the Rift

Homeward bound(all are welcome)

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

PARELIA
Honest hearts are undercover. We are shadows on our own
The fire lady was back in Helovia. She had been gone far to long, but her baby had gone missing. She had assumed Areli had left  Helovia and she had gone searching for her. She was returning unsuccessful to check on her other three children. Penna cooed softly into her mind trying to sooth the tender parts of her heart. She sighed softly and a gazed around the Threshold. It had been four years since she had first arrived in Helovia and followed Artemis to, the once, Wind tossed Foothills. She smiled fondly at the memory. She hadn't realized it then, but life had been simpler before she fell in love with a man that loved to job more than her.

Shaking the thoughts away she turned towards her new beginning, with some baggage of course. She chuckled softly before moving through the trees that had once felt like a trap. She knew what she would do now that she was back. The Basin and Falls were out of the question, which left the Throat and Edge. She longed to live with her son, but the desert and wild creatures that lived there did not appeal to her. She thought of Gaucho, and smiled shaking her head warmly. No she needed somewhere she felt welcome, somewhere that had given her refuge when she was at her lowest point; the World's Edge.

She thought of Kahlua and Alysanne, the two mare's that had opened the gates for her and her son. She smiled fondly and her heart soared at the thought of meeting them again. 'Time to see if there is anyone around Penna.' The falcon chuckled and took wing as they came to a small clearing that showed the cloudless night sky above. The winged mare called forth her blue flames lighting up the woods around them. If anyone was close they would easily see the shimmering light and hear her call. The pair waited quietly in the midnight clearing.
Speaking  Penna 

Words;; 330
Tags/OOC;; She'll go to the Edge but anyone is welcome to come see her! @Glacia
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

My idea of trying to get more involved was going to the threshold to pick up any new or old and weary wanderers. Many who I had encountered where just coming through the threshold for their very first times, and where often lost, confused, or bickering betwixt themselves. Like the group of crude men and a bitchy whore. But on occasion there where life forms like myself. Who had left to escape the terrors, the memories, or simply for adventure, and had finally wound their way home. Yes, sometimes they returned.

Little did I know that today I would be meeting a mare who was returning, just as I had during Frostfall.

I didn't really expect to find anyone, this time of the night, but then again, who said all travelers arrived in the day? I had traveled during the night plenty a time, to avoid the sweltering heat of the blazing sun. And lately my habits had taken to wandering in the night anyway, to escape the dreams that still haunted my plagued mind.

As I moved through the thick foliage, I catch sight of a clearing, and relief rushes through me. I could take a short break from pushing through bush and stick. My thick body forcing it's way into the clearing, quite suddenly bursting into the moonlight. What I hadn't noticed was that the clearing was already... Taken.

"Oh!" A long neck and head shooting straight up, and feet coming to an abrupt halt, only to slide slightly in the birdsongs still soft pliable ground, giving my a gangly un-cumbersome and clumsy look. The leaves and sticks in my mane and tail didn't help at all. "I'm so sorry! I hadn't realized that this clearing was taken. Ah, I hope I didn't startle you!" A shaky laugh escaped my lips, but my eyes roved the Pegasus mare, because beneath the girlish clutz like appearance lay a cautious creature, one who had experienced the unfairness of the world, and even mental torture of her own device and at the hooves of others. Not to mention, the stoic warrior mother, always chiding at me that I trusted to easily. Thinking of Ayla and her gushing throat so long ago, maybe that was where trusting brought you. Remembering my manners, I straighten. "Since I have stumbled upon you, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Glacia, Of the Worlds Edge. Is there anything I might be able to assist you with? Maybe shelter to rest? Or even a home?"
"Talk."

@Parelia

image | bckg

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

The fire lady, wasn't the only one who had returned home to Helovia. My travels had taken me far away from Helovia, which had not been the intention. But I had gotten word, a possible lead on where one of my sisters children... I had to go. There had been no time to send word to anyone. Alanna had even thought about running home, but I needed her with me. The lead however, had lead us right back to Helovia. This time, I honestly give up finding my sisters children. It has been years. Either they made it here, and are happy and healthy without me, or they did not make it in the wilds alone. No matter what, there is nothing I can do anymore.

For the first time in my life, I need to make choices that put me first. Even my son, would be grown enough to handle himself now. Not to mention, Alanna had taught Arwen everything she could before our mission. I would let my son know I was back in time. But first, I needed to make a return of my own... Only not to the Falls as i'm sure everyone would expect.

The glass beads, clink softly in my mane as blue flames appear ahead. I only knew one mare who held that magic. One that I had not seen for a very long time. Together, Alanna and I go forward as I call upon my dragons of fire to light our way. I am unsure why she is using her fire, and hope that if she is in danger that I can help her. We were old herd mates after all. Before I can arrive, but just as my fire dragons break into the clearing I hear another voice. "Since I have stumbled upon you, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Glacia, Of the Worlds Edge. Is there anything I might be able to assist you with? Maybe shelter to rest? Or even a home?" Instantly I relax. I may not know this girl Glacia, but she is from the Edge. That is enough for me. I step calmly into the clearing and my voice rumbles in answer. "I know I would like to return to my old home. My name is Aaron, and my bonded is Alanna. I was a Glazier when I called the Edge home..." I allow my voice to trail off, not wanting to overwhelm anyone. It is then I turn to Parelia. I offer her a smile and a nod. I don't know how keen she will be to see me, but hey it's worth a try.

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

@Parelia - yep, Aaron crashed

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

PARELIA
Honest hearts are undercover. We are shadows on our own
Parelia smiled warmly at the girl that stumbled upon them. She extinguished her blue flames and stepped forward. Her voice was warm with a tint of laughter, "Are you alright? It seems like you're the one that was startled." There wasn't an ounce of judgment in her voice as she watched the much taller and younger girl. She watched her eyes move over her own body and nodded inwardly at her cautiousness. Parelia wished she had been more cautious at that age. The newer scars upon her body prickled at the thought, she shoved the memories away and looked the girl over. Twigs and other debris littered her mane and tail, and she half wondered with the mare was a newcomer herself.

Penna calls to her mind and her head turns sharply to look to her left. Light bobs through the darkness growing closer. 'Penna.' Without another thought the falcon takes wing to investigate. His reply brings her comfort and she relaxes turning back to the spotted beauty. As she spoke a bright excited smile covers her face. Aaron and Alanna step into the clearing before she can say a word and she turns to smile at the handsome bay and white stallion and his Hellhound. She dips her head warmly to him in greeting as Penna lands upon her long scared withers.

She listens to his words and smiles brighter still. True to his nature the stallion smiles and nods at her. She grins and speaks warmly, "It's nice to see you again Aaron, and Alanna." Turning back to the stallion she smiles warmly, "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Glacia. I am Parelia, I two was once a Glazier at the Edge, and would like to return." Penna screeches and puffs out his chest, "Excuse me mister grouch," she laughs and shakes her chiseled head warmly, "This is my ever faithful, albeit grumpy, companion Penna." He clenches his claws lightly in warning of her annoying introduction, but she can sense his humor all the same.

Speaking  Penna

Words;; 338
Tags/OOC;;  @Glacia @Aaron
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia
The mare was not nearly as startled as I, and a soft laugh erupted from my lips as the winged woman spoke to me. "Oh, yes! I'm quite alright. I was startled, but I don't think there should be any permanent damage." Not like other things. The thoughts drifted into my mind, a flicker for a second. Dark, brooding, sad. But my outward remained pleasant. No one would know. Another approached, a stallion. My ears pricked forward to this newcomer. Muscles tightening beneath skin even more. The painted stud to approach with a wolf by his side seemed to be a pleasant fellow, and a smile lifted my lips as I listened to him. He was from helovia, he had also been here before and was returning for more of the drama and angst. Why did they always return? Why did I return when it brought dulled pain. After all, nothing was peaceful in Helovia for very long. The mare then spoke. She knew this stallion, and she had also lived here as well. Both had been present in the Worlds Edge. Both wished to return. Did I get lucky today, or what!

"It is amazing to meet all four of you. Welcome home, both of you. Since you have expressed your desire to return to the Edge, I would love to lead you home. We can talk on the way. I am curious of your stories." A smile lifted my lips, looking at the two returnees. Aaron and Parelia. Allana and Penna

"Talk."
@Aaron
@Parelia
Sorry for the wait dears! Also sorry it is horrible

image | bckg

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily

AARON
A SHEPHERD I SHALL BE, FOR THEE, MY LORD, FOR THEE, POWER HATH DESCENDED FORTH FROM THY HAND, THAT MY FEET MAY SWIFTLY CARRY OUT THY COMMAND, SO I SHALL FLOW A RIVER FORTH TO THEE AND TEEMING WITH SOULS SHALL IT EVER BE

Voices fly all around as each introduces to each other. I am happy to sit back and let the ladies chat. After all, I have become a man of few words over the last few years. To much life, to many words spoken without thought. I have already announced that I wish to return to the Edge. Any father information would wait until I am either taken back to one of my first homes in Helovia, or told that I was not welcome back. Alanna sits idly by and listens as well. Okay, so maybe not as quietly as I would like. "Once settled in, we need to go find Brendan. I am sure he has grown a lot in out absence. Much like you had to without your parents." That last bit stung a bit. I had wanted to be a better father than my own. Granted, the shades of Islime had taken away any chance of him being a good father.

"It is amazing to meet all four of you. Welcome home, both of you. Since you have expressed your desire to return to the Edge, I would love to lead you home. We can talk on the way. I am curious of your stories." Home. Oh how I love the sound of that. I look to Parelia first, waiting to see if she was going to accept before my own voice rumbles out. "By all means, lead the way. Could you tell us of recent events in Helovia as we walk? There will be plenty more time for our stories later on I am sure." I can only hope I am returning to a peaceful Helovia, much the way I left it months ago. Rather than one at war.

If I had left my son to fend for himself among the Falls while at war... I would never forgive myself. I am not my father. I will be a better father to him, and any future children I sire. "Need a mate first. A good one this time. Not fling like her." Alanna always got really short with me when speaking of Phantom. Can't say I blame her. After all, she had not been a good mother to my son. But I was not much better for a father. One of many things i'd have to atone for now that I am home.

"Talk"
"Alanna speaks"

@Parelia

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.