer brute force.

Despite his rather daunting appearance his kind smile on such rugged features gave him a certain mischievous charm.

Turning her entire body to face him she offered her own smile, through it was small and somber. The weight of her father's passing still crushed her chest, aching and difficult to ignore. In a way the smile felt as if she was betraying her father's memory, though she knew he would have no wish for her to be miserable. "A pleasure," despite the conflicting feelings in her chest she managed to speak in a calm tone that did not reveal the depths of her grief. "I am Aelin." She fell silent for a moment and she stretched her wings. Again she cast a curious eye over the massive stag, studying the powerful form.

Not doubting his words Aelin inched her head respectfully, recognising one of a superior ranking to her. Gladiator was the rank just below the Sultan and Sultana themselves, an honourable one to be sure, or so she'd been taught. "I offer my congratulations as I assume that's a fairly recent appointment?" The young mare finished the sentence as a question, her gentle tone filtered across the snow backs while a breeze played with a few stray strands of her forelock. For sometime now she had been intending to join the ranks of the healers and serve The Throat but unfortunately time had never quite allowed it. Her quest which would rip her soul if she was successful, her family dispersing to every corner of Helovia and her father's passing. Honestly, it was not surprising that she'd not yet found the time to join the healing ranks. "Jin asto ha athhajar akka vorsa." The girl whispered wishing the best for the stallion and that he may serve them with strength and fire.

Raising her head to a more comfortable angle she took a few steps closer, eyes drifting up to the two dragon's riding upon his back. One was a rustic red and the other a bright gold, both looked beautiful and fierce. It was impressive that he'd bonded twice, it was a rarity and no doubt a great responsibility to share your soul with two other creatures. Eyes returned to the stag and she studied him, wondering if the bonds caused any weariness on his form or in his eyes. Nothing seemed to lurk within his soul. Again her eyes flicked onto his dragons, wondering if their breath was made of fire. "What lovely creatures dragons are," Indeed she had a tender spot in her heart for those with flames in their heart, hatched or born upon smouldering sands and ashes. Just as she had been. "May I ask, how you came by them?" The story of how he bonded with two was no doubt was a fascinating story and those with magic and wonder were the stories she liked best.

@Volterra

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
V O L T E R R A

She turns to face him and he's afforded another look at her in full; she's certainly a pretty little thing, her youth hardly evident in the curves of her body. She introduces herself as Aelin, and the leviathan files away the name. "The pleasure is all mine, Aelin," he rumbles. His voice isn't intentionally flirtatious, but his general manner is one of salaciousness, of primitive masculinity that almost always appears to be grounded firmly in lust. It is simply how he is, yet it doesn't always imply wicked intentions.

She dips her head, a gesture of respect that makes the leviathan's muscles quiver with dominant delight. He might not be the king he wishes to be, but he knows that his position of Gladiator is high enough to afford him some measure of respect. His own muzzle dips a fraction in return, a silent acknowledgement of the mare's movement. "Recent enough, I suppose. I joined towards the end of Tallsun, at the request of Sikeax. She is...a friend of mine." Given recent events, Sikeax's name seems to be a swear word amongst Throat dwellers, but Volterra has no intention of hiding the reason why he joined. The reasons why he's chosen to stay even now Sikeax is no longer Sultana...now that is a slightly more complex situation.

Aelin adds something in another language, and the stallion twitches his ears with interest. Her words are guttural, similar to his Hungarian and yet entirely different too. "I have not heard that language before," he says curiously, although he recognises some of the words as sounding vaguely similar to the names of Gaucho's many offspring. "What does it mean?" He knows he is not the only one in Helovia who speaks a different tongue, but it's certainly interesting to come across one such bilingual.

Her gaze travels to his dragons, and both red and gold immediately begin to swell under the weight of their own vanity. Vadir ceases her circling and attempts to land on Volterra's broad back, but there's not enough space for her massive bulk next to her crimson brother. There's a momentary serenade of snarling and hissing until Vérzés finds himself ousted, forced aside by the queen's superior size. He flutters off to a nearby branch to nurse his wounded pride, whilst Vadir makes a show of polishing each gleaming talon with her tongue, her eyes fixed on the pegasus mare.

The mare comments on the dragons and then asks how he obtained them. Ah, this is a story he adores! "The red, I found when I was a few months old. I discovered his wild mother dying not too far from here, and he was her only surviving egg." He leaves out the part where he sat with the green as she died, protected her from any who might try to feast upon her flesh. That it too...soft. It is not a story he shares often, given how close it is to his heart. "The gold's mother was also a wild dragon, and I helped her fight off a pack of wolves from her clutch shortly after my second birthday." Vadir gives a proud chirp - Volterra has told her of her heritage before, and she's deeply delighted that she descends from a massive wild gold.

image credits

@Aelin

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Outcast
Frostie

Aelin

She caught the movement of his eyes and was rewarded with heat flashing through her body. Although Aelin was not sure if it was embarrassment or pleasure. The only thing that appears to please him as much as the curves of her svelte body, is her name. The rumble of his voice is deep, carried deep and powerfully. It is also provocative, teasing her in a way she’d not experienced personally before. His mannerism is devilish, salacious, causing her eyes to narrow while a knowing smile tugs at the corner of her lips.

Playing with another feelings and desires is not an intention of hers, she does not mean to be entirely encouraging of his dominant feelings towards her. Yet as her head dips she notes the delight the action causes, her thoughts turn to what he might wish from this meeting. It is a distracting thought from her pain, a delectable and not entirely virtuous release from her hurt. The return of the gesture, if only slight, pleased her.
The Dreamwalker decided for herself that the title of friend might not be wholly accurate. The mention of Sikeax was difficult to not be curious about, Aelin had long been wondering about the woman’s past after her (rather speedy) rise and fall. Additionally it raised more questions, if he’d joined to appease or for fill the request of the woman than why had he remained? Perhaps it was the sandy throne itself her sought, rather than just the warmth of the woman herself. Curious.

Yes, as a new comer she did not expect him to understand her words. Her voice had grown deeper, huskier with the guttural language. “It’s my mother tongue,” she explained, hoping some context would assure him that she’d not just cursed him with impotence because of his evocative mannerisms. “A small prayer that you serve us with strength and fire.” Making a mental note to steer clear of her preferred tongue as it caused either confusion or doubt, Aelin settled into the common tongue of these lands. Yet, now he’d be able to pick her as Gaucho’s daughter, unless he was incredibly slow in which case her interest would dry up faster than a dying creek in a drought.

Vanity is a clear participant in this meeting, all creatures are becoming embossed with it’s intricate design. Aelin standing so he’s constantly aware of her lithe body and supple curves. Him (as far as she perceived) basking in his dominance and the dragons swelling with approval of her gaze. They both either wish to be in her direct line of sight or a more comfortable place upon Volterra’s back. As there is an outbreak of snarling and hissing, earning an impressed and slightly concerned look from Aelin. The gold is victorious and displays her talons, while the red rests in a tree and Aelin assumes his vanity is rather reduced.
Listening to he stories she looks at each dragon respectively, wondering about the bond and their shared tragic pasts. Both had been found with a dying mother and rescued by the mighty Gladiator. A rather gentle side to the large beast. A thought that made her slightly more comfortable in such close proximity to the powerful warrior. “They are lucky you found and protected them.” She replied after a moment, her smile becoming more obvious.

“My twin and I found a young owlet when we were babes, they bonded.” A very apparent distance came to her eyes as she thought of Hawke, it had been some time since she’d spoken about him. “I’ve been curious about the bond of souls ever since.” In truth she was not entirely sure why she’d mentioned him, it had been sometime since they’d seen each other. Hawke’s vanishing act had been more impressive than any other events in her life.

For a moment she considers them both, him a gladiator who watched as his Sultana fell and her, the daughter who watcher her Sultan fall. It’s like she begins to feel a strange feeling of familiarity towards the stallion. She was unsure of why she should stay in The Throat, her family had dispersed and lived in the other herd lands or were travelling so often she did not see much of them. “So tell me, Volterra,” she lets his name roll off of her tongue, the ‘rrs’ becoming a purr. “What made you decide to remain in The Throat?” She smiled, somewhat wickedly. “Is it the pretty lasses or the want of a crown?” It was a serious question but her tone was playful, prodding what may be a tender spot in an attempt to tease a (somewhat) lascivious response out of him.

@Volterra

V O L T E R R A

His brow curves with interest as she reveals what she had said in her language, and he dips his head in acknowledgement and acceptance of it. It is a prayer, and one that he hopes he will fufill. "Én fog megvédeni minket, miközben van vér az ereimben," he says, his voice becoming even deeper and more gravelly than usual as he shifts into his mother's taught language, the guttural snarl of Hungarian. See, I can do it too. "I will protect us whilst there is blood in my veins," he translates. Saying the words feels strange, as he never imagined he would feel any sort of bond with the Throat and certainly not enough of one to want to protect it. As it is, he has grown fond of the place, and would truly be willing to lay down his life to protect it if the need arose.

Which, he supposes, is all you want from your Gladiator. Let them condemn him now for not caring enough, for not doing enough.

"You are the Wildfire's daughter, are you not?" the leviathan asks. He has ascertained as much from her language and appearance, but he wants it confirming. He is not sure why; perhaps, if he knows it to be the truth, he will have to mark her as off-limits. Would it be disrespectful to pursue the dead man's daughter, even if not purposefully? It is an interesting concept, and the Indomitable doesn't know the answer. "What do you think of the recent leadership changes?" Although he is honour-bound to defend Sikeax, he can still absorb the opinions of others. Given that this girl probably saw the glory days of Gaucho's reign, Volterra is quite interested in her thoughts. He wonders if her loyalty to her father will cause her to be bluntly and brutally honest, or whether her loyalty to the Sun God will lead her to defend the one he chose - Sikeax.

The young mare tells him that her sister bonded to an owl, and the leviathan wonders if that makes her desire a companion too. He remembered when Nymeria bonded to her little bastard of a black dragon - the scar between his nostrils burns with the memory of the hatchling's bite - and how jealous he'd been of her, how worried he'd been that her companion would trump him in her affections. It hadn't been long until he'd bonded himself, of course, but that short period of time when he'd been alone had been painful. "Do you desire such a bond?" he asks. "I have only good things to say about it. To share your mind with another creature - two, in my case - is something that I cannot speak highly enough of. When those creatures are fierce killing machines, it certainly does not hurt." The brute gives a small snort of amusement, and both dragons proceed to preen with a little extra oomph as they absorb the compliment.

The way she croons his name gives him an odd sensation in his loins, but he forces himself to smother it. Off-limits, off-limits, off-limits, roars his mind. Her question is one he has been expecting, and he falls silent for a moment to muse on it. He has to choose his words carefully, not go with the first thing that enters his head - and impulse control has never been the stud's strong suit. "Ah, the pretty lasses certainly make it hard to contemplate leaving," he says, and he lowers his voice to a sultry growl as he speaks, playing her at her own game. "In truth, I am unsure why I have remained. I joined because of Sikeax, to help her during the difficult early stages of her reign - I always assumed that if she lost her throne, there would be no need for me to stay. I certainly did not invision myself living in the Throat long-term....I've always had my eye on the Hidden Falls, the Earth God's herd." The Sun God is his second favourite God, but Father Earth will always be his patron deity.

"But despite myself, I have grown fond of the place. It intrigues me, and I respect the deep-rooted sense of family that runs through the herd. I confess that I have often felt like an outsider and I know that the vast majority of the herd do not trust me, but that makes me all the more determined to remain and to earn the respect that is offered to the likes of Ampere, Sohalia and Aithniel." He offers a small, nostalgic smile. "So I suppose you could say that I have stayed because I like a challenge, and because I do not give up." On the battlefield, in life, Volterra does not take the easy way out. The Falls beckons, but he has unfinished business in the Throat.

image credits

@Aelin