the Rift

[PRIVATE] Phantom Pains

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Winter thaws slowly, with a stray intent that is both admirable and exasperating. The cold that chills his bones and makes his scars ache is not welcome, and he does not venture away from the Throat more than he does when winter descends upon it. It's too cold and empty without Ranjiri or Ryuu. Midas' and Gaucho's ghosts seem to haunt him ever more in the silence of the cold empty sands. 

Rightfully he could warm himself at the Diviner's fire. It's familiar to him, with how he tended it daily when Maren's title had once been his. But he knew as well that with that fire came introspection that he could not afford. Cera had not fallen apart after Gaucho's death, and he refused to. Gaucho deserved better, would not have wanted Cera's fortitude to crumble as it had so many times in the past. So he did not bother lingering on the thoughts that whispered and cajoled in the back of his mind. Dark, depressing ideals that he refused to entertain. Cera had lived his life in solitude long enough. He would not let it continue to bring him down. 

The heat of the Heart was all he sought. He could not bear to go any further from home, but his scars and limbs ached with an age he didn't possess. Warmth washed it away, until he relaxed quietly back into his bones and his skin. No longer filled with such discomfort. Even the despair of loss seemed lessened by the emanating heat. 

Cera wandered the edge of the Heart, unafraid of any stumble. His wings and the updraft of air would sustain him from any fall, and Ilaria was not there to complain about his recklessness. So he struck lightly against the rim of fire, magic probing restlessly at the deposits of metal that lay thick and beautiful within his reach. It felt like a fated day. 

Late because of holidays but HERE YOU GO PUMPKIN
IMAGE CREDIT

@Mathéo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Young Thèo did not seek out the Heart because of its heat, but because of its familiarity. When he was much younger, intent on exploring every inch of the Throat, it was the Heart he had found when his wandering mind had finally exceeded the borders of their island home. He was delighted to find that the golden sunlight that constantly fell upon his back could find him even in the depths of the darkened cave, as if neither darkness nor descent could keep Gaucho's eyes from finding him. The boy had finally succumbed to the thought that the magic he had been born with was actually a blessing from Gaucho and his grandfather. Perhaps it was only folly, and he didn't voice these thoughts to anyone else, but it did give him comfort in those moments when he felt oh-so alone in this world.

Today was not one of those days, however. Instead, the ashen tribrid had greeted the dawn with an eager curiosity, taking flight as soon as he was able and heading towards the caves. There were so many rooms, so many shining tunnels to explore, that Thèo thought he might visit them for a lifetime and never grow bored.

But before he could enter the caves, he saw a relatively familiar face striding around the upper portion of the Heart. A an easy and boyish smile brightened across his pale features. Cera, he thought at once, despite the fact that he and the forger had never properly met. Thèo didn't have much else to do other than to learn about his herd, and he had taken to this task eagerly.

"Hallo!" Thèo called from the skies, as he angled his youthful body towards where Cera circled, his oddly accented voice showering down ahead of him. "Do you mind if I join you?" He asked, slightly breathless, as he landed.

mathèo
Oh Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man
Image Credits

@Cera

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Long, soft ears twitched to herald the arrival of another. Cherubic face tilted towards the skies and the disturbance of the air beneath the weighted wings of a pegasus, blinking against the strike of the sun across his vision. It halos across his retinas as Mathéo comes into view, painting the youth in colors of gold and white that slowly disappear with each owlish blink. Peculiarly spoken greeting does nothing to dissuade the friendly forger, who smiles warmly in greeting as the colt descends, golden toes like music on the dark rock. Cera twisted his limber body against the contrasting ache of his chest scar to greet Mathéo properly instead of showing his hindquarters awkwardly. 

"Hello! Mathéo, yes? I don't mind at all, I'd love the company." The sun child tilted his head inquisitively towards the boy as he hopes to guess his name correctly, recalling the ashen child's stance at his mother's side the day Sikeax lost her throne. Cera smiles apologetically in case he is incorrect and sweeps a wing  back towards his flank in a subtle invitation to come closer and engage in conversation. "I'm afraid my companion is far better at names than I am," he laughs, unafraid to poke fun at his own flaws. It was true the red panda had a far better catalog of those they'd met than the Prince. Perhaps he relied on her too heavily when it came to socialization, he thought to himself with a snicker. 

Assuming that Mathéo desires to walk, or that he had come there for a reason aside from the chance meeting occurring above the fires, Cera swivels on his hooves and continues his route along the thin edge of the Heart. Even so he cannot help how his eyes drag to the child's wings, alight in sunlight that could not be present in such a manner physically. Afraid that he was staring, he cleared his throat in soft apology. "I'm sorry for staring, it's just...may I ask who your father was? You're Aithniel's son, right? Your magic...it reminds me of Gaucho. It's very beautiful," he admits, awe in his vocals as he gives himself permission to let his gaze linger over the beautiful boy's growing frame washed in sunlight. Then he promptly realizes what he said and jerks his head away, scowling at himself. Do colts prefer to be called handsome, these days? And what is he thinking "these days" he's not that old! 

Cera can almost hear Ilaria's mocking laughter in his head from miles away. 

"Maybe I'm not the best company," he laughs instead, feeling the weight of his own excessive words like a weight across his poll. Maybe he'd been alone for too long. 

Stubbornly using the alt codes for Mathéo's name because I can't pronounce it right in my head otherwise guhhh
IMAGE CREDIT

@Mathéo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

The sunbeam child smiled and nodded emphatically at the sound of his name on another's lips. Cera's pronunciation was perhaps the closest to his own that Thèo had heard yet - that gentle, almost Italian cadence that Thèo had picked up some how.

"Yes, that is right." He agreed, folding his ashen wings against the pale, boyish lines of his flanks. "You are Cera, and your companion is Ilaria." He recites, thinking of the red panda in his mind. He had filled up his first few months of life with simply learning all he could of his home; especially those who lived within it. That, combined with Aithniel's group-child rearing mentality had afforded him a healthy wealth of knowledge when it came to his Throat-family.

A melancholy smile parts Thèo's lips as he nods slowly, his wings stiffening slightly. He has no reason to miss Gaucho - he never met him after all - and yet deep inside of him is a cavern, a hollowed-out space meant to be filled by his Father's love, and yet left empty. "The Wildfire.." The boy responds, his voice low and sweet as something like a memory threatens to cause tears to well in his eyes. But of course, he has no memories of his Father. Only the tales of others. Quickly though, youthfulness causes his complexion to bright as he raises his sea-green eyes. "I like to think the magic is his way of looking down on me." The boy shakes his wings slightly, and as his heartbeat quickens with pride, the light seems to pulse a shade brighter on his body.

Thèo seems to take no notice of Cera's scowl or the implication of his words. Instead, he happily keeps stride with the larger man, a docile smile upon his grey lips. "What brings you out here alone, Cera?" He asks,  his voice oddly punctuated by his strange accent.

mathèo
Oh Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man
Image Credits

@Cera