the Rift

[OPEN] Take what you can

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
She comes here because in the end, it is where she always goes. The ocean. It calls to her in a way the pools of the Hidden Falls cannot. Not even the hidden pool of the Storyteller, the one that she has almost entirely to herself. She probably isn’t supposed to just swim around in the sacred pool of the Falls, but she does. It’s not like she’s constantly bothering the Earth God or anything. She’s just lounging in the water he’s provided her. And so far, no earthquake has come to swallow her up for blasphemy or anything. So it’s probably okay.

But still, it is not the sea. It is not home. Not really. The Falls was the place she called home, yes. It was the place she served, the place she toiled and built and worked for. But it was not home. Nothing could be in the way the sea had been once. She’s not longer entitled to the sea, though the seaweed from Kisamoa gave her access to the water in a way she has missed terribly. Still though, she comes anyway. The sound of the waves is calming, and if she listens hard enough on a quiet day, she swears she can hear her sisters singing.

And now, after the strange encounter between Kisamoa and the Moon Goddess, she could stand in the cavern and watch the undersea world. On a cold day like today (hell, like all of Frostfall), it gives her a way to access the sea without freezing. Not that she wouldn’t freeze in order to go for a swim, but today, she contents herself with the cavern. Fish flash through the coral reef, some so new and strange that even she has never seen them before. She watches with a fascination that does not translate to her everyday life, enjoying the moment of peace and happiness that finds her here. It is always short lived, and so, she takes what she can.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Zubari

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy
The boy snuck and slithered away from his home, his world, his life as a "prince". He was tired of the expectations that the adults place upon him. Could he really call anyone there his friend, his family, his anything? Golden eyes wanted to cry with all the thoughts that ran through his mind, but they didn't. His bright eyes remained stone dry, cold, unforgiving, and tired. For a young boy, he was matured much more than others his age. Katua was always out enjoying childhood, but Zubari, himself was not. He was out to seek knowledge to become smarter, stronger, and more powerful. He had no time for childish games; you only live once, and he was not messing up his life because he did not know something. He found spending time with adults furthered his knowledge more than being around a child his age. Today was unusual; he was not out seeking others. He just wanted to be alone. The chocolate toned colt found himself wondering towards the Endless Blue.

It had been days since he had seen his mother and sister, he wish he could say the same for his father. The "King was always around looming over any activity in the herd. He wished that he could look up to his father, but he couldn't, he could not respect a man who had not a single care for his family. His Real family. Hooves soon started sinking into the sands of the beach surrounding the new underground tunnel. His head tilted and eyes brightened as the boy moved closer to the tunnel pausing for a moment. He pondered the thought of actually continuing into the glass covered area, but any negative thoughts were pushed aside. Small hooves moved closer; then he finally entered the mouth of the tunnel. Golden eyes gazed around him in amazement. Fish of all colors swam all around him. The sun's rays glimmered and bounced around the chocolate boy with playful movements. Amazed eyes moved all around the glass tunnel, and his hooves carefully took steps further and further. A smile finally came to the boy's face, and his eyes were brighter than they had ever been. The beauty, amazement, life, happiness, and so much more flowed into his swelling heart. Maybe there was hope after all.

The boy might have been mature, but he was still a child. He was clumsy as a child still. Hooves came to an abrupt halt after he ran face first into the rump ( a fine rump it was) of another mare. Golden eyes looked to the lady; his face would have been red if it were not for his dark coat. Pure horror wanted to fall upon his face, but he held everything together. The boy did not let a single fear show on his face. Idiot, bufoon, clumsy, little stupid self. Why... how did you run into someone. Golden eyes darted to the opening behind him, maybe he should run away... No, he can't. "Oh, I am sorry. I was just trying to get away from me home for a bit. Being a so called prince, everyone always expects so much from me." He rolled his eyes and huffed after speaking. Zubari made it very clear he was not thrilled about his social status. Hooves mooved to stand next to the woman golden eyes looked at the world around them. The underwater world that is."I am Zubari. What is it like out in the world? Are there other God's out there, and what makes a God a God? How are they so powerful? I bet they aren't bossed around like we are." He just started talking to the woman. The boy didn't even know her name, but hopefully, she was willing to share her knowledge.

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Syrena

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
Knowledge is power. Wallowing in self-pity is not. It’s a lesson she’s only learned recently, and only now does she realize just how much time she wasted in Helovia when she could have been learning. Other herds come knocking on her door asking for stories that she does not have to give. It’s exhausting somedays, chasing those stories, chasing knowledge that she should have already had. She’s new enough to Helovia that there is, at least, much she shouldn’t know. But she doesn’t know as much as she should.

Like the damn invasion of the Falls. She was there, and she spent most of it being pissed that her bath has been interrupted. So yes, she knows there was an invasion led by some from the Edge and she thinks the Basin, but she couldn’t tell you why or who or anything beyond that. And this, at least, she should know. She should know how her home began, but all she knows is it wasn’t always the Hidden Falls. But she knows no more than that.

She shouldn’t be wasting time at the sea, but sometimes, she just needs a break. She’s tired and achy and cold and miserable all the damn time and she’s tired of smiling at strangers. But of course, she doesn’t get a break. Instead, something quite literally runs into her rump and she goes reeling away trying impossibly hard not to scream. “What the he…” but her words get cut off as she smashes into the glass wall that holds the ocean at bay and when she sees the child that had run into her. She may be a grouch, but he was a child, and she managed some small soft spot for children.

He’s already apologizing, and she just nods slightly, straighten herself out and getting off the damn glass wall. She needed to learn to deal with touch. Reeling away and nearly smashing a few bones to bits was not an acceptable way to handle anything, let alone an innocent accident. Crowds were becoming a constant in her life – how could she avoid touch forever? The thought sends shivers down her spine though, because it is one thing she is not sure she can learn to change.

“Syrena,” she offers after a long pause when the boy’s barrage of questions comes to a halt. It takes her a minute to process all the questions, and a minute not to just walk the hell away. But she thinks of the little filly who’d found her in the ocean and left a damn dent in her heart, and she softens a bit. Not that a smile crosses her face, or that her voice is anything but deadpan, but she simply looks a bit more approachable.

“The world as in Helovia, or the world outside its borders? There’s a very big world outside this one.” She begins, which is not a helpful answer at all. But she sticks with it anyway. “And where are you from, so I know what other Gods you seek to learn of? There are four in Helovia total. I can’t say how they got their powers, or even if they are bossed around.” Though she suspects he’s probably right, she wonders by what rules the Gods operate. They must have some, to maintain balance in the world or something. But in truth, she does not know. Could she ask the Earth God – would he answer such questions?

And when did she start to care?
"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Zubari - I'm so sorry for the wait! December was a little crazy

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

The woman did not seem very pleases with the boy. Bright golden eyes widened as she kinda gruffed and huffed. His hooves took a few steps away from the woman to give her space. Zubari might be young, but he could read into social cues very well. His light, fluffy tail flicked and fluttered wondering if the woman was going to run him out after all the questions he just threw out there. The sea lady finally speaks her name. Syrena... interesting and her coat was dampened with a wet look. The spotted boy traced her body with his eyes taking in every inch of the fascinating woman. His mouth tightened and twisted as the colt tried to figure out this odd creature. She was clearly a horse, but that skin, why was it so wet? He wanted to reach out and touch her again, but he remained still.

The kinda woman asked him what he meant about the world. Zubari did not know very much about anything because his father kept the boy sheltered, well he tried. The spotted colt was always out adventuring and learning more and more about the world. Bright golden eyes twinkled, was this adult willing to talk with him?"Oh, you do not mind talking with me? Most adults do not want to deal with a child." He tried not to let the frown twist upon his face, but the child could not help it. " Thank you..." His voice was soft and meek as he tried to smile softly. Bright orbs then flicked to the ocean the surrounded them. "I never thought the world could be any bigger. Father tends to keep me hidden and locked away. He believes children should not roam, but how would I learn about anything if I stayed home?." He shook his skull softly disagreeing with the views of his own fathers. Amazement fell upon his face as a school of small fish swam past the two. "Umm I live in Edge. The moon god is our God; she made this tunnel right? I never knew that there were others Gods out there ." His shoulders shrugged slightly "I'm sure they have to be bossed around by someone. I mean there has to be a force out there that keeps even them in line. Without it wouldn't they just kill us all?What purpose do we serve them besides always asking them for stuff? I mean my dad ask's the Moon for a whole bunch of stuff, but she never asks anything of him. Well, you know what I mean. She does not NEED us... we need her."

The boy let his gaze fall upon the woman again. For a young age, he picked up on a lot of things very quickly. He could make a scholar question if the sky were up and the ground was down. Maybe it was in his nature to think profoundly and want to know answers to everything. Maybe he was just learning how to use his words to make others think. Soon the boy will learn that he takes pleasure in confusing people, and planting little bugs in their ears. For now, it was just harmless questions and thoughts.

"Talk."
zubari
"I’ll take my bow I won’t make a sound I whisper truce as the ashes hit the ground

image | coding
Lyrics

@Syrena

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Dragon's Throat Forger
Syrena
let the water take me
“I am not most adults,” she says simply. Because this is terribly true. Even in Helovia, she is rather unique. Without manners or social graces, half fish (siren and kelpie, but without her powers she might as well be half fish), and generally impossible to be around. Children don’t think quite so hard about the lack of emotion on her face and in her voice though. They don’t waste time with small talk. And truthfully, they are smart. This one is full of words, running a mile a minute, and she can’t quite keep up. Some words make it in, others drift past her ears. But she catches enough of it.

He may have a lot of questions, but they weren’t necessarily bad questions. Did any of the adults she knew wonder about why the gods kept them around? Why they didn’t just crush the measly little mortals under their feet? Probably not.

“There are lands outside Helovia. I used to travel many of them, moving from place to place. I am sure I have not seen them all.” So many of the lands Helovia’s hail from were unknown to her. Any that did not touch the sea would have slipped past her notice. Others? She was not sure even she could have traveled the whole world, even when her powers were intact. “Your father wants you safe, I imagine. My mother never cared what I did. There are pros and cons to each style of parenting.”

For instance, you could grow up alone like she did, and end up like her. Basically inept at small talk and social cues. Preferring the company of your own shadow. Though too sheltered, and how could you ever learn to navigate the world for yourself? Not that she’s ever put much thought into parenting. It’s not like she’s dying to be a mother.

“In Helovia, there are four gods. The Earth God, the patron of the Hidden Falls and the god I serve. The Time God, who created the Aurora Basin, and the Sun God from the Dragon’s Throat. And of course, your goddess, who did indeed make this tunnel.” She knew a bit of a Time God, the most the Earth God, some of his goddess. The Sun God was a complete stranger to her, his stories still missing from her slowly growing collection.

She ponders his question more, wondering why the Gods keep them around. It’s not like she can know, not really, but she can speculate at least. “Perhaps we are like children to them. Why does you father keep you around? He does not need you as you need him. But I assume he loves you, that you bring him pride and joy.” Though perhaps it is some entirely different reason. She will never know for sure, but she can offer her thoughts.

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Zubari

Please tag in all posts
Image by Reli