the Rift

[OPEN] polar connections

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

Whatever Aithniel appreciated about her forthright nature, the same was reflected in Hotaru. Arrogance had no place in their talks, if Aithniel decided to snub her hand out of a place of pride then it would have no impact on the Valkyrie. The Basin had existed in stalwart solitude for seasons, and they would continue on their path regardless of whether Aithniel wanted the benefits outside of neutrality. Hotaru only cared about the machinations of cease-fire, the time to whip her herd back into shape after the long winter season that had dulled their blades and minds.

At first she is surprised by what Aithniel lets slither between her lips, brows arching grandly above slowly widening eyes. Huh. That...wasn't what she had expected. Though she had recognized the woman from some vague, distant part of her mind, she'd never encountered Aithniel face to face when the youth had lived in the clutches of the mountains at the same time. Then her face turned back to impassive, emotions simmering in her chest. They did not show - she was no child, had perfected her icy mask long ago. Whatever Aithniel thought she might react with would not reveal the sanctity of her own thoughts. Until at last she had her own tongue poised like a rapier behind her teeth, eyes sharp as they stared unwaveringly at the pale Sultana.

"Do you lay the sins of past leaders upon the shoulders of every successor? Should I blame you for Gaucho's murderous rampage, which included my parents?" It is said simply, almost primly, no real heat behind it. Countering Aithniel's childhood revelation with one of her own. She remained cold and unaffected, for she was the one with the answer and the knowledge that the Inquisitor - a fitting title, apparently - sought. And she was confident in her response.

"My mother was a pegasus, I would be a hypocrite to want to rip those wings from your body if I was born from one myself, regardless of my appearance." Though her body did not reflect her mother's heritage, the blood lay in her body nonetheless. She had been raised by a pegasus, loved and cherished by a winged mare. Nothing could change that. "Deimos and I removed that archaic rule against differing species long ago, and many winged, horned, and hornless - or any mix of the three - populate our borders. And if anyone were to threaten a foal with such bold violence, they would be met with equal violence from my own power." Her eyes narrow at the mere thought, hair standing on end as her electricity builds in her body, making her appear like she was caught in some sort of storm. Careful, Alice warned, and Hotaru cut the magic from her emotions. It was disturbing as a mother of twins that looked far too different from the normal population to imagine such a thing.

For a second she laughs, shaking her head slightly and dispelling the tension that had gathered in her shoulders, entirely amused by a sudden thought that comes into her head.

"It's merely ironic that the other mare I chose to accompany me to the Edge has no horn or wings." Ah, if only Aisling had accompanied her in the first place. The sassy mare likely would have had a thing or two to say to Aithniel herself, and it would have been endlessly amusing for Hotaru to witness.

"Though I must ask, Aithniel, if you are to question my herd. Do you say you have no shadows of your own, with your island accessible only to those with wings?" A lifted brow and a slight smile curls at her lips, not quite challenging but pointing out a flaw in Aithniel's words. It had never bothered her what the Throat did with their land, but if the Inquisitor found fault with the past of her herd, then Hotaru would find fault in the past of her own.

Then she flicked her forelock from her eyes and let the small bout of tension drop away. This wasn't what they were here for. "Think what you wish of my predecessors, but the Basin is no longer beneath the reign of Illynx or Psyche. It is beneath mine." Eyes turned sharp and proud, lifting her head higher without shame or hesitation. Aithniel could think what she wanted of Illynx, or Psyche, or any other leader that had passed through the mountains. Hotaru would prove her wrong about the current Basin and the Valkyrie that ruled over them.

"Do you have any other questions regarding our herd? Or can I expect your decision?" It could almost be a taunt, if it were not so perfectly controlled as it rolled across her tongue. Exuding patience after the fire of her words. She was almost glad that Aithniel had asked - perhaps now they could start spreading the word that the Basin was beneath a new regime.

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com

@Aithniel NO IT WAS SUPER FUN THANK YOU
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
polar connections - by Hotaru - 12-02-2016, 04:10 AM
RE: polar connections - by Aithniel - 12-02-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: polar connections - by Volterra - 12-04-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: polar connections - by Hotaru - 12-10-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: polar connections - by Aithniel - 12-29-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: polar connections - by Hotaru - 12-29-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: polar connections - by Aithniel - 01-20-2017, 03:15 PM
RE: polar connections - by Volterra - 01-20-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: polar connections - by Tiamat - 01-29-2017, 06:42 PM