the Rift

[OPEN] Winter Games

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

There is a moment she’s sure the avian-monster is just going to fly away. Looking about after the sound of feathers in the wind, her fear-stricken mind hasn’t recognized the creatures for what they are, until now, and when she does, it’s as its talons descend upon her, shining and black.

They’re the biggest griffons she’s ever seen! Her shrill scream of fear splits into the wild shrieks of an animal caught, and in pain, as the male chick grasps his intended target. Her legs kick beneath her as the beast’s savage claws wrap about her belly, hoisting the small, curl laden child up into the air. Her stomach churns to watch the world pull away beneath her, and the pain of the griffon’s grasp makes tears bloom and streak down her face.

"Put me down!" she sobs and squeals, wriggling as stubbornly as she can against the bird’s grip, her heart slamming against her rib cage. She sees King Tembovu fighting the monsters as an elephant, and hears his call that they flock to his side, but she can’t do anything about it! Wide eyed with a terror that they’re going to manage to take her away, and a deeper, more sickening fear as to what happens then, Maude helplessly watches the scene play out, until…

Something rises up inside her, like the flame in daddy’s lantern coming to life each night, and its hot, and savage, and strong, just like fire, too. Tossing her pretty head back, and praying her pearls don’t get broken in the savage gesture, she thrusts what there is of her antlers, hopefully, into the face of the stupid griffon.

"I. Said. Put. Me. DOWN!" she kicks, writhes, and shouts, and whether her eye gouging, antler thrusts and leg thrashing maneuvers is what works or not, she doesn’t know, but she also doesn’t care. Suddenly (blessedly) dropping back down to the earth, free of the sharp, powerful grasp of the smaller male, her wild delight at not being a future beast snack is quickly devoured by the fear of the (swiftly) upcoming fall.

Tucking her legs in with a wild whinny (how it helps brace her, who knows), the ginger and cream maiden tumbles across the forest floor with a thump, and a mournful oomph!

Clinging to the ground, trembling in the wake of her life saving rage and stomach chilling terror, the cremello maiden fearfully peers about at the skies from behind the stray curls of her violence tousled forelock, blood leaking from her torn ear down her cheek, and her sides torn by the rough grasp of the hungry chick. Not quite as brave as Kiada, or Oizys, Maude doesn’t immediately get up to make sure everyone is okay; instead, she quite promptly bursts into tears, before wailing to the heavens, between her piteous sniffles: "D-d-daaaaddyyy!!"

[ OOC: SNORTS yes thank you it was too fun <3 I also can't seem to figure out what table I'm using for this thread. whistles my way out quietly ]

Maude
How should we like it if the stars were to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
let the more loving one be me.

Image Credits | Table
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

" they say an elephant’s eyes speak the greatest language… "

The Elephant King trumpets in rage at the father griffin’s sharp slash that opens up the thick, wrinkled skin of his shoulder. His trunk writhes into the skies, sharp tusks slashing through the wintry, misty air seeking to protect the foals and maim the hungry, deadly beasts.

His ears flap first in relief, and then in paternal panic as the flighted predators begin to disappear in to the low hanging clouds. Did they take any of the foals with them?! Were his children here? Navy eyes sweep around, finding heartbreaking amounts of foal blood. His trunk writhes once, large round, elephantine feet shuffled carefully around the many, delicate foal bodies. He took in the injures, panic slowly abating as he realized that all the children were breathing. His trunk brushed many chests to feel for pounding hearts and breaths just to be certain. The Elephant could not take another child’s death.

“Moon Doctor,” was his command to Mbwene, sounding strangely deep and trumpeted on his elephant vocal cords. The wide-eyed pachyderm gave one, short toot in acknowledgement before charging off at full speed to find Tilney or Lyanna. His eyes then glanced towards Mesec, before speaking once again, “It’s alright now, children. They are gone. You are safe.” But there was something dark coiling in the King’s gut: blame. He should have been able to better protect these foals. A long breath pushed out his trunk as he continued to check on all the younglings.

" what else can make one feel so much without a word? "
image | table by cai

Thank you to everyone who participated! :D

Congratulations to @Arakh and @Kiada for winning the random draw! Characters were entered as many times as they posted!
Arakh won a headshot manip by Sarah!
Kiada won a 'choice of: amulet, small marking, small item'!

Thanks again, everyone!

Please tag Tembovu.