the Rift

facing fears [Tilney x Archibald]

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
[Image: tilneigh_by_neverrmind-daljdjq.png]

Frostfall’s claws did not sink half as deep in the south - that was more than evident in the temperate winds that passed over the oceans surface on their way to pull gently at Tilneys tangled mane. The chestnuts radiant, cool eyes watched the currents with a happiness for what he had learned to overcome, but also a sadness for the demons he had created. After all it had been here in these islands where two of his life’s most testing trials had been born.

In the Riptide Isles he had been stolen; Stolen from his home, his loved ones, his livelihood. The choking sea had gripped at his clumsiness and pulled him under with cold blue hands and jagged claws of their own, dragging him out to a blue world he hardly knew existed. Tilney’s exile at sea was quite like how the physician had expected hell to be; False hope, sand-covered sores, cracking skin, exposed ribs, and vomit that wasn’t even yours.

These islands housed memoirs of his second great tribulation - one that was, however, directly his own fault. He could not blame the sea or the wind, or even Nephele for his actions that fateful day. It was his own decisions that had lead him to carry out (in his mind) such a vile act. While to others infidelity was hardly a crime, to him it was merely a step down the ladder from murder; A crime of the heart nonetheless. Especially now that the result of his affair had sprung the life of twin boys, children he had not even met.

In short, the Riptide Isles were a true battle ground for this young man. The perfect spot for any training, really.

So the stag gave a stomp, a loud cheer accompanying the thud in the sand. His call was to any nearby equids who may want a scrap, a fight, but he soon added to his booming cry to ensure his preservation - “I require training! I am a father and need to protect my growing family.”

Soon the chestnut had raced down the sand dune he perched upon and entered the water, finding himself upon a wide sand bar. How lucky he was to arrive just as the tide had gone out, he had found himself a wonderful arena with minimal wet patches. Sure there were a few puddles and dips, but getting wet wouldn’t be bad?

“I could use a fighter’s knowledge! A good spar never hurt!”
Peatree swooped over head investigating the ocean water and admiring the starfish from afar, but could soon feel Tilney’s nervousness. The megabat set himself upon his bonded’s antlers, hanging upside down and surveying the area with a narrowed gaze.

ooc; 0/3 - 453 words
teach me sensei! ★
Archi's going to teach Tilney, and Time's going to teach me!
Setting; a rare, sunny frostfall day on a sandbar between the riptide Isles and the mainland at low tide! It's a bit wet, but the sand is resonably deep!

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎