the Rift

[PRIVATE] pain's not ashamed to repeat itself

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Having spent a couple nights above ground in the winter maelstroms of above, I had decided that being confined down here was not so bad a prospect, after all.  When the promising allure of the warmth in the caverns had been sealed away beneath a frosty gale, and I’d been forced to linger above ground for a couple of nights, I’d learned my lesson.

I now dutifully returned here, to the underground realms, even if the snow might trap me below again.  That I might also be stuck with Mordecai had, for the time, waned in its annoyances, as well, perhaps due to fluctuations in the ever changing emotional state of women (and my own youthful unsteadiness, as well, but surely she was more to blame than perfect me). 

For now, though, Duir and I are alone, the magpie still gone to wherever she’d been all day (why would I care where she was?  I didn’t).  Well, sort of alone, as there is the usual gaggle of persons avoiding the cold as there always is, my golden eyes glancing unassumingly at them as my companion and I pass, headed towards the crystalline cavern. 

Surprisingly, this place has seemed to be empty of others most of the times I’ve wandered about it.  Maybe having something to do with the winding paths and disorienting light the crystals warp and bend throughout the place, I find something oddly… pleasantly peaceful about this place.  Finding my usual haunt, a glassy floored, six foot by eight somewhat circular round some small ways in, framed by a vast array of sharp, reaching pillars of translucent stone, I pull out the small blue stone the Time God had given me, from where I’d tucked it into my shoulder armor.

The release of pressure from where it had been pressed into my muscles all day is pleasant, almost as pleasant as the warmth of the stone itself.  Feeling my own body heat radiate against my winter chilled lips, wondering whether or not I really want to use it again, and knowing all the while that I’d probably have to.  Who wanted to face a God’s wrath?  Not me.

But I also didn’t really want to face more situations like that with Albrecht.  While the task had seemed innocuous enough at first, the reality of it had been much worse. 

As it turns out, I don’t really care for not being in control of myself.

Make you stronger, Duir assures me, to which I simply snort, because…

Was it really worth it?

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Merlin

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

If that big black and gold buffoon had asked me if I thought it was worth losing control sometimes to gain more power; I would have told him 'hell fucking yeah!' because power was always something worth obtaining. But he hadn't said anything to me, he didn't even see me wandering the caves behind him and honestly I didn't even see him; we're just talking rhetorical, fourth wall breaking shit at this moment in time. I'm particularly good at that. Yet that was beside the point, because it was so cold I couldn't even really think clearly, my teeth chattering beneath my soft (and gorgeous) lips. I had come here simply to explore, and once the cold had become too much I had followed the other groups of horses who seemed to deem this an acceptable place to take cover from the sudden storm. However, they had company to stand close to that could keep them warm, where I had one. Mordred tittered atop my shoulder, softly crying in my mind telling me just how cold it really was. I didn't blame him for feeling this way, but unfortunately there wasn't much I could entirely do, since well, I wasn't even keeping myself warm. My beloved bird would have to suck it up for now.

Before I could even begin to think of where I would be going, my body moved of its own accord towards a sloping pathway, the scent of someone trailing along it. A masculine someone. This was enough to urge me forward, deeper in the crystalline depths. I couldn't help but take the time to admire my reflection in some of the rocks as I passed them, because this was me we were talking about. I was always a pleasure to look at. I had been so distracted by the multiple views of myself that I hadn't noticed I had also found the man who I was looking for.

He was turned away from me, leaving me to only happily admire the way his ass was shaped and how it was being held up by some rather strong legs. A twinkle appeared in my eye, and with the sweetest of smiles I begun the game; letting my shoulders shake and my face grow into one of discomfort as I blew air softly past my mouth (not very attractive, but very convincing). I continued this up as I approached the man's side, silver eyes taking all the time in the world to look as his body as I did, before attempting to press myself into his side, softly speaking in the most innocent of tones,"Oh it's so awfully cold! This dreaded storm just won't seem to go away! I don't mean to intrude, it's just I have no one else to keep me warm. I hope you don't mind too... terribly..." Wait. I knew that marking from somewhere. Like pages from a book flipping swiftly, my mind went back into my memory bank in order to find what I was searching for. Nothing came up first until- there! It was him! The man, back then just turning into a man, who helped decided to grab my companion! With that stupid raccoon hocus pocus shit. On top of that he had insulted me too! The wretched little...

"Ew! It's you!" was the only response I could muster from my shock, pulling away from him like I had just rolled into fox dung. My silver eyes were blazing, nostrils flared as I turned to face him in a more wide stance, as if ready to embrace impact from some oncoming attack. My ears had managed to hide themselves deep within my creamy tresses, and soon I was spitting at him again,"I can't believe I touched you... gross! I'd rather freeze." At this thought I began to laugh in that high pitched giggle I had picked up, it mildly grating to some, but to me it was utter perfection. Everything about me was. Soon enough this man would see that as well once I had my way with him (wait what?) When did I want that to happen? Apparently once I realized that despite him being a pompous douche, he was rather cute. Perhaps I would make this work in my favor somehow. For now I would keep quiet, as it seems I've said quite a lot as is.

"Speak"

Merlin

I'm a zombie with no notion of regret

Image Credits Table base by ChatoicMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

@Rikyn - gosh this is awful I'm sorry! Get ready for some fun xD

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

Яikyn
A shiver traces across my skin, and I attribute it to chill, when I should name it being watched. Still, I’m rarely stalked, and have no children, and thereby have little experience with that creeping sensation of having someone stare at you, unknown.

So, when the girl saunters up to me, pressing her body into my side like she’s a woman, and really knows what to do with that sort of behavior, she catches me off guard. Two things happen: a not so uncomfortable sort of warmth blooms somewhere between my legs, and a survivalist’s wariness immediately sparking to life, sending my hooves skittering to the side. Her own body propels away, as if we are oppositional magnets, and when we turn to face each other, she’s not the only one with ears pinned, and breath rattling.

I don’t insult her, though, like she does me. Maybe it’s that warmth down there that drives the gesture, and all my pent up hormones, or the grating sound of her laughter, but I can’t help but snap out at her with my teeth, aiming for her hostile little face. Either way, part of me wants to hurt her, and the other wants…

Oh, gross, Duir mutters, from where he has literally vanished and rocketed into hiding, somewhere close.

The stone falls to the cavern floor with a musical rattle as my teeth violently reach for her. Too distracted by the rush of my blood to notice, it rolls towards her slowly, one uneven side at a time, like the lazy roll of a die.

"Then go freeze, ungrateful bitch," I tell the lying, crazy harlot with a stabbing gesture of my horn towards the way out (and away from me); I remember her from when I’d helped her fetch a bird from a nest, only to be subsequently accused of stealing it. To be perfectly honest, I’m not too keen on touching her, either, despite having some rather manly issues. "I didn't ask to be accosted, did I?"

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Merlin

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

Before I could react he too was reeling back, in the same moment rushing forward with vicious teeth that snapped at my mane, tugging it hard and causing me to stumble from the strength. An involuntary squeal left my lips, before I soon began to burn with an insurmountable rage bubbling within my petite chest and leaving me haggard. Mordred was up at once, screeching his distaste and longing to lounge forward and claw that stupid handsome face to shreds. My eyes were solid like steel, glimmering with blood lust as I screeched in turn,"You son of a bitch! I ought to rip your fucking throat out where you stand you insolent, steaming pile of-" My hoof stepped on something round, causing a soft scraping noise to erupt from it. My rage momentarily cooled I looked down curiously, eyeing the beautiful stone beneath a grey hoof. For once; I was silent. Because this was an interesting find indeed. Soft lips were soon reaching down to grasp the object, lifting it for Mordred to grasp in his talon for me to get a better look at.

It was a rich blue, glimmering as if the stars themselves were tucked away in the translucent depths, leaving me hypnotized. The brute forgotten, I continued to study and enjoy the piece delicately in placed in Mordred's grasp. He too found it to be beautiful, pleasantly crooning as he gently pecked it, before looking to myself with hopeful eyes. He was already wanting to take the thing home. With a rare moment of tenderness on my complexion I smiled to him, pressing my muzzle to his chest lovingly,"Of course we can keep it beloved. Anything for my blueberry." He was elated at first, before realizing what my nickname meant and cawing his distaste, causing a glimmer of mischief to return to my complexion. I couldn't always be sugary sweet for him, I had a reputation to uphold. Which meant continuing to put this little fucker in his place.

"Don't think I'm done with you faggot," I breathed icily in his direction, eyes hard once more as my forelock hung slightly torn and ragged against my forehead. His words were nothing, they were untrue obviously, and I would never admit that his dominant aggression mildly turned me on, but when he decided to ruin my beautiful mane? Shit was about to get real. So with a ruffled bird in tow I approached viciously, nose nearly touching his as my hot breath puffed out into the icy cold, my eyes never leaving those gold ones,"You dare attack a lady?? What kind of man are you?" I momentarily glanced to his manhood, which was fairly larger than I expected, before looking back up to him with a smug smirk,"Obviously not much of one. If I didn't want to get my hooves dirty, I would have stunned you and had my way with you long ago..."

"Speak"

Merlin
 I'm a zombie with no notion of regret

Image Credits Table base by ChatoicMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

@Rikyn - I promise she won't take it lol we can have him grab it back or something! Sorry again for such an awful post T-T

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

I’m formulating insults while she’s still screaming, mostly because she’s threatening me. Me, the full grown stallion, with a hell of a lot more battle badges than this cockless, cocky little runt. All my frustrations are funneled into a narrow point, so that my blood begins to throb in my temples and head, a frown furrowed so deeply into my features that I’m unsure I’ll ever be able to regain a normal expression again. I’m just about to let her really have it when the stone lucklessly tumbles down onto the cavern floor, right underneath her horrid little hoof.

The sound fills the cavern more so than the shrill, blood curdling shouts of the bitch in training. I have enough time to begin to throw aside my carefully plotted, acidic shouts of murder to mouth the word, “no,” before my wide-eyed, rather horrified self is trapped in the throws of the Time God’s magic rock of evil.

"No, you may not keep it," I angrily grunt, managing that through the magical stupor as her bird fondles the stone next, causing the curse to fluctuate between Merlin’s desires, and her bonded’s, "I’ll kill your heinous little pet if I have to, if the guy it actually belongs to doesn’t first."

If she’s lucky, that is. I’m sure the Time God could do much worse than simply kill someone. That’s petty, mortal level punishment; why bother, when you could throw someone into a timeless void, or an alternate dimension of liquid space?

As the bird sets the stone down against her back, the curse equalizes, and the spell rends thoughts of the God from my mind, forcing me to dwell on what is present; the world swims, as if I am drunk, or suffering from a terrible fever, as I struggle against the magic, really, really not wanting to fall under her control at all.

Faggot? is tracery thought as my ears fall back. I manage a rough, bark of laughter in reply to her comment about her being anything more than a whelp with a bad mouth.

"You are a child, not a lady," I remark with a smile, meant to be a smirk (the faint bewilderment I manage to feel at this irreparable mistake flickering through my golden eyes), feeling my annoyance with her slipping away, being replaced, instead, with a desire to make her like me, to be witty, and charming… "thereby you would know nothing of a man."

I don’t know either, if the question is “what is being a man about?” So far, all I’ve figured out is to be nice to women as often as you can, unless they have no manners. Then… I don’t know what to do with them, manner-less or otherwise. Do you lock the wild ones away in a cave? And what do you do with the others, after you’ve decided they truly are ladies?

Just keep smiling, and telling them joke, and stories of your people, your home, yourself? Hope that they lay down with you at night, like Xynia, and ignite a small ember inside that is more truly warm than any fire has ever dreamt of blooming?

Why do I have to think of her, while I am trapped? Those memories, stained, too…

"I am strong, and clever," I tell her, the powerful magic forcing me to be warm, delighted to be in her company, though inwardly, the diminutive me screams, and pummels the walls of his prison, "I have survived on my own in the wild, and have tested myself against the strongest in Helovia, Gods too. What more could one want in a man? Divinity? That is not offered freely in this land."

[ OOC: Lol I apparently decided to use the wrong table last post. Oops. ;_; ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Merlin

Wishlist - Plots