the Rift

the cracks begin to show[faelene]

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

I had yet to travel this far away from the safety of the outcast herd of unicorns. I had learned to appreciate their warmth, many of them willing to give it to me when I stood shivering. Mother Kou and Daddy d'Art were often busy with other unicorns, talking to them or teaching them something. Aviya had not seen the great white one, Mauja, in some days and his son, Tamlin, also seemed to be scarce. With growing curiosity I slipped past the security of my parents and the unicorns they were talking with.

I trotted towards the waterline. My body was adjusting well to the cold, and I could take longer times away from a constant source of another's body heat each day. My cough, however, was still persistent. Daddy d'Art had given me some things to ease the pain it caused in my chest, but it seemed that even with his knowledge he could not stop the cough itself. I was born with it; it was a part of me. I wished, everyday, that I would grow out of it--I needed to be strong like Mother and Daddy. I just needed to. So now, on this day in which the weather was in my favor, I dedicated myself to learning.

I spent hours walking around the cold beach, watching the water and the sky and the other wildlife. Every now and then I could turn around to face the direction I had traveled from to see unicorns that were a part of our group. The security I felt when I was standing warm in the middle of all of them did not falter now as I watched them move in the distance. I knew that if I needed them all I need do was cry out and they would come racing for me. I had not figured out whether it was because I was a filly in their outcast herd, or if it was because I was the filly of their doctor which they all respected and feared. Either way, I was satisfied.

As the day shifted from a clear, brisk morning to a dimmer afternoon with fat flakes of snow falling from the sky I still stayed on the beach. My blue eyes and fresh brain could not take in everything that my heart desired. I watched as eagles swooped from the sky above me towards the water, talons extended to reach down and snatch a fish. I watched as caribou moved along the beach, the stags leading their cows back to the safety of the forests.

"Speak"

misc-photography| Manip: Time

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
F a e l e n e
glaciers melting in the dead of night

The day had become a slow and steady one. The clouds hung over the sky in a great, thick sheets of gray. The lack of light made her feel weary, and sluggish. Traveling along the coast at a walk, she kicked at scattered snow piles, feeling she should be doing something productive. There was no want to meet more strangers, the Threshold seemed to be a magnet for the strange, and sullen. Introducing herself, exchanging questions both silent and voiced was easy to grind on her nerves doing it day after day. She hated to beg others to join them, and sometimes wondered how what she did was any different. Neither a smile nor frown to her face she looked upon the sea that matched the sky. There was difference in the reflection with the different amounts of ice, and snow in the freezing liquid.Eyes upon the water, she stared indifferently at a small ice chunk. Standing like a carved onyx statue she let the individual flakes collect upon her dark hide, and thick red mane; some melting while others tried to stick. She was watching the world go by.

How long she stood good have been a short or long length of time until she heard the distance bellows of caribou collecting together. Stretching neck around she saw them further away, and then the white faced girl. D'art and Kou's filly, but Faelene did not know her name. Giving a once over of the white landscape she tried to see if she was accompanied, there was no sign of another. Seeing as the filly was watching the snow born deer, she made her way over yonder.

The distance shortened, she let out a soft whinny not to startle her, before stopping short a yard away. "Studying our icy wonderland?" She inquired with a raised dark brow. Hooves fell upon the frosted shore, and she took a glance to the tan hides of the caribou. Their coats looks shaggy, and warm. Did they mind sharing this place with the outcast band?

Time

I did not catch the scent of the approaching creature, but her noises alerted me. My ears perked and my body followed suit by turning to face the newcomer. Despite her scent being hidden it not reached my nostrils as she came closer. She smelled so much of the unicorns that lived with me and my eyes instantly recognized her familiarity. Her ebony and crimson form was not foreign to me and I felt no threat from her. Something inside me rationalized that if anyone wanted to hurt me they would have three battles, at least, in front of then: Mother Kou. Daddy d'Artagnan and Mauja. Aviya knew she was safe here also, in the presence of this mare, even without their direct shadow.

"I like it here. They were worried for me at first, but I have grown stronger now." My words were simple and, if anything else, young. Despite that, they were true. My coughs were still coming and they still racked my body and hurt me, but they were less frequent. Daddy d'Art had given me some bitter tasting food to eat and it helped ease my body and the pain the coughs caused. I preferred Mother Kou's milk over the disgusting things he fed me, but I knew it helped, and I knew he was pleased when he did not have to hold me close to stop the shaking.

I blinked again and turned my head to look out at the waters. The waves beat up against the rocky shore. I shifted my weight on the rocks, my cloven hooves letting my rest comfortably on the uneven surface. "Do you think our herd is going to live here forever?"

Hidden Account
Sica
F a e l e n e
this is they way I fall

The girl seemed to still be looking upon the world, letting it hold her in one place instead of being aware of the rest. That was alright here Faelene supposed, though there were things here besides horses that could harm her. Should she mention it? She did not wish to be the fretting, childless mare. Certainly her mother and father had warned her. Maybe, they were too close for her to feel need to worry. Something Faelene would have blissfully enjoyed to possess too. She did not balk, or shy way, Faelene wasn't sure if she caught her off guard.
< br>
The white faced child looked upon her, a soft sweet voice releasing an answer. What thoughtful words, the dark mare mused. Some how in comfort by hearing one of the coming generation to come. Faelene knew what she was talking about, she to had worried when she had heard that cough. What the child said was true. "It is beautiful here, and I do think you are right. The cold and white has given you strength." That was a good thing, they surely needed to be tougher than their foes, each and every one of them. What brought strength, hardships.

Dark mask also turned to the wild waters, though she peered at the filly indirectly trying to decipher her. Once she looked down, seeing she was lucky to have cloven hooves unlike herself. She asked a question Faelene wasn't certain she had answer for. The charcoal toned maiden was sure they would not. They had to conquer. "I don't think so, but I think we will be here for a time." She quietly murmured, flicking her red tail against her side if only to get rid of some energy burning inside. Her head drawn downward, she cast her eyes in the smaller lady's direction, and than thought she saw a glimmer of gold somewhere along the white shore. What could it be? "Do..do you see something shining over there?"

ooc:would Aviya like to help Faelene find her Sun Amuluet? I thought it could be something to do. If not than we'll say it's not there. Yeah up to you.

Time

(Sorry for switching to third person mid-thread, but I decided first person on Aviya isn't going to work anymore.)

Aviya lifted her head to look at the crimson-maned mare once more. She denied that the herd would live in the snowy fortress forever, and Aviya was only half glad for that. The filly had grown to enjoy the snow and the cold, for it gave reason for her to draw strength from others--from their warmth. Aviya enjoyed that--enjoyed growing stronger. She craved it, strength, more than almost anything else in her young life. She watched the way Mauja had been after she was born and was instantly drawn to something about him. She had been with Mother Kou every moment since she was released from her dark world, and she knew Mother Kou was strong in a different way than Mauja. And then there was her father, d'Artangan--he was what she truly admired when it came to strength.

d'Art was an incredible force. He was muscle and knowledge, something Aviya knew he would pass on to her. She half-smiled thinking about it, the action resembling a smirk on her white lips. Then she simply nods to acknowledge the fact that Faelene felt the way she did about the herd living forever in the north. Pulled back to reality by the black mare's words Aviya turned her head to where Faelene was looking. The filly narrowed her eyes to try and focus on the object but could not. She snorted shortly and looked to the flock of gulls flying and moving towards where the object was.

Aviya wished that one of the gulls would bring them what they were seeing. The filly did not know if it was dangerous or not and did not want to take the chance of it. "Do you think we should go and see what it is?" Aviya asked quietly. She wanted the mare to respond wisely--she almost wanted her to say no. However, something inside Aviya told her that Faelene would want them to go and get the shiny object. Flicking her wispy, frosted tail Aviya focused on one of the gulls. Bring the object--endanger yourself, you brainless gull. Aviya thought.

Just as the thoughts were leaving the filly a fog seemed to roll out from under the gulls. The lot of them squawked and flew away, but the one Aviya had been focusing on seemed to be stuck in the fog. Without hesitation the fog encompassed the gull and took control over the bird's body. Aviya watched in amazement as the gull flew by the fog's command and swiped the shining object in its beak. Just as the gull was flying over the two mares it dropped the object and the fog released it. Hurriedly and fueled by fear it flew away, squawking loudly. Aviya looked down at the gold object with her jaw ajar. "Di-did I do that?" she asked, eyes widening.

Hidden Account
Sica
That's alright, it's hard to know what works till you try it.
F a e l e n e
this is they way I fall

If winter did not last here forever Faelene would not have minded staying by the coast. It was a striking place with the grey sea, and frosted mountains that towered near by; an icy kingdom for the banished. But since it did she for one didn't think she could keep sane with the cold day after day not knowing the warmer seasons expect in short leavings to other lands. Home, in her mind should be the place one spent great time, and if she was always leaving what was the point? When it came down to things if they did not claim the Edge or somewhere else she would forever live in the Steppe. She would let its cold work upon her and grow with the never ending frost fall. The cold was better than heat, and white much prettier than stale sand. Yes, maybe a frosted kingdom was not so bad, especially if the enemies were not use to the chill.

Watching the young filly without trying to stare she noted the twist of a smile, and was curious to the thoughts she was having to bring on the faint expression. The thoughts were hers to keep, and Faelene let her faint silver irises glimpse for the object in the distance. The clouds did not give help, and Faelene took one step forward, but paused. There were seagulls around, and she worried something dead had brought them here.

"If you would like to," she replied in a light tone, still hanging back. She did not want to endanger the child should the object prove to be something dangerous. Helovia though beautiful was not exactly a kind place in itself, and had to many questions Faelene did not know. Then there was a foggy cloud that moved, taking the birds by surprise except for one. It looked taken by the fog, and as if told grabbed the golden necklace, and dropped it right to them. A puzzled yet wondering gaze she glimpsed watching it and the fog disappear. It was hard to know what had just happened, and she cantered her head to Aviya when the child seemed just as awestruck. "Did you tell it to?" She asked to better give answer. "If..if you did I would say you must have. You must have magic."