the Rift

[OPEN] earth not above

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

The night sky reflected quietly in the glassy waters. 'Look, Altair, it's like you're walking on the sky,' she mused quietly to her companion, emeralds intently watching the cerndyr slip silently through the starry waters. He glanced to his star swathed bonded, smiling and bumping his muzzle against her shoulder amicably. 'So do you,' he responded softly.

The maiden smiled back, moving her ebony legs rhythmically, accelerating her gait and leaving her companion to leap lackadaisically behind the Haruspex. Here, amongst starry waters and crisp, night airs, all her problems felt far away. Here, she was the moon, the wind, the sky, the stars, the galaxy, the cosmos, and everything in between. She was nothing, and everything, a phantasm that everyone could see.

It was only when her lungs began to scream for air and fatigue infected her legs that she slowed her pace, and was reminded of her body, of her transience. However, Frost remained determined to keep the worries of today for tomorrow. Her cloven hooves came to a standstill, her tiara tilted towards the moon, emeralds transfixed on the sky.

"Altair!" she called behind her, speaking to him aloud, an abnormal action for the maiden. "Do you remember all the constellations?" her lyrics were soft and joyful, her expression the same. The cerndyr replied with a snort, finally catching up to her side and tilting his own diadem at the sky to recite the constellations he remembered.

--

for @Astarot <3

drawing by the wonderful aeolle, table by the amazing time
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Astarot Posts: 81
Dragon's Throat Sun Physician atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 2 (Birdsong) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zafír :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Pare

In her mind she fantasize about gettin with me
Astarot found himself wondering around, unable to sleep. Sometimes he found it hard to stay int he confines of the sand and surf. He was sure Volterra wouldn't miss him, he was a growing boy it was only natural for him to wonder. His father would know that best, since he had lived in the wilds for most of his life. Blue and scarlet eyes tracked the mare running over the land. Curiously he picked up a trot and followed the fleeting lady. He hadn't been out of the Throat since he had given up on finding his mother. He shoved that thought away the second it appeared. This was not the time or place to think of her. So he focused on following the spotted mare's trail. It wasn't to hard, since she appeared to have stopped with a strange grey and silver deer at her heels. He watched them quietly his ears pricked to catch her words.

Dual eyes turned towards the stars curiously wondering what a constellation was. His head tilted and he squinted curiously at the shimmering stars. Warm steam billowed from his muzzle as the colt gave up and moved forward. A warm smile touched his lips as he called out gently, "Hello Miss, I hate to intrude, but I heard what you said. What is a constellation?" He stopped a couple feet away hopping he didn't startle her, or the deer thing. His smile was warm and sweet as he waited for their reaction.

Remembering his manners he bowed slightly and spoke warmly, "I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Astarot from the Dragon's Throat." He rose his skull marked head tilted up to her face. His growing white and cream tail swished behind him still not even long enough to touch the ground yet. He looked her over taking in her long horn, slender frame, and very long and mostly bald tail. He couldn't ever remember seeing such a tail before so he looked away quickly his ears twitching slightly with his embarrassment.
-----------------------------------
Speaking
Words;; 341
OOC/Tags;; @Frost Fyre Sorry if it's kind of short and off xD
Girl I'm the king so that means I'm fly
Astarot

'Andromeda, Antila, Apus, Agua...Aqua?' The stag grunted, his silver gaze slipping from the sky to his hooves, defeat weighing on his brow. The mottled maiden smiled sympathetically at her companion. 'Aquarius,' she piped, holding back a laugh. A dejected sigh fell from the cerndyr's lips as he lifted his diadem once again, preparing to recite the rest he knew.

He found himself incapable to go on, however, for a bit of incessant splashing disrupted his concentration. Frost's ears flicked back, taking note of the presence of another as well. She tilted her tiara over her shoulder, dark lips parting slightly, emerald's inquisitive, prepared to behold a more formidable sight than the one she was met by.

A boy.

His eyes, one of the noontime sky and one of a flesh wound, lingered on her tail. She self consciously wound it around her hind leg, wondering what had driven the bone marked boy to approach her. They listened quietly, with dainty ears pressed forward, relaxed smiles on their dark lips. Her heart fell when the boy asked her what a constellation was, but she wasn't surprised. She learned of the sky from the dream drunk lips of a squalid nomad she met on one of her ventures outside Helovia's borders. Part of her regretted leaving him without a goodbye, the other part of her regretted not leaving sooner.

No matter, 'the moment is now,' she reminded herself quietly, removing her tail from it's tangle around her leg to beckon the boy closer. She raised her horn once more, emeralds scouring the night sky. "When you look at the night sky, what do you see? The stars? Our Lady, the Moon? I see a map. The sky is divided into sections, into groups of stars that connect into pictures, into beings." She paused. "There," the Haruspex exclaimed, eyes alight and lips turned in a grandeur smile as she gestured toward a dazzling little group of stars, "that's Cassiopeia, the Queen! It looks like a zig zag. A friend told me that long, long ago the Queen Cassiopeia bragged that she and her daughters were more beautiful than all the Goddesses and all the Goddesses' daughters. Of course, the Queen's arrogance angered the Goddesses tremendously. As punishment, the Gods hung Cassiopeia in the sky to be humiliated for all eternity." Her lyrics never lost their exuberance, even though the tale itself was a disheartening one, she was happy to tell it.

Frost turned her dark head back to Astarot, a grin still settled on her dark lips. "My name's Frost Fyre, Haruspex of the Aurora Basin. You can call me Frost," She declared at last. A wet nudge on her shoulder and a grunt from her companion caused the unicorn to roll her eyes at the attention seeking cerndyr. "And this is Altair, my companion," she added as the rune encrusted elk stepped away from her side to give the boy a friendly grunt and dip of his head.

@Astarot ^^

Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Her head tilts back over her slender shoulder to gaze at him. He smiles and looks over how beautiful she is. He is young, but having been raised by his sire it was hard to not pick up on his mannerisms. He felt differently about mares than his father, but there was no harm in looking, as long as he was respectful. The colt watched the way the starts sparkled on her dotted coat. When his eyes drifted to her tail, she wound it around her legs. Embarrassed he looked to her face quickly his ears flicking sides with his feelings. He saw no reason to hide his feelings, at least not this kind. He wondered if she was self conscious about the lack of hair on her tail.

With her beckoning he stepped closer and followed her lead by looking upwards. His ears tilted to catch her words his eyes shimmering at the wonder of it all. It was strange for him to hear another's prospective on something so simple. His muscles tightened as eh stretched upwards as if trying to touch the shimmering specks. His eyes turned at her direction and he tilted his head this way and that as he listened. After a moment he found the design she was speaking of and a smile for of wonder painted itself over his face. Her words started a war in his chest. When she had finished her tale he spoke up, "I understand why they did that, but," His handsome skull marked face furrowed slightly as he turned to look at the pattern again. "It seems rather harsh, and stars are beautiful. It seems like more of a blessing than a curse. All of her children, grandchildren, and so on, will be able to see her very night."

His smile returned, he turned towards the mare wondering what she might have to say on that. She spoke her name and herd just as he had and he dipped his head low. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Frost." A soft grunt drew his eyes back to to the deer thing. The colt had never seen an Elk before, much less a Cerndyr. "It's also a pleasure to meet you Mister Altair." He nodded once more and smiled eyeing the creature his head tilted slightly. He wanted to ask what he was, but had learned long ago that companions had feelings as well. His Apa's dragons had taught him that long ago; even though he was sure others weren't nearly so egotistical. He held his tongue and turned back to Frost smiling warmly again. "Do you know if there are any dragons up there?" His eyes sparkled at the thought of a great star beast. A shiver of wonder passed over his pale hide as he looked up at the mare hopefully.

Speaking
Words;; 474
OOC/Tags;; @Frost Fyre So sorry you had to wait so long!

A dark ear swiveled toward the colt, a grin spreading over her lips as she watched the wonder of the stars captivate his expression. Her grin turned into a parting of her lips, her neutral brow into an impressed curve. She found herself with an immense amount of respect for the young boy, not only for being so eloquent at his age, but for having such an inquisitive, perceptive mind.

'Unlike you at his age,' Altair chimed, breaking the mare's concentration and earning the cerndyr a narrowed glare from his bonded. 'You didn't know me at his age,' she mentally hissed before softening her expression and flicking her emeralds delightedly back to the boy. 'Don't have to,' Altair added quietly, the silvery stag rather pleased with himself.

Frost dismissed her intrusive companion, smiling brightly at the creamy, skeletal colt. "It's said they hung her in the sky in a way so that she would have to hang from her head and cling to her throne for half the year, but," she shrugged, "I don't understand why her punishment had to be so beautiful, either, Astarot. In the sky, she is seated amongst great warriors and legendary beasts. She was simply a girl who made a silly mistake; how does that make her worthy of an eternity amongst the stars? I don't know, I've spent half my life trying to understand these Gods, but perhaps, as a mere mortal, I'm simply incapable of doing so." Frost shook her head, mane tumbling around her slender, sloping head as her eyes fell to her hooves, lost in thoughts of chasing Gods.

Oh, but the boy brought her back, his gentle, artful chords stirring her once more. She smiled at the dip of his regal head, offering a nod of her own. "The pleasure is all mine," the Haruspex replied with a silken tone. The cerndyr at her side responded to the boy with a dip of his head and an affable grunt, his silvery gaze flicking to his bonded as if to say, 'just look at how good I'm being!' She smiled at the elk before moving her gaze back to the boy, ears pricked as his creamy jaw moved with articulate, inquisitive lyrics once again.

His question was an absolute delight to the maiden. "Why, of course there is!" Frost exclaimed, her eyes bright and smile wide. Her tiara tilted upwards hastily, emeralds having no trouble finding the constellation she was looking for. She motioned towards it, a curvaceous, snaking figure in the sky. "That's Draco, the Dragon, one of the largest constellations in the sky. He was a ferocious beast, more gargantuan than any other dragon who has ever lived, and more savage than any other, too. He warred against the Gods for years on end until one of the Goddesses finally defeated him and flung him into the sky," She stated, her lyrics smooth, her eyes captivated by the constellation. She could certainly understand why the boy would be intrigued by such a beast as it.

@Astarot no worries, there's no rush !! <3

Dawn is coming
open your eyes

The colt smiled as he caught the look on her face as he spoke. He often enjoyed the way other's were surprised by his thoughtful words. He was so similar and so different from his family. They were all brash ready for a fight with a tongue like a whip. Of course he enjoyed the thought of fighting and ruling, but he also enjoyed learning and taking it slow. He tried to be different from his horde of siblings; to be honest it wasn't that hard. He grinned up at her eyes bright as he watched her devour his words. A chuckle sounds from his light lips as she glares at the creature beside her. He knows that they probably share the same bond his father has with his dragons. He knew they had secret words in their minds, so he assumed that was what was happening now.

He enjoyed the smile she laid upon him as she spoke. His head titled slightly as he though over her words of gods and goddesses. "Maybe the gods don't see stars like we do. They made them so they would just be another thing they did, but we see them as something solid. They are always there and to some they give stability in a crazy world." He turned his gaze to the sky once more looking at the shimmering figures.

He smiled as she said the pleasure was her's, but he wasn't so sure. His heart pounded at the prospect of hearing about a great star dragon. His head turned instantly to the sky as she spoke excitedly. His eyes sparkled as he pictured the stars as a massive golden beast burning the world one village at a time. He hung on every word she had to say about Draco. His wistful sigh was loud his eyes never leaving the constellation.

"My father has two dragon companions, and my brother can shift into a dragon." His sweet voice was tinged with a bitterness he had never expressed before. "One day I'll have a dragon at my side and I think I'll name him Draco, or Draca if it's a girl." He glanced at her curious if she would approve of his choice. He wondered if he would ever deserve to stand beside his noble family. He felt like a begger among kings when he stood around his brothers and father. He turned to the stars allowing them to carry away his dark feelings.
Speaking
Words;; 412
OOC/Tags;; @Frost Fyre
Astarot