the Rift

[OPEN] Herd Quest

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
AITHNIEL
Aithniel took time to survey the Dragon's Throat from new angles and what she saw was concerning. Despite her desires to make shelters for her herd, she knew that this issue would have to be settled first. With a sigh, she shoved her hoof over the crumbling edge of their island, watching it fall into the ocean. How long did they have before it all eroded away? How long until they were no longer an island but a tomb? It was disconcerting, and even Zera, who was mostly impartial toward others, seemed disturbed.

The Inquisitor quickly hurried back to the center of the island, reaching the fire in minutes with her wings spread. She looked around with narrowed, silver eyes to find anyone who could give her the whereabouts of Maren. Even though the God of the Sun was her father, Maren was the diviner. She had a connection to him by virtue of her post that even Aithniel could not possess. That was an honor and a privilege that she knew Maren took seriously.

"Maren!" she called, her tone urgent but not demanding. "We need to summon the God of the Sun at once and ask him what we must do to fix our island. The edges are crumbling into the ocean, and I am worried we may one day have no rock beneath our hooves," she explained, trying to appear as queenly as possible even though she still felt like a warrior. Was this how it was for Gaucho? She hoped so...

------------------

Aithniel is using my VOTG pass to summon the Sun God.
Quest: reinforce the island so that it does not succumb to natural destruction from being turned into an island.

Image Credit

@Maren @Mythical Request

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

The air she inhaled held the ripples of winter, shivering as she breathed them out in the form of hazy clouds. The tigermare was sitting outside the temple, her left back hoof on a rest while she watched the shimmering dunes move. She could almost hear the Diviner's Fire's crackling flames that burned behind the dune-like formation in its dancy red swirls. Mr. Teatime was purring next to her, swishing his tigertail on the entrance of the Sun God's Temple to keep it from dust. It was a duty Maren had assigned to him, though of course she knew it was barely a way to keep him busy through the day. Those who had lived in the Throat for some time knew that the desert dust was the everyday dresscode for an average desert dweller. Sometimes with and something without a puff of the salty sea's parfume, or the blush of a burned nose. Naturally, that all depended on the individual.

Maren coughed when her companion swooped (swished?) a poorly aimed dustcloud of sand in her face. "Achum, you might want to adjust your angle of incidence, my friend," she said with teary eyes. But it was then that she heard her name mix in with the hissing winds that swirled around the temple, and she turned her head to see the Inquisitor approach them.  

The Young Demi-Goddess looked as strong-willed as always amidst the gold of their land. The Diviner was in the midst of her nod to greet the Sultana when the girl's words went straight to the point. Aithniel's urgent confession rained down with an explanation. "How strange, that does sounds worthy of our concern," she admitted in a thoughtful and slow old-lady voice, even though she was not. However, a slightly more troubled expression now framed her silent eyes. Was their land truly falling apart? "Let us not waste any time then, to the Holy Fire it is!" And she successfully managed to escape Mr.Teatime's dusty efforts, without hurting his feelings, and crossed the heavy sands that separated them from the Diviner's Fire.

As much as their sea felt like a true companion to her as well, she could not afford to misplace her priorities this time. When she had found herself in front of the Fire, along with the Demi-Godess. She watched the curling flames lick and devour the air, watched it spin and dance in its wild and enchanting way, when she scraped her dusty throat to speak in order to hopefully reach him. "God of the Sun, please hear our prayers as we wish to speak to You, Patron of our golden land, as we worry about the state of our island."

I'm sorry for the lame and late post >>

by yewrezz

@*Aithniel
@Mythical Request (forgot to tag before)
Please tag me 

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God listened as Maren's voice spiraled towards his ears. He had wondered how long it would take before the ramifications of Gaucho's long-ago actions were finally realized and addressed. And it filled him with pride that it was his daughter who should be the one to tackle this issue. With her ever clever mind it did not surprise him that one of Aithniel's fire acts as lead was a strategic one, but nevertheless he beamed with fiery fatherly pride as he appeared in a shower of flames.

"Aithniel." He offered warmly, brushing a golden-white feather across his daughter's back in greeting before pulling away. He did not want to suggest that Aithniel's ascension had anything to do with his love for her, and so he regarded her for the time being in her capacity as lead, rather than as his adored daughter. "Maren." He continued, nodding to the halo'd mare with a smile.

"Tell me. What is it you propose? Since Gaucho made our home into an island, the seas have grown restless now that they have not been bridled by the land which once parted them. "

The God's molten gaze turned out to the sea. From here the destruction and degradation was not as apparent, but the God had seen for himself the way the edges of the island had been eaten away by the unnatural changes made so many seasons ago. 

CREDITS