the Rift

[OPEN] a muddled rolling star

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis
Serenity
She was lost in more ways than one.

She didn't want to fly, she didn't want to feel the weightlessness of defying gravity, not when she was the cause of her own demise. Demise perhaps was dramatic, but an entire piece of her life fell away out of reach, all because she couldn't do what was necessary. She missed the opportunity she spent so long searching for; Gaucho was her only hope and he was gone.

She could clearly remember her parents; but remembering them and Gaucho brought more questions than she wanted to pay any mind to. Surely her parents managed to free themselves, as she had?

She wouldn't think about it.

Instead the frostbitten air nipped mightily against her starry body and she tucked her wings in tight to keep herself warm. Head low, knees trembling, this is what she brought upon herself. Cold weather and even cooler thoughts; she was stuck in a whirlwind much like the one that stole her memories from her. That is something she could probably never forget--never had she felt so useless in the sky where she found solace. The storm took hold of her wings and tossed her however it desired, straight into the arms of the one place she could never recall being.

She didn't know where she was; where she was going. The day was new but she didn't feel refreshed. She lost her hope, she lost the sight that pushed her once from the Edge's grip to the mouth of the Throat. Where she ended up then, really, didn't concern her. She just wanted out.

filling the darkness with order and light
you know your place in the sky
CREDITS

for @goatfairy, but is open for others!! c:

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ELDALA knew exactly where she was. Or well, she had a few hours ago. Currently, she was headed towards Helovia's southern tip to show Capro the ocean. Last night she'd been happily Weaving in her Basin cave-home. In fact, the mare had been making remarkable progress on the Palm Leather armor project.  But poor little Capro had been torturously bored. While the young Weaver made progress on her work the goat child had sped about their cavern literally jumping off the walls. Eventually, Eldala gave up, exasperated, and had taken him for a night-time excursion about the Basin. The thought had struck her then that, perhaps, he'd enjoy a day at the beach. The warm weather, new sights, and new smells were bound to wear out the kid long enough to allow her some decent work time for at least two days. Capro hadn't understood his companion's chattering words but the feeling of excitement had gotten through loud and clear. So clear that he'd woken her up before the sun had even breached the edge of the horizon.

A groan and a stretch had pulled her from her warm nest to begin their jouney. Her well seasoned muscles now carried her and Capro across Helovia at the perfect pace. /With any luck, we'll make it there by sun high and have an hour or two to play about before beginning the journey home again./

The goat was unphased by the wind which greets them at their arrival. He squeals with great pleasure as his cloven hooves touch the new ground. He bounces and jiggles and just about trips over himself as he hurls across the open expanse of the Halcyon Flats. /Well, at least its a bit warmer than the Basin, even with the wind./  The mare muses as she drops her head to get in some grazing on the little brush she could find. Eventually, she found a nice little copse of trees to lay under while Capro capered about exploring things a few paces away. Her eyes began to droop after an hour or so and she was juuuust about to close them when movement wrenched them open.

A lone Pegasus, wings clamped, moving along the Flats was directly in front of her view, about 200 paces away. /Look at that shining gold, they're like Father and how his wings and body used to gleam!/ The mare watched the Pegasi's progress and was surprised when it began to wander in her direction.

Capro was very excited. "No." Oh yes. He scoots towards the figure who was clearly lost in thought. "Capro, that is not how you make friends. Thats how you scare them away." The yolo which emanated from his being was tangible as he whizzed off towards the forbidden fruit."You fucker."  She whispers as she heaved herself up to trot after him. Please, gods, let this horse be kind. Meanwhile, Capro had reached the horse and now was sitting in front of it bleating his hello with all the adorableness of a cotton ball. "Uh, hello there. Sorry if he's bothered you. He's kindof...rebellious. My name's Eldala!" She smiles beseechingly at the mare, clearly praying for forgiveness.

/Thoughts/

"Words"

OOC: So that was way longer than I intended it to be. My bad. Usually my posts are a lot shorted.haha. <3 her btw. Very cool writing style.
@Serenity

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Avis
Serenity
How long it had been since she crossed paths with another, she didn’t know. The tangled overgrowth of the labyrinth kept her safely hidden, just as it had done when Elsa found her. Elsa. Thoughts became glue to the name, to the face, the one who was so kind and willingly guided her toward the correct direction. She hadn’t heard news of the stark white Queen in a fair passing of time; she easily recalled Tembovu standing beside her as King. What ever happened between the span of moments, she was completely unaware of. She hoped Elsa, at least, didn’t end up like Gaucho.

She still couldn’t decipher her feelings toward the horned elephant.

She didn’t know if she’d ever see them again.

The Flats—a name she didn’t yet know—bore chilled fingers that ran across her coat. It was a type of winter she couldn’t remember either; not there, in the breast of Helovia. But the open expanse seemed to welcome her all the same, gently carrying her across its new face. She tried to seal everything into a blank-slate memory, tracing each curve and dip in the terrain, resolving to not forget that time. Not again.

Except—as misfortune would have its way—she was interrupted in that process. The bleating of a kid and the sudden approach took her aback slightly, stopping so suddenly her wings swept out around her and her body ended in a half-rear from surprise. Eyes wide—so golden they rivaled the sun—gazed down at the tiny companion and then flashed toward the one who spoke. The words were lost on her, really, for all she could hear was the beating of her heart and the flood of worry through her system. Horned, just like those who enslaved her. Horned, just like Torleik and Tembovu, but possibly not like them. She couldn’t trust, she couldn’t assume all were good and kind in their own mannerisms. ‘Eldala’ briefly caught in the folds of her ears, but she was transfixed on her single horn and the noise of the babe at her hooves. With the approach of the girl went several footfalls backward as Serenity kept distance between them. Bewildered wouldn’t quite fit—it was fear that drove the motions.

With her wings wide open the swarm of cool air brought her mind back on the matter at hand; eyes cleared and she remembered who she was (a leaf, a leaf on the wind, untouched and unbothered by all). “No, I apologize for my intrusion.” The voice she offered was soft; a gentle breeze. Though she refrained from letting either of them get closer, the tension had eased from her features. The moment of panic passed, and she stood her ground as she would have done years ago.

I am Serenity,” her own name was put forth.

CREDITS

@Eldala <33

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

THE pretty mare spooked like a winter sparrow at a wolf. Except Eldala was no wolf and Capro was still barely larger than a chihuahua. The girl's golden wings fluffed out and she looked every inch as if she could be Ivezho's relative. Her breath caught, just a little bit, in her throat for a moment. That old acquaintance that could have become so much more, the one she wished would come back more than anything else, if only to tell her he'd never liked her at all. But the pretty pegasi's guarded words and tentative actions bring Eldala back to the matter at hand. The Northern mare replied kindly to the flighty pegasus, affirming that she and her companion were in the wrong. "Oh, but it was my little companion here who intruded. I am most certainly the one who should be sorry. Well, so should he but he's only a few days old so I don't think he cares much." She lets out a small, embarrassed laugh when she's done and sighs. /I am really going to have to work with him to somehow explain that not all horses are to be treated like friends./

Capro didn't care. He didn't have time for deep reflections about what he'd done. He was only a few days old and he was just happy to be somewhere new. He bleats again at the new, fluffy Tall-Thing before him and then goes back to his playful antics, utterly oblivious to the words of the two.

The mare seems to recover herself soon enough though and she introduces herself by name. "Its a pleasure to meet you Serenity. The day's a bit cold but its a lovely view, isn't it? I hope you don't mind my asking, but do you live around here in the Throat or elsewhere?" She laughs, remembering herself, "I only ask because I'm still a little new here and most of my friends are Pegasi from the Dragon's Throat or residents of the Aurora Basin. I know there's other herds but I haven't met anyone from them yet." Her voice is genuinely interested and a little excitable as she speaks but she hopes she hasn't offended the new mare. Well, ok, it was a little bit of a strange way to meet someone but still totally within the realm of possibilities. Her demeanor hadn't been mean or aggressive at all so what did she have to fear?

/Eldala's Thoughts/

"Words"

OOC: You can feel free to PP Capro playing about a little bit if you want (Just so long as he doesn't get hurt.lol)
@Serenity

-Pixel by Niki-

Avis
Serenity
She didn't know where she wanted to be. Likewise, she didn't know where she wanted to go. She moved aimlessly, without purpose, looking for something that she knew didn't exist. Had she gone mad? Had everything finally caught up to her and brought her down with it?
That was something she wouldn't find the answer to either.

What was she trying to do?

The thought fell on a mind filled with turbulance, words continuing to fill the air between the two and the bounding movements from the tiny companion pulling her attention across a thin wire. She didn't want to impart rudeness by staring at the girl's horn, so she instead watched as the kid found fascination in everything around him: sky, grass, her. Despite the tension connecting them, a slight smile parted her starry lips at his antics. She lowered her head and pushed her nose out toward him, breathing gentle breaths to indicate it was alright to approach. While she allowed the interaction to pass, she caught the words of Eldala and thought over the information carefully. It was of no surprise to her that the girl would hail from the Aurora Basin, the place the horned reigned and pegasi like herself were held at an arm's length.

Could she truly be at ease around someone who came from the forever-winter land?

Feathers shuffled as she remembered to keep them in close once again, head finally rising and directed at her newest company. Pegasi friends, she said? Doubtful at the truth of that claim, Serenity glazed over the formalities. "No," and a slight shake of her head, "I am from no where." Especially not there. "I do not remember where I am from..." It was partly an afterthought that slipped, words meant more for herself than the other but said aloud nonetheless. Little did she know that she was one of the Throat long ago, when she was still intact and whole.
But gold-tipped ears pricked forward at a thought, and she assumed the most excitement she'd had since before their meeting. "Do you know of Elsa? She is Queen, in the World's Edge. Or, was?" She didn't know if Elsa attained the same position as she did then, a number of seasons passing since Serenity had last seen her.

CREDITS

@Eldala ahh sorry serenity is all over the place right now :|

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS

ELDALA was becoming more and more concerned for this wayward mare the more time their interaction went on. The actions the little hazelnut mare was seeing from the Star Mare were reminiscent of her own before she'd been given her position and been forced to interact with other horses more.

Serenity's nose droops to Capro's level, much to his happiness, and he pauses in his antics to toddles over fearlessly to gently boop her with his own nose. She smelled like sweat and faintly of green-polleney stuff. Cool. He hadn't smelled much green stuff yet. There had been frozen green stuff and green stuff with flowers but this was new green stuff. When the taller mare lifts her head away from his in response to "mom's" words he goes back to his goaty dance of glee.

Eldala's brows furrow as Serenity informs her that there is no home...and the little slip that she doesn't even remember where she's supposed to be from.ht /Oh! How horrible that must be. No wonder she's so guarded./ The wandering mare's ears prick up, along with her entire body, at the mention of the World's Edge. Humm.  "Well, I'm sorry that I won't be much use for information about that land. I believe the last I heard was that a mare called Alysanne was Queen along with Tembovu the King. The you speak of Elsa might have stepped down?" She pauses for the other mare's response before speaking again, "You seem so kind to be out here alone, without a herdland, in the middle of Frostfall. If you want someone to go see the Edge, or another herdland, with you so that you're not alone then Capro and I would be most willing. Like I said, I'm fairly new to Helovia, I still remember the time I spent alone and how hard it can be." Her ice blue eyes hold a bit of worry and concern but there is decidedly no deception. Eldala was having a pretty stable week so far but the threat of loneliness and sadness was always a possibility. No on should go through those bad weeks alone.

/Eldala's Thoughts/

"Words"

OOC: Well, you did title the thread "A Muddled Rolling Star" so its perfectly fitting xDD
@Serenity

-Pixel by Niki-

Avis
Serenity
It was true that Serenity was concerned about the well being of Elsa, the one who went out of her way to help the starry mare when she was lost and alone. She felt nothing but regret at abandoning her original purpose, wasting the snowy-colored queen's time; she hadn't gone back to visit, either, and that it all the more shameful.
But would she really want to visit with a horned, one she didn't know, one she didn't trust? So far the girl gave her no reason to doubt the sincerity shown, but still Serenity remained on edge; everyone had the ability to be deceitful, and that was not something she would forget.

At the smaller mare's offer of accompanying her to the Edge, Serenity froze a moment. Her mind tumbled over the possibilities, the danger, the opportunities. The one advantage she had over Eldala was her wings--in the case of unease, she could always take to the skies and leave; she wouldn't be able to be followed. The idea was mulled upon for a short time, and she warily regarded her newest companion. She already had a plan for the worst-case scenario, so she saw no other reason to decline. She wasn't as familiar with the lands as others; she didn't know the best path, the places to avoid. So she nodded her head slowly, the prospect of visiting the Edge and seeing her old friend outweighing the fear. At the very least, should something happen upon their journey, she could rely on Tembovu for back up. As king, he must have had some reach across the herds.

"Alright." Even though she agreed, her voice was slightly unsteady. She shuffled, wings ruffling against her body. "If you do not mind the journey, I would appreciate the guidance." And for all of her worrying, she spoke no lie.

CREDITS

my replies are getting shorter and shorter im sorry ;;
@eldala

STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS