the Rift

[OPEN] That's the spirit

Toulouse Posts: 146
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 8.0 | def: 11.0 | dam: 4.0
Gelding :: Equine :: 17hh :: Six HP: 74 | Buff: ENDURE
Boomslang :: Green Ratsnake :: Paralyze Neverrmind
TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SAILOR

The serpent had stirred late from his burrow, rising from the thicket he called home with his hair a pretty mess and his eyelids droopy and sad. In fact, it was past noon when he finally emerged from his leafy burrow, marble hooves clawing at the dirt as he stretched like a feline and gave a cuss to the blessed sun as it cast upon his back through the wilted pine needles - Perhaps it was just out of habit that he groaned at the sun, or it was one of those odd expletives uttered when indulging.
Contrary to popular belief, Vampires actually adored the sun - this one in particular would spend hours trying to seek out the warmest stone to lay upon and soak up its warm when the sun was out, and when it was not he would retreat to the darkest depths in chase of any kind of  heat not yet escaped. They were creatures who despised the cold and jack frosts claws, a species not yet adapted to their migration.
Toulouse certainly was not anyway.

It was not time for yoga, that much was clear, for it was past noon and there was work to be done and work to be turned in. The gelding had even surprised himself at how dedicated he had been to his rank and his task - he'd never been so dedicated to anything since his arrival in this land. As if anything could ever surpise Toulouse though, apart from himself.
As he ambled through the trees his aqua eyes searched for the specter, the one named Iona. She was a woman who, again, contrary to popular belief, had the respect of the herd. Much less could be said of her counterpart - a miss Raeden. She had joined him on retriving Arah, but aside form that he hadn't seen her at the sleuth meeting or heard of her completing any tasks.

"Iona!" Toulouse called through the trees in search of his "boss", steps shortening as he approached that same clearing where the sleuth's meeting had been held a number ofm onths earlier. "Iona I have much to report" he called slightly more sternly, then began to wrack his brains for what he was actually reporting and how he'd list it - there was so much information.
First there was the young boy from the Dragons Throat who had told him of their chaos and that they were without any healers, only one specter and worst of all no leaders. Upon infiltrating the throat he had learned from Maren, their annoying seer that a daughter of the sun now claimed the throne. Then there had been the Arah debarcle - retriving her had been a success at least and he would lap up any credit he could for saving her life. Was there a sleuth of the year award? hopefully.
Aside from interrupting a dragons throat patrol and carrying out a rather interesting sleuth patrol of his own with Aelfwine in the south, there wasnt much else. He had much to tell her though, and hoped his efforts would be appreciated.

ooc; sorry I took so long to get this up! I was very very sick for a few weeks nad I am only just getting back int othe grove of things!
@Iona  

RICH MAN POOR MAN BEGGAR MAN THIEF

alsares-lynx
I AM THE KEY TO THE LOCK IN YOUR HOUSE—
DO NOT CRY OUT OR HIT THE ALARM
YOU KNOW WE'RE FRIEND TIL WE DIE—

EITHER WAY YOU TURN, I'LL BE THERE
OPEN UP YOUR SKULL, I'LL BE THERE
CLIMBING UP THE WALLS

SO LOCK THE KIDS UP SAFE TONIGHT
CLOSE THE EYES IN THE CUPBOARD

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
I BOW MY HEAD TO THE SETTING SUN

Unlike the serpent, Iona rarely slept.  The painted mare rested when convenient, dozing in quick naps throughout the day but never sleeping for more than an hour or so.  She was constantly moving, searching, patrolling - never lingering in the same place for long.  If she stood for too long her muscles began to burn and itch, just as her wings did the same if she stayed earthbound for too long.  However today did find her earthbound, which was relatively unusual for the painted specter, but as much as she loved the skies there was no sustenance in the clouds. If there were, her hooves may never again touch earth. She sighed, finishing her meal quickly and nonchalantly, tasting little and not caring what it was that she ate in particular. 

The painted mare had been wary about the borders since the disagreement with the Falls over ownership of a particular item.  Iona still wasn’t fond of how the situation was handled, but it seemed that the situation and the passionate opinions that the situation had inspired had cooled. Iona certainly wasn’t pleased by the fact that in the midst of the conflict, that again there was an attack on the Falls, and it did nothing to soothe the painted mare’s paranoia. 

Iona had found herself somewhat distracted by the supernatural of late.  Magic was inherent in Helovia, yes, but the frequency of magical events appearing spontaneously seemed to be far more frequent than it had in the lull following the battles with the Rift gods.  Perhaps the strange Sea-God had something to do with that.  Her ears swiveled towards the sound of another approaching and she turned when she heard her name upon the lips of whomever was coming. 

She was pleased to see the gelding emerge from the trees.  Well, as pleased as the painted mare could be pleased about anything.  For the longest time it had just been her and Raeden that had paid any attention to the shadowy spaces of the herd, but perhaps Toulouse had proven himself by completing the task she had set and had brought back something that could soothe her mind further.  It had been a long time since she’d had reason to trust anyone with greater responsibility in her ranks. Perhaps Toulouse could share their burden.  “Ah, Toulouse.” she said easily, resting a hind leg while silently evaluating the gelding.

“What news?”

I O N A
image credit

No problem! took me forever too with the holidays! <3
@Toulouse

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit