the Rift

[PRIVATE] Used to be something

Bolverik Posts: 15
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 12 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tamme
Bolverik
Can't be your superman

What had he become? How far had he fallen from glory?

Many years he had spent wandering in the wilderness, unsure of himself or his purpose. He had been a prince, groomed for leadership, and his kingdom had been burned beneath his hooves. He was a King of Ash, of nothing. The very foundation of who he was shattered beneath his golden hooves and he became nothing. What was a king without his kingdom? His sole purpose had been to lead and protect, and that purpose was ripped away.

In his youth, he called for revenge, wanting to kill those who took what was his - took his very soul. One had died beneath his hooves, and he remembered standing over that corpse with blood coating his hooves, horns and teeth while feeling nothing. Absolutely nothing. The satisfaction he craved never came and the sense of purpose never found its way into his heart. He felt empty.

He had come here with his learned habits and training, assuming the position of pride and a king only to be summarily told to fuck off. His bastard half-sibling, Torleik, had earned more than he had - even the attentions of a ghostly warrior queen. How had the runt of the litter achieved so much when he, the golden one, fell so far? Angry, he had stormed into the woods, and now? Now his eyes were opened and he realized.

Bolverik was nothing. He had to rebuild himself again from the ground up. The stallion looked down at the gold bangles hanging around his lion tail and gently pulled them from the tangled locks. With a flick of his head, he tossed them near a rock covered with vines. The green was everywhere - so much so that it blotted out the sky. He hadn't any idea of the hour in such a long time, and it was liberating.

He grunted softly and wandered toward a pool of water, scrubbing the mud from his black and gold hide with his teeth and thinking about not what he was but who he wanted to be.

Bolv had no idea...

He had never been given a choice before.

Credits: Image by manicmondays @ DA

@Avis @Serenity
I'm aching for you
But you're bound to bleed if I adore you

please tag me in all posts

Serenity Posts: 78
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 7 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Avis

"my thoughts are stars i cannot fathom into constellations,
so if you be my star then i'll be your sky"

"Tor... Torleik?"
The words slipped from the slit of her lips before she could catch herself, hesitant yet eager in the way she spoke them. She approached from behind, and she wasn't sure what about him pulled the name from her throat--hidden in the shrubbery the greens masked all the tell-tale signs of someone other than her once friend. A glimpse of horns and his black sheen were enough to warrant the image of him in her mind. It was there; shakily and partly faded, but there.

Had she even wanted to see him? The thought of him lingered since her crash landing from the storm that stole her memories, the first of the horned she would meet again. She knew, somewhere, that what he said was truth: he knew her, she knew him. But the mere fact of missing time believed her to doubt, and so she had kept away. Until, at least, she had run into the winged woman who went with him and found her too. Serenity had ran long before she could grab a name and the guilt had chewed at her since. Perhaps enough time had passed since their first interaction--since was, in some way, looking for him.

But she was also seeking comfort, and her direction instinctively aimed toward the labyrinth. Elsa first found her there and she had sought solace from its hanging greenery since. She would lose herself amid the twists and boughs. She would get lost. She would try to find herself. She was certain that she would never get who she was back--she would never even know who that was--but with the rising moons she was coming to accept it. Much like him, like the one she would some day learn who'd save her, she had to rebuild herself.

Unlike him, however, her fear of horns would set her lightyears behind.

The cling of metals pulled her attention down toward his tail and quickly realization set in that it couldn't be Torleik. Both some form of embarrassed and suddenly afraid, she pushed herself out of the surrounding branches to reveal herself to the apparent stranger. He had already headed toward the pool, but she lingered back with a would-be blush spreading across her cheeks were it visible. Wings clamped shut around her small frame, and she looked at the ground; she couldn't meet his eyes. "Oh, I... I am sorry for the mistake." Her voice was light as wind, fluid as water, stars lit brightly against the darkness of the bushy overgrowth.

credits

@bolverik i love him and you ;; <3

STARS FADING BUT I LINGER ON DEAR
STILL CRAVING YOUR KISS
(Please tag me in every post)