the Rift

[DROP] :: The Giving Tree ::

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark

The filly almost missed the golden colt – older than her and her twin but not by too much it seemed. Enough to make him seem older in the way that he had experienced more, but there was something about him that seemed young and broken. The weak part of her heart yearned for him, knowing all too well that feeling of missing someone so much that it broke them inside. That’s how she felt with Kianzo when he had gone missing – and so it was only fair this boy did the same. Yet, some jealousy also began to rage within her at their mother, as she caressed him and consoled him. She couldn’t mistake the blood red markings that lined his face, that mirrored their mother.

Kianzo’s voice cut her off from her thoughts as she turned to look at what he was staring at. Curiously, her inky head drifted closer to inspect the little items. It was a little miniature version of herself and the hyena. Light brightened in her eyes as she rubbed the side of her striped face into his neck lovingly. “It’s beautiful, Zo.” She cooed to him before looking to see what her gift was. A small gasp slipped from her small throat when she laid her eyes upon it. “Oh! Oh, this is beautiful.” She admitted, her tail waving in excitement. There, on a little string, held replicas of Zo and Khairi. “Now we’ll never be without each other.” She decided, grinning and leaning into him as well as she worked with the curvature of her horn to place the necklace around her neck.

At this point, Khairi dove from the top of the tree to land on the earth in front of Kiada and Kianzo, to inspect the shiny trinkets the tree had gifted them with. With a pleased squawk, he returned to look for Keusi.

"Talk."

Kiada
just like the eyes, the HEART can adjust to DARKNESS.

Mentions Zo <3

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Art by Neverr ♥
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
More came. They gathered, drawn in by the silent call beckoning to their souls; he watched them, he judged them, and he missed them. He remained a shaggy, unkempt ghost on the sidelines, his still-lethargic and confused owls sitting quietly on his spine now that their job was done, and they were staring at everyone with wide eyes—not so different from usual, but he felt the difference. In them, and in him; he could see it, too, in the hollows beneath his fur and their feathers. He ground his jaws together; he was alone.

No one came to stand by him, no one came to greet him. He thought he'd seen Alysanne smile at him, but that was it. They placed their gifts, and either remained as they were in the crowd, or sought the presence of others, standing close together.

He envied them the warmth and love they shared; he envied them for they were loved. In somebody's sky they were the brightest, most precious of stars, unrivaled by any other, the one they instinctively went to with their concerns and their joys, the one that simply was the one.

By always remaining alone, he was that to no one; he was just another star, perhaps bright, perhaps precious, but always outshone.

The turtle began to speak, thanking them, before gifting them with a verse of all the things Mauja wanted but could never have: a perfect world free of war and hatred and disdain. He swallowed. Blinked. The tree lit up, and it tugged at something painful in his soul, bid the corners of his mouth tilt up in his characteristic small smile, even while his eyes filled up with tears.

Irma suddenly twitched, and turned to look meaningfully at Diego. The amber-eyed owl gave a bird of prey's equivalent of a grin, and together they swooped to the ground on unsteady wings. There, the Earth Turtle had thanked Mauja for his snowflake by producing several small diamond snowflakes, and with an air of mischievous secrecy the owls picked them up in talons meant for killing. Some of them they laid on his rump, but they grabbed three and set to work, clumsily braiding them like a little snowfall into his mane, just behind his left ear.

Mauja, who did not quite notice what the were doing, but fortunately had such a broad ass that the charms laid there did not slide off, began to move into the crowd. Unless waylaid, his end goal was to stand beside Lena, offering her not much more than a quiet, sad smile.

[ Mau gets some of his snowflakes braided into his mane xD and goes to stand next to @Lena ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Castor Posts: 17
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 h (wfg) :: Three Seasons
Laine
[Image: untitled_1_by_lainey_lou-damwoax.png]

So on a christmas day we were mushing out was over the hills and snow. Me, looking fly as fuck like I do, walking through the meadow in the pursuit of my usual target: fuuuuckin Vastra, light of my life. I stop, a quirky kind of confused expression crossing my face like the kickass black slash across it. There’s all these horses decorating a tree with like,the most random crap…. I think, vaguely for a moment about like, adding my bat wing…but uh, i don’t think it’d look as nice so I’ll just  uhh keep looking for my sister in the crowd. Yo yo yo yo, check it. I’m old as fuck. Look I got great hairs from chasing that girl around!! (Speaking of girl’s I wonder how Kolr is doing…) WHAT NO I WASN”T THINKING ABOUT HER SHUT UP!

HOLY SHITBALLS YA’LL. What fresh reptilian hell is this? first the horsefish freak of nature and now this miscreated turtle? What is it with scaly bastards invading Helovia, like, first of all how dare they, and second in light of such disturbers of the peace why would my parents have chose to live here? Like seriously wtf guys?! WELL—I guess we can’t hold up my parents as paragons for the best decisions when it comes to raising their kids, turns out I have a sister who went friction missing! How lame is that?

Anywho, this fucking turt—hmmmm… Ok, he seems like a nice turtle actually, even if he’s droning on a bit about unity and peace and blah bah blah, I mean, good things but let’s be real: a bit boring. "Yo, VASA! Where you been, Ginger Snap?” I say, sidling up to the object of my constant pursuit.
Castor
someday you'll blow us all away

image | coding

Mentions: @Vastra
FLECTERE SI NEQUEO SUPEROS, ACHERONTA MOVEBO
if I cannot move heaven I will raise hell
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Castor in all posts ::

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine

She was keeping a close watch on her youngest son, trailing the little bay colt, letting him wander at will and taking time the enjoy watching him grow. Megaera had indeed made mistakes in her parenting before but she was determined to make up for that now. She split her time between the youngest children and her meetings with Maren. A warrior she would always be, she could no more eschew that part of herself than she could drop her limbs from her body, but the former Sultana was finding renewed purpose in dedicating her service to the Sun God above all other pursuits.

The trail of the growing bay colt led to a gathering that Meg had seen a few times before, and she smiled at sight of the gathering and the great Earth Turtle. She gave the colt's shoulder a playful nudge as she came along side him, smiling with pride as he kept an eye out for his sister. "Watch Cas, The Earth Turtle has been know to give presents if you behave yourself."

M E G A E R A
SHUT  UP  AND  DANCE  WITH  ME
Image Credits
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

She watched the tree, glimmering in its ornaments, lit with the happiness and cheer of Helovia. Maren stood silent and still as the blue of night as she watched the razzle and dazzle that was going on. There was a cold wind pulsing through the scenery, but wrapped in a layer of her own winter fluff she barely noticed (she had some genetics from er mom's side of the family who were rumored to be far descendants from mountain goats). Lots of fluff. Lots of sneezes, too, when they got into her nose. "-TSHJJOE..." it blasted in her ears as the sound blasted through her own ears - Anyway, besides her own thick coat, there were a lot of less obvious warmths running and turning around over the place that warmed her just as well. She liked watching it, feeling it, even when she didn't quite see the point. She had missed the decorating of the tree, but did she really care about that? She hesitated to linger on the thought, simply because she was afraid she might disappoint herself when she would find out and realize she didn't see the point in such a thing either. Yet, she enjoyed the happiness that was spread along with the gifts and hoped that one day she could perhaps grow into less of a grumpy old fart so that maybe she could share in their bliss and excitement.

She looked around, noticed Erebos (the mysterious handsome boy she once met under similar temperatures.), Volterra, Ampere - Maren moved her fluffy, tiger striped body towards the blue mare - Ilios, Aithniel, Meg - and err, well... lots of others honestly. It was packed. Besides, she had stopped her analysis to cast a sideways glance at Ampere to nod her an hallo. The Mother of Companions seemed to have arrived a bit later, like herself. "Good evening Ampere," she smiled, face looking fat and, in a way, merry in the midst of her coat of fuzzy fluff. "... I liked the Turtle's verse. It had a nice jingle to it." And she huffed a puff of smokey mist into the air, because there wasn't much else to do.

by yewrezz

@Ampere because she seemed lonely ; A ; and mentions/sees most of the DT'ers and uh some others :D HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE <333 Have a lovely day

Please tag me 

Howl Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4
Sen
Even more arrived to the merry gathering, perhaps attracted by the tidings of good will and joy spread by the curious reptile. Howl hadn't expected anything to come of the cheerful gift-giving, so imagine his surprise when he received another beautiful trinket—a beautiful golden clover charm to suspend from the tines of his antlers. He received the gift gratefully, bowing deeply once more to the beneficent turtle. It would look lovely beside his lucky rabbit's foot—that is, if would not be ungracious of him to get it back. With mirth sparkling in his golden eyes, the grey stag watched the others around him receive their respective gifts, smiles playing on their merry faces.

His ears pricked forwards keenly as the turtle spoke of tidings of peace and hope. Although Howl knew the world to be merciless and full of avarice, he could not help but believe in the best of everyone on this day. When the turtle finished, the miraculous tree began to glow. Velvet lips split in a broad grin—perhaps it was a good thing that he was exiled from his home; perhaps he was better off that way, to live in such a mysterious and beautiful land.

My sandpaper sigh engraves a line into the rust of your tongue
[Image: FjjyuiY.gif]

Graasvoel Posts: 97
World's Edge Artificier atk: 3.5 | def: 7.0 | dam: 8.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0hh :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
smitty
graasvoel
His attention was too wholly focused on the bright gold, winged beauty to immediately notice the trinket that appeared in front of him in the snow. His dark brows knitted together at her recoiling reaction—though, at the quiet exclamations of glee around them, his starkly white ears swivel, followed by his eyes, at the newly appeared novelty before him.

An ear remained trained on the gold lady, catching her quiet and squeaked ‘No,’ while his sharp and hot red-and-yellow irises study the vulture skulls and feathers that gleam in the icy ground. What normally would have been ominous or macabre was, in actuality, pleasant beneath the Giving Tree’s warm cast of light. He grinned slightly, more than willing and happy to succumb to the Tree’s pleasurable cheer and warmth (—what more could the vulture want? a pretty woman, gifts, and warm pleasure—).

But then, after tucking the trinket into his multitude of thickly knotted mane hair, he returned his attention to @Yael . He breathed low and soft, a relaxing and calming breath—as if his own leisure may, in some strange way, allow her to become as tranquil as the Tree’s soft glow. His stark white ears perked back towards the woman as well. “And your name?” His gruff voice gently, somewhat amusedly, but curiosity prompted.

We can start our own thread, if you'd like! :D

Please tag Graasvoel in all posts.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
The Elephant King’s thick, black lips press and curve in amusement at the lump of dark coal that appears in the snow before him. It’s rough, uneven surface mars the pristine powder to grey—though the Dorobian stallion does not pay it much mind. Instead, he is happily watching his twin children pick up their trinkets—and they are as fitting for each other as any supernatural force could create. Turning to lean into Rexanna, he finds that she has drifted off to talk to her son. The son she had with the Clovenheart.

What would normally have made the King uneasy, instead warmed his chest beneath the Tree’s gentle glow. Seeing a mother reunited with her child seemed marvelous and right with the Tree’s light and Turtle’s gifts. He chose to leave his mate with her other child—to repair whatever bridges had fallen into disrepair by time and distance. So the great Elephant stood over his golden children, navy eyes warm and searching for any other parts of his family. There was no room for jealous or unhappiness in his giant heart, today. Only contented satisfaction grew there.
image | bckg

Please tag Tembovu.

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia
The white lay over the land in a blanket. I'm sure this morning the blanket was pure and untouched. Not so anymore. Hoof prints marred it's appearance, stomping it down into dark cavernous holes. At least they would appear that way to something small and delicate, such as an ant. Sometimes I wished to be the ant. Was it easier? I thought maybe it would be. My spirits dampened over the course of the few weeks. Kvasir has been elusive to me, and the white ghost that was my father had also been missing. My hooves traveled through the steps of others, snow mushing beneath my weight, and clumping in my fetlocks. I was headed towards a gathering. So many surrounded a single tree. A tree that sparkled and glittered with items. Where the items from those who surrounded the tree?

I sauntered closer, my icy eyes drifting over the backs and rumps of familiar faces. I did not see my son, I did not see Rhoa, but I did see others. Rikyn, Erebos, Dad. My eyes remained on him. Next to him stood Lena. I knew her too. She inspired this urge to heal, that day that Arya had almost died. I pushed my way through the crowd, to rest on one side of my father. My muzzle reached out gently to touch his shoulder, then retracted to look at the tree. It was beautiful, and the items from other dangling on it made it all the more personal to helovia. When for just one moment everyone gets along.

"Talk."
Directly interacts with @Mauja
Mentions @Lena, @Rikyn, and @Erebos

image | bckg

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova
Kiuaji

Late late late, when had lateness become his new fashion statement? The serpent noticed that he had missed the whimsical gift giving of the turtle as he arrived to the throng of Helovian's. His ears are filled wih the cooed comments and childish glee of younglings and their latest hot item, the vibrant hues of his eyes reflected the images of the young and old as they fixed their new adornments to their bodies.

Matanye is on his back, the large raptor preoccupied with a braid she had started in her bonded's luscious locks. Strands of ombre gold and cream threaded through her talons as she skillfully braided one part after another with her beak. It was a way to pass the time, and with the ground and air filled with all manner of other companions, she's loathed to leave her plush perch to share her space.

The cut a rather sharp silhouette among the crowd, like a serpent on a bushel of apples. No smile drawn from him is no less cut from glass as any you would find upon him on a good day. He's still the same dorobian viper, the confusion and delight of many, the effortless grace and decadence of Dorobian's elite and most desired. The jingled joy from the Turtle merely added a flash of warmth to his otherwise cold exterior.

Helovian cheer surrounded him indeed, his scaley heart is pricked by something as he stood with the rest of his herd and the strangers. Kiuaji would of liked to have pushed it aside with a flirtatious laugh, claim that it was something else. Unfortunately, he knew somewhere deep down that it wasn't the Earth Turtle's doing. No this was something crafted from his own cloth, something started years ago that he'd weaved silently into a marvelous tapestry. A tapestry almost finished and there was nothing he could do but look at it.

the serpent within the mist
Art Credit
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade

Becoming a leader and a mother in such quick succession was overwhelming. There were times when I felt like I couldn't breathe, like the world was pressing down on me and I just needed to escape, but I couldn't. Sometimes I just needed a little while to let my nerves calm and to let my emotions settle down and I would go off on my own for a little while, leaving my daughter in Dragomir's care because I trusted him. I never intended to be gone long, but ....

I sighed wearily as I flew quickly toward the Foothills. Home. To my daughter. Mara clung to my mane as I flew, squawking her displeasure at being tossed around in the wind, but I paid her no mind. The only thing I was focused on was getting back to my child because I had been gone for far too long.

As I flew over the meadow I glanced down and took note of the gathering crowd. I honestly had no intention of stopping, but then I saw Isopia with Letha close by. I dipped my wings down and headed toward the ground. My landing was quick and swift. Once my hooves touched I continued trotting forward until I was by my daughter. "Letha." I murmured her name, my muzzle reaching out to brush her shoulder. I'm here. I hooked my chin over her back and herded her toward my side because she had to be hungry and I needed to feed her.

"."

@Letha

aud pixel!

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She had stuck to edges of the trees, hazel eyes looking upon the group and the large turtle that seemed to be filled with mirth and good cheer. She wished she could feel it too. She hadn't noticed her at first, walking among the taller horses, but now hidden away in the trees she couldn't help but notice the pastel wings and brown speckles over the splashes of ebony. Her beautiful little girl was starting to look healthy again, and it made her hear swell with such joy that things were getting better for her. Even if Myrrine wasn't contributing to it whatsoever. With tender eyes she smiled at the bubbly child, the one that was so much like she when she had been so young. Full of earnest and eager to explore the world for what it was. She prayed to the Gods that life didn't turn little @Laume bitter like it had turned her.

Moving her skull in the direction of the Earth Turtle, she heard his booming voice call out to them; and at once she moved forward again in hopes of hearing what he had to say. She was careful to avoid the eyes of her child, not wanting to ruin her time here with her presence. With a kind expression she waited, taking the time to find her flower charm and delicately placing it back within the tresses of her mane. At the same time, her eyes widened as magic formed around her skull, a tiara of pink flowers now adorning her crown and giving her a look of innocence. Smiling softly she giggled, nodding her head in thanks to him, before looking to the others around them. Everyone was waiting, wanting to be acknowledged and looked upon by this cheerful monster, and Myrrine couldn't help but begin to feel the same way.

"Talk."

the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

"Don't you know you're everything I have?"

The feathered fan caused a bright cheerful laugh to erupt from the doe, it was beautiful. Wynter immediately settled it between her antlers and she displayed it for her family. Turning to Tilney she watched him changing the lights, grinning when the flames turned a wonderful citrine colour. Tilney's front feet leapt and struck the snow with excitement. "Look Maude!" Tilney cheered, his wonder-filled gaze travelling over the members of his family. Arah nodded approvingly and snuggled her daughter as they watched the changing lights. "Very pretty Tilney." Releasing Maude she reached her muzzle for his, embracing her warmth and wanting to keep this moment forever. The moment of untarnished and absolute joy. Even her daughter had received a beautiful gift of pearls to decorate her horn with. "Would you like Wynter to help you put on your gift Maude?" The griffin, which had since resettled upon the doe's back, lazily opened an eye and studied Maude. Though Wynter wasn't usually fond of anyone besides Arah, she quite liked the little doe and Arah's partner Tilney.

Speaking of which her partner was now gesturing to both her and her daughter, ushering them away from their current spot and urging them around the back of the gathering and came to a stop beside Aelfwine and a vaguely familiar stag. The doe looked at him with a slightly creased brow but was unable to place him in her memories. If he was a relation of Tilneys (and judging by his words this was the assumption she made) then clearly her grandmother's spell was still in effect, other were still missing from her memories. The holes were frustrating and there was little she could do other than wait for the memories to return. "Hello Bart," she greeted him with softly spoken words and a warm smile. "How are you Aelfwine?" The do had turned to the mare with a brighter smile. "We must spend some time together, I need to find a way to thank you for helping mind Muade while I was...away." Arah smiled though the words had hurt to say. Would there truly be a way that she could thank the mare after she had cared so diligently for her precious daughter? The doe doubted it. Yet it wouldn't hurt to try, Aelfwine deserved that much.

Art by Frostie @ DA
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Ráeru Posts: 41
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 4 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
I'll carry you on my shoulders, never set you down.
Ferry you through the coldness, never let you down.

"Sacre!" She was delighted to see her brother making his way over to her. Smiling when he gently bumped his nose against her shoulder. As she turned back to the turtle she gasped as the tree began to glow, her glassy star watched the display with an air of wonder. It was then she noticed the gifts that had been distributed among those gathered, the rope made of hair made her fall silent as she studied the object. It was strange to look at...yet finally she had an item like the rest. Even if it was a bizarre item indeed. With a bemused shake of her head she picked the rope up and then carefully manured so that the rope was draped over her back. "I guess now you could tie us together Sacre." Turning to look upon her daughter brother she gestured to the rope on her back. "Stop me from wondering off again." Despite her attempting to make a small joke she did not smile, yet was amused by her own words all the same.

Moving closer to the dark boy her attentions now settled upon the tree, wondering if more gifts were to come. It was not a greed fuelled thought, merely curiosity as to why the tree was creating such a light show if not to spread more joy and gifts. Moving closer to her brother so that their shoulders touched, the dove kept her glassy blue eyes remained trained upon the tree, watching and waiting with baited breath. The anxiousness and excitement grew in her stomach, even her breaths came slightly quicker and sharper than before. Even the rope upon her back seemed to weigh a little heavier, it's weight stopping her from floating away with her eagerness. Her eagerness was clear, anyone close by would be able to pick up on it, words where not needed.

[Mentions @Sacre ]

Iona Posts: 100
World's Edge Specter atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 11 (birdsong) HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Iver :: Osprey :: None Kiki
iona
Iona looked at her token from the turtle - the small perfect replica of the patron goddess of the Edge. The painted specter had no conflict with the goddess, but couldn’t claim to have a particularly close relationship with her either.  To be honest, Iona was wary of the Gods here, and she always had been. She’d lived in a land full of both false Gods and the fallen. She’d seen what perverse religion could do to a place.  She wasn’t one to have much faith in anything. But perhaps she could work harder in developing a relationship with her Goddess, instead of simply building more walls. Maybe that’s what the Earth Turtle had truly given her. A reminder.

After all she couldn’t help but think that the Earth Turtle and his gifts were far more meaningful than simple trinkets. Anyone with eyes could see that.  She wouldn’t call Helovians a peaceful bunch, yet here they were gathered around the magnificent tree adorned with all of their belongings - voluntarily given - peacefully mingling regardless of herd affiliation.  And Iona, for her part, felt no impulse to cloak herself with her magic and disappear.  That, in itself, spoke volumes.  To have such a physical reminder that there was good here brought Iona such a profound sense of comfort that she couldn’t hope to explain it if she’d been asked to try.

Thankfully, it seemed that they were all under the spell of goodness this night.  For the first time in a long time - Iona had absolutely nothing to say. She was content to simply be.
The truth will set you free.
But first, it will piss you off.
image credits || quote: gloria steinem

Please tag IONA in all posts.
Force and magic permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
image credit 

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

There they were!

His family was gathered alongside a seemingly growing-from-the-Earth mare, whom Dragomir recognized from around the Falls, known as the Mountain That Knows. Already delighted with his gift from the Earth Turtle, the humble man’s smile only grows at the sight of the small, winged child his Ranjiri had made.

While looking at her still sometimes stirred jealousy, Dragomir finds that it’s easier to not think of her origins the more he replaces those negative memories with positive ones in the girl’s company. Glad to spend time with them, he cheerfully calls a warm greeting, and closes the distance between them with a trot.

Ruffling at Letha’s mane with his dark lips, and brushing them next against Ranjiri’s cheek, he gives a silent, small bow to the other Czarina present, oblivious to the fact that he already knows her, in a different form. Regardless, his mood is high, the cheery light from the tree, and the overall mood of togetherness, doing much for his mourning heart.

I was wondering if you would make it, he smiles, looking down at Letha, where she stands next to the Mountain, what do you think of it, Letha?

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time

@Ranjiri @Letha @Isopia
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Following after her family as they head towards her Auntie and Uncle (whom she hadn’t met yet), still amused with her daddy’s lanterns new ability to mimic her eyes, or the sea, or whatever else he willed it to, she bouncily trots along, her bauble gingerly held in her mouth.

When she’s first beheld it, her eyes had welled up with tears, her little chest swelling outwards with immense pride to have been given of a gift of such beauty, with such equally beautiful memories attached to it. Her mother was alongside her, her beautiful fan arranged in her antlers, no longer lost, and her father’s heart was no longer broken. All around her, more and more family arrived from the realms of the lost, making the pale daughter of Tilney ever more the sort of girl to dwell on the alms of fate, and hope.

Innocence dwells in her expression then when she is asked if her mother’s regal, illusive griffon is required in the donning of her new trinket. Her eyes are wide, and her smile is a bright, gleeful thing that seems to reach out towards what must be the softest, downiest feathers in the world (even softer than Hemlock’s). Nodding as if entranced by the notion, she offers the griffon her horn bangle with delight.

Coming to her newly discovered Uncle and beloved Auntie, Maude cheerfully nickers a greeting to Aelfwine, trotting happily over to bunt her muzzle against her favorite aunt. Also an excuse to get closer to the handsome man her father greets, she peers up at him with a smile.

Hello!” she chimes, when mentioned, her pearly tail swishing demurely.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Arah @Tilney @Aelfwine @Bartholomew aka THE WHOLE DANG CREW :'D<3
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
I move along to the outskirts, admiring the bracelet which has magically appeared on my leg, when I find a suitable place to stand. Duir peers at it, too, both of us occasionally looking up and about at the gathering of people, cheerfully chatting with one another in groups, while we stand alone.

It is not to say I don’t have friends; there is Erebos, and the rainy day which is Enna, and I greet them with a glance, and the shared smile of two spirits who know the very essence of one another’s laughter, if nothing else, any more. To see him with her makes sense, really; what memories I have of his mother are of a woman mysterious as the rain, cool and somber. Enna is these things, albeit warmer. Perhaps rain in the summer, rather than the winter…

But rain none the less.

Glacia’s glance greets me as she arrives, and I smile, glad to see her out and among others, her figure in better health than it had been the last I’d seen her, though she still seems sad, as she moves to stand alongside her father.

I don’t see Mordecai, though I look, unsure as to why.

At last, my eyes settle on the tree, and its magical light. Almost no one has gone to remove their temporary gifts, eager to continue the feeling of togetherness that, somehow, eludes me.

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

@Erebos @Enna @Mordecai @Glacia

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie
She hadn't received an actual gift from the turtle, but that was okay with the girl. No she was still filled with a sense of belonging, the feeling of being apart of something bigger than herself. Watching others being delighted with their gifts brought a smile to her chops all the same. The children were each delighted by their gifts and even the adults were filled with the cheer. The turtle had done his job, he'd brought joy, love and good memories to those who had gathered and decorated the tree. Speaking of which, the tree suddenly began to glow, lighting up the world around it. Aelin laughed and moved closer to get a better look. Her dreamcatcher soaked up the light, it's outline was dark against the tree. Taking a few steps back to allow any youngsters closer to the tree, she continued to watch, her excitement growing as she waited to see if more gifts were going to be given.

Others seemed to thinking along the same lines as her, they drew closer their eyes trained on the tree before them. She copied them, waiting to see what miracle would be preformed next.

There is no such thing as reality. There is just you and me.
Small post, small muse ;-;
I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Albrecht Posts: 249
Aurora Basin Impersonator atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 19 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Strom :: Suma Ball Python :: None Townsen
ALBRECHT
and strom

The wizened old stallion turns his head, both ears cupping to the sudden chiming of bells. He peers around the trunk of the tree, captivated again by the moving, lifelike mural of the turtles shell as it morphs from one scene to another, all equally and appropriately cheerful. Most of the grouch lines actually smooth from his perpetually sour expression - just for a moment - and then the turtle decides to try his way as a childrens writer, reminding him with each successive rhyme and the answering giggles of young Helovians exactly why he shouldn't be here.

Apathy, misery, hatred, and sadness, all the components of old bastard stallions.

He snorts his derision, though under his breath. The python above him is a picture of contrast, still delightedly exploring the trinkets and decorations on the tree, completely taken with the turtles song and swaying along the branches to his whimsical rhythm, refusing to come down while his bonded mopes. I already put a thing on the tree, he reminds the snake, glancing up to try to pick his companions charcoal belly scales out of the trees natural browns and greens. As if on cue, and just to spite him, the trunk and branches begin to glow at that particular moment, blinding him to anything above and making him shuffle back a few paces to reorient himself.

Something metallic clinks against his hooves as he steps back, drawing his attention downward. He's not sure in the whitewash of light exactly what the small items are, but he scoops them up anyway, tucking the little caps into his all purpose scarf and glancing quickly around to see if any of the other tree decorators have noticed.

"Talk."

I told him to take care of his eyes,
because they're the only balls he has.

image credits

[Image: 56c616e54affc]Rated M, R, NC-17, AO, 18+, NSFW
Tag dat azz!  @Albrecht
Violence & Magic okay.
Wish - Away - OOC