the Rift

[OPEN] the story i heard

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
Relieve my elegant mind,
The dappled doe remembered this place briefly. It was where they had all first met Kisamoa as he ascended into their lives. What a time it had been since then – feeling as though it were a lifetime! A soft sigh passed through her lips as they approached the edge of the mainland before the archipelago of islands began, vast and wide as it spanned across her vision. She turned to her company that had traveled this far from the Edge with, Toulouse, and offered him a gentle smile before lowering her head to her compass. Her velveteen muzzle brushed against it briefly as she always did when venturing to a land she hadn’t been to in quite some time.

What do you think is out here?” She asked, a thoughtful question as her head swiveled from her champagne partner to the vast islands ahead of her. There could be anything out here – other equines, monsters, perhaps more gods of some sort. It was a strange idea to beheld, but Kisamoa had been the first god she had seen and with that, she felt as though the world was growing more surprising every moment. Perhaps they’d stumble across something else of interest – or perhaps live up to their beginning ranks in the Edge for being Sleuths. Aelfwine imagined that gathering information would be easy for her, though it wasn’t like she truly had ever tried before.

After pausing for a few moments to hear what Toulouse might have to say, she stepped forward and away from him. Her cloven hooves tiptoeing across the sandy beach as the sun beat overhead – chasing away the clouds and the snow for the time being. It was still quite cold though, and she noticed the slight crunch of frost beneath her hooves as her monochromatic body swayed ever closer to the frigid waters.

"Talk."
come on, come on —
let the warmth close your eyes.
aelfwine
image | coding

@Toulouse ! Set before he finds Arah just for timeline's sake. After Toulouse posts it's open for anyone :D

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse

The hoofprints inthe sand were long gone from the day Kisamoa came; it was a day Toulouse had not been a part of, but one he had heard stories of. The creature dwelled in these waters, perhaps they'd see him today?
Toulouse was sure of one thing though; he would see the beast, and he would suss out what it wanted. The gelding had learned not to trust the gods, or their cousins, or whatever Kisamoa was.
Turning his pale maw to the ashen girl who accompanied him, Toulouse have er a toothy smile when she quizzed him about what was out there in the wide ocean.
Perhaps there was monsters and deep sea creatures waiting to devouer them, or perhaps nothing.

Looking over the bay to the islands he had planned to inspect, Toulouse looked to the woman as she slinked away. "Shall we cross to the islands then?" He uttered, following in her cloven footsteps along the shoreline. Luckily for them, the tide was low and the swimming they'd have to do was minimal. The drizzly, windy atmosphere of frostfall would make it less than pleasant, though. The gilded gelding decided on undressing, hiding his crown and the elegant turquoise scarf attached in the sand dunes; he would hate for it to get ruined, or even worse get lost. It wasn't often the man went without his ornament unless he was hunting; it was a cruical element of his wardrobe that his the ghastly scars that remained from his horrific castration. In essence, he felt slightly naked without it, but when it was off he really meant business.

"Come on!" The golden one chortled, slightly out of impatience but also as a tease to the darling doe. The parseltongue would be lying to himself if he didnt find her quite gorgeous, and besides he hadn't had anyone in quite a while. What was the harm in a little flirtation?
"How long have you lived in Helovia then Aelfwine? Or are you a native of this... diverse land?"

ooc; wat a sleeze
@Aelfwine

You want my heart?
I take credit cards.
Nothing's gonna keep me broke.

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
Relieve my elegant mind,
Shall we cross to the islands then?” She turned her head to look upon the fellow sleuth, gilded and brilliant against the greyed shades of both herself and the earth around them. She offered him a brilliant smile before nodding. He removed his items, and she watched pleasantly, allowing her emerald gaze to rake across his pelt as his scarf slid across what seemed to be such a soft gilded pelt. When he finally placed his things and told her to come on, she nodded in agreement, kicking up her cloven hooves and dashing into the freezing water.

O-oh. OH!” She crooned as the icy waters touched places upon her body that had been warm for the moment. A shiver raked down her spine, visibly shaking her body. She flicked her tail briefly, working toward getting used to the water as it reached the base of her neck. Yet, she waited for Toulouse to catch up, aiming her flicking tail to hopefully drizzle some chilled water upon his hide as he questioned her. “Not long, my dear. Only about a year!” Her voice held the faintest hint of a shiver as she grinned to him before lowering her head slightly and aiming her powerful legs to take her across the frigid waters.

When she finally reached the other side, she felt the slight warmth to the earth she had been without. Spreading her legs a bit wider, she shook whatever cold water she had on her dappled hide, trying to remove the water from her heavy antlers before they dripped onto her forehead in some sort of horrific freezing water log torture. When she had finished, she cast a glance for Toulouse, before lowering to the ground. Her knees hit the sands of the beach where it was dryer before rolling onto it, coating her brilliantly greyed coat with a layer of reds and browns. As she rolled, she kept her head up, her antlers creating little designs in the sand as she moved from her left to her right. When she finished, she laid upon the earth, emerald eyes sweeping over for Toulouse with a grin.

"Talk."
come on, come on —
let the warmth close your eyes.
aelfwine
image | coding

@Toulouse, and open!

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
Toulouse

Greyscale and bare was the ocean and the landscape around them, even the sand lacked any shimmer or goldenness in its grain. His companion held a few glints of colour on the tips of her mane and a pop in her irises, though all else was dull and dreary. She held the only burst of colour he could see for miles.
It brought a smile to his fanged maw, blade-like teeth exposed momentarily as he smiled his crooked smile - the same he always did, the one that didn't involve his eyes. Perhaps it was what it made it so devilish?
There was nothing more terrifying than a face who's eyes didn't smile when their mouth did.

The serpent travelled only a pace behind his gem-eyed companion, eyes roaming her figure as she gasped at the waters temperature and pranced through the murk. Toulouse wasn't even sure why he found her so alluring, it wasn't common for mares to strike him when it was stallions who took his fancy most of the time. There was a task at hand however, and it was time he switched that deprived part of his brain off.

Slinking through the grey waves, the sleuth followed his comrade to the isles. Truly they were fascinating structures rising above the sea and totally unrivalled by any other mountains inland. Their deariness seemed unmatched by anything inland however, and he did find himself wanting to return home the second he stepped onto the shore.
"here kissy kissy" the gelding smirked, 'attempting' to summon that so called sea-god.

Pale hooves creeping ahead of Aelfwines, Toulouse traced around the cliffside and along the shoreline to the cove to investigate. There really was nothing of interest here it seemed, or was there?

ooc; noot sorry i took so long, been sick and just getting back into the swing of things as u know bby
@Aelfwine

You want my heart?
I take credit cards.
Nothing's gonna keep me broke.

x
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT