the Rift

[OPEN] We Could Be Heros [Casssius]

Astrid Posts: 11
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 18 hh :: 3
Bonita

Astrid
Pegasus Mare

Perhaps in another world or another life she would be substantial, she would be a warrior, she might be abler to safeguard herself from the debauchery of the hearts and minds of others. She only has her wits, her senses, and her caution to protect her. She hearing picks up the dripping of water from melting ice on emerald pine needles. Her body feels the warmth of the sun on her skin. The breeze dancing through her mane and tail and weaving through the hair on her face and back. Her hooves can feel that the ground is hard from the frost of the night before. Her eyes provide small comfort as to her surroundings for they can only detect outlines of trees, brush, and the ground. The colors that she can see are faded and obscure. Simply giving her an impression of things rather than the vibrancy that she can only imagine in her mind. Her wings droop by her side as she stands beneath the pine. Cold water drips onto her narrow back, her tips, and her broad flat ivory of her facade.  Paying little mind to the coolness of the melting snow she lazing steps out further into the light. Her joints feel stiff and crepitus as she forces herself on step at a time.

Her mind is blank but she is trying to push through the darkness of her past. It seems when she arrived here she either lost her memories or she repressed them deep behind a think veil of fog. She feels there is something there, waiting, watching, and hiding her from what she should know. Thus far she has only been able to detect a large angry black stallion. His voice reverberating is her cranium. His eyes black as hers but inside them a rage is fueled by her very sight. He roars at her before storming off into the shadows of her mind. Otherwise he ignores her in her memories. Shunning her attempts to play and tossing gifts and trinkets she has found for him. With a flick of his tail he stomps on her prizes and turns away in the fog of memory.

A hummingbird darts into her vision buzzing its wings hastily and moving back and forth. Its humming in her ears feels good to her like a soft massage to her eardrums. Astrid stares at the small bird with her inquisitive nature and reaches her muzzle forward to try to greet the bird which fly’s high above her head before disappearing into the distance.  Astrid watches its departure and has to curl her neck backwards to follow the path of the visitor. She stretches her wings wide and long, tip feathers grazing the soil before she pulls them in and ruffles the feathers to brush off the last of the night’s chill.

“Talk"

WC: 470
Super exhausted today but wanted to get this started.  :)

Deep in my bones I can feel you
Say you'll never let me go

@cassius

Cassius Posts: 46
Aurora Basin Haurspex atk: 3.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.0h :: 4 [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
mar

»› C A S S I U S ‹«

He made his way down from the North, from the rusting sentinels and the frigid air. Alone once more, he could not help the feeling of invisible pursuers watching his path while he went. Cassius would, now and then, send a glance behind his shoulder to ensure such was not the case. Waiting still with trepid pause, for the scouts to bring him back to that wretched land.

As the early morning went on, he remained cautious. Ever observant, ears pressed forwards and twitching with each chirp or howl on the wind. The easy air did little to ease his restless soul, eyes filled with a hovering, stagnant worry that lent its presence with a twitchy countenance.

His only source of comfort came from the constant hum in his voice. The low, lyrical tune as the silence grew too much on him. Easing what he could, by the song he held in his breath, and the steady drum of his heart.

It was a wonder why, then, that he travelled out so far by his lonesome. He was making an attempt to cross the Threshold, once more, to try his hand at recruitment. But as the thought of those who had pursued him out into Helovia, he shuddered at the thought of bumping into one. And the Threshold was ripe with newcomers – the odds too high. With a lame sigh, he pushed further south, reluctant to reunite with the icy tips of the Basin.

The gray stallion maneuvered his way, unknowingly, into the Green Labryinth. The terrain wholly new and different, foreign and wonderful – a change of pace, from high-strung nerves and the eyes he swore were burning behind him.

With a deep sigh he slowed his pace. His feathered limbs making graceful gains along the twisted, barren flora, among the bright green of pine – a scent he inhaled in an effort to loose himself from his demons. It was working, at some small level. But as he approached Astrid – without knowing she was really there – he was beginning to reconsider the narrow, and thick openings of the Labryinth. Found it nearly clausterphobic, worrying over the idea that this was a very horrible, terrible place to be caught should any of his enemies find him. It wouldn’t do, to run into the bushes, or the thick, sprawling trees.

Cassius breath shuddered under the weight of his thoughts, ignoring the scent of the stranger quickly approaching him. Only when he’d breach the short distance around the corner of several trees, did he start with a gasp and shifted his weight into his haunches. Lifting his forelegs briefly, as his head pulled back and the whites of his eyes beheld the ghostly figure.

Heart pounding, breath lost and strangled – mind, desperately trying to reel itself in.

“Ah- e-excuse me…”

Each muscle was tense and coiled, despite the realization of the stranger’s presence. She did not seem like an enemy, far too relaxed, too amiss in the greenery as it splashed upon her from the branches. Lost in the unsettling depths of the mare’s black eyes, roped in by his clouding mind and frayed ends.

Cassius’ fore hooves reached the earth, shook his head – trying to snap himself out of it for goodness sake!

“Pardon me miss. I thought… I thought you to be something else there for a moment.” He would have imparted a chuckle, but it hid behind his throat. Too nervous to voice his fault.

Blinking, the stallion quickly took in the mare’s form. He’d hardly witnessed a coat as blue as her’s, speckled with white – like the face of an open, dark night. Wings adorned her sides, and Cassius wondered – right then – what it must be like to fly. How free and elevated a person must be.

He ushered a soft, albeit timid smile upon his face. “You don’t know how relieved I am that you’re not a ravenous wolf!” At last his voice sung with a laugh. Riddled with a subtle, tense severity.

@Astrid - sorry for the wait! :3

Astrid Posts: 11
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 18 hh :: 3
Bonita

Astrid
Pegasus Mare

Her heart beat rhythmically within her chest and it was like meditation as she stood there taking in the moments of the day warming on her skin. She felt as if any moisture was slowly rising from her back as the rays of the sun pushed through the passing clouds giving her body a chill from time to time that pulsed through her body all the way to the ground. She relaxed her wings allowing her feathers to separate from one another and stretch out at her sides down to the grass where she rested the tips on the ground. Her state was completely detached from anything that was going on around her. There was no way in that moment she could have heard the stallion pushing through the tree line until he was pretty much right on top of her. They pretty much startled each other at that moment and as he rose she did too and even in a somewhat defensive move she struck the air between them with her hooves. She really didn’t mean him any harm. It was a purely a reflex.

Her body fell about the same time as his in an almost choreographed move. The fall was slow and she was able to try and pull in his outline and colors from the blur and haze of her incapable vision. Whatever brow that she had created from the mask across her face furrowed in frustration at the stallion. How dare he do this! Scare me half to death! Her indignant thoughts kept to herself as she tossed her head to move her forelock out from in front of her face. Her ears could not focus on anything but him as he spoke to her and she listened trying to decipher some explanation.

It took but a moment and she already felt horrible for glaring at him. He seemed harmless in this moment though the adrenaline in her body would like to convince her otherwise. She snorted thinking that this was awfully dramatic. It was cute though. He was cute. Stupid hormones.

She shifted her weight and shuffled her hindquarters and feathers somewhat to look more presentable to the unicorn. Puffing her chest out a little and curled her chin to give him a small smile as he spoke the last of his words and she gave a small laugh.

“I feel like this day was going to be my last. I am embarrassed to have reacted as I did. I wish you no harm sir.”

She looked at him through her other eye now, trying to size him up as much as her half blind eyes can allow. She can see he is lighter and his horn is the same but she notices the way he smells the most. Cataloging it for her memory in case she chances upon him in the future. She reaches her muzzle towards him, the whiskers on her face one her main ways to sense someone but quite hopeless if she cannot touch them.

“I am a stranger here so everyone scares me. I am Astrid and please don’t mind my eyes, I am half blind”

She was only reaching out her nose as a gesture to say hello but if he would understand the notion she did not know. Her reactions to him were borderline of an adolescent girl. Impulsive and hasty as she tried to figure out how to properly react.

“Talk"

wc:574

We need somebody to lean on
We don't have to say goodbye

@cassius Now it's my turn to apologize for the delay. My laptop stopped charging so I had to get it fixed. Just got it back. Hope you still want to get to know little Astrid. :)