the Rift

[PRIVATE] only for you and me

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Her sides were swelling further and further with each day, and each day she managed to sleep far into the day and fall asleep early in the evening – so far failing to actually converse with her King, her mate, her lover. And oh, did she have some exciting news to share with him. She recalled the moment when he wasn’t sure he could conceive anymore children, of how he had problems down there sustained from a battle with Elsa that possibly made it to where they’d never have children again. And while she didn’t mind the outcome, she was surprised to know that everything he had still worked, and she had every ounce of her body to show for it.

She didn’t look very pregnant this time, being so far into it. Instead, her thick winter coat came in to cover much of the parts of her that would appear as pregnant, giving her the appearance of a stuffy warm coat and a great many months of many meals. It was with this in mind, that she had gathered Marembo from his nest in the home she had made for the King, herself, and her children before stepping out in search of where the Elephant King could be today.

The sun was just past midday in the sky, snow twinkled against the branches as the sun rose into the sky unable to warm everything enough to get it to melt, but still around enough for a beautiful display of a gorgeous winter day. When she made it to a clearing, somewhat close to the cliffs and Tilney’s tree where they stayed, she aimed her head toward the sky. “Tembovu?!” She called out into the chilly air, unsure which direction of the land he was in at the moment (or even if he was here at all, with Kianzo being missing.) A soft sigh escaped through her lips, knowing that her call would at least distract the King if he did hear her. She didn’t call for him as the King, as many of their herdmates did. To her, he would always be her Tembovu. And she would call him such regardless of his title.

Patiently, she and Marembo waited. She stood among the snow and ice, a gilded sunset of warmth dazzled in gold as the blue hues of winter glimmered around her. Marembo stood off to the side, in the snow, using his little hands and paws to make little holes in the snow as he waited.

"Talk."
There’s untamed electricity, coursing through his veins
AND IT SHOCKS YOU WHEN YOU KISS HIM—
—but my god, it’s worth the pain.

@Tembovu take your time <3
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Black rimmed ears swiveled backwards—though it wouldn’t help him hear Mbwene’s words that spoke into his mind rather than his ears, ’Rex call.’ His great head swiveled in the direction of their home, navy eyes squinting against the glare of the late sun against the pristine snow. He peered out from the thick, gnarled, misted trunks across the great meadow in the center of the herdlands; in the cold weather, he always redoubled his patrolling walks around the herdlands to make sure that none of the herd members were succumbing to the cold weather.

With a fleeting glance towards the borders he was guarding, he turned and began to hastily trot back towards their home. Why was Rexanna calling him? His jaw set slightly as his thick, black lips pursed—guilt at rarely seeing his mate, after having asked her to leave her home behind to live with him in the Edge swelling in his barrel. Mbwene, as a product of this guilt, generally remained close to Rexanna and Marembo; the grouchy pachyderm had grown relatively fond of the little polecat, even allowing him to laze on her tusks when the snow iced his dextrous paws. She had not, however, entirely warmed up the Kiada. There was something dark in the filly that the matriarch mistrusted.

Loud, fast crushing of snow announced the Elephant’s arrival at their home—and he had eyes only for Rexanna’s cerulean gaze. His navy eyes softened and warmed the moment he saw her, the creases of responsibility and lines of worry melting away as he did not slow until his thick neck was secured around her silken, slender one.

He rumbled a warm, wordless greeting, nostrils flaring as they buried into her soft mane to take in her smell—lilies and sunshine. Eyes closed, he murmured, “I’ve missed you, mpenzi. Pausing, he shifted his massive stature once, enjoying how her beautifully svelte and smaller body fit so easily into his—though the shift was one of slight uneasiness, “I should give you a rank, here in the Edge. I know that you left one in the Basin… Would you like that?” He lipped the silken strands of her mane when he finished asking.
When the heart is on fire,
stop chasing the rain.
image |Table

@Rexanna
I'm so sorry for how long this reply took <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Lucky for the ex-Thief, it didn’t end up taking very long for her lover to arrive. She stood in wait, Marembo standing off to the side playing with the snow as his small beady eyes sought Mbwene. The times she allowed him to rest on her trunks were something the little spotted creature would never forget. And he was happy to know that despite the way Khairi and Keusi had treated him, that he at least had a friend among the land. He was the first to note Rexanna of the King’s arrival. His nose twitching slightly as he sniffed the air, being confident in his ability to sense the environment around him. “He coming.” The polecat passed through the bond and Rexanna offered a small smile to her companion and looked ahead to wait for his arrival.

As he made it toward her, her eyes sought the familiar blues of his own. The lines of duty, stress, and worry that adorned his face always seemed to soften when he was with her, and she couldn’t be happier to know that she had that effect on him. He pulled her in, his massive neck pressing against her own slender one as he pulled her into his broad chest. She melted into his sandy fur, breathing in the ever familiar scent of deserts and mist, though a hint of adventure still lingered there that Rexanna still couldn’t quite make out.

He began to speak and she turned her striped face to look upon him with a gentle smile. “I’ve missed you too, love.” She cooed in return before he began to speak again – talking of duties and jobs for her to work toward. While she had been thinking of it, and refusing to fall under the same category of Thief while she was here, she had a bit more important information for the Elephant King. “I haven’t given it too much thought, but I would like a job that kept me close to home. Learn to craft perhaps?” She paused, eyes looking thoughtful and pretending as though a lightbulb lit up in her head.

She looked at him with a sly gaze, almost teasing in a way as she giggled. “Staying home is vital, though.” She made it a point to try and be serious as she aimed to press her face into his broad shoulder. “Because I’m pregnant, Temb.” She cooed into the soft desert pelt of the Elephant King before pulling away and searching his face for his reaction.

"Talk."
There’s untamed electricity, coursing through his veins
AND IT SHOCKS YOU WHEN YOU KISS HIM—
—but my god, it’s worth the pain.

@Tembovu <3 :D
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
A grin crossed his thick, dark lips as the golden siren neatly folded into him, leaning into his chest as he cupped her close. His ears tipped forward, approval flashing through his eyes as she expressed a need to stay close, “Do you know that was how I started in the Edge? Crafting, and eventually becoming Glazier.” His low, quiet rumble was an offhand comment, a simple sharing of knowledge that would have been denied each other earlier in their relations by the distance between their herds. But any thoughts of sharing nonsense that create the entire vitality of love were swept away with her next, softly cooed words:

“Because I’m pregnant, Temb.”

His body stiffened—not out of fear or anger. But out of shock. “Preg—?” his low rumble cut out, unable to find the breath that had escaped his body in a loud, disbelieving woosh. The tenseness of his neck around Rexanna was almost too much—he forgot to temper his strength with the awe that struck him so soundly in his great chest.

His nostrils flared, ribs floundering for breath to say something—anything. But, instead, he simply jerked into motion, beck slipping from her neck to her back, pulling her silken, golden, spotted self even closer (if that was even possible). “I did not think—” again his voice cut off; though, of course, Rexanna already knew that the Elephant King did not know if he could still sire children.

Finally, after blinking away the brightness of his navy eyes (one will never know if the Elephant shed a tear), his hoarse voice finished a coherent thought, “You could not have told me better news, my love.” And he proceeded to run his muzzle all long her loin and haunch—blissfully happy to have Rexanna as his own.

Mbwene, having the joy of her bonded overflow to her, reached out her trunk and tightly squeezed hugged the snow-frolicking Marembo right in the polecat’s marbled middle. She chortled happily to both him and herself.
When the heart is on fire,
stop chasing the rain.
image |Table

@Rexanna UGH STOP IT WITH THE MUSHY CUTENESS
I can't.

Please tag Tembovu.