the Rift

[OPEN] We don't own our heavens now, We only own our hell

Sabia Posts: 58
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Mouse
Sabia
If you’ve ever woken up early a winter morning you could possibly find yourself surrounded in the sacred silence of the snow. Nothing – absolutely nothing – is out at this time. It’s almost as if with the bears everything else has hibernated into a deep sleep. The sun, still rising, hits the untouched snow just right and makes the snow look like millions of little crystals ready for the taking. Curled under a cream colored wing is a small body completely dependent on his mother, trusting that she will protect him while he gathers his strength for another day of play.

At peaceful times like these the mare wonders what she did to have such a wonderful child like Saoirse, but then a ghost of a voice whispers in the back of her mind ‘you were foolish and ventured into a dark forest at night’ it would hiss  ‘that thing is a mistake…it shouldn’t be here, you didn’t want it!’

Raising from her spot Sabia shakes off the snow from the previous night and moves through the snow, she needs a break. Perhaps she would gather some herbs, winter was a time of great sicknesses but…she would have to bring Saoirse with her. The mare gives a snort sending clouds of fog into the air that almost immediately disappear. Sabia’s sea green eyes flick to the sky because she could so easily just fly away from…everything and start a new life.  

The man that did this to her might want that though, so he could make Saoirse just like him. That won’t happen…there will be no more monsters in this world.

“Saoirse my child…wake now, today I will teach you things you must know…I won’t be here forever.”

Put me through hell again, I miss the fire.
 Notes: I imagine her teaching him to fly and collect herbs in this thread, but also being moody because she sort of hates him but doesn’t want to because he is her kid after all. WHO WANTS TO HELP SABIA TEACH HER KID TO FLY?

@Saoirse
" Stolen friends and disease, Operator please.
Patch me back to my mind.
But everybody knows.
That a broken heart is blind."

Force/violence is allowed as long as Sabia does not die or is maimed.
please tag if mentioned!

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

The boy twitches as he sleeps underneath the cover of his mother’s wing. Warm, and pressed beside her thick winter hide. Everything is right in that moment, where the air is saturated with her scent, and her body hums with breath that vibrates through him. He never wants to leave her, holds on to her relentlessly, because he couldn’t bear to loose her.

Even in sleep he is content to absorb it all, but it is with an abrupt movement from this warmth, and sweet smells that usher an annoyed whine from the boy. “Mah…” A huff of air punches into the coolness surrounding them. No, he’d rather keep his eyes closed and snuggle up for a while longer.

But she’s on the move. She’s on some kind of mission, and he garners no decision or adequate protest to stop her from standing up and walking away. Saoirse’s eyes snap open and his maroon, tuft head pokes out from where lay. Fear inhabiting his soul, like a fell and sudden gust about to topple him over.

Will she leave before he can chase after her?

He springs up, the sleep miraculously dissolves from his body. And quickly, he makes his way – carefully following her footsteps – to catch up with her moving form. “W-why not?” He stammers, when her words finally sink into his mind. A frown joins the worry that has swelled within him. The fear of her impending departure, despite what she’d intended to do with him today.

He presses close to her hind legs, having to deviate from her path and enter the snow. “You’re not gunna leave…”

All he knows is life and living, and age is non-existent to the one who merely absorbed what he saw. Going no further than what the surface could offer him.

Image Credits

@Sabia      -- eeee, sounds like fun. XP

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia
The mare, made fluffy with a winter coat, shake’s the snow from her back and turns her sea green gaze on the small concerned body beside her. Sabia’s look softens and she reaches over to nuzzle him, “everything has to end so new, more beautiful things can take its place. I won’t be far when I go Saoirse just….up there so far up the strongest wings couldn’t carry a horse that far.” The mare looks up to the purple orange sky “but I’ll always be with you Saoirse, I wouldn’t leave my baby” she promised.

Moving on to other matters she begins to walk to a patch of red sand made into a faint hill. “Today you will learn to fly…those wings of yours aren’t just for decorations” she said giving her own cream colored feathers a shake.

“Don’t be afraid alright, Saoirse? My brave boy can do this” Sabia walks the colt to the top of the sandy hill and pauses to look back at him. Unfolding her wings Sabia jumps off the hill, it’s not that big of a hill so she only glides to the bottom and lands in a cloud of dust. Turning she looks to her son “I want you to stick out your wings Saoirse and jump” she pauses thinking that maybe he was afraid “I’m right her just jump, trust me baby and I’ll catch you.”

But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar

The snow that moves off her body inevitably trickles down against his. The boy gives an unexpected giggle, darting away from the unexpected snowfall. He shrugs what dust has landed on him, giving a rigorous shake – a shiver passes through his body. A nervous giggle, that rings hard into the brisk air, lacking any rounded mirth.

He hums when her muzzle comes around. Concentrating on her warmth. His jade eyes stare into her own, not expecting the words that conjure from her mouth. How does he make sense of it?

“But ma… Why would you go? You’re beautiful, I can’t imagine anything taking your place…” Why was she doing this? Why would she be up there, unreachable from his grasp – she can’t be serious. So he glares from where she nuzzles him. Enjoying her attention, but annoyed and restless with her teachings. It’s as if she isn’t telling him the whole picture, and somehow the boy can sense this.

When she leaves her gaze for the sky, he follows it curiously. Saoirse coos, blinking into the canopy of violets and plum that race through the sky. “Do you promise ma?” He’s utterly confused, for a moment, but she offers him a promise he can’t refuse. The boy will take it whole-heartedly, word for word. With an uneasy swallow, he presses back into her side just as he’s about to say something. “You know, you leave sometimes and… I get scared. When you do that. I don’t know where you go, ma…”

He wasn’t sure what was so terrifying about being alone. He merely understood it was lonely without her, without anyone. The boy would try to amuse himself, but often times, her departures rattled his head with untruths and lies. Anything to make sense for the wanting that cursed the boy.

Reluctantly he trails beside her when she moves ahead. Slow at first, as the boy tries to tackle her words alone inside his head. When she speaks up, the colt snorts and laughs at her. “Yeah right! Ma, I’ve waited MY WHOLE life for this!” The boy squeals, and jumps about happily. He can’t wait to touch the many-colored skies beyond them, the stars, the wind that embraces all who bear wings.

He watches her, keen, eager – heart pounding hard into his ears. “Ma, I’m always brave!” It’s just that he isn’t so sure about his wings, hasn’t felt the air glide above and below them – can’t exactly fathom how it might carry his body like it carries his mother’s. He steps to the edge of the small hill, staring down below at his mother.

“I’m fine ma, I can do this!”

Saoirse felt like he might vomit, as he backed up, and aimed for the cut off. He forgot to breath, held it in as he ran towards the edge with his wings spread out. The boy yelled as he lept from the small hill. Heart dropping when he could no longer feel the ground – wings, bearing the weight of his body.

He literally couldn’t believe it. And for a few seconds he was gliding quite fine. But the moment he lost confidence, as it wavered and as he looked below he crumbled fast, crumbled hard – and he began to fall mid glide with a squeal.

The boy tumbled down, the impact not very hard at all – as he came to a stop at his mother’s feet. Having snapped his eyes shut, he hid his face behind his wings. Swathed in a shameful dust cloud.

Image Credits

@Sabia      - I like that song! :D Also, sorry, got so much muse for this little guy

Outcast
Mouse
Sabia

At the thought of Saoirse being alone while she went off to do her duties Sabia feels guilty. The mare doesn't say anything right away though, she doesn't want to ruin the day right now. So she just watches from the bottom of the hill. Sometimes its hard to believe such a handsome young colt was her's, she made that. Other times though she can't help but remember that terrible man helped make him too.  Sabia swore, she would maje sure Saoirse ended up nothing like his sire, this one would be good.

Sabia chuckled at his reaction when he learned he would be taught to fly. "I know you're brave baby...I believe in you!" she cheered. It seemed like eternity until Saoirse lept off the cliff, Sabia thought she might need to go up there and give her motherly support to him but in the blink of an eye he had jumped off. The mare thought that it might work, he'd go soaring into the sky but then she watched him look down and suddenly Saoirse was falling. A worried little whinny escaped the mother.

When the colt landed at her feet Sabia lowered her head and tugged and his short hairs gently. "That was great Saoirse! Much better than my first time" she praised, giving a soft soothing sound deep in her throat. Giving a nudge she backed away slightly, "that was great...this time when you begin to glide start to beat your wings" she advised.

"I know you can do it!"
 Notes: No its okay, I love it! Sorry my post is short and crappy.

@Saoirse
But everybody knows.

please tag if mentioned!

Dragon's Throat Colt
mar

He uncurls from his spot when he feels her muzzle against his neck. Her praise fills his soul with much needed confidence. Saoirse unravels himself with a shy smile, looking up at his mother.

“You think so? Really?”

The boy’s smile beams, his eyes are bright and he offers an unexpected giggle.

Saoirse stands and gives himself a quick shake. Dusting off as she began to coach him. “Right, gotta… beat my wings…” He swallowed dryly, and licked his lips as he bound around to the top once more.

“I know you can do it!”

His once flailing gusto disappears with mother’s approval. He can conquer the world knowing that someone’s got his back. This time, when he approaches the cliff from a slight distance, he takes it as a challenge to prove his worth. The fear is no longer as pungent, but it tickles his insides with each hurried breath.

Eyeing the edge, the grey colt with fiery tufts of hair canters ahead. Wings spread to take that unfamiliar weight. As he darts off the edge, he holds his breath a second time – fighting to grasp the character of the air underneath and atop his wings. And just as he feels the impending start of gravity take a hold, he squeals with the effort of plunging his wings down and up. Limbs kicking out, as if he was ‘running’ on the ground, and without realizing it he continues to fly out beyond his mother. Further out into the sands, with the ocean nearby.

“Ma!! Ma!! I don’t know how to laaaaaannnd!”

And now he can’t stop, can’t risk plummeting against the rocky shores that approach.

Image Credits

@Sabia :: sorry Mouse! ;__;' My Saoirse muse has been flailing. I hope you can forgive me! ><