Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP
GO BACK TO SLEEP
SLEEP SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP GO BACK TO SLEEP SLEEP

Red eyes flick open in the dark.
Lungs gasp, choking on dust and cold.

Öde raises from the confines of his earthly tomb, crawling and pawing his way back to the top soil after a year of being furnished by worms and decay. He has spent the seasons like Prometheus, trapped in an eternal cycle of dying and reviving. The difference being that the Greek boy was serving penitence underneath the watchful gaze of his god Zeus, where as Öde had merely been a servant of misfortune and was buried too low for even gods to see - or if they did they thought him only the crust of sleep and flicked him away carelessly.

Not today.

Standing in the depths of a pit, hide so matted with mud and blood and animal piss it has become a part of him, legs quivering so violently they could start their own percussion band, but none of it matters because he is standing. There's a tilt of pride to the way he holds his head, or perhaps it's just frozen at that particular angle. His hair and flesh are matted in a horrific manner best described as gristle. It's the residue from the puncture he sustained in the back of his skull, the simple method of felling an immortal, executed by none other than the bitch Nature herself.

Öde had stumbled, rolled, and finally fallen at the bottom of this pit where a wooden spire waited like a coiled snake, until it struck and then stuck in the back of his brain. There, entwined like quarreling lovers, Öde and the stick had remained for a year. Similar to a light flickering on its last wattage, so Öde's consciousness fluttered around his corpse, torn between the inability to die, and equally the incapacity to live with a stick lodged up his cranium's anus. Only when time and weather (and probably some termites) wore the wood away into splinters, only then was the perpetual stabbing finally able to draw to an end - Öde finally understands the impatience of mares that have to endure the same. He vows never to prolong a climax lest he withdraw like the wood, wet and sloppy with blood and regret.

So he stands, shaking on legs that haven't held him in ages, but he demands they be strong now because fuck if he's going to lay down any time soon. Instead Öde hurls himself against the muddy slope, grimacing and grunting as he buries his tired limbs into the supple meat of the earth. His joints complain but he cries out louder than them with frustration and impatience. He reaches desperately for nearby vines to grab onto, and inches with every bit of body he has, at times crawling on the tip of his nose, breath held against the sludge that pervades his flared nostrils as he does so.

He gets out eventually, more brown than black, and so cold and exhausted he shivers uncontrollably. He's hungry,a nd maybe a little delirious, but fuck it he's alive and that feels good. The hurt and the cold and the hunger only serve to remind him of that, and so as pathetic and shit-sorry as he looks wandering around the Labyrinth, he smiles.

Ö_D_E

Resurgere.deviantart.com & PochoAchondria.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

She had come upon him like a shadow in the night. Except he was dirty and matted to hell and she was just all sorts of confused. Ever since waking up next to the ocean with two handsome men explaining to her that not only had she tried to commit suicide, but she knew them; she had been in a constant haze of what ifs and 'do I know them?' because just what in the fuck was she supposed to think anymore? It wasn't like she really minded, what did she have to be upset about aside from the fact that everyone else remembered her and she didn't them. They should be more upset than she. Yet it was as if her world was supposed to shatter and she was to attempt to pick up the pieces in hopes of getting the life she once had.

What if she didn't want that life back? The Gods gave her this one for a reason, and honestly from the little bits she had been told, it wasn't like her old life had been great. Her past self sounded like a fucking pussy. Snorting, she kept walking briskly through the labyrinth out of sheer curiosity, until a creature suddenly lifted from the pit full of dirt and maggots and smelled of death. Suddenly she was screaming, landing back on her ass and looking at this man who was for some reason smiling and without another thought she was speaking to him as hazel eyes met red,"Jesus toots did you die and come back to life? You look like hell on a bad day." She would soon realize how spot on her joke would be.

Taking a step closer to him she studied his dirty hide, watching him curiously with those long black lashes fluttering over golden orbs, before meeting his own expression once again with a mildly concerned quirk to her brow,"You in need of some help there sugar? I may not be too helpful with any healing but I know how to clean up." Then suddenly she winked, grinning playfully at this man who seemed to literally crawl out of the depths of hell with renewed vigor; and she couldn't help but find it to be oh so fascinating. Not to mention the fact that she would never pass up the opportunity to flirt with an unsuspecting man. The ones who were caught off guard will always the most fun. Giggling softly she sauntered even closer, just enough to not classify as invading as she eyed him up and down, tongue subconsciously rubbing over her lips. Mangled and smelly or not if you looked past the dirt and stench he was rather sexy, black blanketing sinew and eyes of ruby that looked like they could read her soul and- Myrrine, settle yourself. A lady must wait.

"So what were you doing down there anyway? Searchin' for treasure and gettin' lost?" she wouldn't stop talking, looking him up and down with no shame as a pleasant smile remained on those inky lips. She liked him, and if he didn't like her back then, meh, oh well. She would enjoy the view while it lasted. With a swish of her tail and eyes filled with a mischievous gleam she waited for some response, some sort of acknowledgement of her existence, whether it was because she was worried if he was actually okay or if she just wanted to hear just how sexy his voice was. Damn was this girl itching and ready to go, and even if he should deny her she could always go flirt with another spicy fella. The world was her oyster, and with this new lease on life she was gonna grab it.

"Talk."
the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Ode just tagging to let you know I'm here. Can't remember if you don't like tagging or not <3 I'M SORRY BUT NEW MYRRINE WAS LIKE MMM AY BOI
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

It smells of death.

The reek is palpable in the goliath's nostrils, a heady stench of decay and demise. He smells soil, disturbed loam and overturned maggots, rotting wood and rotting flesh and blood and piss and filth.

Vérzés - his companion today as Vadir reaps the Labyrinth of its prey - twists his wings and angles through the air, sharp crimson eyes hunting for the source of the reek. Volterra bulldozes through the undergrowth behind his dragon, a battering ram of blackened flesh and muscle that carves through thorn thickets and broken twigs as though they aren't even there. His mind reaches out to latch onto Vérzés', shamelessly snatching the dragon's sight to gain an aerial view of the maze-like green forest. What he sees makes his heart soar; Öde!

He's fond of the man, the brother he never had, the distant relative who is just so similar to him that they have a common ground of self-confidence and boundless desire for sex. Volterra rarely gets along with other stallions unless he has to, because men are simply competition for the mares and the glory, meaning the black colossus is honour-bound to try and dominate them. Öde, however, is different. They are kin, they are brothers in arms, and he has never felt the raw need to express any kind of superiority over the older male.

They are friends, or as close as the Indomitable can get to such a relationship.

So with a grin on his face, Volterra alters his path to follow his dragon's instructions. Worryingly, the closer he gets to his cousin the more the stench of death hangs in his nostrils, but Vérzés' visions of the unicorn show him very much alive, albeit staggering slightly. Finally the Basiner is within Volterra's sights, and a great warm bellow of greeting erupts from the leviathan's lips. "Öde, brother! It is good to see you." The familiar figure of Myrrine is nearby and seems to be getting her flirt on with his cousin - Volterra flashes his herdmate an amused elevated eyebrow, and gives Öde a look that says you're well in there, mate - but she is largely background noise as the stallion focuses on his cousin.

His broad grin slips slightly into a frown as, close up, he can see the state his relative is in. He looks like mere flesh hanging across a loose scaffold of bone and sinew, matted with filth and blood and earth as though he's risen like a zombie from his own grave. Vérzés twists in the air and lands with a dull thud on his bonded's massive hindquarters, and he too scrutinises Öde with interest. "He smell like bad prey," remarks the red, and Volterra is inclined to agree. Something wrong has happened to the unicorn, something evil. "What happened to you?"

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Öde Posts: 145
Blu

GO BACK TO SLEEP

As Öde slogs his way through the underbrush, what parcels of his mind are not consumed by his agony instead wonder over the world he has been absent from. He finds it hard to believe it's truly been a year, and yet there is an unmistakable awareness of watching the seasons turn and finally fold back into each other. He wishes it were merely a dream, a phantom concoction of his depraved psyche, yet he knows better than to assume the greatest horrors lie in slumber. Still, something tangible to prove - ever a mortal's dilemma, this proof...

His train of thought is cut short as a scream berates his ears, and eagerly the red tips of them dive against his mane to muffle the cry. Bewildered his head jerks to the side, horns brandished instinctively, though he's blinking rapidly as he tries to discern what's happening before he gores it. He stares openly at the girl that's sitting square on her ass. She's adorned with butterfly wings, which seems uniquely terrible- butterflies aren't the most capable fliers and their wings are paper thin, surely being enlarged doesn't allow them to carry a horse when they struggle to carry a fuzzy insect?

He might ask her, eventually, but for now a rough laugh chokes its way from his strained maw as her query jabs perfectly on the bleeding scab of truth. The laughter cuts short with his words, "You've seen it then?" Öde asks with a wolfish smile that's all teeth and hunger. "Hell?"

She doesn't seem put off, which is saying something given his current appearance and odor. Instead she creeps forward, an offer on her lips, and soon thereafter her hips too. All this time he'd been playing a gentleman to lure the ladies, turns out all he had to do was roll around in the muck and the mire to get all the mares. Unfortunately her offer isn't appealing, least of all now when hunger and pain pervade his senses. He's a man, but he's also a horse and there are more needs than those of his second head to be met every day. That and Öde isn't much of a sex fiend to start with. He enjoys the hunt, the domination, the ravaging sensation of power, but these are lost on a dame that is more aggressive than him in the bedroom. Perhaps she'd be a choice in a moment of frustration, an easy victory, a warm release on a cold night, but it would likely only stain him with regret the next morning when he remembers all he accomplished was showing up.

Öde minds his manners though, because at least she is kind. "You're sweet to offer-" he pauses, an invitation for her name. "Cleaning up is the least of my worries though, especially in this season." If he gets back home he knows the Basin has hot tubs that he can wash off in, but anywhere else would be an invitation for frostbite. "Just looking to head north," he reassures her, nodding with a more conservative smile.

At her last question Öde's attention drifts instead to the monochromatic behemoth that pervades the scene. A swift grin languishes on Öde's maw and his neutral features brighten with the true joy he reserves for his family. "And you, brother Volterra," Öde extends in greeting, though is voice is more raw than Volterra would be accustomed to, jarring like rocks and coals from the year of disuse.
His gaze traces the movements of the similarly colored dragon. As always he is in awe of the creature, and reminded yet again of his lack. Where he was once jealous, now he only burns with a hot embarrassment. If it was truly a year he wasted away, how much further has Volterra grown now? He certainly looks more muscular, if Öde was really to think about it.

At his brother's question Öde grimaces. The humor he feigned for the girl withers beneath the truth of it all now that he shares with his kin. What happened? Nothing good.
"I was trapped," he rasps, his gaze distant even as it stares at Volterra, remembering his imprisonment. "Left to rot where no one goes, no one notices. So it has been since last Frostfall, by the grace of the gods." He snorts derisively, then shakes his head, the bloodied crown on his nape clear with the movement.

"Anything of note that transpired in my absence?"

Ö_D_E

@Myrrine

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
Myrrine

And just like that he was turning to her with a wolfish grin, her body shivering at his intense gaze while her mind listened to his sudden response. She only let her own smile widen, it a tad flirtatious although much more amused as she immediately quipped back in reponse,"Why you got a one way ticket?" Her eyes looked to study his corpse, because in this moment that's what it still was, roaming casually before at once listening to to him continue in a much more casual tone. He had immediately picked up on her implication, cutting right the point, and this was yet another thing she found herself to be greatly intrigued by. She liked a man who knew how to take charge. Keeping a calmer expression she only giggled casually, keeping it short before at once keeping pace with his talking,"Hmm, I've been known to make others acquire a sweet tooth. Although, I may keep clean but that don't mean I can't play dirty."

She was shameless, winking but not pressing any further as he indicated his desire to simply go north. Not the direction she had really intended going, but should he need someone to bring him there perhaps she could make an exception. It was when another approached from behind did she finally turn her head, only letting it glide over her shoulder as if looking to see if a fly had landed on her rump. This however changed when she took in the bulk that was this man, clean cut and strong and- whoo it was suddenly getting very warm. Batting her lashes sweetly in his direction she finally turned to face him, but remained quiet as the two brothers exchanged small chit chat. She would save that little fantasy involving them later. Instead she cleared her throat, moving closer to Volterra in a smooth and friendly matter, keeping her expression sweet as she cooed,"Two handsome fellas in a row? Gee aren't I a lucky gal." With a simple glance she knew all she needed to know, yet when she let them continue her face finally began to form a frown.

"Shit, you actually were in hell toots," and although she didn't understand the deeper meaning of what he meant by trapped; she couldn't help but feel sympathy for him, how he felt that there was nowhere to go. Her eyes were filled with kindness, her flirtatious air now nearly dissipated as she took another step towards Ode and offered her nose to him in a friendly gesture, putting past the sickening stench that was death,"I'm Myrrine by the way. Nice to meet ya. Sorry about nixing the manners earlier, I was rather distracted." With a gentle crack of her smile she left it at that, because no matter what she did she couldn't let a flirt come through. Gods help her soul.

"Talk."
the butterfly is proof that great darkness
can create great beauty

@Volterra
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
HE SAYS "OH BABY GIRL, DON'T GET CUT ON MY EDGES
I'M THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND MY TONGUE IS A WEAPON"

His cousin's voice is a stony rasp, a death rattle. Concern blights the mammoth man's features; he's quite sure the unicorn didn't used to talk like that. Whatever cruel fate has befallen Öde, it sends cold shivers down Volterra's spine. There's always been something haunting about his brother-friend, something sinister, some hint of darkness that even the Indomitable - bloodthirsty as he can sometimes be - is unnerved by. He does not know of Öde's immortality, although he has suspected something similar ever since the God fight when he's pretty damn sure he saw the unicorn getting impaled, only to converse with him a few weeks later. That, coupled with the fact he cannot seem to summon his magic when in his cousin's presence, makes him wonder what ungodly power the other male possesses.

I was trapped. He waits for the smaller stallion to elaborate, and the shivers only intensify when Öde does just that. Left to rot. Since last Frostfall. Volterra adopts a troubled expression, struggling to suppress the shudders at the very image. Upon his broad back, Vérzés' reaction is just as worried; to the dragon, it is the very picture of Hell. To be trapped beneath the ground unable to breathe, unable to eat, unable to fly, simply ensconced in eternal blackness, writhing in your own agony...it is a heinous fate that neither Volterra nor his crimson dragon can possibly contemplate the repercussions of. "You have been buried alive....for a year?" The disbelief in his voice is clear - how the hell did Öde survive such a fate?

He looks to Myrrine, who is in the process of introducing herself. "Myrrine here is a healer. Would you like her to check you over? Then, we should find some grazing and water for you, brother." It does not cross his mind that the mare might refuse any request he makes to heal his cousin - he expects her unquestioning deference, given his superior position within their herd. The behemoth glances at her all the same, wondering if she'll have any reaction to his words, then looks back to Öde as the unicorn asks if anything has happened in his absence.

Where to start? So much has happened in the last year - from a personal point of view, it's been Volterra's most changed year, as he began it as an Outcast and finished it as a fully paid up member of a herd. In the larger scheme of things, there's Kisamoa to worry about, and the leviathan certainly does just that. "I joined the Dragon's Throat as its Gladiator. They call me the Indomitable now, too." A hint of a smirk taints his muzzle as he thinks of his title, how much he adores it. "More importantly, there have been a recent string of appearances from a creature that calls itself Kisamoa. It - or he - seems to have a large number of Helovians under his thrall. He asks them to do something and they obey him unquestioningly, even to the extent of submerging themselves in the ocean simply because he promised they would be able to breathe." Volterra's troubled expression has reappeared; cocked ears, furrowed brow, mouth downturned in a frown. "I do not trust him, brother, and whatever he has planned for us I fear it has only just begun."

image credits

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Öde Posts: 145
Blu

GO BACK TO SLEEP

She continues to flirt, undeterred, or perhaps just oblivious to his little hints. He lets them slide though, too distracted by the approach of his kin and the talk they engage in. She listens though, and her demeanor alters, granting her a bit more personality than a talking, winking, vagina. Öde glances over at her for this, nodding at her exclamation, his red gaze drifting back to Volterra when he retorts similarly.

"Aye," Öde confirms, hoping to settle their disbelief with his stone-faced confirmation. He understands - it doesn't make sense on the surface, not really, and trapped is putting it lightly. Öde isn't sure how much to share though. He's never entirely... explained his magic. Partly because he's been figuring it out as he goes, and partly because no one has completely asked (the Time God did once, but he didn't need to, so Öde didn't really answer). He wonders, his mind still sharp even if his body is decayed - is there worth to keeping his secret?

These ponderings dissipate as the butterfly begins to speak again. She retains her controlled posture and calmed talk, the lust drained away with understanding. He smiles kindly at her name, and the gesture broadens as Volterra divulges her capacity. I bet she'd like to check me over, Öde muses humorously. Further than that though, Öde noticed Volterra speaks of her with a familiarity that Öde can't quite place, especially given how they mostly ignored each other before. Maybe Volterra had been a previous patient? Healers have no lack of allegiance to the wounded.

"If you've got the healer's touch Myrrine, I'm afraid it won't work on me. If you've the knowledge of herbs though, I'd be grateful for any which might numb me." Öde tilts his head in a gesture of polite thanks. "Grazing and water would certainly do a trick to help too," Öde agrees, thankful as his red stare holds Volterra. He's an intelligent stallion, more so than Öde remembers; the scars on his pelt suggest he still favors battle too.

His brother goes on and shares as asked. That he chooses to reveal his personal growth before the general realm gives Öde a bemused look. He detects a small amount of competition, like comparing dicks, and Öde is drawn up short once more (he's got big balls though, should they ever decide to compare those). "Impressive," Öde compliments, not unkindly, though a smirk matches the Indomitable's.

Volterra's next words are more troubling, and the steady wolf grin falls into a thoughtful frown. "A creature?" Öde asks, selecting that key word. Volterra doesn't say horse, or lion, or god. Why creature? "Does it have a magical voice perhaps?" Öde wonders, taking Volterra's recalling to mean the beast is getting Helovians to do dastardly deeds against their will.

"Can we kill him?"

Ö_D_E

@Myrrine

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode