the Rift

[DROP] The Spirit of Magic Day

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
From the shaded brush and frosted meadows, the oceanic pair emerges. Nimue, as she often does in large gatherings such as this one, lingers close to her bonded’s side, floating at the mare’s flanks while her large eyes gaze around with silent curiosity. Tiamat, with her cloven hooves cutting neatly through the travel-worn snow, approaches the crowd more quietly than usual. She is still delighted to see all these faces—both friends and strangers alike—and her dainty ears still press forward eagerly; but, if one were to look closely enough, perhaps they would notice the way her posture (ever so subtly) has wilted.

There is an ominous gloom that has managed to sneak its way into her blissful little world—pricking through her paradise like the slender point of a needle, pulling behind it a black thread that has slowly and deliberately come to darken her fragile bearing. Tiamat does not understand these churning clouds that have come to smother her light. She does not understand the bitterness and betrayal that have only been ignored instead of confronted. (Because how? What is she, a porcelain doll, supposed to do amid these strange, ghoulish demons?)

So she does what she has always done—all she knows how to do. She believes. She believes that this world has not forsaken her; she clings to the hope that, somewhere, somehow, there is a purpose behind this doubt that has seized her so fiercely. Blindly she believes. Blindly she trusts that the goodness in the world—that the goodness in herself—has not (cannot, will not) betray her.

Blind, she does not understand how unfair and cruel the world can be.
(But that is a lesson for another day).

Like so many others, she heeds the ancient turtle’s welcome. Stepping up to the great tree, she presses her soft nose against its rough bark, closing her eyes as she inhales its rich, earthy scent—and a warmness spreads through her. For Tiamat, nature is home. Nature is family. This tree is as wise and as magnificent as the old creature who stands beside it; she feels honored to be in the presence of them both. With her glass heart trembling from emotion, Tiamat reaches to pluck a seashell from her hair, and places it among the needled branches. Strangely, the two look like they belong together—a beautiful marriage of land and sea, not unlike the young maiden herself.

Smiling with a bliss that is reminiscent of her usual cheer, the blue mare shifts her eyes to the Earth Turtle. “What a blessing to see you again,” she speaks to him humbly, bowing her neck to brush her nose again the green orb around her neck (a gift from the creature’s previous visit). Overcome by the surge of feelings that has trembled and shocked through her delicate frame, Tiamat slips off the golden necklace as well. Reverently, she hangs it on the branches by her shell, unexpectedly touched by the comfort that soothes her inner turmoil.

For now—for at least a moment—she can be at peace again.

notes; Tia offers a seashell from her hair, as well as her Light of the Turtle charm!
“Speech.”
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
there’s a land that I heard of once
in a lullaby.
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Rein Posts: 44
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 2 years
prissy
Rein
and just as you cold not contain the sea
you could not contain me
The golden boy had lingered at the meadow for months, his thoughts caught, his gaze always searching for the blood stained figure of his father. He hadn't seen him in a while, but he was sure the Clovenheart would return soon. He had to.

He has to come back, Rein told himself as the ache of loneliness ran past his cheeks and onto the ground. The colt's attention was soon disrupted by the booming voice of a creature farther into the field, his blurry vision inhibiting him from seeing who it was. He sniffled, rubbing his eyes with his knee, quietly cursing his tears. The boy blinked harshly, focusing on the very, very large figure who spoke. He didn't really understand, but he went along with it, even if only because he had nothing else to do.

Rein rose from his spot, shaking snow and grass from his golden hide. He stayed in his place for a while, watching the gathering swell with individuals from all over Helovia, some faces he knew and some he didn't. He sighed, eyes flicking to the ground, roaming the surrounding area for an adequate decoration. He wasn't pleased with anything he found. With a huff, he gave up on the search, grabbing the first sharp rock he saw and trotting down to the (floating?!) tree.

The leggy boy arrived quietly and slid up to the tree hastily. He tried to stay at the back, away from everyone else as he silently slit the scab on his leg open. He winced, suppressing a cry and dropping the rock once there was an adequate, stinging gash on his canon. He called on his magic, forming a small blood dagger about half the size he usually made his swords. He gripped it gently, and placed it lowly on the tree. He knew that once he took his concentration off it, the sword would fall back into blood, so he placed the rock he used to cut himself by it as well.

The crowd grew quickly, and his wound showed no sign of letting up anytime soon. He decided to attempt a quick getaway, fighting against the crowd, his startled eyes flicking around old Basin members he once knew, their hazy faces in his memory sending a shiver up his spine. But, oh, it was nothing compared to the deafening blow that hit him when he saw his mother. Golden spots, cream fur, eyes alight, happy as ever (happier than ever?), and her sides heavily swollen. He considered turning away, abandoning this tree decorating shit altogether, and avoiding her before she even saw him.

But he didn't want to.

He wanted to run up to her and bury his muzzle in the soft tendrils of her mane again. Oh, but they hadn't seen each other in ages. What would he say? 'Hey, Mom! I ran away with dad to join his outcast band; I didn't say anything about it because I heard that you were gonna go live with Tembovu in the Edge, and that killed me more than you could ever understand, to hear it from his lips and not yours. So, how ya been?' The colt swallowed the lump in his throat, stepping past faces that didn't matter (past his siblings that he didn't know), because even though he had been absolute shit to her, he was still her son, and he had to get to her before one of them disappeared again.

"M-mom?" He called, his voice raspy and desperate and despairingly not loud enough. He shoved harder past the crowd of strangers despite the limp in his step, the pain in his leg, and the blood in his trail.

"Mom!" He called louder, praying his voice would get to her before she was back with her new life.

rein hangs an itty bitty blood sword and the rock he used to cut himself on the tree bc he's emo af
also he cries for @Rexanna ;~;

image | coding
[Image: 56b8020492908]

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki

"I CAN'T PULL YOU CLOSER THAN THIS
IT'S JUST YOU AND THE MOON ON MY SKIN."

I had never seen such a thing before - the Earth Turtle was not a creature she had met before. However she was quite enraptured already, I smiled as he placed his orb upon the branches of the great tree. It seemed that many others were familiar with the Turtle, for others came and freely decorated the tree with the most precious of items, and that made my heart swell in my chest. Perhaps the world needed more creatures like this Turtle when times were trying. Over the last year, one thing that I’d learned is that others seemed to have very short memories. But that was neither here nor there on a beautiful day like today. 

“Everly, can you help me?” I asked, aloud, but quietly. It was crowded, and I didn’t want to disturb anyone even though the mood seemed happy; peaceful.  A nice change to be sure.  Immediately, the zephyr swooped down to me, gently landing on my neck and made quick work of untangling my most prized possession from my mane. The little bundle of charms that Papa had given me for my birthday.  There were four glass charms total and a few assorted small glass beads.  A large crescent moon, representing Papa.  A large, bright star for Mama.  And from the larger charms hung two more delicate charms, a star each for Virga and me - each similar but still unique.  Once I felt the bundle pull free of my mane, I lifted my silver eyes to the vast tree to seek out a branch to put them,  

“There, Ev,” I said, seeing an empty branch midway up the tree - somewhere where the light would catch the glass just so and cast patterns all over the snow below. With a small chirp of agreement, the starry zephyr spread her wings and was off - carefully placing the charm on the branch and securing it so it wouldn’t fall if the wind picked up. 

It was only when I stepped back to admire Ev’s work that I saw Papa on the other side of the gathering. Careful not to disturb anyone, I carefully wove my way through the gathering to stand next to him.  I offered only a smile in greeting before gently leaning into his side, thoroughly content but wishing that Virga and Mama were here with us too. 

V E S P E R

image credit

Vesper puts her charm bundle on the tree, goes to stand with @Mesec

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki

-- I O N A --

Iona remembered this creature. She remembered the smile that it had managed to bring to her sister’s face this time last year. For that reason, Iona’s normal weariness around such creatures seems to evaporate, somewhat.  The painted mare usually lingered on the outskirts of gatherings such as this, but today found herself more comfortable being among the others. There were many faces that she recognized - from the Edge and from abroad - but as per usual she was looking for Alysanne. The presence of the turtle last year had almost been a turning point in bringing Aly out of her self-imposed darkness and started her on the path she found herself walking now. She’d never seen her sister more in her own element.  She was strong and capable and the doubts that had plagued her finally relented.

As she moved closer to the tree, she watched as others volunteered their most precious items to hang from the branches.  What a different scene than the last she’d encountered regarding such things which had involved a lot more arguing and bickering.  But somehow this little turtle seemed to pull the best from all of them.  It’s too bad that he only seemed to appear once a year. Iona stepped up next to Aly in time to watch Hemlock fly off with her sister’s headband and drape it carefully over a branch. 

She bumped her wing against hers before she stepped up to the tree, glancing up at its sprawling branches.  Reaching under her wing the mare pulled a small shard of glass between her feathers.  It was a strange thing to have been carrying around, but it held a great deal of symbolic meaning to the specter. It was a piece of Edge’s crumbled glass wall and seemed innocuous enough, but the Edge was the place that had brought Alysanne and Iona back together.  It was the place that had restored her purpose.  Carefully, She placed the shard on a thick mass of branches and watched as the light bounced off the offered piece, casting rainbows against nearby branches.   

Wordlessly, she returned to Alysanne’s side, content to watch as others placed their offerings on the tree. 

"WE'RE CAUGHT UP IN THE CROSSFIRE OF HEAVEN AND HELL."
Lines: x x

Places a shard of glass from the Edge on the tree.

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

The sight of a crowd forming got Vastra so excited she started to tremble, her wings flapping quietly at her sides as she hurried over - eager to see if it was Kisamoa again, if he was back to do more wonderful tricks. Her wings were still striped like the turkey she had transformed into not so very long ago, during another wonderful hunt with the foxes. Helovia, she was quickly learning, always had at least one trick up its sleeve.

When a voice started to speak to them from beneath a tree (she couldn’t see who just yet because there were an awful lot of adults with an awful lot of large butts in her way) she was disappointed to discover that it wasn’t Kisamoa.

The disappointment quickly vanished when she caught a glimpse, however.

A turtle but unlike any of the ones she had ever seen before. He was large and beautiful and she hurried to squeeze her way through the crowd so she could get a better look. He was telling them to offer up something to the tree to decorate it and Vastra watched with wide brown eyes as dozens of horses moved forward and made their offerings. She twisted around and checked out her own body, seeing if there was anything she could give that she had on her - her eyes catching on the black feathers that stuck out every which way at the base of her mane.

The fire magician’s feathers!

They were precious to her but she would be quick and get them back from the odd turtle if he tried to keep them.

So the red dun girl waited her turn and found a bare spot that she could reach to carefully place one of Gaucho’s feathers on a branch, wedging it between a few needle-covered twigs so it wouldn’t fall off. There.

Vastra
image credits

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Heaving chest of the sea
Carry both of us
Carry her, carry me

In the skies he felt free. It was a place where he would always feel completely free. While in the sky, nothing could touch him. He was the master of the clouds as he soared high above the earth. The black sentinel was still battling with the death of his khal, and he took more often to the skies than he did while the fiery lord reigned. Einarr had been Gaucho's righthand bloodrider, and in a time of need he had abandoned him to search for his daughter. The liontailed stallion blamed himself partly for the Wildfire's demise. When the guilt and shame were especially heavy, massive black sails took to the wind and lifted him away from the world.

Beneath him, several dozen Helovians flooded to the Thistle Meadow. Dark amber eyes shifted downward with curiosity, his tail twitching behind him like the scheming feline it mimicked. Snorting, the tall stallion shifted himself and circled around the meadow in wide, slow arcs. Finally, when his cloven toes touched the snow laden earth, he caught sight of his youngest daughter. Vastra, he thought to himself, watching her as she placed a feather on the tree. Tilting his head some, Einarr turned and plucked one of his own loose feathers. With it gripped gently between his lips, the white-marked man trotted over to the tree, placing his feather next to Vastra's offering.

[Einarr gives one of his feathers!]

EINARR

aud is a boss

Mentions @Vastra

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Nizho Posts: 17
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 2 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

"AVE! INAVVA!" The dark youngling called into the wind, his wings beating hard to follow his dad as the dark stallion moved towards his sister. He touched down gracelessly, cantering toward the pair as they stood before the great tree. He was out of breathe, still not able to fly as fast or as high as the seasoned bloodrider. "What is this?" He asked the tall stallion, his gunmetal eyes looking up at him curiously. Stretching out his wings, Nizho placed one over Vastra, looking sideways at her. "Hey kid." He breathed, a cocked smile touching his still youthful features. Even though he was a fully grown stallion now, placed with the charge of learning the art of combat, he was still but a boy and a joyous older brother.

Flecked eyes moved over toward the tree and the feathers the two had placed there. "Oh. Ah!" A sudden realization hit him before his father could answer, and the young stallion reached down to the ground. He searched for only a moment before he found the perfect stone. Picking it up he placed it on a lower, thicker branch. "Asaavi loves stones. She has one for each of the horses in our family." Nizho said, nodding mostly to himself.

[Nizho offers a pretty stone!]

art by sarah

Mentions Vastra and Einarr

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
dreams come slow and they go so fast
Many from the Throat had come to decorate the Earth Turtle’s tree.  Najya was pleased to see that the offerings were not simple trinkets or items that wouldn’t be missed, but objects of great value.  This made her take stock of her own trinkets - trying to think of what she could offer the turtle. There was he headpiece, of course, that had a great deal of sentimental value to her. And her sword, though that hardly seemed fitting for a tree. Obviously her key wouldn’t really be a particularly appropriate object to decorate the branches but she did have one item that would both be appropriate and meaningful.  She craned her head over her shoulder to pluck the glowing Crocodile God scale from where it was tied to the sheath of her sword.  This was one of the battles where she’d learned that she could take care of herself and those she loved - that she could be a part Helovia without lingering on the outskirts or dishonoring her memories. The Rift battles had brought her far more than that - they’d brought her home, to the Throat.  It was a great turning point in so many ways - so Najya felt this would be an appropriate token for the tree.  Najya, pleased with her choice, passed the scale off to her companion who immediately took off towards the upper boughs.

The little dragon hung the softly glowing scale up with great care, knowing what significance it held to her bondmate.  With a few great beats of her small, but powerful, wings she was able to give herself enough distance to check out her handiwork.  With a happy growl like chirp, she returned to her bonded’s shoulders where she landed softly and curled her long tail around her haunches, much like a cat might, and watch as others placed their most prized possessions on the tree.  

It was then a little ripple of guilt fluttered through the little dragon. Najya’s curled ears tilted backward as she cast a wary eye back at the dragon who was now lost in her own thoughts.  Yes, the scale had a great deal of symbolic meaning to the little mare...but it was not as important to the dragon. It took the little white creature the span of two heartbeats to make up her mind before she was again soaring up towards the boughs of the great tree with her most treasured prize clutched in her talons.  Without hesitation, next to Najya’s glowing scale, A’mal hung the dirty braid of hair they’d been given by the shadow goat not to long ago - her own most prized possession.

”I’m proud of you,” came through the bond - spoken from equine to dragon - as others continued to place their treasures on the tree for the turtle.

N A J Y A
image credit

Naj offers her glowing croc god scale
A'mal offers her most treasured possession - her dirty braid of hair.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

LAUME  was in far better spirits today. It had been some time since she'd been discovered by the healer, the floofball, and the electric mare. Her belly was now getting towards the rounder side and her little body was looking far better than it had in several months. In fact, she was in such better spirits that she'd managed to sneak away from the Edge (Possibly worrying Roskuld...possibly not. I mean, Laume was feeling cantankerous today so she didn't really care at the moment.)

The filly's growing body bounded through the snow, butterfly wings fluttering as she used them to help her make her way towards all the commotion. She was quite late, for sure, but she'd made it to the little gathering. She couldn't imagine that Roos wasn't far behind her at this point (If she'd noticed Laume's stealthy getaway, big wings and all.) so she trotted forwards, through the throng, until she spotted the swirling turtle. In the mess of adults trying to get a word in she utters quietly,"Oh, he's so pretty!" Her wild fae eyes opened wider than before as she looks at the majestic creature. He was all that nature inspired; slow and careful, ever-changing, calm, powerful, and magnificent. He wanted her to put something valuable to her on the tree but she didn't have a single thing to her youthful name.

Little brows furrowed in concentration as the girl thought about what she might be able to give. Should she find some loose feathers from the birds who'd been her friends? What about something from the squirrels, the foxes, and wolves who'd been her unknowing teachers? Certainly, it should be one of those! But then her eyes cast down at the food she was chomping on and they lit up. Food was the most important thing to her in the whooooolllle world and Ros had helped her get it and been feeding her. So, in a way, food reminded her of the new family she'd found. The filly nods her head with certainty and collects a small bunch of berries, bark, and grass. She tied the colorful bundle together with some effort and then places it on the tree. "I'm putting food on the tree because food is very important and also reminds me of the new and old family I have. Its what brings everyone together!" She smiles at the turtle, who had undoubtedly not been able to hear her over the throng, before bouncing off through the crowd to try to find Roskuld or someone else she knew. She had no idea why everyone was decorating the tree but they all seemed happy so why not? Briefly, she spots her mother and pauses. She wants to go to her, to say something, but she remembers how angry Tilney and Roskuld had been with her birth mother and thinks better of it. This was clearly a happy event not made for tears or fights. So she trots off, back at her original task of finding someone else she knew.

OOC: Laume puts a small, tied bundle of food on the tree because food is what is most important to her right now. @Roskuld and @Myrrine are mentioned. If Ros gets/has already posted and I didn't see then Ros can claim having found Laume here.
  "words words"

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Gawen Posts: 26
Outcast
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 6 Months
Atlas :: Royal Nine-tailed Kitsune :: None Brit
Gawen
When the fire's at my feet again, and the vultures all start circling
They're whispering you're out of time
but still I rise

Oh. My. Gods.

There is a giant turtle.
LIVING IN HELOVIA.

Gawen thinks he might start crying because this is the coolest thing, hands down, that he has ever seen in his entire life. Then he chides himself because the turtle isn't a thing it's a he. And if Gawen wants to befriend the most awesome-est creature on the planet, he better be respectful.

This is the farthest out from the Edge that the battle hawk has ever been, but any fears dissipate with the excitement of a magical creature. Anyway it's not like anybody could complain, there was a huge hoard of horses just standing around. Danger schmanger, he thought to himself and went bounding off towards the tree. The turtle's words and everybody else moving forward to put their own things on the boughs inspired him to mimic them, slipping his green bracelet off his little leg and hanging it joyously on a fresh-smelling bough.

And if he turned and beamed idiotically brightly at the turtle, well...nobody had to know how desperate the little hawk was to make a cool friend. They were all distracted in their own ways anyway.

Gawen gives his bracelet, an item he received at birth

Image Credits

Howl Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4
Sen
Yet again Helovia had something else in store for the grey stag—something that involved magic and strangeness and charm. A now all-too-familiar gathering of creatures surrounded something, excitement obvious in their sparkling eyes. It seemed that all of Helovia's denizens gathered every once in awhile, each and every inhabitant eager to investigate some sort of magical happening. His ears strained forwards to catch the gentle chiming of a myriad of voices, all pleasant and hushed as befitting as a day as cold and lovely as today. As always, Howl decided to meander towards the mass of life, stepping softly in the now-tall snow. When he drew closer, the stallion noticed a turtle (of all things) beside a tree whose branches were weighed down by offerings. Near the top of the tree was a shining orb whose light radiated onto the crowd; a smile warmed the chilled contours of the stag's face as he observed Helovians of all walks of life hanging their respective donations onto the tree's boughs. Perhaps the darkness and the cold had kindled the warmth of generosity in their hearts—and perhaps it would be befitting if he offered it something of his own, too.

So, with a sort of reverent glee, Howl moved towards the strange and wonderful turtle, whose back scintillated with scenes of glory and triumph. Wordlessly, he bowed before the creature, his knees buckling to the snow. After this display of respect, the stallion approached the tree, studying the multitude of items placed on the branches. He pondered for a moment about his own inventory, and after a small epiphany, shook the rabbit's foot from the tines of his antlers, an item he had acquired from a fearsome goat at a gathering much like this one. Nimbly, Howl picked up the foot and carefully placed it on a bough. Aware of those waiting behind him, the grey moved off promptly, all the while admiring the show of charity performed by his fellow inhabitants.

My sandpaper sigh engraves a line into the rust of your tongue

Howl gives the tree his rabbit's foot.
[Image: FjjyuiY.gif]

Patrick Posts: 31
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.0 (wfg) :: 6 months
LovellaTorendo
P
A
T
R
I
C
K
The colt goes beyond the Throat only rarely, has been no further North than the caves of the Heart and has lived through no previous winters.  Snow is a brand new thing, a thing he is fascinated and perhaps even enamored with.  

So it is that this day finds him roaming in the open meadow, not quite running but most certainly leaping and bounding in and around the piled drifts.  His giggles rise in squeaky gasps at times and if he knew how crowded this quite meadow is about to become he would probably try to keep a lid on his enthusiasm.  After all, one can hardly expect to be taken seriously by adults when one is caught giggling. He does not know though and so giggles rise in volume and frequency until his attention is caught by... something... and his high spirited enthusiasm is replaced by silent curiosity.  

His eyes are focused on a bunch of trees off to his left, a bunch of trees that a huge looming shape is making it's steadily lumbering way towards. The boys ears twitch uncertainly at first but his unquenchable curiosity gets the better of instinct, as it so often does with him, and soon enough he is picking his way through the snow after the big shadow.  He still does not run though and this is why he arrives after a crowd has gathered.  Many of those are from his own home but none are among the few he knows well.

Once near to the gathering he is able to see that the trees, one in particular, appear to glow in an unnatural but very pretty manner.  He sees also that each horse is approach in turn to place things on this special tree.  Well, of course he doesn't want to be left out but what could he give to the tree.

"Pretty, pretty, pretty... oh!!!"

At that exclamation he dips his muzzle to the snow and begins pushing a bunch until it clumps and starts to roll in front of him.  He shoves this snow ball along until he slips through to the base of the tree and there he stops.  The snowball shines in the strange light, glittering pleasantly and the boy appears proud of his offering.  One problem remains though... how to get it up? Blue eyes flick from the snow ball to the branches and back.  His head tilts to side in confusion as if looking at the tree in something other than a head-on angle might give him the answer.

"Um..."
Image Credit || TABLE BY SEVIN

OOC: Patrick offers a snow ball but does not know how to put it on the tree.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios

The stallion and Peryton flew through the air towards the Thistle Meadow. Something was pulling him that way; having grown up in Helovia he knew to never ignore such feelings. A smile covered his face as eh thought of the Bracelet he had been given last year. Isabella smiled brightly at him as they few on. Once they were over the Meadow the scent and sounds of many horses caught his attention. Silver eyes looked down at the crowd curiously. He was surprised and pleased to realize he recognized some many faces. He listened closely to the turtle before flying low and dropping his Kaos amulet on one of the bare upper branches. His trinket deposited the stud circled and landed beside Auriel. He dipped his head and smiled warmly as Isabell landed beside him already taking the form of a wolf. "Hello Aruiel, do you remember me from the Blood Falls?"
---------------------------------------------
Speaking
Words;; 152
OOC/Tags;; @Auriel
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
rexanna & tembovu
But please remember me, my misery;
and how it lost me all I wanted —
The Elephant King walked slowly alongside his (very pregnant), gilded siren. He slowed in the snow behind their golden twins, his thick and hide brushing against her skin as they both placed part of each other and their companions on the tree. Though the King had now sired two sets of twins in Helovia (and had seen many other sets), it was remarkable how in tune these two were. Every movement made in harmony; it seemed even their breaths matched each other.

So a grin crossed his muzzle, both in approval and relief of their reunited family, at what the twins placed on the tree. And this his head turned, thick neck draping over Rexanna’s withers so that his muzzle could lightly rest on her swollen, pregnant barrel. He hummed in happiness for a moment, but then she teased him softly before bounding towards the now-floating and trinket-laden tree.

He chuckled softly and deeply watching her for a moment before his gaze left to sweep the crowd for any of his other children or family. But he found none—only children of others: Maude, Oizys, Libertad (he had not seen Nyx’s colt in seasons), Esinakh, Arakh, Vesper, Verro, Laume, and Gawen. All youth he had come to care for—some more closely than others. His gaze lingered on the bright plumage of the Korofi present: Graasvoel and Sunjata; brows raised slightly as they landed on Rein.

Was the boy crying? He had last seen Rexanna’s other golden colt here, in the meadow, seasons ago. His navy gaze snapped back to his mate, watching Marembo take his gift to her high among the limbs. He sighed softly, contentedly despite the unrest that Rein’s presence promised, and then moved up behind Rexanna.

In his mouth he now held the lion’s claw—a trinket he had so nearly discarded when he felt that Rexanna had discarded him. But now, in this moment, he was glad Anzanie had convinced him to keep it—though his eyes clouded slightly at the thought of his love-entangled friend. Shaking his great head slightly, he rose marginally on his haunches to place the claw-necklace on a limb near Marembo’s placement.

Mbwene, trunk wrapped firmly around her preciously painted glass tusk, shuffled forward to place it at the tree’s trunk. Her blue gaze eyed the floating base suspiciously, prodding the ‘folds’ in the snow as she gingerly placed her beloved trinket on the invisible fabric. She tooted once in alarm as it ‘floated.’ But then her attention was drawn by the Marembo—though her tail twitched in irritation. She was tired of looking after the twins. She was much more intrigued by the giant talking turtle.

So, snorting an invitation to the polecat, she shuffled towards the Turtle and trumpeted a ‘hello,’ her trunk upraised to investigate his carapace.

My dear, but if I make the Pearly Gates
I’ll do my best to make a drawing of God and Lucifer,
a boy and girl,
An angel kissin’ on a sinner.
image | table

Lots of mentions, but only @Rexanna interacted with
He's too late for the drop, BUT he needed to be apart of all these happenings ;]
Tembo puts his claw necklace while Mwbene puts her painted glass tusk.

Please tag Tembovu.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Earth Turtle laughed at some of the items put upon the tree, and he knew that the Earth God had a sense of humor - as did the giving tree.

(These mean you rolled a 10 and got a special prize)

Frosty Fyre :: A glass horn ornament of the Earth Turtle
Volterra :: A small dragon skull totem
Nyx :: (Extra Companion Magic or normal companion magic)
Glasgow :: A gold horn goad to protect the damaged part
Aithniel :: A banner for the Dragon's Throat
Amalrik :: A set of bird skulls
Tilney :: His lantern can now glow many colors at will!
Tyrath :: One dragon-scale leg brace
Eleanor :: A glowing crystal
Toulouse :: A new scarf decorated with gold charms
Lyanna :: A ruby and silver arm band
Syrena :: A string of shells which sounds like the ocean
December :: A figurine of Carl and her baby on a string
Myrrine :: A pink flower crown
Oizys :: A set of bird skulls
Merlin :: A feather fan
Maude :: A pearl studded horn decoration
Rikyn :: A gold leg band
Deimos :: (Magic, any type!)
Bartholomeo :: A gold horn goad to protect the broken horn
Erebos :: A rain collector vial which alerts him to oncoming storms in the area [limited to 1 board at a time]
Arakh :: A feather headdress
Lena :: A small clock marked with the seasons and indicators toward mild or severe weather
Libertad :: A special, blood red hard leather case to carry the rose
Eldala :: A coldtongue berry plant in a transportable case
Arion :: A braided strand of Eldala's hair
Vezer :: An earring which spans up the entire side of her ear in red and silver
Mauja :: Diamond snowflake charms on strings
Arah :: A feather fan that fits between her antlers
Beloved :: A decorated knife
Dragomir :: A piece of earth turtle shell to add to the charm
Esinakh :: Beaded feather decoration
Yael :: A gold wing band
Kianzo :: Small figurines of Kiada and Keusi on string
Alysanne :: Added a big moon shape to her crown which emits a soft glow
Johnny :: A candy jar!
Graasvoel :: A trinket of bird skulls and feathers
Auriel :: A small device which tells what areas are fertile for growth
Verro :: A white raven feather crown
Enna :: A seashell mane clip
Byron :: A string of beads
Nephele :: A feather decoration to hang from her horns
Raeru :: A rope made of hairs
Tasokh :: A figurine of Gaucho
Aelin :: (magic, any kind!)
Aelfwine :: A second compass depicting the four gods and a blank space [alerts her when a god appears]
Albrecht :: A set of tooth caps like fangs
Thranduil :: A bell that rings when he drops his cloak so he can find it again [bell doesn't work upon being stolen]
Archibald :: Feathers for his mane
Abraham :: A wooden device which blooms when he feels love
Khiada :: Figurines of Kianzo and Khairi on strings
Larue :: A vial of potpourri
Aquila :: A figurine of a black wolf with smoke coming from its jaws
Sacre :: A figurine of the Sun God that glows
Ru :: (Magic, any kind!)
Mesec :: A figurine of a black dragon with smoke coming from its jaws
Rexanna :: A charm of Marembo for her chains
Sunjata :: A gold wing band
Darwin :: A glowing phoenix figurine
Tiamat :: A turtle shell charm that wiggles when she's near healthy food