the Rift

[OPEN] Live up to your first impression.

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

He’d had, at long last, a revelation, midway between the Falls, and his rendezvous with the raven, when he’d quit being so bewildered with the metal’s existence, and had toiled, instead on what it was, on whence it had came:  below.

So his attention had turned to the very Earth itself, his eyebrows rising up into his dark forelock, his blue eyes suddenly alight with the wild gleam of discovery.  Of course!  It was all so simple, so perfect, that he could kick himself for not having thought of it sooner.  Fate, not coincidence, his mother’s voice calls to him from the green beyond, as he begins to burrow down into the cold earth at his hooves, with his hooves.

Ranjiri hadn’t asked him to be a Mason on a whim, at least not truly; sure, he had skills in the art of crafting, but, now, his chocolate legs growing steadily darker with the black, rich earth he toiled into, the fact that he’d been granted the power over the Earth’s stone had been this.  A gift in itself, the magic had also been a hint!

It was slow going, considering that everything was frozen for a good foot or so beneath the snow.  He wouldn’t be discouraged, however, no matter how mad he may appear, dirt flying out from around him; wild rabbits dodge and flee the debris, and the song of birds is replaced with their absence, and the thudding, thud thunks of the clods of frozen ground being flung into the surrounding foliage.

At last, the idea-crazed stag reveals a rock in the earth, lumpy, and red-brown.  Snatching it up, and galloping wildly to a boulder, he places the stone down on it.  Without hesitating, he begins searching for a stone not too large to pick up, but large enough to do some damage.  Finding a suitable subject after a few minutes, he returns to the resting, red stone, and flings his discovery at it, as hard as a horse might do.

CRACK! reverberates the rocks, the wintery meadow filled with the sound for a moment.  After making sure he’s not been struck with rock shards, he approaches the now-smashed rock with hopeful curiosity…

And can’t help but smile at the faint, metallic gleam in its heart.

[ OOC: SCIENCE!  Open to anyone. <3 ]

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
"Adella! No cheating!" She shouted the words aloud instead of slipping them between their bond; she could feel Adella poking around their connection to tell which direction the young girl headed. They were playing hide and seek--on their third round, it was the dragon's turn to seek while Isi was off, searching new parts of the meadow to hide in. Adella sent one last image of herself grinning mischievously before disappearing from her mind, continuing to count in silence.

They had been quiet for many days, sticking to themselves since Isi decided to explore rather than interact. She found the meadow to be most appealing. Adella grew bored of her companion simply viewing the grounds, however, so Isi turned it into a game instead. It gave them enough amusement for a time, the brown dragon flying around to see how far she could get Isi to go.

The little paint kept herself tucked behind a solitary tree (really, the only thing to hide behind in a meadow) when the flash of someone running some distance away caught her attention. She gazed on curiously, brown eyes following the movements, and she absentmindedly wandered toward him instead of keeping her post. The stranger flitted to and fro, and when Isi was close enough to tell what he was doing, she only felt confusion. Was he playing with rocks?
He then threw one toward another that was laying in wait, and she could do nothing but give a slight snort of a laugh. She had never seen someone playing with rocks before, and though she didn't know the reason behind it she was in an amusing mood. While the boy looked upon whatever he did, she moved closer to shorten the distance. "Feel better?" She giggled the words, voice soft while she took a moment to see what he had done.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image

:D
@dragomir
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Bunnie

When the painted mare approaches, Dragomir looks up at her with a sort of anxious happiness, unwilling to let even an encounter with a stranger tarnish his excitement at having, at last, hit a break through.

At the very least, she’s a beautiful stranger, with a pale face and kind eyes, and he notices her prettiness with the slightest twinge of guilt (was it a betrayal to think of another woman as pretty? he wonders, never having had a love before from which to learn, as he did now, with Ranjiri). He looks at darkly painted, ivory sylph with less reservation than he does most, however, her figure familiar with her hornless, wingless, and otherwise blessedly normal body, and he instantaneously finds a peculiar kinship with her (as he does with almost all equines), though she’s making fun of him. Perhaps it is because the strangely behaved man is often looked at oddly or made commentary of at his behest, he takes it with a grain of salt, his dark lips quirking up into one of his inept smiles.

You cannot imagine how much so, he states, because he does not imagine she can. Surely, he looked half mad, pitching stones at the earth, now that he ponders it, using a mental frame different than his own; still, there is some truth in it. The endless question as to how and where the dragon statuette, and later the bear, had come was a nagging one, persistent enough to have kept him up at night. Ranjiri often fussed at him sweetly about how he would never think of anything but sleep if he did not take the time to rest, but, at last! He could rest easy, almost entirely sure of the solution, now that he had seen metal flake shining in the heart of a stone, which, surely, the beach was quite literally strewn with, as was all the earth.

Almost sure, of course, as there were further studies to be done; studies which this mare could be present for, if she chose to remain.

I was looking for metal, in the stone, I mean, he explains, not wanting her to continue thinking him an irrational buffoon for long, which may sound odd, but is certainly less so than why I sought it in the first place…

Staring down at the fragmented iron stone, he drifts off into his thoughts for a moment, before realizing he has done so. Quickly seeking to amend the all to often made mistake, he clears his throat and returns his eyes to the stranger, a smile and array of words seeking to mend that particular gap between them.

I am Dragomir, he greets, a Mason of the Hidden Falls.

@Isi
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
He didn't seem too bothered by my approach, and so I let the smile upon my lips dangle a while longer; if I had noticed his lingering gaze and heard the thoughts he spoke, I surely would have blushed and turned away. But that wasn't the case and so I stood as unabashed as a child who had nothing to fear from the world around them. I was too preoccupied with his rocks to really notice much at all, other than that he was the same species as me.

I stood momentarily with the giggle fading off as realization struck at his words. Magic! My brown eyes widened. "Oh, of course! I did not think of such." Where my words were casual before, I couldn't keep out the tinge of excitement when he explained what he was doing. I wasn't sure how I'd forgotten about all the things everyone could do; after all, I had a dragon who spoke to me. But I suppose keeping to ourselves has not done much for my improved knowledge on all things fantasy--with my simple equine body missing any form of adornment and having no magic to use myself. I had missed the company of others, I thought, the last real interaction being with Ilios and Elspeth.

I had only seen a handful of others use magic, so the man intrigued me quite a bit with his work. I peering even closer to his exposed rock, spotting the glint of metal he spoke of. I had only just been let into his job description, but my heart fluttered at the discovery. It had worked (because certainly rocks didn't naturally contain metal... at least I was pretty sure). I beamed up at my newest companion in a sort of 'congratulations' and moved a few paces back, remembering my manners and giving him space. "My name is Isi. I am... not from anywhere." Perhaps that statement sounded more melancholy than I intended, for really I was a known wanderer who happily moved from place to place. Adella, on the other hand, thought it better for me to find a place to settle and work on building myself from the inside out so to speak.

With that thought, I realized my brown dragon had intercepted within our bond again, listening in and finding her way toward me. The game!! I had forgotten about our round of hide and seek, sheepily sending an apology to her. From the somewhere-near-distance she flew over to sit upon my back, waving a hand at the stranger. "And this is Adella."

I paused a moment, mulling over what he had last said. "Say, if you are a mason do you create things from that metal you found there?" I wasn't familiar with how the different herds worked with their special magics; I just knew each member had a different role they filled. I gazed up at him, attention completely undivided.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image

(oops sorry for the POV change i forgot i write her in first person haha ;; )
@dragomir
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Bunnie

He wonders what she means by, “of course.” There were numerous (somewhat) logical recourses for smashing stones together, such as the procuring of tools, or the hunting of geodes – a thing he’d watched dragons do as a boy, fishing lumpy, white stones from creeks, before dropping them from heights to the earth below. If you could find the shards of them when it was safe to approach the landing zone, one could find thousands of crystals, hiding in the heart of a seemingly malformed, ugly rock.

He thinks with poor humor that it is cruelly ironic to think of the geodes now, after so many weeks of struggling with discovering the truth of how his bronze dragon statuette had come to be. It would have been a helpful thought, but, what does it truly matter? He’s pretty sure he’s found the solution, anyway, smiling at Isi, especially because she seems quite forlorn about her lack of belonging, unlike some wanderers he’s met. To be honest, most of them seemed to enjoy meandering about without aim or purpose quite immensely, Isi being the first he’d ever met who seemed to dislike her social status at all.

Nodding a hello to the brown dragon with a friendly twinkle gleaming in his blue eyes, Dragomir feels the same immediate like of the earthen beast as he does all other dragons, reminded instantaneously of the first (and only, for the first years of his life) friends he’d ever had.

Similar, but the metal requires a magic I have not yet mastered, or understand. The Earth’s stone is less challenging. Masonry is not truly my magic, after all, but a small mote of his power, moving through me, his bass voice remarks, his hoof digging a small rut into the earth, into which he presses the faintly lustrous, ruddy stone, and promptly buries it. He’d learned, serving the Moon Goddess, and having been the vessel of her divine craft, that the power could feel like yours, if you let yourself arrogantly think so. It would then, too, hurt as if it had been torn away, when it was retracted, and poured through another, instead. Knowing what he knew of the Moon, he had taken it as a lesson; he should not arrogantly cleave to things, as if they were his own, which he was merely loaned through the grace of another. In all the ways he had failed to respect the treasure he had been bequeathed by the Goddess, he would honor the gifts of the Earth; not in spite, but in retribution, as he no longer served the mistress of Wind, and Shadow, but her gentle, fatherly brother, but could certainly atone for his past through the goodness of his future. I didn’t need to learn, as I’m having to with the metal. It just happens.

What is your favorite animal? he asks her, warmly, almost randomly, but for the shifting of his hoof over the recently buried, broken stone.

[ OOC: His personal magic is to grow metal objects from metallic ores already present in stones, though he can also make stone with his herd crafting. :D He’s currently got an iron-heavy rock, which are pretty common around the area I live in (I have a few hanging about the house, even xD). While the metal present in them isn’t really solid metal, but you can still see some luster, kinda like mica. Here are some pictures of the things here if you are interested: Outside | Inside ]

@Isi
Wishlist | Table Tracker