the Rift

[OPEN] blue yonder

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow
I have sailed the world, beheld its wonders

The water laps against the soft feathering of his fetlocks as he steps into the tide, washing around his hooves with its current unchanged. The stallion gives a long, luxurious sigh and takes another step, closing his eyes against the brisk sea breeze and revelling in the water that tickles his legs. He has always felt as one with the ocean, as much part of the ebb and flow of the tide as he is with the solid ground beneath his feet. Perhaps it's his pirate origins or just his breeding, but he cannot resist the allure of the sea.

He only wishes he could breathe underwater, so he could submerge himself beneath the waves and view what lies beneath.

As it is, he must simply content himself with paddling and swimming. The islands a short distance away beckon to him, but to get there Bartholomeo must swim. This doesn't bother him in the slightest, and in a few more steps he's up to his chest in salty brine. He kicks off from the rocky sand beneath his hooves, feeling the water swell against his body as he powers himself through it with his muscular legs. He's soon sunk to his neck, but the land beneath the waves holds no fear for the pirate man. He boosts himself through at a solid, resolute doggy-paddle, his limbs churning until they ache. He does not fear drowning - he is a pirate, the sea cannot possibly take him.

Soon, he emerges upon the Riptide Isles. It seems warmer here than the rest of Helovia, the shore untounched by the snow and frost of winter. Bartholomeo enjoys the warmer temperatures, and his damp bay coat is soon drying in the weak Frostfall sun. He sets off to explore between the boulders of the shoreline, intrigued by what he could possibly discover in the small rock pools and piles of seaweed that litter the sand.

from the Dardanelles to the mountains of Peru

x

@Tilney !

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

The isles had always been a source of great twists and turns for Tilney. Here it had been where a simple herb gathering had turned into months at sea, a demise he thought would be the end of him. Then it had brought that one fateful day that had cemented his depressive state and solidified all his misjudgements and misguided actions to one pathetic pinnacle; here it was he created that new life with the exotic stranger, two faces he'd not yet laid his eyes upon. Two sons were the rumors, both antlered and marked with a tree.

There were other rumors, ones circulating about another tree stamped mutt only this one was not a babe born out of an angry affair. It was a male with black locks and beaded braids, one who prefered the company of the sea and no other. There was only one person in all the lands who could fit that description so perfectly.

Upon crossing the waves and tides Tilney found himself gazing upwards at the grand cliff face beside him. the mouth of the isles and their terrifying, gaping cracks called him forth to meet his destiny it seemed. A splash was hear amongst the flutter of birds escaping the canopy and upon turning his nares Tilney caught the sight of a brown-tinted man.
"Bartholomeo?" The stag called, hoping more than anything that his brother would be the one to stand against the shore. It surely was him; he could see the splashes of white he remembered so fonly littering his shoulders and the ominous black tree harnessing his neck. "Bartholomeo..."

x

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Snow

It isn't long before the pirate's earthy green eyes land upon the approaching form of a stranger, and his heart begins to hammer as he notices that the outline looks familiar. Finally it resolves itself, and the stag gives a great joyous whinny as his chestnut sibling calls his name and moves towards him. Of course, he'd known Tilney must be around, and he'd had every intention of hunting down his younger sibling in the near future, but to have them stumble upon each other is simply too good for words!

The stag turns, his wild black mane blowing in the sea breeze as his face upturns in a broad grin. "Brother!" he booms in delight, quickly closing the distance between them and seeking to knock his antlers gently against those of his sibling. His roaming bay muzzle hunts for Tilney's own, whuffing soft blasts of warm air towards the younger stallion's white-snipped nose. "Tilney, by the God of the sea himself, it is so good to see you again." He steps back to scrutinise his sibling all over; the distinctive white tree marking, the pale antlers, and the...lantern? Hmm, that's an interesting addition.

"We have so much to catch up on. But first..." The pirate's trademark wicked grin flexes across his muzzle, and he hunts around for a suitable prop. He finds a small piece of driftwood, vaguely cup-shaped with a hollowed centre and a small twig extending from the side to use as a handle. The bay dips his skull and hooks the makeshift tankard onto one of the tines of his antlers, dipping it in the sea water so it dribbles salty brine down onto his head. "I raise this tankard to the fantastic news I've recently received - that my baby brother is no longer a virgin." His eyes twinkle good-naturedly with just a hint of wickedness. "If only we had some ale to mark this momentous day!" He looks around for some fermented apples, but his search is futile. Damn, it's been so long since he indulged...

x

@Tilney !

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney

"Bart, Oh Bart" The overwhelmed gent chortled to his brother as he strode towards him. Flicking his green eyes over the stag from hoof to ear, it was hard to regocnise him; he was not the sun-bleached blonde boy he knew any longer. His hair had grown darker with age though still retained some of that golden glow in his black forest of braids (or were they dreadlocks?)  

With a great, hearty grunt, Tilney lowered his crown and braced for his brother's rather violent embrace. Their horns met with a THWACK! just like old times, causing a wide grin and a mumbling laugh to fall from the chestnut's muzzle.
It was as this brother of his breathed softly into his nares that he truly felt who the man he embraced was.
His greatest idol and truest friend.

"You're really here" Tilney uttered in what sounded like disbeleif, though really he was just stating that Bartholomeo was, in fact, finally here with him.

Though what the painted brute spoke next, dunking a perculiar piece of driftwood into the sea and announcing a toast to Tilney's virginity that caused him to groan, his green irises dissapearing into his skull momentarily. "Must you really, brother!?" The stag bellowed, a short-lived laugh escaping his maw. "It has been years since we last saw one another and first you must mention.... THAT!"

Truthfully, it was more than refreshing to hear that kind of chatter. With all the tight politics of the Edge it was about time Tilney was introduced to some smut.
So it was with a grand smile that Tilney looked back to his brother and sighed a hearty sigh.
"I am so glad to see you"

x

@bartholomeo !!! SORRYYYYYY IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Snow

The stag's broad grin widens and he unleashes a hearty, booming laugh with such force it makes the faux-tankard jangle loudly against his antlers. He lowers his head to swiftly rid himself of the prop before wiggling his eyebrows at his younger sibling. "Forgive me, brother, but I was so delighted with the news. I thought you were going to die as pure as the day you were born - I'm delighted to see you indulging in the nefarious side of life."

Another great boom of a laugh as the chimeric stallion steps back to admire his sibling. Tilney's not the boy he remembers - in more ways than one - and Bart is pleased to see the chestnut has grown up into a handsome young man. The pirate's features soften and he releases a small whicker of genuine love and affection. "I met your son, Byron. He is a fine lad, Tilney - you must be proud." A shadow crosses the bay's eyes as Jack's image flashes in front of his vision, but the lapse in his concentration is only momentary and the warm smile is soon back in place. "And your daughter, Maude, is the sweetest little thing I've ever met. She must get her looks from her mother." He flashes another grin.

I am so glad to see you. Bartholomeo gives a gentle whicker and steps forth to try and press his dark muzzle into his brother's shoulder. "And I you, brother." He hadn't realised how much he'd missed his family until he became reacquainted with them. "So, aside from bedding every woman this side of the ocean, what have you been up to?" Those handsome eyebrows of his wiggle again. "Tell me everything."

x

@Tilney