the Rift

[PRIVATE] Call it fate. [EARTH]

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

DRAGOMIR
hoping for the best, just hoping nothing happens

He’d waited, as he’d been asked, and now the final day had arrived.  Coming to the entrance of the jutting peninsula early, the Sun barely a hint of ruddy light against the distant brim of the world, the stallion chooses a relatively open area, by a sizeable boulder to wait.  Using the massive stone as wind cover (the breeze gusting, occasionally enough to send his mane drifting along its invisible fingertips, despite the shielding girth of the boulder), he hopes she arrives from somewhere northerly, and will see him.

Regardless, he keeps his eyes open for the bird, finding it curious that it would the second time since returning home that he had followed a black, avian creature with only faith to hold to.  The first had not really been his omen, but Ranjiri’s, and that he finds himself waiting here, for the raven, draws an amused smile to face.

His mother would have approved.  She was the sort of woman to disbelieve in coincidence, unbendingly of the thought that all things were born of fate.  As a child, she had told me many tales that proved her theories, all while my father had an equal number which he used to attempt to disprove her (it seemed an amusing point of their relationship, that she was always warm, and full of dreams, while he was stone, and a stern warrior).

Sometimes fate delivers a punishment, rather than a boon.  Life is not all blessings.

His pale eyes to the heavens, he thinks of his mother while looking for the bird, realizing he hasn’t paid as much attention as he should to reality while dwelling in the memory of a woman, gone forever.  Though he had all her stories and wisdom to live by, it was not the same as having her.  While Ranjiri certainly would try to give him answers, and surely the seers of the Falls might have wisdom to impart, there was simply no substitute for a mother, especially not one like his.

Who would he turn to, now?  He thinks, not sure he knows.

[ OOC:  Hope you don't mind that I went ahead and started it!  Isopia invited Dragomir here in order to change an enchantment on the Tiger's Skull mask, using one of Odd's VOTG passes.  I'm sure she'll verify!  Obviously Isopia needs to be here first. :P ]

This thread is a continuation of Memories & Metals for those interested. <3 ]

a thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins
(I won't ever ask if you don't ever tell me)

image by ali<3

@Isopia
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

[sorry for the delay!!! Yes, I'm using a VOTG pass for this!]

The news that Dragomir had become a member of their herd had not yet reached Isopia's ears. She had returned home, but had not found Ranjiri anywhere. That was not surprising, and given that the two mares had not yet found a rhythm as co-leads, they continued to pass each other like ships in the night.

Flying in her normal body - for it slipped Isopia's mind completely that perhaps Dragomir would be expecting her as a raven - Isopia angled herself towards were the stallion stood. It both dismayed and pleased her that he was here already. She did not like to wait, but then again she did not like to be late. How long had he been here, she wondered silently as her large hooves touched down upon the stone.

"Hello again." She said, her voice matching that which had come from the beak of the black bird only a few days prior. The deathly markings on her face and her large, golden eyes were the same as well, should he be astute enough to recognize them. The demi-goddess folded her wings across her back, holding the red bit of cloth that waved behind her against her sleek body.

Not one for small talk, Isopia immediately turned her gaze towards the shrine of her father. She took a breath, exhaling it slowly and deliberately. Though she was not looking forward to this conversation, she was eager to get it over with.

"Father!" She called, though not loudly. Isopia knew that it was not volume, but thoughtful intentionalaity, which would usher forth the God she sought. "I call to you now to ask for your assistance in rectifying a mistake I have made. A wrong that I would set right."

Isopia
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin
god of the earth
Almost immediately after Isopia had finished speaking, a slight trembling of the shrine of the Earth God heralded his arrival. Over it, flowers and plants began to spread - blanketing the shrine itself and the ground around it in a thick layer of low-lying vegetation - stopping just shy of the spot where Isopia had been standing. The god himself simply popped into existence a moment later, standing in the patch of green and life that now stood out boldly from the rock and lava setting of the Veins.

His great wings were folded comfortably at his sides and a small but warm smile illuminated his eyes as he looked first to Isopia and then to Dragomir. “Good morning.” Came the first, jovial rumble of his deep voice, as though there were no other way he would prefer to start his day than be summoned to the Veins. There were far worse ways to start off a morning, after all. Although looking upon his daughter still caused a sharp sting (his memories of the life she had taken away before it had even begun still whole and strong) it did not appear that she was here to discuss the matter again.

A nod of greeting was given to the stallion, welcoming him to the Veins, before his attention shifted once more to Isopia and he spoke once more - his tone obviously curious and without judgement. “What mistake would you like to correct, my daughter?”

@Dragomir @Isopia

-

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia is pleased that he arrives so readily, and that he does not dally on their past conversations. The thought that perhaps he would bring up Isopia's private business in front of Dragomir makes Isopia feel for possibly the first time, the uneasy wave of embarrassment that so many are often showered by. But he doesn't, and so the feeling passes.

"I stole from this man." She says, her voice and eyes clear. The demi-goddess offers no excuses or justifications for her actions, but instead owns them completely. Her quad-horned skull is tilted upwards, for although she is quite tall, her Father is taller. "I stole a helmet, and imbued it with magic of my choosing. I've rightfully returned it back to him, but it is still enchanted with my selfish choices. I ask you to remove the enchantments, so that Dragomir can properly decide for himself what he would like his item to do." Falling silent, her peace said, she waited.

Would he offer her criticisms? Would he scold her for being a thief? Would he be embarrassed that his child had gone so morally wrong? Or would he simply give her some task that she could set her sights upon, to quickly rectify her mistakes and put this all behind her?

Swallowing, she waited.

Isopia
Image Credits

Bunnie

DRAGOMIR

His daughter?!

Dragomir’s blue eyes flutter over to the proud mare with wide eyed surprise. She was a Goddess? And he had been treating her with such a lack of reverence! His immediate impulse is to fall to his knees before the holy family, if he wasn’t already on bended knee, in honor of the God’s appearance.

Hurriedly stumbling to his hooves, the stallion glances between the raven-girl, and her dad, just now noticing how nature itself seemed to grab her and wrap about her ankles, as if it could reclaim her for its own. The strength in her figure and presence were all so obvious now, things he hadn’t noticed, not having expected an every day encounter with someone he’d assumed to be no more than a common thief to be so important.

What a fool he was.

It seems like no time at all before their eyes are on him, however, and the pressure of it all, on top of his current fluster, leave him with a hammering heart, and lame tongue. Swallowing, and clearing his throat, he nods, to acknowledge all that the mare had already said, before he musters something other than dumbfounded stupor.

"Thank you for your presence, Father Earth. I indeed have little use for the item as it is," he states, feeling all the more stupid for his lack of anything more than that, "despite our shared interest in stone, its current focus on the structural composition of the rock, which your daughter required of it, does little in service to my work with metals. I feel the ability to determine which nearby stones have metal in them, and what kind of metal that is, would serve my art much better."

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Helovian Ancient
Admin
god of the earth
The Earth God refrained from reacting visibly to the new his daughter was sharing - the word upset would be a stretch to explain how Isopia was acting. But she did seem remorseful over her theft, and that was a start. His attention shifted to Dragomir when the stallion started to speak, explaining that he had no use for the enchantment that Isopia had placed upon the helmet.

Although the stallion was by no means ignored, the subject at hand seemed to circle more around Isopia than it did the current possessor of the helmet so it was to her that the god’s attention kept returning. “Since you have come here looking to correct this wrong, I’ll spare you my lectures.” A flash of a bright smile, something teasing, appeared in his eyes as he spoke. Anything that he might have to say to her on the subject of theft, on morality, would be things that his daughter has already been learning for herself. Perhaps a little later in life than most children learned them - but still earlier than some.

“But I will not simply remove the enchantment.” Of course, when did the gods do anything just because they were asked? Even for his daughter, there was more required than a pat on the back for attempting to do the right thing. “If you truly accept responsibility for your misdeeds, it will be up to you to restore the item to its original state so that it can be granted something a little more to Dragomir’s liking.” And here, his attention turned back to the stallion with a smile. “And a little help on your part, Dragomir, will be needed too - for she will need to either take the helmet back, temporarily, for this quest or you need to go along with her.”

He fell silent then, watching the pair before him, waiting for their consent before explaining the steps that would need to be taken to cleanse the helmet.

It's always weird to hear others refer to her parent as Father Earth, because he is her Father, not theirs, but she ignores this for now. Instead, her attention is trained upon the man in his capacity as deity, not parent.

He says that he will withhold is lecture, yet in its place he offers stupid questions. Calmly Isopia listens, even though anxiety in the form of frigid waves swell nervously in her gut. When will he get to their task? To what she needs to do to finally cleanse herself of this mistake?

But he isn't going to make it easy. He wants them to ask for it. Again. This feels like a power trip, and it is all Isopia can do to make herself take a deep breath, hold it, and exhale gently.

"I will do whatever is required." She vows, quad-horned skull lowering in submission to his will.

Isopia
Image Credits

@Dragomir

Bunnie

DRAGOMIR

Dragomir’s interactions with the God had been swift, and short lived; once, on the floating island, he’d given the creator of the mountains and rivers a pendant of glass, depicting such a scene, but the humble man greatly doubted such a small favor would be remembered by someone so magnanimous. Otherwise, he has encountered him in glimpses during battles with Goddesses, or during meetings. They have never before stood within such a private setting, and it makes him nervous, as nervous as he has ever felt standing before his sire.

That, and his religious raising before arriving to Helovia, lends to his use of the word Father; believing that he, and all other horses, are descendants of the great Nieque, it feels quite natural to serve the Helovian God whom wielded the same tremendous control over earth as that ancient divine of a long lost land. That Nieque actually was his father, through very distant relation, anyway, definitely helped the crafter to feel closer to the God before them, than he did the Moon, or any of the other divines of his new home.

He finds he likes him even more for the gentleness with which he treats his daughter, and the ease with which he offers his forgiveness. Speaking but his small piece, and otherwise studiously listening, he nods when the God speaks to him, rather than the tall girl.

"I will help her however I can," he answers, after the bird-girl agrees to the quest as well, looking between the two of them for what came next.

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Helovian Ancient
Admin
god of the earth
Both of them were willing to do whatever it took, which made the Earth God’s job exceedingly simple. He smiled faintly at them, pleased with them, and hoping that they would find the few tasks that he had for them to perform would not be found too difficult. His gaze, as it seemed prone to doing during this conversation, rested upon Isopia once more when he began to speak. This was, after all, her task to finish because she was the one who held guilt for her actions in her heart.

“You need to cleanse the helmet before a new enchantment can be laid upon it. For this, physically cleansing and sterilizing it will do the trick. Collect some fire, and use it to purify the helmet before washing it in three types of water around Helovia.” A small pause, where he watched to see whether they both understood. Fresh and saltwater, of course, were the obvious ones - but the unique and strange brackish waters would also be required for this quest as well.

“When you are done, return to me and everything will be made right.”

Isopia must:
- collect some fire
- take the helmet and the fire to a body of water, burn the helmet and then submerge it into the water. Perform this process for salt, fresh, and brackish water (so you'll have to do it three times). The order that you do the water types is up to you!
- and then bring the helmet back to the Veins

@Dragomir and @Isopia

Isopia listens carefully, her attention honed on the God's words, eager to catch every last syllable. His challenge is not a hard one to understand, however. Cleansing and purifying seem obvious and easy.

First she looks to Dragomir. Her golden eyes shine with confidence. "I will complete these tasks quickly. Your item will be returned to its original state within days. I promise you that. I will find you as soon as it is done." An apology hands heavily on her lips, but the words I'm sorry have already been articulated more to this one soul, than to everyone else that Isopia knows. Something about muttering the words over and over again makes her feel as though they will lose her meaning.

She will merely do as she is asked to set things right.

"I will do as you have asked." She says, turning back to her Father with a gentle nod of her head.

Isopia
Image Credits

@Dragomir

Bunnie

DRAGOMIR

Dragomir is quite glad that the task the Earth assigns the Mountain does not seem particularly dangerous. Looking over at the tall mare alongside him, he appraises the expression on her face, wondering if she’s begun to regret her decision to make up for her actions or not, now that its all come into play. Even if the quest isn’t risky, it still seems like a lot of stuff to accomplish, and it doesn’t really sound like he’ll be able to help much, either.

He had no ability to make fire, and hadn’t the slightest clue where to find brackish water (which he was pretty sure, anyway, was the mineral rich, hot water which occasionally spewed from the earth in great jettisons called geysers), though he did the others. Regardless, the mare was quite capable of going to those places on her own, much more swiftly than he could, considering that she could fly, and he couldn’t. Though he was proud to be an equine, bound to the earth, the stallion was also realistic; it was almost foolish to bring him along, bumbling and slow.

She was right, in that she could accomplish in days what would take him weeks. Nodding his agreement, the somber stallion manages a faint smile, hoping it helps to reassure the mare that, so long as she kept her word to him from now on, no hard feelings had been held in his chest over the matter.

"I will wait not far from here, then," he agrees, deciding it would take as many days to walk home and back as it would for the raven-mare to fly all across Helovia three times. It was better to stay put for a while, he decides, though he’d much rather be home, with Ranjiri. "At the mouth of peninsula. If you find you need me, you’ll have my aid."

image by ali<3
Wishlist | Table Tracker