the Rift

[OPEN] Coffee Needed STAT

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
we live like thieves
     kings among men

“But its cold!” ”Not as cold as the Basin, so -.” The rest was not very pleasant, especially at this hour. The stag snorts and stops on their march. This was, in his mind ridiculous. Antlered head turns and rises to see the glass. They hadn’t found anything terribly exciting in the tour of the wall. This was pointless, especially this early in the morning! With another snort the stag looks east, but still only finds a muted dawn, even the hints of the coming sun whitewashed by the mists. Then his moon eyes fall back to the golden figure growing distant. It hadn’t really been the gold’s fault for the early morning call. The sleeping hallow was rather awful. Under a pine they had tried this time, and all night needles pointed into the gold, and the snow feel in drips on their backs. Not the grandest, and certainly not lending to a full night’s rest.

For his current show of stubbornness though the stag gained no halt or even hesitation in the gold jog. The flowing trot and billowing snow just continued on. Groaning, and in a rare move, the stag gave in, and his lite limbs leap him forward to catch up.

There was method to the madness, as their always was. The gold, crowned in his usual winter fashion of his wolven cloak and trappings, was ever a sneak. How could he call a place his, when he didn’t even know where the best exits where? Or hiding holes? Or anything? So this day, and the ones following would be filled with simply, going, seeing, and watching. Who liked to graze in the north meadow, who kept near the cliffs, who nested in the eastern trees, all he wanted to know, and there was only one way to find out. Not of course, for anything he needed to know now. But usually, the second you realize you needed to know these things, was the second it was too late.

As Haldir leapt forward the gold turned to look. The stag would not meet his gaze, his eyes glaring forward as he still hopped and skipped to keep up. Perhaps in any other day the gold would let the deer sulk, content it was paying for its self enforced stubbornness. Yet today, as he had the past few, the mischievous nature was coursing thick in him. Fores lift high and roll into a 3-beat. The stag looks over with surprise to hear the change then fakes annoyance. The Laurelin can only laugh at him. Foolish deer. Snorting and kicking up his heels he ups the speed, still looking over to the other side to check the border, but also looking to his companion. It didn’t take long. When invited, it never did. The stag snorts, giving in, and with a toss of his head, leapt with more vigor and calls out in a bellow to the golden. The chase was on.

"Talk?"

thranduil
image credits

@Roskuld Come in however you wish, feel free to pp a bit if you'd like too. Whatever works!

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

I wanna scream at it.

Don’t--

I was running patrol--because of fucking course I was--but I was doing it it, y’know, setting an example for the younguns and whatever. Not like I was setting much of an example at night, when everyone was sleeping, but fuck it--it’s not like all of the shit stopped when the sun went down, and someone had to be there to defend against it, right? Right.

So yeah, I’d run an all-night patrol and it was fucking awful. And now that the dawn was creeping at my ass with tiny golden fingers I was figuring it was time to hit the hay. My body ached, my joints creaked, and there was a film of ice on the tips of my coat that wasn’t gonna go away anytime soon unless I found some hide-away and curled into a tight warm ball of my own fat ass. I yawned, and it was a billowing white cloud of sleepy wafting in the pale dawn’s glow. Fuck it was cold.

I was just ready to fall on my ass and get some rest--but no, no, even though Chico was just as tired as I am he somehow found a way to fuck with someone before the day had even properly started. I guess he had seen someone running somewhere--for some weird reason, goddamn, sit down somewhere please people are trying to sleep--and his idea of a good time was scaring the shit out of them.

Wanna fly down and scream at it.

Chico, no.

I wasn’t awake enough to truly protest his plans--but I figured I should show at least some disapproval. From his vision above I could see (and smell, because owls and smell ‘n shit) that, while these were new faces, they at least smelled like Salty Sams, so they were somehow related to the Edge in some way. Somehow. I think. I dunno, I was fucking tired. Goddamn we needed new warriors.

I was powerless to stop Chico. He waited until they zoomed near a thicket of trees, where the shadows still hung heavy to the boughs--then he burst out of them with as much racket and rustling of leaves as he could muster, his wings bristled and his talons wide open and his eyes huge saucers of W R A T H in his face and his beak open screaming AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH at the poor deer-like creature running after the heels of his companion.

"talk"

image credits

@Thranduil 'm srry

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
we live like thieves
     kings among men

It was one of those cute rare moment between the two. One that Haldir would call on to remember that the gold actually cared for him. One of those that others rarely saw for the gold usual kept such displays of childish play hidden purposefully. It’s hard to be afraid of a threat if you knew the other played with a deer. And yet, he did here now. Because he was more complicated of a creature than most gave him credit for. Not that he would ever correct them of course.

They were dashing along quite happily, kicking up their heels, and only slipping on ice once in a while. The gold hadn’t kept up his morning runs, and found, against the snow’s resistance, himself tire more easily. He’d have to work on that. It seemed without the demands of a herd he hadn’t been keeping up his skills in that area. Still, he cantered on through the woods, with Haldir at last fully giving in and tearing in front, shaking his antlered head. His lighter body with its limbs built into natural springs found the going much easier, and he laughed- that was when they passed the thicket.

It absolutely screeches out at him. One second a happy Hallmark moment, the next they were in a Stephen King movie. Typical. The darks stag, slams on the brakes, moon eyes going wide with fright. The gold, startled as well, does the opposite and charges forward. “Mists.” He hisses. Haldir was not as defenseless and he used to be, nor had those lessons in defense long ago been wasted. He knew the crown he bore held threats of its own. A dark mist already swirls, whipped up in circling spirals by its magic, surrounding the deer. In its dark trap not only waited a shaking head of antlers, but the loss of concentration.

Yet never does the deer stand alone. Within him the gold reaches pulls on the hot strings of his own trick card. Did it even work on- was that an owl? Attacking a deer? The realization of the situations absolute absurdity caught up with him, but the magic was already released, sent to blind the creature. The confusion though did make the gold pull up, his cloven hooves only slightly skidding on one patch of ice. Head tosses up to keep his balance as he barely stops before the growing dark mists. He knew he didn’t get a lot of sleep the night before. He knew he was in a rather strange mood. He knew the morning mists were full of….oddities. But seriously, what the fuck?

"Talk?"

thranduil
image credits

@Roskuld Haldir uses Dark Mists and Thran his blinding magic, feel free let either, all or none hit. However you'd like love!

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

Okay so Chico had wanted to “fly down and scream at it”. He hadn’t factored far enough into the situation to realize that there was a possibility that they would fight back.

There was some fear in the deer’s face, but it hadn’t reacted the way he wanted it to, with running away and shrieking and anything else that was hilarious. No, what it did was stand its ground, and suddenly something dark and whispy started billowing around it, surrounding itself in a cloud of obvious bad shit. Fuck that, Chico thought, disappointment flooding his head as he veered upward and flapped away, making for the nearest tree. It was a bust and he knew it; there was no point fucking with people if they didn’t stick to his vision of satisfaction. Except he didn’t make it that far, because another magic hit him anyway, irritating his eyes and disrupting his flight just enough so that’d he’d smack face-first into a trunk.

“‘Xactly what the fuck you get,” I said at him, coming up finally to the scene, my movements slow and tired; if I had more energy I would’ve laughed at his ass, now having flopped to the ground in a stunned mass of feathers. I wasn’t worried if he was hurt or anything, cuz even if he was it was his damn fault in the first place. Served him right. Sit down somewhere once in awhile, jeez.

“Sorry,” I told the dude and his companion, shrugging my shoulders even as they sagged with exhaustion, “He ain’t mean nothing by it, he’s just an asshole. Thanks for teachin’ him a thing.” Except that part was debatable, because there was no sense of remorse emanating from Cheek. He was just pissed that it had backfired on him, and laughing at it, too, cuz he was able to do that at least.

I wasn’t paying attention to the golden guy when I came up, my eyesight blurry with weariness--but as I got closer and the light kept lightening steadily in the east, something familiar about him caught my attention, and I peered at him closer to figure out what was triggering my memory. “We met?” I asked suddenly, because I was sure I’d never met him anywhere in the Edge before--but he still seemed like a dude I should know.

"talk"

image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!