the Rift

Everything Stays

Arende Trefe Posts: 8
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 5 (Tallsun)
Adoptable

He thought he had smelled him upon the wind, and it was with swift motions of his long legs did he sprint with renewed vigor. Heart pounding in his ears his nostrils flared from exertion, his wings tucked tightly against his sides in order to give him the best chance of gaining speed. His mind was racing of how he would respond if he finally came across him. What would he say to the man who had murdered their mother? Would he scream and cry before trying to rip the flesh from his body, or would he try and snap those precious wings he so often tried to preen in hopes of catching a damsel's eye. The anger only continued to bubble, and with a snap of his teeth he did not stop running until he simply couldn't anymore. All at once his body simply stopped, and down he fell into the snow, it causing shivers to run along his spine.

There had not been snow in Bahari, the climate had been much too warm, and he had only rarely seen it in the lands of his home Korofi, only when he traveled to the higher parts of the mountain did he see it, and even then it was only a light dusting. This was different though, the snow thickly layered on the floor and nearly up to his knees, leaving him quite curious as his wings fanned at his sides and rested lightly against the icy shards, letting the cool sensation soak through the sensitive tines of his feathers. Brown eyes of honey studied his surroundings for a moment, before finally rising his his feet and looking ahead in hopes of an answer to where he exactly was.

As the powder began to fall away from his dark body, his face was only looking up into the thick trees, wondering where the sunlight was coming from if he couldn't see it past the thick, entwined branches. He wasn't used to not seeing the sky, and he suddenly felt rather nervous. Swallowing hard, the stallion finally tilted his head to face forward once again, continuing a now relaxed pace in hopes of finding something. Maybe someone would be able to tell him where his supposed brother was.

"Talk."

arende trefe
the spared eagle son

Anyone is welcome to join! I know he'd probably go anywhere but the Edge as Gaal is there and we don't want them meeting yet!!

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
SUNJATA

Snow was stupid, as far as the brute knew. It was a horrible thing, far too cold, white, and perfect. So he took it upon himself to destroy every little perfect patch of snow on his approach back to the threshold. It was simple, really, his large hooves made perfect impact markings upon the snow. His large spread wings were perfect for fucking everything else up as well. What was originally a beautiful picture was horribly destroyed and mangled by a man that one, hadn’t gotten laid in a while; and two, seemed to have no real direction or motivation in the herd he was a part of.

In the wake of his destruction of the harmless snow, he found himself among the vaguely familiar trees of the Threshold. The place where Graasvoel had stolen his sister away from his side to live in the same herd as the bastard and the Elephant General. And oh, how the blue jay had tried so hard to convince his beloved sister to move to the Throat with him, so he could protect her from the Dorobians at any cost. But no, she was still not by his side, and he was still trying to figure out exactly where to go from here.

His heavy footfalls gathered snow among the navy hue of his lower half, his bright blue eyes surveying the area around him as his wings remained folded tightly to his back. His ivory head lifted, sniffing the air briefly for any hint of life. He wasn’t disappointed when a strangely familiar scent came across his radar. His head tilted for a moment before he pinpointed his direction in the area the creature was headed. He smelled like home – of the sands and bustling city life of the Bahari. Sunjata would do anything to find out just who it was.

As he approached, he slipped out from the cover of the snowy trees to spot a red body among the ivory snow. It took a few moments to register who this person was, but it hadn’t taken long before the name crossed his mind. With a bright smile against his blackened lips, he stepped a bit closer. “Arende? Is dat jy ou vriend?” He called out, his native language coming back into focus as if nothing had changed. Eager blue gaze lingering on the figure he had dealt trades with in what seemed like a lifetime ago. Perhaps things were changing for the better – a sense of purpose toward meeting old friends.

"Talk."

Is dat jy ou vriend? - is that you, old friend?

they wanted a monster.
i decided to give them one.

image credits

@Arende Trefe :D

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Astrid Posts: 11
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 18 hh :: 3
Bonita

Astrid
Pegasus Mare

The blue roan jezebel had felt as if she had just arrived but in all reality she had been here for some time, wandering in circles with no direction to go and no idea where she was. Every time she seemed to get somewhere there would be some large group talking that startled her and she would turn away. She kept her steps quieted and muted as best as she could for in all reality she didn’t know if she wanted to meet anyone yet. Her head was still in such a fog, she could not remember anything from her past, not one single damn thing. She barley felt as if she had a sense of self besides she knew she liked to be in a quiet place, it felt safer when it was quiet and she could hear her surroundings better. Where she was connected most with the earth around her. Astrid is blind. She can see outlines of trees, of the topography of the earth, and just the faintest touch of color. This has also always forced her into a world of her own, except for one person? She just can’t remember who.

She steps gingerly in the crunchy layer of snow, feeling how cold it is on her hooves and her skin. It has snowed quite a bit since she had arrived and it had felt like more of a dusting. The new snow has made it so much harder for her to see the ground. She can’t hardly hear the changes from soil to rock anymore and the wind has taken many sounds with its roaring in her ears this day. Her milky eyes scanned the world around her and helped her pick her way through the trees. Another roaring gust of wind (to others it may not seem as loud as it is to her) picked up and she turned her ears back and her face into the wind and squinted so that she could still somewhat see. Her blue body moved between the trees like this for a time, wings folded tightly against for body for warmth and to help not hit her wings on any unforeseen branches.

She couldn’t help but think about how she had not seen anything in a while when before she knew it she saw two figures before her. She stopped right in her tracks with a shocked grunt accommodating her astonished look. Her plan on avoiding everyone has failed for since one was blue and white (like the snow in her eyes) and the other male was a brown and orange color (much like the trees in her eyes) she had missed them completely in her sight. She snorted and raised her head high, eyes opening wide enough she that she could see their outlines now. Her wings separated from her sides slightly as if to look bigger than her 18hh stature already is. “I…I…do apologize. I honestly did not see you…or you.” She took a couple slow steps backwards and watched them to gauge their response to her presence.

WC: 512

DONT MAKE ME WALK WHEN
I WANT TO FLY

Up For Adoption
Adoptable

White skull lifted at once at the sound of his native tongue, and upon seeing the blue and white jay he smiled brightly, lifting his legs high above the snow with each step to reach him faster. With a tender offer of his muzzle he snorted, meeting bright blues with the light honey of his own,"Ons ontmoet weer kameraad! Have you been well Sunjata?" He felt comforted by the presence of another, especially from someone he knew, and though the two hadn't necessarily been entire close, they had bonded over the times he had offered his wares to the noble steed. Along with the dark, lonely nights he had faced these past few months in search of his brother, he had come to find that company was something he had grown to quite miss. With his eyes still light, he glanced at their surroundings quietly, studying the way the trees swayed and how closed off they seemed, before finally looking to the brute once again,"Tell me kaameraad, where are we now? Have you been here long, and are there... others?"

He didn't want to sound too hopeful with his words, but if there was one Korofi, there was always more, and he hoped and prayed that meant that Graasvoel had also come this way too. It would make his life that much easier. If Sunjata knew of him, knew where he was, then all Arende would need to do is begin his plan of attack, to figure out how he would approach the one who ruined his life with one simply act of apathy. Letting his eyes wander patiently as he waited for his friend's answer, he suddenly noticed the trees parting to revel and pretty little mare, seemingly unsure of where she was walking before nearly stumbling upon them. There was a glassiness to her eyes, one that Arende found to be intrigued, yet he made no comment, but simply watched her as she seemed to so hesitantly speak.

His eyes suddenly went soft, watching her with kind eyes and offering a warm smile. He took this moment to turn away from the fellow male to address her, stepping only slightly closer so as not to startle her. She seemed skittish, as if this had been an accident, and based on her words he was probably correct in his assumption. She was but a lost damsel stuck in the dark woods, waiting to be rescued by someone, anyone. The winged man was happy to oblige. With his never once leaving hers, he tried to remain friendly, keeping his wings tucked close to appear smaller, and his ears pricked in curious attention,"There's no need to apologize M'Lady, we were just making up for lost time. Are you in search of something? Although I am not familiar with these parts, I'm sure my friend Sunjata would be able to assist both of us. I am Adrende Trefe, but you may call me Arende. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." His smile was so charming, the way in which he stood showing off his muscular physique, and even as he stood there looking quite attractive, he certainly wasn't trying to be. He was concerned about her, and it was evident in the way in which he watched her patiently, worry etching at the corners of his kind eyes, all while he hoped that she would at least say something to them.

"Talk."

arende trefe
the spared eagle son

@Sunjata

Ons ontmoet weer kameraad! - We meet again comrade!

SUNJATA

”Ons ontomeot weer kameraad!”

The vocals were comfortably familiar, but reminiscent of a distant past. The simple terminology in his native tongue almost felt like a relic of history, the way it dropped from his pale face. As the man stepped closer, offering his muzzle Sunjata did the same. Deep navy brushed softly against the pale hues of the man before him as he asked if he was well. All the blue jay could do was shrug his shoulders slightly. “Ek doen die beste wat ek kan.” He admitted, the words leaving his lips as a deep sharp baritone. “You are in Helovia, my friend. And yes, there are many like us.” He stepped back to allow Arende his space, flexing his wings slightly for comfort among the chill of winter.

There aren’t many Korofi here. As far as I know it’s just my sister and I, and another bastard of one. There’s many Dorobians here though. I hear the Elephant General is here as well.” The information was easy to offer. Sunjata wanted to believe deep down that Arende would have as much hatred for Tembovu and the havoc he wrought as the blue jay did. And yet, the thought was cut short as blue and red were met with a pretty speckled pegasus. Sharp blues cast over the woman briefly as she showed her surprise, wings popping away from being comfortably tight against her body in an act of surprise. Sunjata wanted to laugh at the idea, but stifled it as Arende spoke.

The blue jay didn’t really want to recruit anyone. But if it helped with his standings, then he’d at least try something new. His gaze focused on the mare before dipping his heavy pale head – marked with an ebony beak like marking. “I am Sunjata. I live in the Dragon’s Throat, a place far south from here if you’re looking to escape the snow.” He smiled to her gently, though the smile hadn’t reached his eyes before he cleared his throat. “And you might be?” His voice was washed with a thick accent of Korofi, but still the question stood.

If you’re both looking to find a place to rest your heads, you can come back with me to the Throat and I can get you situated in the life of Helovia?” He questioned, refraining from throwing out the idea that equines, unicorns, and pegasi all lived amongst each other. It ran off a hierarchy that was uncomfortable for Sunjata, and one he’s gladly rage about at one point. Though today wasn’t that time.

"Talk."

Ek doen die beste wat ek kan - I'm doing the best I can.

they wanted a monster.

image credits

@Astrid @Arende Trefe sorry for the wait! Stupid power :|

Astrid Posts: 11
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 18 hh :: 3
Bonita

Astrid
Pegasus Mare

The wind nipped at the soft tips of her ears and caressed her nose. White plums of warm air drifted out of her nose with the heaving of her chest. She didn’t mean to seem helpless though if challenged to a fight she would try to talk her way out of it or do her best to evade the predicament altogether. With her eyes being so poor she would have to use her hearing and her developed sense of others presence to try and figure out their moves and their attacks. She has always felt this would be too much for her and she would lose, she may even die. Thoughts of these two possibly attacking her filled her mind and she began to remember a male attacking her, he was black and she felt like she knew him well but could not remember his name or how she knew him. He was always angry with her, always punishing her. His voice was loud and pounding in her mind.

She closed her eyes and her head turned as if to shy away from the memory. This is when the red male began to move towards her and he spoke but unlike her memory his voice was kind. She shivered at the contrast between his voice and that of the black male in her memory. She looked right at him and could see that his face and neck were not like the rest of him. It blended with his surroundings and she could see better that he was white. His scent as he stepped closer was stronger and it smelled homely and warm to match his voice. Her tips flicked towards him although she kept her posture. Wings extending the flight feathers gracefully.

M’lady? Such a strange way to regard someone. She had never heard this term before but certainly it had to refer to her gender. Did they all talk like this? His words otherwise were inviting. He didn’t seem defensive or offended. Sunjata. Arende. Their names sounded foreign and even in her mind she couldn’t tell if she was thinking of the spelling correctly. Her tail tossed lightly and she curled a hoof, lightly dragging the tip along the ground. Gauging the soil for if it is frozen and firm or soft and malleable. A girl has to make sure her chances of a good escape run if she needs to. To be honest…Arende, I have no idea where I am. I woke up a few days ago here…where ever here is! Her voice squeaked at the end in a small gesture of exhaustion. Her voice is soft in volume though and carries a rustic northern European accent that would come from a place that is covered in snow parts of the year. It is crisp and easily understood. I feel like I have been walking around in circles… Her voice and her head dropped together for she felt like she was getting nowhere in her heart or around this place. What do I want? She asked herself the question but said nothing aloud.

Next the blue male seemed to regard her and she turned her attention to him, her haunches leaning away from him and her wings pulsed ever so slightly as if like silks waving on a breeze. Her mane is long and reaches down her shoulder, almost down to her knee, its texture is slightly wavy. A forelock like a river down her face and splits on either side of her eye. My name is Astrid This statement is said towards both of them. She can’t seem to see a mane on blue as she watches him, even as he speaks she looks for its presence but mostly what she can see is floating blue patches. His accent is strong, she’s never heard anything remotely like it. She hardly believes she understood a word he said properly but thinks she got the gist of it maybe. She spoke this time to blue. Can you tell me what it is like there? What if Astrid likes the snow? She didn’t say this but instead waited to see if this place was worth going to. What if they are in war? Astrid would be of no use to them…she would just hold them back or run away.

She tilts her head slightly and extends her nose out briefly towards him taking in the way he smells and also trying to get a better look but them curls her nose back towards her neck before glancing over at red again. The proposition was intriguing. So far so good.

“Talk"

WC: 771
No worries Skylark. :)
I'm literally developing her as I go along. She was not planned out at all and created on a whim. lol. I hope she is interesting. You guys write beautifully btw.

IM ON THE HUNT FOR WHO
I'V NOT YET BECOME

@Sunjata @Arende Trefe

Up For Adoption
Adoptable
arende trefe

He couldn't help but feel concerned for Sunjata. Had his stay here not been as welcoming as it should have been? He knew adjusting to a new place and life was very hard, he knew this very well, but it didn't mean he wasn't worried about his old friend. What had happened that made him seem so... bitter? Before he could ask the man was speaking once again, and at once he understood, not because he could relate, but knew the tensions between the Korofi and Dorobians had always been high. Although he was fortunate enough to never experience the backlash of the war, he had heard the news and rumors of it on his travels whilst trading, and all of it sounded like an awful mess. War was never pretty, and although he never knew why it truly began, he also felt that such things happened for a reason, and one mustn't back down from a fight. That was not the Korofi way. They were great warriors that fought until the death, holding pride for their battle scars and broken wings and the blood upon their hooves. They would fight tooth and hoof to bring those who had betrayed them down, and would stop at nothing to bring justice.

That was Arende's goal after all, to bring justice to his beloved mother who had been ambushed, then left to rot because one of her sons has chosen not to care. A bile rose within his throat, his eyes fighting back tears as all the anguish resurfaced, and with all of his strength he kept them back as he listened to Sunjata continue. Although he hadn't personally met the Elephant King, he knew of him, and him ruling here meant hard times were coming should he decide to strike. However, perhaps he had come here for a new start as so many others had, and had decided to set aside the differences the two races had against each other. The white and red could only hope this was the case.

His mind was brought back to reality when the pretty damsel from before began to speak, her eyes filled with uncertainty with every word she said. He hadn't noticed until now how much taller she was than both of them, towering over the two by easily a hand or two, and the sudden realization made Arende feel rather... inadequate? The Korofi women were often smaller in size, lightly built and meant for agile, swift movements, instead of brute force like their male counterpart. It was hard in many ways to take in the tower height of this rather pretty woman. He didn't know where to go from there, other than the fact she was lost, and she needed someone to help her. Arende wanted to, he really did, but being just as new as she, he had no idea where to begin in this Helovia.

"That is quite the predicament Miss Astrid," he rumbled thoughtfully, watching her pleasantly despite his own insecurities, and he would have said more had the blue jay not interjected, suggesting both of them come with him to his home. Curiosity piqued, he listened to what he had to say before turning at the sound of the lady's response, and thus was left to think and possibly make his own decision. Should he follow his friend and settle for awhile? Perhaps he could grab Intel from others in the whereabouts of Gaal; but then again how long had he been waiting to finally face his brother again? Was his mother's vengeance worth waiting for? No, he immediately told himself. This was not something that could be pushed aside for later. His mother deserved better than that. How long had she waited for someone to heal her before she had died of infection? How many nights had she cried, his name falling from her lips telling him to hurry home because she needed him. And he had never come. Clearing his throat in hopes of once again blinking away the tears, he turned to his comrade with a serious expression, determination glimmering in his honey eyes as he finally spoke again,"I apologize Sunjata. As much as I enjoy our reunion, and would like to see your home; there is something I must do. I came here looking for someone, and I must find them with haste. Until we meet again, I wish you the best, and hopefully we can find Astrid a place to stay."

His nose gently bumped into his companion's in a friendly way, as if to show no hard feelings, before he finally addressed the pretty bluebird again. His eyes were filled with a sweet kindness, an apologetic smile across ivory lips as he approached her as well, though much slower, and offering his own muzzle to hers as a sign of friendship,"As much as I would love to speak more with you M'lady, I'm afraid there are other matters I must address at this moment in time. I do hope we can meet again." And he truly meant it, his smile filled with genuine earnest, it charming and alluring all at once in the most unintentional way. Had he been doing anything else, not been so worried about saving his mother's family name, he might have invited the beauty to join him. To walk for awhile and talk with him so they could get to know each other. He certainly wasn't unfamiliar with the ways of courting another, with the shy glances and giddy giggling as they played cat and mouse with their words, but he simply had put these activities on the back burner. His mother would always come first for him. Always. So with a dip of his head to both, he finally went to make his leave, heading in the direction Sunjata had come in hopes of being able to escape this maze.

"Talk."

i have never met a strong
character with an easy past
image | bckg

@Sunjata - sorry Arende decided he needed to gtfo... They'll meet again though! Lol sorry to cut this short, I'm just so excited to get him out there and since Myrrine's in the Throat right now I most likely won't want him there. Anyway, lemme know if you would like to thread again sometime @Astrid. Arende kinda thinks she's cute ;D

SUNJATA

At this point, attention was entirely directed at the large roan woman. Sunjata’s bright blue eyes swept over her time and time again in a quiet dance of curiosity. As she spoke, she mentioned that she didn’t know where she was, and that she had fallen asleep and woke up here, never quite getting out of the maze that was the Threshold. Sunjata could understand that – he probably wouldn’t have figured his way out of this place if Volterra hadn’t offered him a home. And with that, his gaze drifted toward Arende, his old friend, to see their interactions since it seemed as though that was all the mare wanted to do.

He stifled his annoyance at such an act, and instead nodded to her as she gave them her name. As the offer came out onto the table of where he lived and the opportunities he could provide, he only nodded in understanding at Arende’s need for tying up loose ends. “Of course, my friend. Let me know if I can be of assistance.” He answered, returning the gesture with the bump of his nose to the scarlet man’s own. As his attention returned to Astrid, Sunjata offered a charming smile.

The Throat has been a wonderful place thus far. It’s a desert-like climate, surrounded by water which provides great protection. Since we have wings, it definitely helps getting to and from each shore. I’d be glad to show you, if you’d prefer? If not, I can show you out of the Threshold so you can wander and create your own path?” His options were simple – he wasn’t really begging her to come with him, and if she’d rather just wander and find things out for herself, who was he to judge? Regardless of the choice of the roan mare, he began to walk the path toward Helovia – to new life and new destinies.

"Talk."

they wanted a monster.

image credits

@Astrid sorry it's short! If you'd like Sunjata to take Astrid to the throat, let me know and I'll put up a post! If not, she's free to explore the rest of Helovia :) And thank you, btw! <3