the Rift

Tiptoe Through The Tulips

Nero Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3HH :: 8
Daisy

The stallion was looking even more haggard then usual, his mane dreadlocked and winter coat out in full. Even his wings looked messy, mottled feathers in a disarray. He lumbered along at a steady pace, one foot in front of the next, his muzzle wrinkled as yet another stupid snowflake hit his face. Beneath the fluff he was a bit thin. Nero shook his head against a bluster of wind, his ears tucked firmly against his skull. He was the very picture of distaste.

He wasn't completely sure where he was and frankly didn't really care. It wasn't like it mattered much. As long as he could find a nibble of grass more then what he'd had in his last little haven, he'd be happy. Well- that, and of course it'd have to have as little other horses as possible. Nero didn't really feel like company today. The draft scoffed a little under his breath and moseyed on, dropping his large skull to the ground to munch on a few stalks that poked through the light covering of snow. Winter was a horrible time of year honestly. So was Summer, but Autumn and Spring were okay. Much more mild.

The big stallion didn't think any deeper then that as he wandered into the Threshold. His expression was neutral (for him at least) as he made his way unwittingly deeper into Helovia. He had no idea what would be greeting him, and if he had any clue, he would've turned gracelessly on his hindquarters and left at a much faster pace then he entered. As it was, his ears flicked forwards at the sound of twigs crunching, and his mustard eyes focused on the source of the noise. If he froze and shook a little... Well. Don't tell a soul.

ref1 ref2 ref3
ooc//; i am very rusty so apologies, all welcome

Romina Posts: 33
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 9 Months
Brit
the more people you love
the weaker you are

Romina despises failure. It is a weakness and a crutch she cannot relinquish, but...well, it nags at her nonetheless. The scientist in her mind hisses with displeasure at the failed experimentation of her last visit alone to the Threshold. Even as her childish heart trembles with fear, her logical mind screams itself hoarse whipping her into shaky conviction. It's a terrible state for a foal to be in - her personality is shrouded by the intensity of her technical mind at times, but the beauty of her young heart shines through the mottled cracks of her manipulative, clinical exterior.

She returns to the Threshold.

After the disaster with Yael and the Edge mares, she feels like perhaps she can anticipate what will happen this time. Even without her twin brother, without Kiada, without a companion or her mother...

Well, she thinks tremulously as she wanders through the wretched snow, I'm just fine on my own. She will wear her solitude like a cloak, or perhaps armor. Anything to protect her from the war going on in her own head at all hours of her waking existence. She is the beauty and kindness of her father's heart, the manipulation of her mother's bitterness, the loyalty of her brother's continuity, the systematic machinations of her own warped desire for knowledge. Her own multi-faceted personality spins her on her heels, and this is all she knows.

Escape, traveling as far south as she dares on her own, fearful of Ru'in losing her trail - though he never has - and never returning home. She can't help it though, she doesn't like the cold. Logically it doesn't matter, because the mountains shelter the Basin from the winds and they are blessed with hot springs to soak in, but Romina hates it nonetheless. It's cold, and bleak, and ugly.

So is the poor creature she stumbles upon, her antlers blazing in colorful fire with her surprise.

He's...plain. Which is more shocking than anything else, truly, considering the bounty of Helovia's citizens in their finery and exotic colors. Considering herself even, some hybrid of fawn and foal, even with her natural markings.

"Hello," she says a little nervously, remembering Yael's horrible crying when she'd said it last time. The wind blows fierce and cold and she shivers, face twisting in distaste, wishing the fire of her antlers were actually fucking useful instead of just a dazzling display of opalescent light. "I'm Romina. What's your name?" Probably a little too childish, but who is she kidding? She is a child, and that won't change until time itself deigns to let her grow up.

"Are you new here? Maybe I can...help?" That was the correct word, right? And if her big soft ears twitched nervously, and her bright orange eyes flickered, well...she could use her age as an excuse.

Welcome! :D Hope you don't mind me throwing Romina in here, she's a bit of an oddball baby herself

Romina

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

Her acceptance into the Dragon's Throat had filled her with newfound determination. She would earn her keep, would make them all proud, and would show them that Volterra had made a good decision in making her a part of their family. Was that the correct term to use? Was it safe for her to assume that they had seen her as family now? They were so close-knit, all of them, that it would only make sense that she too was included in this assumption of closeness. She didn't let her mind delve further into that subject, for fear her self doubt would tarnish any growing confidence she had. Her soul could only handle so much, and right now it was brimming with exhaustion and pain, feeling all the grief, sadness and frustration she had kept pent up for months, because she had no one to talk to. She didn't intend on telling anyone anyway.

In the silence of the Threshold came a voice; one so soft and childish that Myrrine almost mistook it for her own daughter's. She paused in her step, listening clearly before it piped up again, as if she were talking to someone else. Without thinking she was moving with an urgent grace, her wings pressed delicately together to keep out most of the cold that plagued them in these months. There were times where they would become frozen, and she would have to wait until they thawed before she could fly again, but it wasn't something she worried too much about. She didn't fly that much anymore. Letting her hazel eyes take in the two before her, she noticed quite a few things. It was a girl and an older man, their colors so different it was like looking between black and white; his molted grey coat mixing into simple earth tones, while this delicate child was fawn-like, a rosy pink and speckled with white spots. She began to wonder who would let their daughter wander out this far. She wasn't really one to talk though, because she wouldn't be at all surprised if Laume had done the same exact thing as she. Myrrine had done it when she was a child too, perhaps it was a filly thing.

"It's awfully cold for everyone to be out wandering today," she mused, acknowledging both of them with a sweet smile, dipping her head politely in greeting as she continued,"Please forgive my intrusion. I couldn't help but be curious as soon as I heard voices. My name is Myrrine, it's a pleasure to meet both of you!" She wasn't lying; she had been very curious about who was talking and who was listening, and she also couldn't help but wonder if perhaps this little foal was looking for something too. By the time Myrrine had been close enough to catch a scent, she had quickly recognized the smell of one of the northern herds, causing her to determine that this little girl certainly did have a place to call home. She studied her again pleasantly, before finally turning into the direction of the older man.

"Welcome, please let me know if you do have any questions. I'd be happy to guide you anywhere you need to go, and I'm sure Miss, I'm sorry, I don't believe I caught your name," she stopped suddenly, looking to the pink doe and smiling sheepishly, kindness radiating from her like a space heater, before she was soon giggling and looking back to her other company,"Nonetheless, I'm sure she can help you as well should you need it."

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Nero - lemme know if you don't want to be tagged! I'm prepared for the grumpathon to begin!
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Outcast
Daisy

The small part inside of him which wasn't bitterness and loathing wanted to quake with fear at the sound of an approaching animal. Time had taught him that finding another horse meant nothing good; usually, pain. There was of course small exceptions to the rule but nearly every encounter he had with another ended up in some form of violence. Nero wasn't exceptionally brave, either, nor did he particularly relish fighting even if he was likely to win. He'd much rather avoid it. The big stallion started backing up, ears laid flat to his skull and nostrils flared. He wanted to yell out at whomever was approaching to not take one step closer- but his voice was locked in his throat.

When the figure did appear he relaxed minutely, pins flicking forward just a fraction. Even he couldn't be so sullen in the presence of a cute little foal. She was very interesting to look at, he thought, pumpkin-squash optics taking in her odd tail, colouring, and features. She almost looked like a deer rather then a horse, and some of the uneasiness that had left him returned. Could she be an illusion? Or some form of trickery? Perhaps she wasn't a foal after all... He took another step back, but more reluctantly this time. He wasn't really afraid, and there was nothing in his gut that warned him to be cautious of the oddly presented creature. Nero was, however, slightly concerned that such a young one was wandering about on her own. It'd be far to easily for her to get injured or lost.

The roan tried to dismiss it; it wasn't his business, and it wasn't his problem if she was in trouble. As much as he tried to muster up the will to turn and leave her there all alone, he just couldn't. Foals were the only things he could talk to without feeling unsure, uneasy, filled with hatred, and it had been a long time since he had been in the company with one. Gingerly the older horse stepped closer. His ears flickered forward at her quiet greeting, and any pretense of coldness dropped. Grumpy, he could still be, but mean? To such a sweet little foal? Not possible, unfortunately. His reply to that soft voice was a gruff snort. He couldn't quite remember how to speak without a snarl, and he guessed it'd be a good idea to work that out before he opened his mouth.

He twisted his tongue in his mouth and took a deep breath before replying to her question, thinking over what to say. "My name is Nero." Short and sweet was acceptable, surely. He did not have anything more to say. The stallion was amused to find his voice rough with disuse- had it really been that long? It would be a shock to him, when he realized it, to know he was now 8 summers gone. It had been a half year since he last conversed with someone in terms of actual language. At the filly's next question his eyes narrowed slightly."Child, how could you possibly help me?" He rumbled, before pausing and letting out a breath, his voice softening. "You are the one all alone, you must be more careful." Inwardly, he winced. He hoped that didn't sound too foreboding and scare her off.

He wasn't villainous, despite what he wanted others to think. He wanted nothing more then to be left alone, but first... He wanted to make sure Romina was alright. All of a sudden another horse entered the scene and Nero wanted to curse himself for being so stupid. He should have been paying more attention- now he was caught unaware. The big brutes face twisted in a snarl and once more his pins were against his neck, everything about his appearance screaming to leave him alone. He ignored her first comment quite obviously with a snort and an eyeroll, slowly stepping back. It then occurred to them she could be a danger to the foal, and he stopped in his tracks. Fuck. He caught her next sentence and became even more hostile. "It's far from it. Nero." He muttered out, quietly pleased that he'd managed to be somewhat polite in giving his name, while still remaining absolutely unwelcoming.

If he was a dog he'd have his hackles up but instead his head was just extended much like a snake, warning the mare to stay away lest he sinks his teeth in. Nero listened somewhat patiently, and at last when the female had finished, he replied. "I do not require your help, vixen, nor do I require your incessant chattering. I am simply trying to assure the foals safety." His voice held a little snarl and he glared at her sternly. She was pretty, he had to admit, but that meant nothing, except that she was likely more privileged then he. Her wings were extraordinary, and despite his distrust, he allowed his eyes to rest on them admiringly for a few moments.

ref1 ref2 ref3
ooc//; That's a bit better. @Myrrine @Romina

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H
Devils appear white and heros dress in black.
What does that make me? Who does that make you?
The golden gaze sees all.
Looking through the bushes the does watches as the big brute's face twists in to a snarling, fierce expression of frustration. Ears pinned and teeth bared she does not need to speech to understand that he's fed up with the situation and not seem interested in listening to anyone else speak. The silver doe continues to watch, amused by his over reaction to the other mare's comment. With a huff she continued to watch the banter, curious when the stag suddenly appeared to calm, taking slow steps backwards. What had caused the sudden change in his attitude? Her golden orbs flicked to the young pink filly that stood within the chaos, barely catching the name if it weren't for Wynter's gentle prodding. Nero. Strong and vigorous, a name once worn by a tyrannical leader. The griffin perched in the tops of the nearby trees seems to find this information amusing, yet Arah could already seem similarities between the two. History always had lessons to teach, if only one listened to the quiet voices. More quietly than ever she watched through the brush, concerned for the youngling and indeed for the mare. If it came to a physical confrontation, the doe doubted the mare would be able to hold her own against the the brute, intellectually, however, remained to be seen. Arah certainly did not feel much concern about being in such close proximity to the brute, only caution and indeed even a certain amount of curiosity.

He is poised to attack the mare, Arah frowns as she continues to watch wondering if she should perhaps intervene, if not for the mare's sake then at least for the little one. When he worked his words and pledged himself to the foal's safety she finally revealed herself, stepping delicately through the bushes. Shaking the snow from her coat Arah looked to the brute, mare and foal with a soft smile for each. There had been no need for name calling in her opinion. To Arah the mare was not a vixen, her tongue was sweet and her face even more so. Young. She looked no older than four years of age, perhaps even younger. Naive but better than brazen as the brute is. Sighing softly she looked away from the two adults and at the filly. The true picture of young innocence, once as she had been herself. It was beside the youngster that she positioned herself, although it was not a protective stance yet. Instead she cast an eye over the pink hued filly to make sure she was okay. "Hi na- ú- foeir." She sighed, looking over to the stag once again, then her golden orbs included the youngster and the winged mare within her words. Hopefully her calm words would have a soothing effect on the rising tempers. "I am sure the lady only meant to welcome you to Helovia." Arah glanced towards the pink hued filly with a smile before returning her gaze back to the stag.

The woman did not seem to be a threat in anyway to the filly. In fact the only threatening presence here was the brute Nero. "All newcomers to Helovia pass through here." For a moment Arah's memories trickled through the tree tops, the first day she herself had wondered through these tree. So careful she'd been not to catch her antlers on the low hanging branches of this forest. How she'd been lead back to The Basin and her adventure in Helovia had begun. Or rather it began the day she'd entered through this forest. "Most appreciate a guide and an invitation to visit a herd." With a coy smile she turned her gaze towards Wynter who watched from above keeping her sharp gaze on Nero.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Outcast
Brit
the more people you love
the weaker you are

Rather than explosive tears, she is greeted instead with uneasily pinned harks, a face that is both terrified and angry. Her body goes still, tentative around this display, and her head lowers a little submissively. Even when the tactician in her mind chirps and whirs with pleasure at this new display of emotion she has not encountered, her primordial body knows what to do. Anger is a natural aggressive habit to develop to ward away others, but it is used out of fear, the annoying voice in her head clicks out monotonously. But what does that mean? How can that possibly help her? Romina has still yet to figure out these vast chasms between her personalities, and how to maneuver them without falling into the black pit between, the hysteria she'd fallen into after meeting Yael.

But any violence in the stallion's form seems to soften when she speaks, and her big ears rise hopefully beside her antlers. He grunts at her, a low snorting sound, and she delightedly snorts back at him. That was the correct reply, right? It reminded her of when Leif had taught her how to sing through imitation. If he was doing it, then it was surely familiar territory. And then he speaks, which is something she can definitely rely on.

Fear sweeps out of her body like dust on a brisk wind, sensing that he has no qualms with her and proceeding fearlessly. Someone that spoke was someone she could understand, unlike Yael's wailing ramblings and her own fearful responses. "Hi!" It comes out far too childishly exuberant in the wake of her relief, so she clears her throat and tries to put on a serious face to mimic Nero's. When his voice hardens doubtfully, her lips curve into a bit of a pout that she tries to conceal, remembering the mean candy-faced woman she and Kiada had run into. But he softens just as quickly, and he reminds her of Deimos very strongly. It makes her feel comfortable, to see her herd's leader in him, and she smiles instead.

"My mama is the Lady of the herd in the north, so...I can help that way?" she loses her confidence halfway through, wondering if that really was helpful in any way. All she knew was that she hated the cold, and with her twin's disappearing act she was left alone in the world. This was where she wanted to be, shepherding lost souls as an excuse not to return to the empty cavern that was supposed to be her home for the night. Her face falls and shatters like glass on concrete, his concern for her and the recollection of why she does not have a companion like an arrow to her porcelain heart.

"I'm sorry," she breathes, though the voice in her head scoffs - what are you apologizing for, stupid girl? You've done nothing wrong. "It feels less lonely to meet new people, but most of them don't like me," she states clinically, tiny shoulders shrugging helplessly, not understanding why it could potentially be a sad thing to say. It's all she knows, and though her mother begs her to stay in the Basin, she wanders in hopes that Hotaru will come down and find her instead of trying to keep her caged. The logical part of her knows, though, that a Lady cannot always abandon her post in such a manner.

Then a new mare comes, and Nero's aggression returns. Romina cocks her head and observes him, worried not for herself but for him. He is the only one of the strangers she has met in the Threshold so far to spare her any kindness or ask how she is capable of helping, and she likes that. Grumpy disposition and all. So she latches onto it with both hands, and doddles after him on tiny limbs when he backs away from Myrrine. "Are you okay?" she whispers it like a secret, like she used to do with her brother and Kiada. Things like this she'd quickly learned were only shared in private - emotions, feelings, secrets.

Then another mare comes, and Romina steadily shrinks smaller, averting her eyes and unsure of her place once more. "I'm Romina," she tells Myrrine in undertone, not sure what else to say. Her heart warms when Nero says he wants to keep her safe, and she smiles at him, her antlers lighting up in pretty pinks and blues with her happiness. Casting colorful shadows all over her face until Arah speaks up, interceding on behalf of Myrrine.

Though Romina does stare strangely at Arah's last words. "Really? I don't think you're right. Nobody has ever been very happy when I've tried. Maybe they're allowed to be unhappy then. It is a new place," she points out, though her voice is still soft and unsure, perhaps even a little stiff. She's never spoken up against an adult before - simply manipulated, cavorted, and white-lied her way around them to get what she wanted. But Romina hadn't had a positive Threshold experience before, so surely the mare must be lying?

"Maybe he can feel how he wants," she murmurs, eyes dropping and hoof scratching at the earth, digging her flexible toes into the frozen ground. This is the extent of her rebellion, without the assuring force of Kiada's wit or Ru'in's bulk at her side. It feels so much colder these days without them.

Romina

@Myrrine

Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

He is a lot more disagreeable than she had ever thought. His words are like whips across her hide, and she nearly flinched at them if she hadn't notice the defensive stance he was taking towards the filly, who in turn seemed to have taken a liking to him. The familiarity was so strong of her relationship with Mauja that she couldn't, wouldn't be angry at him. He felt cornered and upset, and he was doing what it took in order to protect a foal. There was kindness in him somewhere if he was looking out for a lost child. She fights away the tears that sprung so suddenly in her swell of emotion, and her smile slowly faltered to an expression of gentle concern. She still hasn't spoken, only watching as the little girl whispered to him with a concerned expression, and she couldn't help but feel pleased with this.

Children always saw the good in others. Always. It was enough to nearly make her smile again, about to speak when another intervenes, and with hazel eyes now focused on the new beautiful creature; she feels a little put out. Despite how she may have looked or acted, she could handle her own battles. She wanted to mention so, but then she realized that this unicorn was also doing what she felt was best. She was seeking justice and protection for those who she felt needed and deserved it. This was another sentiment the winged damsel could understand very well, even if she hadn't been as bold as the older woman in voicing it. After all of the words and sentences swam through her mind as she watched Nero calmly, wondering what could make him so cold. Who had hurt him to make him feel so... angry?

"Though I mean no offense when I say this to you Miss, I have to agree with Miss Romina here. Perhaps I startled him and he acted out because of it. It seems his intentions were only pure," she mused softly, eyes switching between the three thoughtfully, ears pricked in the utmost attentiveness,"I must apologize Sir Nero. I certainly had no intentions of startling you or harming our friend here. I only meant to welcome you, though I understand not everyone enjoys... 'incessant chattering'." The bile returned to the back of her throat and she did her best to remain composed, but one could easily see how hurt she had been by him within those large eyes. She had only wanted to help, and she had been slapped in the face in response. It didn't seem like the best way to establish oneself in a new land where no one knew you. She supposed only time would tell how things turned out for him.

"Talk."
can create great beauty

@Nero

Outcast
Daisy

Nero watched the foal closely, wary of scaring her off. If she started to run, the heavy-set stallion doubted he would be able to catch her- and even so, he surely wouldn't be able to without terrifying the poor little thing. She was so small and helpless. He too had been like that once and he would do all he could to shelter her and other young ones from the harm that he underwent. The world was a cruel, bleak place and children needed protecting. Her delightful little snort almost bought a smile to his mouth but the muscles were locked in place. Instead, he softly extended his nose closer to her as slowly as he could, a small knicker in the back of his throat.

He was sure there were many insidious creatures about and the tall brute wished he could just bundle her up inside his wings and slowly guide her some place safe. He wasn't exactly sure where that would be, of course, since no place he had found so far could be considered that. There was always something lurking in the shadows. A pittance of a grin whispered across his maw at the foals next innocent speech. Her self-assurance was so low that even a statement was a question, and he could not help but become even more protective. She was so malleable whilst those that surrounded her were rock strong. "I see Romina, but I do not need aid." He watches her face fall and his stomach plummets with it- what caused such a somber expression on her dainty features? He wanted desperately to ask but held his tongue. It was her own pain to bear, even if he wished he could ease it. The mottled stallion has a chance to say something when she next speaks, however, and he is grateful for the opportunity. ”Do not be sorry Romina.” He paused, gaze wandering away from her with a small cough. The stag wasn’t comfortable with brazen displays of emotion. ”I like you.”

The black roan felt oddly trapped. While he wanted to ward off everyone else, he couldn’t help but soften and become malleable around the foal. He felt like he was letting down his cold defenses by allowing the foal to wobble closer after him- but by god, it was so sweet to see. At her question he nods with pursed lips, wanting to reassure her but at the same time remain menacing. It wasn’t like this was his foal. He was surely showing weakness. The best thing to do would be to leave but his heart twitched at the thought. The stallion didn’t know this mare, and the foal didn’t, either. Why did Romina have to cause so much trouble? He huffed inwardly, while still keeping his exterior as frosty as possible. His growing distaste for this situation only heightened when yet another stranger joined. There was something odd going on here. None of the horses seemed outwardly aggressive, quite the opposite in fact, and yet… They had to have an ulterior motive.

He narrowed his mustard optics at the approaching lady, nostrils flaring. They were almost other-worldly, in their strange coats and inconvenient tresses, with odd markings and even odder protrusions. Mutants perhaps? Maybe this land was even harsher than most. Whatever was going on, he didn’t trust it. He also was getting fairly sick of feeling as if he should be thankful for all this useless white noise. He snorted at the white mare. ”Regardless, I do not care.” All this talk was exhausting, as was the constant effort to maintain his grouch. His neck felt stiff and his jaw ached. If they wanted to fight him, yell at him, curse him, whatever they wished, he just hoped they’d get it over with soon. He was in dire need of food and some rest.

Yet, despite his inward begging, the talking went on. Women. All they did was hark on about nothing when they should be doing something better with their lives, and then turned around as soon as they could to blame it all on someone else. The self pity that they all seemed to flourish in infuriated him: as well as the familiar presence of condescension. His loathing grew bitter on his tongue, collecting in his mouth. Of course, he didn’t have all that much in the way of experience, apart from his mother and a select few others, but for the stallion, that was enough. His mind set, he barely listened to the white female, but the word Helova sparked his interest enough to bring his attention back to her. He wondered briefly if this was the name of her territory- if that’s why she had come to greet him. He wondered if this was her technique, to patronise every individual away. ”Then feel free to entertain most with your delightful arrogance.” The stallion's voice was uncharacteristically light, adding to the contrasting scorn of his words.

The foals reply to the mare… Arah’s words made a small chuckle slip from his lips, unbeknownst to him. It shocked him for a second and he startled in place, for a second wondering where that odd noise came from. When his mind collected itself to remind him it was his own laugh, he blinked and returned his expression back to negatively neutral. The interruption swept aside to think about when this was all over, Nero reluctantly twitched his ears towards Myrrine. As she attempted to settle any grievance, attempted to understand him, and finally apologised to him, the stallion became deeply unsettled. ”What do you want from me?” It just slipped out, his voice gruff. Again he had spooked himself and the stag grew angry at himself. What a miserable situation he was in. It wasn’t even purely the foal who was keeping him here now- his curiosity was peaked. Where was he, why were these people trying to welcome him, and why in god’s name was this odd mare acting so…. Kind?

ref1 ref2 ref3
ooc//; I’m loving this! Please know in no way do I agree with this jerk @Myrrine

A R A H
The stallion's attempt to scorn her resulted in an eye roll, as if he thought himself clever. At most she would have given him a gentle touch on the shoulder for the effort - it was like a child attempting to outsmart her. The doe had faced opponents both more deadly and more intellectual than he. For this stranger was simply a new comer with a poor attitude who probably never been parented. With a shake of her head she chuckled at the stallion's words. "You're flattering yourself," the doe responded to his words wondering who put the idea in his thick head that he was the center of the universe. "No one said I came here for you." Arah eyed him with a doubtful expression, surely he could not truly be that daft. "Whatever gave you that impression is beyond me." She'd not welcomed him to Helovia nor given him an invitation to visit her home. In fact the most she'd done was feel disgusted by his behaviour around the younger girl and rude towards towards the winged mare. Furthermore he was not the kind of personality she'd want living in the same land as her daughter. No, it was not the stallion that she was interested in recruiting. In truth she'd not come here to recruit, rather protect. "Which speaks volumes about the truly arrogant one here, sir." Not even the thought of extending an invitation had crossed her mind.

At the youngster's look Arah smiles, even gently laughs at the foals words. "I'm incorrect?" Arah asked with a curious tone, her eyes settled on the pink girl unblinkingly. "Why is that? Simply because you weren't there to verify, I must have misjudged the situation?" The doe was not mocking the child and spoke to her as an equal. No, she was challenging the youngster to think and consider her words. The girl had dismissed the doe's experiences as 'not right' simply because she had not been there herself. It was a foolish assumption. Either that or the child thought her a liar, though Arah would not even grace that idea with a response. "You were not there." You do not know. Besides, the doe had brought many to her homelands where the newcomer had settled happily into their new life. The doe herself had been appreciative of Basin troops recruiting her, Arah smiled reflecting upon her own personal experience of entering through the Threshold. "Don't be so quick to pass judgement on another's words, Romina." It will not do you any good.

Arah watches as the youngster drops her gaze to her hoof and begins scratching at the earth, digging her flexible toes into the frozen ground. The doe sighed, wondering why the girl had decided to challenge her words quite so strongly. With a shake of her head she flicked her gaze over to the stag. "I don't recall telling him how to feel." Looking to the seething brute she curved her chops into a salacious grin, "I was merely stating how most reacted, I gave no demands nor commanded any other emotions."

At the stag's question she barely graced him with a look. "I don't want anything from you." Turning back to the youngster she smiled and inspected her closely. "Romina, would you be interested in an escort home?" Arah asked, tilting her head to the side curiously. Again she did not command or simply assign herself as the girl's protector. She spoke to Romina as an equal who was capable of making her own decisions. "Prehaps along the way we can stop at my home land, I'm sure my daughter would love to meet you." Arah waited patiently, wondering what the youngster would choose. Turning she looked to Myrrine with a smile. "You are welcome to join us Myrrine." The doe said offering the invitation to the other mare.

That was the reason she'd appeared. Not to invite the brute to her home but to offer the girl and mare an escape from this deplorable creature. He had not made a good start in Helovia. Without friends Arah doubted his survival chances.

She wasn't afraid of the sheep in wolfs clothing.

@Romina

Outcast
Brit
the more people you love
the weaker you are

Romina has never really experienced disappointment, but she feels it like a strange entity in her chest when he denies needing any aid. Unlike the others she'd encountered, she actually kind of liked Nero, and if she had been able to aid him in some way...perhaps she would have felt a little less useless. But it doesn't matter because he says he likes her, and her eyes light up like orange paper lanterns, smile shining on her little face. "I like you too!" she chirps, her long tail swishing in the snow, flames heating her antlers once again in her delight. Little legs stamping and ears flicking with joy. Ru'in loves her, Mama loves her, her and Kiada had been more partners in crime than anything. But Romina doesn't have friends, and it's a novelty that makes her blood feel like spiced cider, even in the face of the other mares.

The butterfly girl, almost as exotic as the fawnling mutant, at least is somewhat nice and apologetic for her actions. But Nero takes control of the conversation, and nobody is really talking to her, so she just...sits quietly. Listening. A little uncomfortable, a little unsure. But then Arah turns and Romina's horns flame up into opal colors again, and her face turns twisted.

"You weren't there when I was there either, though," she points out softly, and the tactician in her mind is suddenly grabbing onto the reins, wrenching her mouth into words. "I didn't say you were wrong? I said "I don't think you're right". Isn't that an opinion?" And okay maybe her voice wobbles a little there, suddenly unsure if it really is an opinion. But the wording...it is, isn't it? Then why is Arah telling her she's wrong?

"You didn't even say anything about the fact that they're allowed to be unhappy, you don't care that he's different or that I'm different, not everyone feels the way you do and you're mean about it." Her chest is quickening and she's suddenly crying midway through her sentences, her antlers swathed in fire and her cheeks wet with emotion. They aren't loud sobbing cries, but the tears come in silence nonetheless. Childish in her accusation of Arah being mean, perhaps, and it's definitely not the right word. Insensitive would perhaps be better, or apathetic, but Romina isn't old enough to know those kinds of words.

She doesn't really like this mare, the gentle, almost mocking condescension just because Romina tried to stand up for Nero. When she was just trying to do the right thing. What even is the right thing to do anymore? The filly doesn't understand morality, she tries her best mimicking people, but it's like hanging from a ledge and one wrong move can wreck her for the rest of her life. She doesn't understand, and she doesn't know how to translate her own emotions, and her eyes are shocked at her own tears because she doesn't comprehend what they are or why they're happening again.

"You don't even care how he feels, you don't even look! He's not mean, he's...he's just hurting! Do we...do we just ignore that? I thought we're supposed to help in the Threshold? Isn't that our job? I just don't understand. You didn't even give him a chance," And her little voice breaks and she's hiccuping through her words, not really angry but upset, feeling like she has no earth beneath her hooves. He's not mean, he's not. He said he liked her, and nobody likes Romina. Doesn't that mean he deserves kindness? It's like when her Mama says that the voice in her head isn't real, or that she just needs to grow up into it. It's like when nobody understands the things she sees, the actions she points out, the words on her tongue.

She's just so lost. She doesn't understand anything about the world or people, and she can't stand the not-knowing.

Her tears slow, and she clenches her jaw and backs away, furious at herself for the expression of emotion she never allowed in herself. But then Arah is suddenly nice, and Romina makes an odd bleating sound of distress, not sure how to reconcile all of this. She doesn't hate the woman, she just...she's so sick of being told that she's weird, and wrong, and it hurts.

"I...I don't want to go home, I don't like it there. But...Nero, what do you wanna do? Do you want a herd?" Her spat with Arah had distracted her, and her wet eyes are so, so sorry as they gaze at Nero. It's not his fault she's emotional, or that she has these buried issues that Arah had poked at unintentionally. It's probably not even Arah's fault, either. "I can stay, I can show you where things are if you want. If not..." she tries to regain her composure and looks over to Arah, though her eyes stay low. "I'd...like to go. But I'm not good friends with foals," she admits quietly, though after her outburst it wouldn't be a surprise if Arah didn't want Romina to meet her daughter.

Sorry for the tears, but I like to stay true to the fact that she is a young and troubled girl and therefore emotional!

Romina

@Myrrine

Watermel0nBob

Things suddenly took a complete turn. She watched in utter shock at the words leaving the doe's mouth, full of no emotion but cutting with such an edge she feared she would be cut. They weren't even addressed to her, and though she knew Nero had not been the kindness, she didn't understand why responding unkind in return was at all helpful. Then she continued towards the child, though she wasn't necessarily rude in her wording, the tone and implication was so condescending that Myrrine couldn't bear to hear anymore. She was stepped forward, eyes filled with burning determination to stand up for this innocent child that Arah was treating like a shamed adult; ready to lash with her words when she was interrupted by the little fawn. She paused, watching her attentively, because what else could she do with this debate going on before her, and with a nervous glance she turned to Nero, wondering what his reaction may be.

It was his soft question that she was thinking of now, the fear and confusion written in those dark eyes, and with the most tender of smiles she whispered to him, as if it would balm the harsh lines of Arah's previous tone," I ask nothing of you Sir Nero, you may do as you please; I wish to only aid you should you need. Both Romina and I want to." As if on cue her attention was on said child, just in time to see the tears begin to form. Her blood ran cold, eyes on the little babe who was only trying to help who she thought was a friend, and to be judged for it, to be told she was wrong simply because she didn't agree was something that the spotted lady would not stand by. So she was moving, standing beside the little child and man with her eyes full of fire, though her tone was even and oddly calm," Miss Arah, though your help has been appreciated thus far, I suggest we end this conversation where it is. There are much more important matters to worry about."

Her eyes are upon the child, her smile sweet though she was hurting behind the facade for her, wanting to reach out and give her tender kisses and let her know that she didn't think she was wrong. She wouldn't have said the voice in her head wasn't real had she had known, she would have never questioned the babe on her mind's musings, because this was the time they learned about the world and how it worked. Yet did she really have a say in the matter? Though she was a mother herself she hadn't shown it, and as they spoke her own child was wandering around the Edge; bitter and hurt that their Mama wouldn't come home to them and be happy. It killed her inside to know that she was not providing for her, to be there when she got scrapes on her knees and woke up from a nightmare, but she could not head back to the land where she felt the ghost of who she was in every tree and branch, in every way someone smiled at her like she was a fragile thing. The Throat was her new solace, and she found comfort in the chance to start again. Even when her child had chosen not to follow.

She fought back the tears, because she couldn't cry about her own selfish ways, especially in front of this child who needed her to be strong and to support her. She was invited to be escorted home by the stern unicorn, and although Myrrine wanted nothing to do with her, the pink fawn did, though she seemed reluctant since Nero was still uncertain. With eyes looking to him swiftly, and then to her, she spoke up once again with a cheerful gleam on her complexion, as if that would take away all the pain she was feeling," Of course foals would like you my sweet! I'm sure my daughter would love to meet you as well! Why don't you let Miss Arah here escort you home, and I will escort Nero to where ever he pleases. Be it to your home, to mine, or a neutral land I will show him so that you won't need to worry about him. Would that be alright with you?" At that point she was asking both of them, and a flick of her ear in his direction was her only indication, for she figured the beast would at least humor the little girl who was in tears over his well being. Though she knew he was lashing out, scared and uncertain how to process his emotions as the filly had mentioned, she was mildly concerned about being alone with him. She would never express that to the little girl now, because she had shed enough tears for the day. Myrrine would love to see her smile.

" Speak"

OOC:
MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply
semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Nero - It's gross I'm sorry

Outcast
Daisy

Nero smiled at the filly's acclamation, the sensation still feeling foreign on his staunch face. Something in his belly felt unusual- it had been so many years since his last encounter with a horse was amicable, and he'd never had someone like him enough to say so. It was surely softening his defenses, which made him feel uneasy. He could not help but wonder if this was some kind of plot to trap him, but there was no guile in Romina's eyes. The other two that had joined him, he was not so sure. He certainly felt no kindness towards the silvery mare.

At the grey unicorn's laugh a tight, mocking grin presented itself on the brutes maw, inwardly scowling at her words. "Nor did I, I was just implying it would be best if you leave- your presence is distasteful." He was at a stage when he wanted nothing more then to tear into the mare. Her arrogant attitude irked at him greatly, and his belly twitched with the knowledge that her words were sharper, smarter then his own. She was, however, much smaller and younger then he and he liked to think he'd have the advantage if he set upon laying into her. Unfortunately, he feared that would certainly frighten the foal, so he kept his peace, although his growing dislike was apparent in his gaze. He simply snorted at her comment about his vanity, knowing he was nothing of the sort. He held no pretenses that his company was pleasant, nor his visage.

His loathing grew greater as the steel mare's words sliced at the yearling. It became quickly apparent that they were upsetting the unusual foal and Nero hissed, neck snaking out once more and teeth bared at the pathetic excuse for a female. Were they not meant to be motherly, as their very essence? She was just another reminder of a failed creature who's self came before everyone else, much like his own dam. He could see likenesses between them in his black and white brain. He wanted nothing more then to step in and lash out at the unicorn, prepared to throw his large weight into her much smaller frame with as much power as he could muster. As the filly started to cry he snarled, taking one step forwards.

But it seemed that Romina was capable of fighting this on her own, and he settled beside the deer-like foal, longing to nudge her consolingly. As she finished her heart-wrenching speech, Nero gave into the temptation and gently pressed his snout to her neck. "It is alright, Romina. She doesn't have to give me a chance and I wouldn't want her to, I want nothing to do with such a creature." He did not turn from the filly, his words entirely directed towards her. For a second, he forgot the animosity and focused purely on trying to make this tiny girl happier, less weighed down by her struggles. It made him uncomfortable that she had stripped him so quickly of all his hatred and saw it was just fear, but he supposed his act really wasn't that beguiling.

The contrast of this encounter was beginning to wear on him greatly. Myrrine's soft tones caused his ears to twitch towards her, a small tremble running up his body. He was still very cautious about her. She seemed so kind. It worried him greatly. No other adult had ever been kind to him, and he doubted today would be the start of that change. A few had begun just like this mare, but at the end of the day, selfishness, greed and pride always won over. He wasn't sure how to reply to her words and simply settled on a soft nod of his head, eyes narrowed slightly. His suspicion lurked underneath the surface of his acknowledgement and he only grew more confused as the butterfly winged lady stepped closer to him and the foal, apparently trying to further ward of the white witch. He smirked a little at that, childishly pleased with himself.

The conversation moved onto what was next. This, he was fairly stumped about. Anything that came out of Arah's mouth was abominable as far as the stud was concerned, and he would do all he could to keep the foal from her. Before answering Romina's question about what he wanted to do, which he wasn't sure about, the roan swiveled a pin towards Myrrine, before quickly laying them both back against his skull with a shake of his head. No, that would not do either. "I will not allow that wench to journey with Romina." His mind whirred for a solution that was amicable. He turned his dull gold gaze to the filly in question. "I would like to take you home, young one, or to where ever you wish to go..." He flicked his eyes to the two mares, hardening on the grey unicorn. "If that causes too great a distress to you females, Myrrine may accompany me, and I will escort her to her herd lands afterwards, if necessary." That situation was not completely unpleasant, and he was mildly pleased with himself. Mostly to himself he added on: "And then I will go in search of some place less populated."

ref1 ref2 ref3
ooc//:D
@Myrrine

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

It would be tremendously unlike the flaxen physician to let Arah out of his sight so soon after her return home to the Edge. Only weeks ago those pieces of porcelaine laid shattered in the highest peak of Helovia, A victim of the weather and gods neglect (among many other unfortunate circumstances).
It was only when the lantern man had stopped to investigate a strange moss - one he intended to render a sample of to study once returned to the greenhouse - that he let the white one wind through the trees without his company or protection.

The elf allowed her to go only because it was owed to her. Freedom - She had had it dangled in front of her for so long. First had come the restrictions of pregnancy, and now her trial in the fields. Without the snake-tongued man's intervention, she would have surely perished. The light-laden one could think of no explanation for why fate dealt her these cuts and blows.
Chained by curses, old magic perhaps... Tilney was almost certain. Arah was a woman flogged by bad luck, no matter how much he protected her anyhow.

A man easily entranced by nature - any who knew Tilney would say that about him. He had caught himself gazing endlessly at the skeleton of a fir. How sad the flaxen one might be thinking as he admired the curls in its bark and the places where termites had eaten and chipped at it's heart. Though, as distracted as he was, there was nothing preventing his sharp ears from flicking towards the sound of hot voices.
The patriarchs cranium turned, nose pointed between the conifers at where he had last seen his mated partner.
"Arah?" the stallion called with concern, his feet instinctually retracing his own footfalls and then those of his love. His pace became faster as he neared and more urgent with each word that was spoken.

Tilney did not fret for her yet; no threats had left that volgar brutes lips and she was not alone at least. He would remain calm, collected, and survey the situation from afar before approaching.
A pegasus appearing dirty from afar was the one hurling abuse, a small doe he recognised from somewhere and...
The stallion's eyes narrowed on the one named Myrinne, her spots irritating his eyes and her butterfly wings causing his heart to skip a beat when he thought of dear Laume and what that very woman had put her through.  Myrrinne was here, for some reason she always was. Tilney couldn't fathom why she came on what seemed like a daily basis to offer a warped version of kindness and charitability. She didn't possess either of those traits.

And so there was nought left to do but for the ginger one to approach, to collect Arah before this disgusting excuse of a brute could abuse her or her company any further.
The light stepped from between the trees, lantern burning against the cold. Out of his velveteen nostrils came a mighty whirl of frosted breath, his cloven feet striking into the snow with elven precision as he slinked to his elven lover's side.
Perhaps it was the sun prince's way of threatening the coldness around him, the evilness too. He was a true prophet of light; one of hope and goodness. The claws of the cold daren't grip him as easily when he stood proudly under the light of his lantern.

Tilney's lips passed over Arahs neck, a non-verbal way of explaining to the crowd that she was his, and he hers - As one, they were clearly a force to be reckoned with. Turning his glimmering gaze to the spotted pegasus, an innocent smile found its way to Tilney's lips.

"Shouldn't you be looking after your daughter, Myrrinne?"
was his quizz to her, green eyes searching hers. It was then his mane shook, eyes casting downwards in a frown.  "Forgive me, I completely forgot that I spent hours this week caring for your child's injuries, reducing her fever and organising her foster mare so she doesn't die of malnutrition"
Tilney spoke this with a boom in his voice and the most neutral expression he could find, though it would have appeared as quite vicious indeed. Any respect he once had for the peculiar mare had vanished and retracted and was more or less in the negative.

It was then that his glare turned on the one initially giving insults, the one who had started the feud with his vulgar attitude. "You are despicable. Pull yourself together, you are a man are you not?" It was then, with a snort that the angered man began to usher his mate away from the group. "The World's Edge extends no invitation to vulgar vagabonds such as you." was the gentleman's final remark, attempting to nudge Arah away from the herd of oddities.

"taur gwaith" Tilney hissed, words loud enough to be heard by all but only translated by the ears of his lover.
As a father though, Tilney would not feel right leaving the little doe with such an awful man and a woman he knew to have abandoned her own child. Once he had reached a distance he turned, looking over his shoulder at the girl.
"Little one." His voice came as a soothing call to the girl, hoping he had not frightened her with his calls to the others. Upon recalling Arah's conversation with her about the edge, he spoke up once more.
"Should you need, I invite you to travel with my protection to the World's Edge"
With a smile the elf-like stag craned his neck in her direction, green eyes now fluttering and inviting.

ooc. seat belts on, hold on to your hats. Tilney is a n g r y?
taur gwaith = idiots, dickhead, wanker (lit. awful people/company)

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

A R A H
The little doe's reaction caused concern in the silver doe. Clearly this child needed nurturing and a little bit of love. Before she could respond however Wynter swooped down from the trees and tilted her head curiously up at the tearing child. Cooing up at the girl Wynter playfully rolls between her legs (should she not step away) and begins eagerly pawing up at her, trying to incise the youngster into playing. Arah laughs at her companion and then grins at the child. "I did not mean to upset you, I apologise." Her tone was soft and soothing, trying to calm the child into a much more settled state.

Her presence was distasteful? The comment made the silver doe want to scoff. He was the one that had been acting up around an innocent youngling. It was him whose personality had changed so drastically it didn't make any sense. One minute he's raging the next he's defending a foal? A text-book case of dissociative identity disorder if she was any judge. Only this seemed less like a personality disorder and more a mere decision, his character was weak and too easily willing to change because remaining one way was simply not working. There was no solid base to him, only flimsy and ever changing moods. He was little more than a weak and poorly created brute. One of a million exactly like him, if she wished to find herself a brute just like him then she would not have to look far or hard.

Mother must be proud.

Oh for gods sake. He was being completely ridiculous. There was absolutely no rhyme or reason in him assigning himself as Romina's guardian. The girl was two years of age and more the capable of making decisions for herself. If she wished to journey to The Edge with herself and Wynter then she had every right to. In fact it was him who was currently in the wrong, the girl had already accepted Arah's invitation, there was absolutely no need for him to (once again) insert his unworthy two cents. Besides, she was not going to harm the child! Not once had she threatened physical violence, nor directed any harsh words towards Romina. His body language had been far more threatening than her body and speech combined. The doe opens her mouth to respond, tried of the fighting and this conversation going around in circles. Only a sounds cuts her off and she turns to look towards a figure coming towards them.

Oh boy. Here comes trouble.

A shiver rolls down her spine as Tilney's lips passed over her neck, claiming her and she him. As he looks over towards the winged pegasus she has to hold her tongue, allowing him to speak. Besides, from his words he hardly sounded as if he needed back-up.

Damn. That was impressive.

She looks over the wings mare and suddenly realises why the butterfly wings are familiar. Arah had met her daughter, quite an interesting little girl indeed. "You're Laume's mother." It's a statement, not a question. Suddenly the other mare harsh dismissive words of 'other important matters' causes a frown to crease her brow, wondering why the woman had judged her so harshly when she herself was far from perfect. Huh. This was becoming rather interesting and she now understood why the mare had not wished to accompany them. If she'd picked Arah as a World's Edge mare then she'd not like to chance a run-in with her daughter. The verbal lashing from her partner was surely going to raise a response from the woman, mayhap even an excuse.

Listening to Tilney's words she smiled, gentleman to brute surely, if he was worth a dime, Nero would stop to consider his actions. With a happy sigh she looked at Tilney, almost unable to believe how much she loved that man and how lucky she was that he'd chosen her.
Allowing herself to be nudged away from the crowds she gently cooed at Wynter, the griffin left it's position from under Romina's hooves and swooped to land upon Arah's back, her cold blue eyes focused on Nero with dislike. She would like nothing more than to peck out his eyes and eat them. Wynter had grown quite the soft spot for eyes, they'd become a rather favoured delicacy.

"Tilneui, i gwen." She whispered back, Wynter even called to Romina. Through it seemed she's not needed to worry. Already speaking to the child the doe waited for them both, eyes darting between the pink hued little girl and her lover. Waiting from them. Should they both follow she would have nothing else to say and depart with them, if the girl decides to remain behind then she would offer a farewell.

Tilneui, i gwen - Tilney the girl.
@Romina

Outcast
Brit
the more people you love
the weaker you are

When her breaths slow and her frazzled mind retreats to the comforting sanctuary of her own awareness, Arah's soft apology filters through. Her entire body hurts and aches, and Romina is astounded by the power of mortal emotions and their impact on something she can't find correlation between. Why does crying make her head hurt? Is it the light, the stress on her eyes as they squeeze out these salted tears? Why does her heart ache? Why do mortal metaphors hold so true when the brain is the organ creating the chemicals? She's lost without any ground beneath her hooves and feels like her entire body is off balance, but she lifts her reddened eyes to Arah quietly and nods jerkily, trying to express her forgiveness when her tongue feels swollen in her mouth.

The little creature between her legs, however, is something she can focus on without words. A tremulous smile comes to her lips and she blows warm air through her soft nares down at the companion. It's a comforting distraction, as the others snipe and comment, their words dull and buzzing in her ears. Until Nero placed his gentle lips against her neck, the almost-yearling had nearly managed to block out the external stimulus that had been driving her into a frenzy. She turns and brushes her own against his broad cheek, taking comfort from something she has not experienced in a long time. Without Ru'in there is nobody there to hold and caress her, and she had grown up beside her twin as the most physically affection filly in the entire Basin. Without it, without him, she feels starved.

Myrrine offers to escort Nero, who doesn't seem to necessarily object to it, and so Romina smiles nervously at the beautiful maiden and nods a little. Nero offers to escort her home, to be her guardian and guide. But she doesn't want to go home. Home is where the empty caverns and cold winter winds haunt her days as forcibly as any night terror. "Home" is where she sees Ru'in in every large flickering shadow that makes her turn desperately only to find nothing but empty air. Home is where her mother's tears send her off to sleep, where Hotaru's tired eyes watch the horizon for lovers that won't come home. Where Romina stands vigil at her side, awaiting her brother with the same useless longing. Home is not home anymore, just a shadow of a family that hadn't even had the chance to start, a broken machine that limped more than it ran with any sort of fluidity. Home had been taken from her when Ru'in went away. Wherever he traveled, wherever he disappeared to, home lay in the patterns of his skin and the beating of his heart. And so Romina would have no home until he returned to her. Nero could not take her to a place like that. Sometimes she feared it no longer existed for someone like her.

Then another comes, with his low voice and pointed, snarling jabs. They aren't directed at her this time, but her head lowers in nervous submission regardless. Wishing the natural camouflage of her fawn coat could truly render her invisible, sometimes. They all extend their invitations, each with a different expression on their adult faces, and the girl fights to keep her head above water with all this attention on her. When her mask is in shatters, her confidence revealed to be nothing more than an illusion. They see her, all of them do, and it's the worst form of vulnerability she's ever experienced.

But first she turns to Nero, overwhelmed and finding him to be the only solid rock here in the group. "I don't want to go home," she whispers, and tentatively nudges her nose against his neck as if to encourage him to move away into the shadows, away from those who sling mud and harsh words. "Can I...come find you later? I want to be friends," she offers in undertone, nervousness on her young face. She doesn't have friends, and yet this gruff stallion is the first she's encountered who she wants to extend it to. Beauty had always been drawn to the Beast, after all. He reminded her of her brother, and she saw the same potential in him that she saw in Ru'in. "You can go explore from here, it's quiet and nice. I'll be okay," she smiles, but her eyes have no light in them, trying to convince herself as much as him. "I live out here anyway." There is no home for a cretin like you, Romina.

With one last brush against him, and a parting breath for Wynter, she backs away. But her eyes catch Arah's, something warm and maternal echoing from the pale mare and her lover, and maybe something speaks out from her own eyes. But she casts a glance over her shoulder and smiles at Nero, and then bounds away into the forest, wanting to escape them all. She could not run from her own realizations, but she could run from their company.

Romina

@Nero @Myrrine I'm so sorry this took so long, holidays hate me

Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

He approached so suddenly that she hadn't even noticed him until he was speaking; and his words came down upon her like knives upon her fair skin and soul, filling her with anguish with each lash of his tongue that sent her reeling back in her mind of sorrow. She physically stepped back once, then twice, and though she did her best to keep the tears from falling they came with reckless abandon. Sucking in a sharp breath, she studied the two who seemed to hold such a regal air, so much confidence in themselves; like Tilney hadn't just ripped her dignity to shreds with two sentences.

And then her breathing grew ragged, and oh how she tried her best to keep calm in front of the child it was so hard. He was right. He was right in so many ways and she couldn't deny him that, not when he spoke only the truth. Especially since he had been the one caring for her; for loving her because she couldn't. Because she was a selfish whore who lay herself down for any man that treat her nicely. Biting back a sob she looked to the ground at once, refusing to meet their eyes out of shame for her childish actions, and managed to choke out quietly,"I'm glad that someone's taking care of her... She deserves to be treated right." How her heart was breaking, how her mind was spinning because she could no longer stand being here.

She wanted to run and hide like she always did, to wallow in her sorrows and inability to care for anyone but herself. She was hurting and the pain would never end, and Tilney had taken the knife in her gut and twisted it a full 360. She was having trouble keeping focused, of paying attention to the conversation happening before her, and despite her instincts telling her to go she didn't. She had made a promise to little Romina, and Gods dammit she was going to keep it. Turning her watery hazel eyes to Nero, she did her best to swallow the tears, to keep the sobs from bubbling out of her mouth as she stuttered out softly,"S-Should you still wish S-Sir Nero. I-I can escort you to wherever you please... o-otherwise I will take my leave." So enraptured in her own emotions she did not see the foal take her leave, did not even fathom the duo sauntering away and leaving her in a broken mess of failure.

Would Nero judge her too? Would he hate her just as everyone else did who knew the lengths of selfishness she had for herself? She had made a mistake and had chosen not to pay the price for it, and now she was suffering in more ways than one. She would never forgive herself for leaving Laume, for making her feel unloved or unwanted because she couldn't handle her own problems. This would forever haunt her dreams until she took her dying breath, and it was so hard for her to muster up the strength to come out each day and try to live like a normal being. She had stopped trying because hadn't Laume wanted her to stop? Hadn't she made it clear to keep away until she get her shit together? How long would that be? At the moment it seemed like never. So even though she was breaking to pieces little by little, the tears streaming down her spotted complexion; she waited for an answer from the brute; waiting for him to make his decision.

"Talk."

can create great beauty

@Nero - if he says no that's cool. If you want he can also stop by the Throat too and possibly join? Entirely up to you!

Outcast
Daisy

Another brute entered the scene and it left Nero even more on edge, not sure whether he should run to attack, or run to flee. In the end he just stood nervously next to the filly, every muscle tensed. He reeked of fear. It soon became known that the stag was merely back up for the snowy bitch, and he rolled his eyes in his skull. His first cruel words were, surprisingly, directed towards the spotted mare. Even with his ears flat back he still listened, interested. So, it turned out the mare had a foal, but had abandoned it. He could not help but feel slightly disappointed.

He wasn't sure why, exactly- afterall, people were never as nice or as open or as truthful as they seemed. He did not spend anytime dwelling on his surprise that she was just like the rest as the newcomer aimed his barbed tongue at Nero himself this time. "I can see why you are a pair. I never was asking for an invitation, nor would I accept one from such high handed bitches." He murmured, the snarl back in his throat as they teetered on the precipice of conflict. It was the filly, as always, who stopped the situation from escalating any further.

Her voice was soothing, lulling him into a state of mind that was less anxious. Her words, when he finally interpreted them, confused him somewhat and he furrowed his brow. "Of course you can Romina..." But where was she going? All here today had seen how innocent, young, and lacking experience of the world she was. It seemed inevitable that something bad was going to happen to her, if she was all alone! Before he could think of a way to stop her, to encourage her to stay with him, she turned around and fled. She was much more nimble then he, and even as he started forward, he knew he wouldn't be able to catch up to the sprightly filly. He felt deep sorrow, and neighed loudly, a great bellowing sound.

At least with the departure of the foal, the other pair had left too. Good riddance. That still left one, however, and the heavy stag slowly turned around to face her with a none so pleasant expression. Again, the disappointment he felt knowing she was just like the rest sat oddly in him, and he watched with no sympathy as she cried. Was it grief? Hurt feelings? Or guilt? The cynical side of him (nearly his personality entirely) said the latter. He was free now to leave. Yet something made him hesitate. Likely, he thought, that age old instinct to prove people wrong. While he liked to pretend he was a "vulgar vagabond" it was all just a cover. He still held absolutely no kindness towards her nor any other adult he met, but practicality also weighed on his mind. He did not know these lands, and it was a long trek back to where he came with winter well and truly here.

He did not need her or want her. He'd survive without directions- however, it'd likely be a close thing. Despite his always present belly, his ribs sprang up either side of his jutting spine bone, and his hips resembled that of a cow, rather then a horse. Even his great thick neck had lost some of its depth. "If you insist on bothering me, I would not be against finding somewhere warmer, and with more food, then this." He mumbled, ears twitching this way and that. While he didn't like her, he felt she was no threat to him.

ooc// I somehow managed to lose my good post sorry guys! But thank you so much for the awesome thread, I'm excited to start posting. Bob could you PM me so we can discuss threading these two more? <3
@Myrrine