the Rift

[OPEN] sisters grim

Oizys Posts: 134
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 7.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 2 HP: 73.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ker :: Philippine Eagle :: Curse Snow
AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I'D RATHER BE DANGEROUS

Oizys abhors weakness. Loathes it. When she sees it in others, she strives to crush them, to condemn them to death for their sins. It disgusts her, like seeing maggots crawl across a carcass.

So the knowledge that weakness exists within herself makes her want to rip off her skin and tear out the Thing that has plagued her since her birth.

It affects her more in winter, this heart defect of hers. The Cough happens more when the weather is colder, as though the low temperatures nurture the disease that lurks within her heart. Debilitating coughing fits come upon her if she bends the wrong way, or moves too fast - she is revolted by herself, by her weakness. Father would be ashamed of her. She is his oldest and his finest progeny, and yet she is cursed with....with the Thing. It is her darkest secret. She'd hoped that it would clear as she aged, as Mother said it might, but it hasn't. She is over a year old now, and still she is condemned to mediocrity by a quirk of fate in the womb.

She resents her dam for it. After all, Nyx must have been the one to pass down such defective genetics. It certainly couldn't have come from Him, from Father, from the king of her world.

The gargoyle acts out, rages against the disease in her heart. With Ker by her side, she sets out on a path of anger-fuelled annihilation whenever the mood strikes her, ill-advised killing sprees that ensure Ker's belly fills with warm meat until she's so fat she can hardly fly. Oizys only wishes her digestive system didn't reject the flesh of the beasts she brings down, as she would dearly love to join her companion in feasting. There is no rhyme or reason to her wanton destruction of lesser creatures, save for the fact they are there, that they are whole and not plagued by the Thing like she is. It's wrong. They must suffer for what they are.

Today, her prey is a stag. He is so....healthy. He radiates power, raw strength and glory, a beast in the prime of his life. No, no, it is not acceptable. It is not allowed for others to be so whole of body whilst she is so broken. So she summons a massive bear made of spark, channeling her magic - magic which she's getting more and more control over each time she uses it - and sets it upon the unwitting stag. He doesn't stand a chance. Electricity surges through his system, crippling him, destroying him, until Oizys' triple horns skewer him through the throat and end his life.

Ker gives a joyous screech, and descends.

Blood cascades down the yearling's face as she disentangles herself from the crumpled remains of the stag. Ker is already perched on his muscular flank, head buried in his flesh. The spark bear has sizzled into nothingness, restoring some of the filly's lost strength. She feels no satisfaction at the kill, except for the knowledge that Father would be proud of her for taking down something so large. Save for the mare she helped him kill when she was a newborn, the stag is the biggest thing she's ever murdered. Odd how the Thing didn't strike then - she should be relieved, she supposes. Had her disease crippled her at that precise moment, the stag could have ended her life with a swift stab of his antlers or kick from his hooves.

Mulling over this unpleasant possibility, the filly stands over her kill. She'll allow Ker to eat her fill, then take a couple of mementos away to stash in her den in the Edge - the antlers, perhaps, maybe some of the pelt. She does this for each kill, gathering a collection of trinkets that tell a story of misery and murder. Pointless, but satisfying.

image credits

For @Merlin !

[ the gargoyle queen ]
OIZYS IS ALWAYS RATED M FOR STRONG LANGAUGE IN HER POSTS

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

We were both hungry. More him than I, because I managed to find more foliage than he did find prey. He was still rather young after all, so hunting had not been mastered by the navy bird. Clicks of his beak and the incessant cramping through our mental bond were about to drive me mad, leaving me snorting and finally snapping at him,"Enough! We will find you food." A whimper was his response, and with my silver eyes I searched for any lowly prey that I could easily stun for him. He needed something large, something to keep him going for a few days, but there was nothing I could tackle without putting myself at risk. As much as I hated to admit it, I was not equipped for the possibility for battle.

That was why I sent others to do my bidding. It was easier after all, not to mention a lot more fun. So when I heard something ahead, perhaps the shuffling of hooves, the zap of magic, I was drawn to the source as Mordred left my side in an attempt to find the place of trouble. What I didn't expect was a mental image from the bird, who crooned through our bond as if to show pride in his new trick. Snorting, I cooed back to mildly praise, whilst looking at the brief clip to find yet another filly, standing over a stag. How intriguing.

My strides were long as soon as they came into view in physical form, my raptor taking in the sight of the other, cawing out quietly, questioningly, as if asking for permission to feast too. I mentally chided him, one did not need to ask, they took what was theirs. So after much prying from myself, the merlin relented, before landing on the hind end of the stag and attempting to fill himself. It was of no use to the filly anyway, unless she had some sick fetish for bringing dead things back home with her. Unlike me, she seemed to have one, because I could smell the wretched stench of others on her coat, along with the hint of pine and ocean breeze.

I didn't know this herd, probably one that wasn't worth my time to explore to, but it was obvious she was part of something. That was not how I wanted my life to be. I took this time to explore her body, noticing three, blood drenched horns upon her dark head, her coat a rich grey that blended darker along her legs. Her tail was leonine, causing me to mentally gag. It was so gross to have a naked tail, and of no use either. At least she wasn't some putrid winged rat or something. Those things were exceptionally ugly. With a brief snort as a greeting, I kept my distance, simply waiting for Mordred to finish before being on my merry way. I had no time to dawdle in idiotic conversation, even if I couldn't help but be deeply fascinated with the filly's blood lust. Maybe because I was a bit of a sadist too.

"Speak"

Merlin
 I'm a zombie with no notion of regret

Image Credits Table base by ChatoicMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

@Oizys - Hello! Feel free to tell Mordred to piss off, Merlin just thought she'd take advantage of a possible free meal.

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

Suddenly, Oizys' brooding silence is interrupted by a cacophony of screeches from Ker. There's another bird on her prey, a far smaller bird who has the rank audacity to try and feast upon her kill. She flares the crest of feathers on her head, splaying them out to enhance her already formidable size, and spreads her powerful brown wings with a loud warning squawk. Most creatures would hesitate a few seconds after issuing a warning to give their intended target time to flee, but Ker has no such notions. Straight after her intimidating display, she launches towards the smaller bird with another ear-splitting screech, trying to sink her deadly beak and talons deep into the merlin's feathered flesh in a brazen attempt to her chosen victim apart.

It occurs to the gargoyle that she should perhaps call her companion off, as she's not entirely sure attempting to scavenge some prey is a crime worthy of immediate death. But she's too pleased with Ker's sudden display of violence to be overly concerned about the unfortunate target of said violence - her eagle is usually far too passive, bordering on soft. It's good to see the Philippine showing a bit of spunk for once, demonstrating the fiery prowess that Oizys first sensed when she made the decision not to kill the fluffy, ugly hatching. Oizys doesn't do weak, and far too often Ker does not display the characteristics that the yearling would have selected in her bonded.

For the first time, her cold grey gaze travels to the small bird's mind-partner. It is another filly of a similar age to Oizys, and the gargoyle assesses her with frosty effectiveness. "You should order your companion away if you're inclined to keep it alive, she tells the other girl, her hybrid tail swinging around to thrash against her flanks as she distantly eyes the merlin's bonded. Her stone-grey form shifts closer to her kill, determined to keep it safe - there's so much of the impressive carcass she wants to pillage to add to her collection of trinkets.

image credits

For @Merlin !

[ the gargoyle queen ]

Merlin Posts: 15
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Hybrid :: 17hh :: 1 (Frostfall)
Mordred :: Merlin :: None Adoptable
Merlin

Mordred was not pleased with this turn of events. He probably regretted not asking like he wanted to. But he would never defy me, even if it meant getting pinned down by an ugly vulture who was not at all pleased with his intrusion. A pitiful cry escaped his yellow beak, causing me to roll my eyes and come close to the trio with distaste. Her words reached my ears, and without another thought I tossed my head dismissively, eyeing her with my silver orbs and lashing back simply,"He will once your creature releases him. He may be pitiful but he isn't stupid enough to move with talons at his throat. Be at ease, I want nothing to do with your carcass, Mordred simply needed a snack. I find the action of killing something to be much more appealing than the left over mess." I eyed the elk calmly, studying it's ripped apart flesh and glazed eyes, the sight not gross to me, but not necessarily interesting either. I tended to make less of a mess when making a kill, and that's how it should be done in my opinion. Simple and clean.

Perhaps her kill had been the same, but her ugly bird had changed that immediately, the tendons and organs revealed to the world, and I wondered just what the filly intended to do with all of it. Would she kick it to the side for the wolves to feast upon? Or did she have a sick fetish for hoarding corpses. I couldn't help but let myself grow more and more intrigued. With a swish of my ombre tail I studied her silently, silver expression flitting between her and her prize silently, waiting patiently for my bird to come back to me. Once he managed to be released from the raptor's hold he screeched at me, crying like a lost child and digging into my shoulders with his talons. I hissed my displeasure, eyeing him with daggers in warning, and once he was settled he simply curled up into my mane, preening the strands lovingly so as to comfort himself. He had been traumatized enough for the day, and thus refused to leave his spot. Not that I minded, what much else was there to do anyway.

"What do you plan on doing with that thing anyway?" I asked before I could stop myself, because since when did I care about what this bitch thought of me? Although I couldn't help but find her dark, stone coat to be rather familiar. The rest of her was foreign though; the bright blue eyes and that disgusting leonine tail, all of it screaming plain unicorn and damn that was boring. Didn't she wish for something more? Surely she didn't find herself to be beautiful, not with those ugly wiggly horns poking out of her head like fucking corkscrews. Well whatever, I just felt bad for whomever had to raise her from a babe. I wonder if they were proud of her; especially with those ugly scars that adorned her dark complexion. Bet she had a fucked up childhood. Parents could be crazy. Except for Father, there was nothing wrong with Father. Nothing could tell me otherwise.

"Speak"

Merlin
 I'm a zombie with no notion of regret

Image Credits
Table base by ChatoicMelodies and customized by Watermel0nBob

@Oizys - I'm sorry this took so long and this was garbage; Merlin muse is not coming to me T-T

Force/Any Physical Contact is permitted at all times, beside from maiming or death.

PLEASE TAG MERLIN IN ALL POSTS!!!

The smaller bird's anguished shriek fills Oizys' mind with happy >:] faces from Ker, once the eagle has got over her initial surprise that she's actually managed to land her intended attack. Not quite sure what to do next, the large eagle simply sits on top of her victim whilst looking beseechingly over to her bonded for advice, wearing her best what do? expression.

Oizys rolls her eyes, disgusted at her bird's seeming inability to land the finishing blow. Fortunately for Ker, the other filly speaks then, imploring the grey yearling to release her companion. It means the eagle doesn't have to make a decision on what to do next; instead, she gratefully listens as Oizys bids her to stand down. It's rare for the gargoyle to show such mercy, but really, she's just killed a stag - taking another life today seems like overkill, no pun intended. Ker disentangles herself from the merlin and launches backwards, remaining fluffed up to confirm her dominance and eying the smaller bird with her finest avian contempt. The offending bird flutters back to his owner and leaves Ker alone to plunge her head back into the deer's carcass, ignoring the fact her stomach is already full and gorged with meat.

It intrigues her that the other child seems more interested in the kill than the carcass - Oizys is rather similar in that aspect, although she enjoys the shameless pillaging of the corpse as well. "The first thing you learn at bird of prey school is not to get between a raptor and her dinner. With her beak full of meat, Ker chirps her agreement. She doesn't think the merlin will make the same mistake again, however.

The other filly asks what Oizys plans to do with the carcass, and the grey learning looks down at it with almost loving affection in her gaze. "The antlers will adorn my den, the flesh will feed my companion, the bones will make useful hilts for future weapons, and the pelt will provide insulation against the cold." Plus she just loves murder, and what? "Have you taken a life before?" Somehow she doubts it. This poor unfortunate does not have the mighty Reginald as a sire; a man who taught his daughter to hunt almost as soon as she could walk.

image credits

For @Merlin !

[ the gargoyle queen ]