the Rift

[DROP] :: The Giving Tree ::

Kvasir Posts: 25
Outcast
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 2 years
Adoptable
Exploring. That is what I had done most lately. Searching almost, but for what? I wasn't sure exactly. Something to fill that hole. The hole in my heart. In truth, I felt awful. I had been a terrible brother. I hadn't seen Letha since her birth earlier this frostfall. My wandering had brought me to the thistle meadow today. At some point I had noticed a creature, and soon others gathered. From a distance I watched. Soon the tree was decorated with small items from each gathered. I wanted to go closer, but I was late to the party, so I hung back still. MY eyes caught on a figure who approached. My mother. She hadn't seen me. No one had yet. I waited until she had passed and mulled among the crowd, before I began to make my way towards the group.

Ranjiri arrived as well. My eyes caught her dark body with gold and white. She was who I wanted to see. She would lead me to Letha. If my younger sister was here of course. Soon the pace I had picked up, and I trotted quickly around to where Ranjiri had landed. She stood next to the Mountain, and between them the small form of my sibling. A cocky smile garnished my face, and I sidled up next to Isopia, My head lowering to peek under her belly at Letha. "Hey there lil sis. That tree is mighty pretty. Would you help me add something to it? I missed the original dressing of it, but I have something from dad he would have liked to see there." My head quickly ducked under my wing to pull out the bronze branch that Rhoa had given me, only to pull it out and move around Isopia's front to stand in front of Letha, a smile on my face. Dad would have liked this. I know he would. My head turned and I hoped she would follow. As soon as I reached the base I hung the branch, and backed slowly away to look at it. And for a moment it got to me, and tears welled up, and dripped down my face. I really wish dad had been here. I wish he could see us. Could see his daughter.

"Talk."

Kvasir
mama, just killed a man
put a gun against his head
pulled my trigger, now he's dead
mama, life had just begun
but now i've gone and thrown it all away
mama, ooo
didn't mean to make you cry

Notes: Directly mentions @Ranjiri @Letha and @Isopia

He is just gonna put that branch on the tree btw because sentimental value
[color=#000000][size=x-small][font=monospace]
[Image: 56a07107f15a9]

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

He followed them right at the last moment. Bodies of fellow Throat members vacating the herd, it felt lonely on the island then. Torn between wanting to explore the destination ahead, what drew them, and staring out into the distance hoping his mother would come soon. With brows furrowed, and with young, untested wings – he ran fast and hard ahead without thinking it all through. And with the fear that swirled in his gut, he finally leapt off the island, aiming for the mainland.

Saoirse would never admit he was afraid of heights, but he was, and he struggled making his way to Helovia. Touching down as soon as he could, out of breath, without tested stamina to keep the youth afloat.

Oh well. He ground out in his head.

The journey was filled with spurts of flight, mostly walking. Until he found what had caught everyone’s attention. His bright eyes lit up, head tilting, as he saw various trinkets, dead things, strange… things – hanging off the tree. And a large, obnoxious turtle residing beside it.

The boy laughed, amused. But by then the creature began to speak, and enchanted, the boy listened with great enthusiasm. The best part – he thought – was the turtle’s voice. It’s heavy, deep reverberation that rattled his heart and soothed his nerves. With a soft breath he sighed a small, brief puff of air. And entered the crowds out of pure curiosity alone.

There he saw many, his small form slithering between the bodies and families; trinkets and things sprawled out from the massive tree’s roots. Mostly everyone was smiling, and for a moment Saoirse wondered if they really had a reason to smile in the first place. Other than the magic that seemed to coarse through the glowing branches, the illusions that danced about the turtle’s back.

And there he was, the same old, craggy stallion. Perhaps less stranger than his herd members. Which, perhaps he might consider them family. But the boy knew so little of its inhabitants, and so many had siblings already that – there seemed to be little use for Saoirse at the moment.

The thought wavered and passed like a cool swig of air. With a subdued smile he approached the black from behind and slightly to their left side. Having missed the moment that they’d stepped back to find some sort of trinket – the boy followed their gaze, the moment he made to stand beside him.

“Hey old man. What are you looking for?”

There was something comical about the stallion. The way he seemed to be quickly glancing about, when the air was filled with joy and wonder. Saoirse could hardly keep the quiet, careless laugh from rolling out.

Image Credits

@Albrecht
@Sabia - if you happen to post! :3

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

ZUBARI
I'm The Truth You're Afraid Of .
The boy happily followed the others this time. Maybe that weird water god was on the other side, or what if it was something even more interesting!? Trotting along the boy came out to a field of others. Golden eyes brightened as he looked around to the others, then he saw the great turtle standing in the middle. Small hooves traveled up to the ancient creature with no hesitation. A smile formed on his face looking at all the trinkets on the tree. How fascinating was everything! He normally does not get very excited about things like this, but something felt special. People were placing their trinkets and items on the tree, and he stepped closer to observe everything. His head twisted and turned as golden eyes did not miss a single trinket. Small hooves finally came to a halt as he watched and listened to the others. Apparently, this old turtle was going to give them something! He could not wait to see what surprises and trinkets would come from this experience. His small tail wiggled with excitement waiting with butterflies in his stomach. Normally Zubari was not like this, but something was very special about this event.

table code by tammeLyrics

Zubari wiggles around in excitement for the turtle. lol

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Raeden Posts: 188
World's Edge Specter atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 5 Years 3Months HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Tin :: Plain Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Dressy

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

Raeden slinked in the back of the crowd. Her cream hooves followed each hoof print that was pressed into the ground. Bright Teal eyes fluttered with joy when finally her eyes met the sight of the old turtle. He always brought such great gifts, and she was sure today would be no different. Silver flecks brightened as her and Tin crept in the shadows of the others around. Creamy milk tresses floated in the soft wind and the warmth of the light filled her golden coat. Tin nudged her side waiting to see what gifts the turtle would bring to them this time. The specter remained still and silent to keep the attention away from her. Raeden was not a big fan of having all eyes on her, unless she wanted it that way. Tin excitedly pranced in place as green eyes widened to see more and more people gather around. Hopefully, this will be a time of joy and thanks, but he never knew with people around here. One second it is quiet and the next there is a storm brewing. The pair silently stood in the woodline teal and bright green eyes stayed focused on the old turtle. She ignored others that might have been near her, the commotion was loud already, and she did not feel the need to add to it right now. "We must stay and see what happens Tin." Her hushed voice whispered to the deer.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

“Thank you,” the little mare says, softly, to the turtle. Her gratitude is not just for the gift, but for the entire moment inspired by his generosity. There is no conflict here, at least not this evening. For that, she was most thankful.  Her gaze flicked between the faces - both familiar and unfamiliar - as others received gifts.  She smiled as she saw that Aithniel had received a banner for the Throat - an appropriate gift, to be sure.

It was then the little mare turned her attention to her own gift that A’mal was already thoroughly examining on the ground before her feet. Najya studied the figurine carefully as the little dragon turned it over carefully in her claws. A’mal was intrigued for she hadn’t hatched when the Gods of the Rift had descended upon the conflicted lands. It was a story for another day, but an important story nonetheless. And stories were the very lifeblood of Najya’s people. She smiled at the little figure, again consumed by the bittersweet memories.  Still, the end result of that battle had brought her a long way in the grand scheme of things. If her family could only see her now, wearing a sword and comfortable with using it if she had to.  However, deep down, she was still a creature who preferred peace and healing to bloodshed.  Perhaps that was why she was so fond of moments like this one, fleeting as they were.  

The desert mare made now move to retrieve her scale - at least not yet. It just looked too perfect among the other trinkets - glowing softly in the gentle light.  Though the choice of some of the items that had been offered were certainly interesting to say the least, however she was not one to judge. Others were quick to retrieve their treasures, and she did not blame them, but she was satisfied with the state of things.  A’mal was far more anxious about her own treasure that she had hung among the branches, but made no move to snatch it from the trees either.  Perhaps patience was a virtue capable of being taught after all.

N A J Y A
Image Credit

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Vesper Posts: 46
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Tribrid :: 14.3hh :: Two
Everly :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Kiki
V E S P E R
"In a sky full of stars, I think I see you."

“Oooh” I cooed when I received my gift from the turtle - another beautiful charm to add to my collection! One of the turtle himself! Now I had something to remind me of this special day all of the time. Papa had received something too, though I hadn’t seen what it was that he put on the tree as decoration. I’m sure he could feel my excitement since I was practically vibrating, but I looked up at him before gesturing to Everly who had picked up my gift and was holding it in her silver beak. 

“Look Papa! It’s the turtle!” I murmured, excited at the prospect at having received something so beautiful from the generous creature.  Everly made sure Mesec had a moment to see what was clutched in her beak before making her way back to my withers, looking for the perfect spot to secure my new charm.  Carefully, I held my neck out level to make the task easier for her as she moved from my withers to my poll and found a spot near where I wore my other charms.  Carefully she threaded the charm through my mane (which was finally growing out and didn’t stand straight up anymore) before securing it tightly. Pleased with her work, Ev took off and chirped happily before going off in search of Lucius. 

“Thank you,” I called out to the turtle, perhaps just a little too loudly and with a little too much exuberance, but at this point I just couldn’t help it.  It looked like others were here too - and the turtle had been very generous - I spotted most of my friends from the Edge, and a couple of faces I thought I remembered from the Basin or one of Kisamoa’s appearances but I just couldn’t be certain - there were too many faces. I did know that it was amazing to see so many people in one place.  I just wished Virga could have been here - he’d never believe me if I tried to tell him about all of this. 

image credit

Mentions @Mesec

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE <3

Please tag Vesper in every post.
Force and magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.

image credit

Tasokh Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 2 Seasons
Frostie

Tasokh

So you see I'm not magma but molten metal,
nearly as hot as the surface of the sun.

The figure of Gaucho made the girl frown with confusion. It wasn't how she remembered him...was this a more accurate example of her father? Looking to Verro she gestured to the figure with her continued look of confused. "That's pa? Right?" She queried her twin, before turning to her mother see if she had anything to add to her comments. Knowing that would treasure it for ever she picked it up between her teeth and tucked it into one of her thick braids.

The youngster bouncing around them seemed terribly excited by this whole ordeal and, she supposed, she could not blame him. In truth she was also excited to see what would happen next. At that moment the tree began glowing and she looked up from the young male and focused on the tree. "Look Verro!" She exclaimed, grinning with excitement. inching closer, her breath wheezing as it came in and out of her lungs she waited with baited breath to see what magic trick would be preformed next. "What will it be? What is it going to be?!"
Credit

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit

With winter's last dying breath she wanders from the northern reaches to the southern lands, a memory of gifts and celebration ringing in her mind like silver bells. It's a leisurely journey - whatever she misses, it isn't of much consequence for the rose woman. Trinkets and jewelry lay in her cavern in abundance. Riches and gold and everything a gluttonous matriarch could desire decorating her lean body or the corners of her cavern. So why is she here, where the crowds thicken and the voices hum in jubilation? Where magic and happiness clouded her senses like a thick cloud?

Mate? Alice whispers in her mind, a flash of intense gold eyes and a warm, rare smile flashing like a faded snapshot in her mind's eye. For a moment Hotaru wants to reject it, if only out of some sense of pride or independence. Some lingering notion of not needing anybody, much less a lover. Not after Ashamin, after Thranduil, after Tingal. But she can feel the metal on her breast, tingling with sympathetic magic. She knows he's here, somewhere, and there's no point denying that to Alice.

Yes, mate. Can you find him? The hound's eyes have no pupil, just black depths, but Hotaru suspects there is a shine of anticipation in them nonetheless as the wolf mutant turns and runs into the fray, nose low and smoke billowing behind her as she passes.

While she waits the Valkyrie stands to an empty side of the beautiful glittering tree, her bicolored eyes revealing her awe as the colors wash across her skin in a myriad of shades. It truly is beautiful. But then the metal on her breast warms and she lifts her head, the pull almost tangible. Mate! Alice cries happily in her head, and her hooves quicken. She excuses herself softly, prim but dismissive, her goal already visualized.

He is striking in his wolf cloak, the backdrop of snow only aiding in separating him to her eyes, letting him become her whole world and focus. She slows as she comes near, knowing the happiness her Celtic knot necklace must be projecting to him.

"Thranduil," she calls softly for his ears alone, the wind tousling her pale locks as she smiles lovingly at him. An expression she is only recently growing accustomed to once more. One she holds private and dear, but one she simply has to show now that he is here before her.

Hotaru slides up against him as easily as breathing, his warmth meeting hers as she turns to bring her warm muzzle to his in intimate greeting. Eyes warm and punch drunk with his presence. Alice ventures off to greet Haldir, but Hotaru only has eyes for the golden illusion before her. "This tree really must deliver presents if I found you here," she teases softly, even if the undercurrent of sincerity and love is perhaps too revealing. Nips along his muscled shoulder in a move a bit too passionate, but she can't help it. She has missed him desperately. Not living with him any longer...the distance between them aches sometimes now that they are sure of where they are with one another.

She gazes at him beneath the flickering lights and thanks the magic of the night for bringing them together.

image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

@Thranduil <3
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Laume Posts: 18
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 1yr
Goatfairy

THE  beauty of the day only increased as the event continued. Laume smiled and giggled as she danced through the throngs of various horses. She couldn't see Roosey or Little Floof but she did see Tilney and Maude and Arah. Tembovu and his fat elephant friend were also here but everyone seemed involved in a family moment. She didn't have that since Roosey wasn't here. Ok, yes, her Mom mom was still here too...standing all alone. The fae might be wild and strong but she was not cruel. Guilt creeps its way into her being. Her mother had been so sad, so hurt, even if Laume had been in the right. Well, just a few minutes of chatting wouldn't hurt anyone and would probably leave Mother feeling happier at an event that was clearly such a family oriented one(Even to a young foal's eyes.) She walks quietly over to her mom and bumps the mare gently on her shoulder. Her voice is a mixture of kind happiness, awkwardness, and excitement as the words rushed out of her mouth. "This is awesome isn't it!?"  She waits for the conversation that will obviously ensue, before the turtle's gifts come down, causing a pause.

The oohs and ahhs flowed through the air as warmth and happiness floated on into the gathering. This turtle, was awesome! He was so happy and friendly and amazing that she couldn't help but giggle her heart away and dance about. Floop, flwack! What was that? The young filly spooked and ran about trying to see what was suddenly attached to her neck. Oh my gods! It was a bag she could put food in. FOOD. She smiles a huge smile at the great big turtle and prances about with her new decor. It wasn't too big a bag but good sized enough to hold everything she needed and the sight of it overjoyed the fae. "This is so cool Mom! Think of everything it can fit! Ahh, this Turtle is the best creature ever!"

OOC: @Myrrine and Laume can have their little conversation outside of the thread as if they're sitting there enjoying the even as it happens and etc. Whatever you'd like.

ALSO Admin, thank you so much for all your hard work on Christmas and for everything you've done. <3

Horse Stock: AussieGal7@dA, BG Stock: DeletedAcct, Manip: ExquisiteIllusions@dA(me)
-Please Tag Laume In  All Posts So Her Sassy  Ass Doesn't Forget!-

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ELDALA let out a small squeal of annoyance as her brother ripped a good bit of her hair from her man. Not that she needed that hair anyways..there was plenty where that came from. Capro, on the other hand, couldn't care less about his bonded's mane, other than tilting his head to the side at the odd interaction he was having far too much fun bouncing about and seeing all the tall horses and the big turtle. Everything was magnificent and beautiful!

Her brother comes back with a smile for her though after he places his ornament but his words send a chill through her. They weren't ominous but she knew he'd want to talk about what happened with her homeland. Even though she'd not been thinking about it like that the mare realizes she had most certainly been avoiding him to put off the inevitable chat. /Well, no time like the present...especially once you've been called on it!/ The terrene mare just smiles and nods at her brother but doesn't speak.

The murmurs of surprise float over to her on the air and, when she looks back at the tree, she notices that her bough of cold tongue berries has now become a whole portable case of the plant. "Oh! How wonderful! Now I shall never be without these. Here, Arion, try one!" She runs to pick up the thing and then offer her brother one of the delicious berries from the little bush.

/Eldala's Thoughts/

"Words"

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Arion Posts: 11
Outcast atk: 6.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 4 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Goatfairy

ARION laughs in pure amusement as his sister's lock of hair becomes braided just for him. Well, he didn't have much use for it but he certainly could wear it as a reminder of her. The strong stallion walks up to the tree and plucks down the braid. His happiness couldn't get much higher at this point.

His sister nods her agreement at his request, clearly uncomfortable, but still complaint. He hoped the conversation would be short, to the point, and honest. Arion didn't want to draw out their talk as if it were the end of the world or more important than serving the community they both found themselves in....but it did need to be done.

Suddenly, the turtle bathes everything in a bright, warm feeling and he finds all previous trace of seriousness has left his mind. Instead, joy at the occasion and happiness take over. He looks around for the enchanting woman who'd led him home. Ahh! His eyes alight on her pretty form. He tries to catch her attention, waving his nose around a bit, and hopes she'll eventually notice him. She was his best and only acquaintance other than his sister right now, after all.

@Tiamat mentioned directly. I am so sorry trash post is trash but a migraine took me over soooo yeah. lol

Stock

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Sacre;
After nodding his awed thanks to the pretty tree, Sacre inspected his new figurine; a mini Sun God for him to admire and it also, rather aptly, glowed. The more he looked at it the more he began to want a collection of them, one for each God, though magnificent the Sun was, he needed some friends… right? He pondered about it for a moment, before giving it to his foxes to investigate and returned his attention to Ráeru. Her gift had been a rope, made from her own hair, that she was now draping across her back and Sacre’s eyes widened at his sister’s suggestion. “What an idea! I could take you on all of my long adventures” he winked at her. Somehow he imagined Ráeru would probably grow tired of her brother’s constant chattering should she ever be so unlucky to be tied to him for all eternity. Maybe it would be an idea to tie all of his family together, that way he didn’t have to worry about where they all were, or even if they were still alive.

“It’s pretty” he complimented, smiling as she drew closer and he welcomed her into his warm side.

He then too turned his attention to the gleaming tree that now beamed with all its new decorations that hung from various branches and Sacre felt a happiness come over him. Here, next to his little sister, all was beautiful and fine.
kaydeniro & larfsalot @deviantart | subtlepatterns.com

arghhhh have my 200th post generous giving tree<3
Mentions @Ráeru
-late- but merry christmasss :D

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Mathèo Posts: 65
Dragon's Throat Colt
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2 :: 3 seasons
Delphi :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Odd

Thèo had not exactly been feeling himself lately.

More precisely, the young boy was suffering from a sort of existential crisis. The world seemed such a large and important place, and he had no idea where he fit into it. The tender and tentative meetings that he had with others left him wanting, trying to fill a void within himself which was seemingly endless.  He delighted in the time he spent with those he cared deeply for; Luther, Iskra, and Vinati, but when they parted ways, the happiness that had filled him would suddenly slosh away; like a wave pulling away from the beach.

With a heavy heart, Thèo trudged in the direction he had seen the others going. He had been sluggish about it, arriving far after the tree had been decorated. Really, that was a blessing, for what would the lonely boy have to give? Memories of his Father?

With wide, sunbeam eyes, the ashen boy looked around to see who was here already. He recognized a fair number of faces, but he chose to remain on the side, by himself. He knew that his mood was more or less ridiculous, and didn't feel like explaining himself to anyone. They all looked so happy, so expectant. Thèo, who hadn't been alive the last time the Earth Turtle had descended and who hadn't heard about him, stood with less than awestruck eyes (his mother was a demi-goddess after all, such was the norm for him), gazing at the large shelled creature who beamed down at them.

You can't bring my Father back.. he thought to himself sadly, staring up at the turtle.

mathèo
Oh Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side, I wanna be your left hand man
Image by Lunarblues !

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

Tarik was of course no stranger to turtles; to sea-life of any kind, really. He had seen some absolute beauties in his time, though none that compared to the regal and massive creature before him.

The viking narrowed his eyes. Where were Huldra and Ralik?

Tarik had gotten up to stretch his legs, take a piss, and enjoy the salty morning air without Huldra's belly-aching. It was when he was a good distance away that he'd seen a damned migration, moving towards the turtle and the tree. Uninterested (immortality will do that to you, alcohol as well), Tarik had returned his eyes to the sea, ignoring the request for meaningful trinkets. All the trinkets on the man's body were meaningful; every bead, and every nick-nack. Why the hell would he give them to the shelled-creature?

It was only when the tree began to glisten with magic, and shouts of joy and appreciation drifted towards him, that his interest was piqued. He was a greedy bastard after all, and if the Turtle was handing out freebies, he would make an effort.

With a grunt, the chimeric man moved towards the group, eyeing those assembled with sparkling, charismatic eyes, never lingering in one spot too long.

"What is this?" He mumbled more to himself than to anyone else, as he settled unassumingly into the crowd. And where the fuck is my brother? He thought, flicking an ear behind him to capture the sounds of the bodies nestling in. If those two morons were going to sleep, drink, or fuck away the morning, that was their business. Though he would be interested to see what Ralik thought of this massive sea-beast. A smirk crested his lips as he imagined Huldra's indignant screeches at having missed out on a gift from the turtle.

Then again, perhaps they were already here somewhere, intermingled among the dozens of bodies.

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, 
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking. 

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae was losing her grip. Unraveling.  

She had spent too much time away from Grusha, she was sure that was the cause of all this. It was her sister who grounded her, who kept her tethered to this world and kept her mind focused and sharp. Without her larger twin's influence, the ghostly girl had become just that: a ghost. Her body was more often than not a wispy-outline of her normal form. Only her pale white eyes remained solid, but that only further served to amplify her ethereal appearance.

She had unceremoniously left her challenge against Volterra. Aithniel had ascended and she'd been named a healer, just as she'd always wanted. And then what?

Nothing.

She'd become a ghost, and hid.

Her wolves left her often, having to go and hunt for themselves as she refused to leave the small cave that she hid herself in on the shoreline of the Dragon's Throat. Tae didn't care. They could fend for themselves afterall. Ampere would likely be horrified to know how her daughter was treating her companions, but for the time being, Tae didn't care about that either. 

Her Father was gone. Her cloak was gone. Her purpose in life had disappeared. Her brother had been murdered by that fucking monster, and she and Grusha were no closer to catching it. 

What was the point of it all?

The mandible-marked mare had left her cave to graze, and it was then that the turtle had caught her attention. More precisely, it was the movement of those heading towards him, who caught her attention. Like an icy dagger to her heart, Tae followed, breath held. She remembered this turtle ... remembered the last time he had been here. Only... only then her Father had been there as well. She remembered standing proudly by his side as she accepted her gift from the earth turtle. 

And now here he was, back again.

But Gaucho was still gone.

Silently she stood next to her youngest brother, Matheo. She didn't say much to him, just nodded slightly as she halted at his side. He was family, even though they weren't close. But right now, family seemed to be just what she needed.

tae
Throw me to the wolves
& I'll come back leading the pack
Image by Lunarblues !

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
tia & nim ♡
“Oh!” The ocean mare exclaims, her bright eyes widening as she watches a charm appear next to the green orb and seashell she had placed among the spiny branches. Looking closer, she discovers that it is in the shape of a turtle—reminiscent of the great creature standing not far away—and, with her surprise swelling, she notices that the trinket is moving. Mirroring her bonded’s wonder, Nimiue glides up towards the branches, a low sound trilling slowly from the young Leviathan as she inspects this wonderful new present.

Reaching to these precious things, Tiamat slips the charms over her neck and braids the shell back into her hair; by the time she glances back to the magnificent Earth Turtle, her eyes are moist with happiness (her weary, fragile soul starving for this familiar sense of joy). “Thank you, Sir,” she whispers, voice thick with emotion. Even if the ancient turtle can’t hear her among the gratitude of others, she is sure that he will receive the sentiment, one way or another.

He continues, gifting all of them with the joy and peace of the season. To have everyone in such beautiful harmony—even if only for this moment—is a blessed release to the blue mare’s mind. Her smile is soft and tender on her lips, while her calm breaths pool in velvety clouds as she looks around her.

Suddenly, her attention is caught by the sharp movement of a stallion, one whom she recognizes instantly. Flashing him a wide, familiar grin, Tiamat ambles her way to his side, reaching out to him when she settles in his company. “Arion, my dear friend,” she greets him, with Nimue following suit as she blows softly into the stallion’s face. The mare chuckles lightly, humming pleasantly to herself. “Isn’t it beautiful to see us all together like this?” She beams to the dappled man, eager for him to share in her delight.

notes; Talk to @Arion <33
“Speech.”
and I can be your light—
in the dark, I will shine to guide you.

image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Iskra Posts: 79
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 1 year
Castiel :: Royal Humpback Leviathan :: Tidal Wave Blu
Iskra
Let it go, just let it be, you be you, and I'll be me
The moment he heard about it he began the siege upon his mother. He hoisted his catapults with "please" and lowered his blades with guilty eyes and quivering lips. He was ruthless in his assault upon her stony walls, and she was not just an unarmed castle to be overwhelmed; she was equipped with her own defenses, many of which cut into him. He faltered sometimes, but he hunkered down and persevered, adamant, until finally her first wall crumbled, and then the rest.

Together they set off to the Meadows where half of Helovia was gathering in cheer. His excitement couldn't be contained, and so as he walked he popped up like a kernal of popcorn pop-pop-popping multiple times. His body wiggled with energy, head and heels all rolling out in different directions while his downy covered wings fluttered faintly at his sides. If he didn't know better he'd have sworn he saw a smile on his mother's lips, even heard a faint laugh or two. This encouraged him, and Iskra carried on his silly antics excessively, even belting out a shrill whinny that barely squeaked past his nose once or twice.

When they neared, Iskra glanced at Ampere before bounding on ahead, gasping in awe at all the horses gathered and the gorgeous decorations they had brought. Getting mom to agree had taken too much time, so Iskra missed the decorating part, but he proudly carried a yellow flower he'd dug up - preserved in the warmth of the Throat - and trotted over to the tree to donate it. He stepped back, grinning at the turtle, whom he thanked, before turning back into the crowd.

Happily he spied the glowing of his friend Theo, but before he could make his way over to his sandy brother, he caught sight of his actual sister and the down mood she seemed to be in. He didn't know her well. She always had her twin, and she was an age just enough ahead of him that they never played. She always seemed to have it more together than mom though, so he'd always assumed she was okay, but it didn't look that way today. Without even thinking he sidled over to her, bumping her leg affectionately with his nose, his warm breath exhaling steadily as he offered comfort just by being there. He didn't know what was wrong, but sometimes you didn't need to fix that part, you just needed to be there.

"Hi sister. I'm glad you're here." He smiled up at her, then leaned against her.
Holding onto something we don't need
All this delusion in our heads
Is gonna bring us to our knees
image | code

@Tae

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark
AELFWINE

It was as if Bart didn’t believe her about the elk, the way that he chuckled at it. A grin swept across her lips, excited to see what the next encounter would be for her brother that she could make fun of as well. Yet, the conversation shifted and eyes slid over to Tilney as he hung his lantern. A small smile creased the corners of her lips as @Bartholomeo leaned in to whisper close. “Our brother has a lantern?” He questioned and she nodded. “Yes, our mother had a way of giving us the gifts we needed most.” She informed him, knowing that she was the only full blood sister to the caramel stallion. “Tilney can’t see at night, so mother created a lantern he could light up at will so he could see. I used to always get lost, so she made me that compass and it used to point to the thing I wanted most, not north.” Her dappled head turned to him with a small sad smile. “However, it broke when I came to Helovia.

Then, the gifts were bestowed. She turned to look and see what Bart had received and her jaw dropped slightly in awe. The little gold piece to fix his horn was a beautiful little surprise. A small smile creased her lips as she turned to look at her gift. There, situated beside the compass she had hung on the tree, sat another compass. Emerald eyes peered ever closer to it, spotting the four gods and a blank space. Oh, how wonderful! She had never learned about the other Gods, but perhaps now was as best a time as any to look into them.

She slipped the little compass around her neck, keeping her eye on her mother’s trinket to her as she felt Bart’s chin upon her shoulder. She leaned into him gently with a smile before noticing @Tilney, @Maude, and @Arah approaching. She moved to face them further, smiling brilliantly to Tilney and the whole family. Then, Arah was next to speak. “I’ve been well, thank you.” She answered gently, emerald gaze spotting the brilliant smile the pale doe gave. “Oh, don’t worry about it. We’re family now, it was simply just a favor. I’m so glad to see you’re doing well.” She admitted grinning until Maude appeared from beneath her parents. She nickered a greeting and Aelfwine returned the favor, bumping her muzzle back. “Did you get anything cool from the tree, Maudie?” She cooed quietly, her eyes narrowing mischievously and playfully toward her niece.

"Talk."

this storm cannot erode you,
for you're more than blood and bone.

image credits

mentions the whole gang <3

Sunjata Posts: 69
Dragon's Throat Sleuth atk: 4.5 | def: 10 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Andikan :: Nile Crocodile :: Scream Skylark
SUNJATA

The mare he chose to stand beside seemed upset at the idea he stood there. He wasn’t sure why, it wasn’t like he was threatening her or anything. But still, as his eyes glanced over her feathered head and neck, he noticed the feathers as they poofed, flaring against the pale part of her neck. He offered her a smile after placing his trinket and chose to leave, her stance going unnoticed for the time being.

The blue jay wasn’t expecting anything in return for such a trivial gift. However, it appeared the tree had a sense of humor as he felt his hoof ‘tink’ against something. Curiously, his head lowered to the gift, spotting a gilded band in the middle of the snow. He looked around for a moment, curiously as to see if someone had dropped it. Yet, before long as he noticed others getting gifts, he figured it must be his. And if it wasn’t, then the person searching for it would be lost among a gathering such as this. Quickly, he scooped it up and tucked it along his wing, his oceanic gaze admiring the gilded colors against the stark cold blues of his wings.

Hmm, hoe vreemd.” He uttered quietly in his native tongue under his breath. He glanced up then to survey the crowd, when he noticed a somewhat familiar body somewhat near him. The mare from the tree, perhaps she got something too? Quietly, he sought her out of the crowd, heavy navy hooves taking him closer to her but staying a small distance away. His head swung to her briefly. “Did you get anything?” He questioned quietly, only for her to hear as his eyes remained on the crowd.

"Talk."

hoe vreemd - how strange.

they wanted a monster.
i decided to give them one.

image credits

@Ru don't mind him <3

Pixel by bronzehalo.deviantart.com
Force/Magic permitted so long as it doesn't permanently harm him.
Please tag in every post!

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Got so much to lose, got so much to prove
God, don’t let me lose my mind.
Antaa seemed so pleased with the gift that she couldn’t stop from cooing excitedly at the idea of such events. Her sharp gaze danced around as others placed and received gifts while she stood among the branch she had placed the trinket on. She watched quietly while her bonded stood alone among the crowd, while others found friends and partners to surround themselves with. Quietly, she dove from the branches to land upon Darwin’s feathered back with a small smile. At least he wouldn’t be entirely alone – he always had her, and she always had him.

Quietly, Darwin turned to glance around the crowd until Antaa’s chirp alerted him to something interesting. There, among the branches he was closest to, was a small phoenix figurine and it was glowing. Elated, Antaa began to squawk and chirp her excitement while Darwin chuckled quietly under his breath. “If you want to hold onto it, you can.” He spoke to her out loud with another small chuckle. “I keep safe.” She answered back, hopping to his head and picking up the trinket with her beak, moving back to making a safe nest among the feathers of Darwin, tucking it away there to be safe and sound.

"Talk."

image | coding

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!