the Rift

[OPEN] Like I really care.. [Welcoming ?]

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

ZUBARI
Yeah I have trust issues, can you blame me?.

Small hooves trotted along the paths that the traveled. The boy did not realize the cold weather was nipping at their heals. The sun had almost set, and the wind started to whisper to the trees. Golden eyes narrowed looking for their path home, and of course, he would look behind him every now and again to make sure scary dude and the pretty lady was still behind him.  His golden tipped skull lowered as the first bit of snowfall fell upon him. Chocolate tones twitched and tried to shake off the chilling frozen drops, but he was unsuccessful.  Frowning he looked behind him "What is this stuff??" He snarled and grumbled about the cold stuff falling from the sky.  

Finally after their long journey the ruins of the glass wall were visible in the distance. It is about god damn time they got here. He had to lead the way, and Zubari was done with being the leader in following the leader. It was never a game he was fond of in the first place.  "I told you my home was real. Look there are the ruins of the Glass wall, this means we are at the border. Hopefully, mom or dad won't be too mad at me for leaving.... I hate to make them upset.  "  Golden eyes looked into the heavy mist and surrounding trees of his home. Then he looked back to the other two wondering what their reaction would be. Twisting his maw into a frown and lowered his skull to the ground. He had to act like he cared what his father thought of him for a moment. The boy honestly did not give a shit if he was in trouble or not, but he could never let the adults know that.

"talk talk talk"

OOC:: I am a bad person!! But welcome to the edge ! Let me see if I can find someone to collect Zubari and you can decide if you want to stay or not!

table code by tamme

@Sanaa  @Volterra

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Sanaa Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: 4
nunu
Sanaa’s orbits glistened with curiosity, the veins beneath her pelt fueled with enchantment as she noticed the broken glass shards jutting from the earth. ‘So it was not a fairy tale…’ The flakes of frozen rain fell delicately atop their bods as they made their way into what Zubari called “home”. She smiled at his innocence of being reprimanded by his sire and dam, and she reassured him with her honey-soaked tone, ”Kijana mmoja, your parents will not be angry, but relieved, as I’ve said before.” The mare glanced back at Volterra, his massive shape giving her invisible flickers of gray auras. Secretly, her mind was boggling on whether she would see her own kind here on this land; Zubari had already handed her hopeful wishes.

”Shall we call out to anyone, Zubari?” her cranium was lifted as high as she could, trying to see past the hills beyond the broken wall. The soft-spoken mare did not want to venture into a claimed land uninvited; her previous experiences with that had not gone too well. A chilling breath of air blew through her tendrils, the temperature tossing them wildly about and almost gluing them out of place. The snowfall seemed to be picking up, and in her first time of seeing this weather, she was rather perplexed yet keeping it unknown. The bright yellow aura that followed Zubari here was glistening with mustard splotches, she could tell his attitude about this weather was similar to her own.

@Zubari
@Volterra

ooc: sorry i am THE WORST.. will get more muse soon.
Please tag Sanaa in all posts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

VOLTERRA
you will remember me for centuries
The walk across Helovia is a long one, and Volterra is rapidly wondering whether he would have been better off giving this up as a bad job and allowing the mare to go home with the colt. Alas, the leviathan's pride overrules his head - he's determined to bring this woman home to the Throat, and not let her be fooled by the colt's cutey-fluffy-follow-me antics.

As an added bonus, this trek is giving him a valuable insight into one of the herds he's never visited before. The World's Edge is in a section of Helovia that he rarely ventures to, and his colossal frame moves alongside the mare and foal with great interest. There is a lot he could glean from this little mission, to file away in his skull for the future. He scans the scenery, tasting the sea breeze; the place certainly has beauty on its side, he'll give it that.

Crunch. He looks down to see shards of glass beneath his hooves, and gives a small snort of alarm. Delicately he lifts his massive foot from the shattered fragments, careful to avoid getting any stuck in the underside of his hoof. It strikes him as one hell of a health hazard to leave all these broken pieces of glass laying out here, especially for any horses with soft-pawed companions. The beast lowers his head to sniff at the glass whilst the frigid winter winds whip his mane up into a frenzy, and he wonders what it would be like to live here permanently. Cold, it seems.

The colt seems nervous about returning home, and Volterra eyes him warily. He still doesn't entirely trust the boy, and is determined not to lose this mare to him. "I am sure your parents will merely be relieved to have you home," he growls, unwittingly echoing the sentiments of the mare beside him. He looks to said mare, his crimson gaze continuing to assess her with interest. "Once we are sure that the boy is safely home, we can head to the Throat if you wish." In other words, we better bloody had after all this effort.

LINEART: DARYA87.DA

@Zubari

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

We got more.

Again??

Now that we were paying attention it was starting to get annoying how often people just…showed up out of nowhere. For fuck’s sake, what did they even want with us all the time?

Jeez louise.

I didn’t quite notice the intrigue in Chico’s thoughts and I wasn’t paying attention to the image he was trying to show me; it was dark and cold and windy and for some fucking reason I thought it was a good idea to be an asset to the herd, which meant being out in the snowy cold instead of somewhere warm and shut in for the night. Fuck any sense of feel-good usefulness horseshit, it was cold as balls.

I shook the snow off my shoulders as I loped through the snowdrifts toward the edges where Chico indicated; he was perched nearby, his powerful owl’s eyes taking in the scene with ease despite the fading light. It was starting to get a little hard to see who was there, especially since most of them were darker--but I could tell that one of them was a pipsqueak that, judging by a scent that was familiar in different flavors, I’d seen before.

“Hey, kid!” I called as I approached, wondering why the hell he was out here by himself with strangers instead of deeper inside the herd land where it was safer--I mean, wasn’t he Tembovu’s son? Wasn’t he basically royalty?

“Whatchu doin all the way out--” I began to ask, before the shadows solidified into things that turned out to be a thing that was a person that I…knew. I snorted, snow crunching under my hooves as I pulled up short, my eyes wide and staring and steely.

Fucking Volterra. What were the odds, man?

Jeez louise. (again)

My eyes raked the scene; this kid, Zabibi (idk I guess that’s right) and Volterra and a mare who smelled like….well, nothing specific, who just smelled like woman-horse all over. My eyebrow couldn’t help but cock at the portrait that was painted--our species isn't built to be monogamous--but I let it slide for the time being, especially since he was showing up with the King’s son and that was a bigger question all itself. “Who brought who?” I asked, my eyes darting between the three. “What can I do for y’all?”

"talk"

image credits

@Zubari I HOPE THIS IS OKAY GAAAAH I CANT HELP IT

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
His children wandered. It seemed that the hot Dorobian blood in their veins did not allow them to stay safe within the Edge’s borders as he wished them to—although, if he was entirely honest with himself, there was some small part of him that knew they would never stay safe in the Edge. He, along with Hasovir and Aji, had forever been finding trouble outside the safety of their tribe’s borders. But, because of his painful past, his mind was not ready to recognize this.

His ears tilted forward just as his black nostrils flared—new scents and voices at the border…along with one that was decided familiar: Zubari. His dark, spotted son was a source of unrest for the King that he needed to settle at some point. But Edge duties and Kingship seemed to repeatedly get in the way…

He was not left long to his thoughts as his heavy strides and large body breached the gathering at the glass-ridden borders. “Zubi, you left the Edge?” were the first, concerned words that rumbled deeply from his lips. He came to stand alongside his mahogany son, head dropping down and muzzle aiming to check his small body for any injuries before his great skull and horn rose to look at the newcomers.

One was a mare, dipped in a soft but warm grey-brown and painted with stripes. Two proud horns loosely spiraled from her head—a sign of good fortune on the plains—and medium blue eyes were elegantly linked by a band of white. The stallion, contrastingly, was a behemoth—nearly as large as the King and assuredly built for battle. Haunting red eyes peered out from a skull-marked face… the Elephant felt the he had seen the man around Helovia before, but couldn’t recall a name.

The beauty was clearly Dorobian, he could tell by her markings and proud countenance—let alone the faint warm scent on her skin. And she was vaguely familiar—but he couldn’t quite place her. So, with ears perked forward, his deep voice rumbled in the traditional greeting, Hujambo.” He chose the slightly more formal ‘hujambo’ rather than the more colloquial ’jambo’ because, as mentioned before, the Elephant couldn't quite place the woman’s face.

Then, for the sake of the stallion who was decidedly not Dorobian, he switched to the common tongue, “I am Tembovu, King here. I see you have met my son, Zubari. Are you seeking to make the Edge your home? We have others from the Plains here: Kiuaji, Adaeze, Mavuto, Tsavo, Imani…” His voice trailed off as his realized how many Dorobians had come to call the Edge their home. A slight grin lifted up the corners of his lips as pride struck through his chest; though he had caused the Fall, something greater was being built from the ashes. Some good and right and just.

His navy gaze flickered from man to woman as he aimed to lean his thick foreleg against his son’s side; it was an unconscious movement, his mind seeking to find a heartbeat and breath, a habit ever since the death of his first.

And then he realized that Ros was already there, long before him, greeting the newcomers. His massive skull ducked slightly, a wry grin across it, “Hello, Ros,” he navy eyes twinkled with amusement at himself. How anyone could miss the Sparklight was preposterous; she was pert and perky and loud—even when she wasn’t speaking, she had a presence that occupied a much larger space than her short, stout body.

And the moment Mbwene heard that greeting through their bond, it heralded a crash through the underbrush as she came a-running to see her Chico. The small elephant burst onto the scene, blue eyes searching for him.
tembovu
image | table

@Zubari @Sanaa @Volterra @Roskuld
SORRY I'M THE WORST FOR TAKING FOREVER
Also, here, have an unnecessarily long post :|

Please tag Tembovu.

Sanaa Posts: 6
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: 4
nunu
The painted mare briefly glanced up at Volterra as he was most likely assessing the situation. Her thin winter coat was not doing its job and her hot-blooded disposition was chilled. As the licks of wind gathered more power, the snowfall became more like dust particles; coating her eyelashes and annoyingly making her blink repeatedly. Auricles moved towards Volterra’s heavy voice, he was mentioning ‘The Throat’ which Sanaa recalled him expressing how warm it is there. Just at the thought of it made her fill with balminess. Offering a smile and a slight nod, she kept her opinions and questions to herself for now. In the distance: a noise and then movement. A stranger to Sanaa, but likely a friend or acquaintance to the child. Her expression read intrigued but not anxious; albeit she was pleased to see yet another being.

An opaque indigo aura shadowed this stranger and it seemed that with the snow, cinder gray streaks were puncturing the aura. Sanaa was unsure what this meant, for she had never seen an aura like this one, but she noticed as the guest approached closer that the grays were moving upwards, as if driven by a robust energy. The Dorobian vixen observed what she had now smelt, was a mare, admiring her unique horn and the way the body of her mane was short and cropped but how two long strands fell on the sides of her face. Sanaa was excited to notice that the tips of these strands were an electric blue, a hue so stunning and new to her. Her artistic heart leapt with wonderment at a discovery of a new color. This new mare came out bluntly with two questions, of which Sanaa expected Zubari to reply. Her eyes gathered in the imaginary aura that collectively continued to spring upwards and suddenly she remembered no one else saw these outlandish things, so Sanaa answered in place of the young colt. "Zubari needed accompaniment home – so I suppose we brought each other..” her voice trailed as she was distracted by the electric blue color in this mare’s mane, ”I suppose you could assist him farther to his – “

And then, as if descending from the heavens, a stallion daunting the size of Volterra had appeared – completely captivating Sanaa’s breath. Her heart stopped and the snow flurries seemed to settle down to ‘barely there’. A brief thought passed through her mind’s eye, 'It is as if I am being melted into liquid gold’ the colorful thought causing her to see red-oranges and yellows, and then blossoming from that she was dropped back into reality. This massive stag was covered in a silvery buckskin blanket of a pelt, ebony banners created a dramatic frame along with white banding over his back, so like Sanaa’s. He spoke and she did not want to admit that this man was Dorobian, but there was no denying it, 'He used our native tongue.’ Sweetly the unicorn replied, "Jambo, Bwana.” giving him a slight bow; as customary in Dorobo. Sanaa was briefly reflecting in the back of her mind about how she could not sense an aura from this brute, ’Perhaps his own is of no colors?’ and before giving it more time to contemplate, the unicorn made his title known.

His announcement was transitory as he then began a list of others living in the Edge from the Plains. Sanaa’s twin pools lit up at the sound of her sister’s name; she almost didn’t catch it. "Tsavo?” she felt light-headed and was in disbelief. ’If you made it here of course Tsavo did..’ Sanaa searched Tembovu’s eyes, she was unconsciously swishing her tail with eagerness. "Tsavo! Tsavo yeye ni ndugu yangu! –“ and then realizing not everyone spoke swahili, "She is my SISTER!” The young mare was ecstatic and nervous all at once and in the midst of it all Sanaa recalled the gladiator that travelled with her here. Volterra. Abruptly, a feeling of guilt washed over her. Sanaa turned to him and outreached her plush towards his, offering her gentle touch. ”Volterra, I would like to follow you to The Throat; however, I must see my blood. Her orbits were glazed over with emotions that she was unsure of. Although just meeting this bold stallion she felt a yearning attachment after their slight expedition– hormones, instinct, or what, I need you to know I care about your judgments… she tried telling him with her facial expressions. Not everyone could read those well, nevertheless Sanaa felt juvenile to say those things out loud and so with that she waited.

@Zubari @Volterra @Roskuld @Tembovu
Please tag Sanaa in all posts

Zubari Posts: 52
World's Edge Colt
Colt :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 1Year 8 Months
Kuuma :: Melanistic African Civet :: None Dressy

ZUBARI
Yeah I have trust issues, can you blame me?.

He slightly frowned at the fact these two were so sure that he would not be in trouble. Zubari had to act like he cared about his family, and what his father thought. I mean he was the Prince of edge. Golden orbs flicked around and the man started talking about the Throat again. God will he just shut up. If the woman wants to go with him she will. He kept on pushing the issue over and over again Blahh blaahh blahhhh. He huffed lightly then another approached. Her body was black and white and she had some off colors of blue dipped in some places. Golden eyes flicked to her very quickly and she called out to him. Ears wanted to pin and he wanted to snap at her, but he didn't. He stood there quiet and waited until she got closer. "I went on an adventure, didn't you do that as a kid, is that normal? That is how you discover the world right?" His innocent voice rung out like he did not know he did wrong. He just asked simple questions, that he already knew the answers to, but he was not going to admit that. Act stupid and pretend like you didn't know.

Then the thuds from the earth grew closer. His father the King arrived. It took all of his might not to groan with annoyance, instead he smile to his father. "I am sorry father I was just adventuring. Before I knew it I was really far from home. I never knew that I was that far away. I found these two in some place when I got scared, then they just walked home with me to make sure I was safe. " His smile grew meek as he stepped closer to the mare father called Ros. His golden eyes looked to her brightly as the adults were talking. "Your companion is so cool! What is his name? Can I call you Ros like my father does? Sorry for all the questions, I just have never seen anyone like you or him before. " a genuine smile came to his maw as his eyes ventured towards chico and dad's funny little elephant friend.

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Volterra @Roskuld @Tembovu

Please Tag Zubari in all Posts.
You may use magic and cause slight injury

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

VOLTERRA
you will remember me for centuries
There's her.

The leviathan tenses, suddenly unsure of himself. Since his pity party in the Meadow, he hasn't set his eyes upon Roskuld, and he certainly isn't sure if he wants to see her. He's also sure that the feeling is mutual. He offers her a curt nod, friendly if a little stiff, and hopes that she won't mention anything about what had transpired. What she had witnessed. She, out of everyone in Helovia, has seen the broken heart that beats within the mammoth chest.

The next to arrive is both familiar and unfamiliar, as in Volterra has seen him in passing but never spoken to him. The elephantine male has the rare distinction of being marginally larger than the Indomitable, which is quite unusual amongst Helovians. The stallion can guess that this man is the king, and the father of Zubari. He addresses Sanaa in a language Volterra doesn't recognise, before turning to the common tongue again. When Volterra responds, he speaks directly to Tembovu, although his gaze darts between the others when he mentions them. "I am Volterra the Indomitable, Gladiator of the Dragon's Throat. I was in the Threshold attempting to recruit Sanaa when your son also arrived, and we felt it only prudent to ensure he returned home safely before we move on to the Throat." He makes it quite clear that if he is to have his way, the mare will be coming home with him - his masculine pride is quite sure of it. It occurs to him that Roskuld may take note of the situation and surmise something else, but the behemoth cannot worry about that right now.

When Sanaa responds to Tembovu in their tongue, it causes a pang of worry to erupt through the goliath's chest. If she knows people here, if she feels comfortable remaining in them, then Volterra's hard work may be for nothing. Of course, seeing a child returned safely to his father is never a bad thing, but if Sanaa isn't successfully recruited to the Throat then Volterra will consider the trip quite the failure. As though reading his mind, the mare touches her nose to him and after a moment of surprise, he returns the gesture. She says that she will follow him to the Throat, but that she must see her blood first. Slowly, the giant nods. "I understand." And he does - the ties of family are of the utmost importance.

So the Gladiator steps backwards and falls silent, unwilling to intrude on this moment of reunion.

LINEART: DARYA87.DA

feel free to skip him as he'll just be lurking awkwardly now xD @Sanaa @Zubari @Roskuld @Tembovu

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
the elephant king
The Elephant King cannot help the fleeting grin that crosses his thick, dark lips as his leg gently connects with Zubari’s side and he feels his son’s breath and beating heart. It was an unconscious act, but it brought him a father’s happiness all the same. His attenion was brought to the newcomers as the pale, Dorobian spoke—greeting him in the Dorobian tongue with a respectful monicker—’Bwana’. He dipped his head in recognition, she must have come from a family in the capital to use such a term.

And his suspicions were confirmed by her next exclamation—Tsavo’s sister? His dark brows raise just as his navy eyes widened in surprise. A strange mixture of excited joy and uncertain ease swirled through his mind as he realized that not only had he not seen the lioness in some time, but that he also was the cause of her abandoning her family. His lips purse slightly as she expressed that she should like to follow the man accompanying her to the Throat. Would she take her sister with her? He would never begrudge a family reunion—nor would he stand in the way of a family living as one in a herd…but there were still things he had wished to sort out with the lionness.

So, after a long and pregnant pause, his deep voice rumbled, “I have not seen Tsavo in some time, but you are welcome to search our herdlands for her,” his navy eyes studied her sky-blue eyes for a few, long moments as he paused, both wondering and hoping that she would search and succeed in finding the fierce lioness from the Plains. Balozi and Hawla had birthed beautiful daughters, there was no denying their elegance. And the King cannot help the admiring flicker of his eyes up Sanaa’s two, gently sloped horns.

He then turned his attention to the Gladiator, “‘The Indomitable?’” his deep rumble echoed Volterra’s introduction, dark eyes studying not only the vividly white skull marking, but also the large stature and rippling warrior’s bulk beneath his inky hide. “I thank you for ensuring Zubari’s safe return to the Edge,” while the King had not missed the meaning glance between Volterra and Sanaa—and he had no ill will towards the man, as King he felt it… impudent to allow another herd’s warriors to wander at will throughout his herdlands, “I will keep you company at our borders while—” his eyes flicker towards the pale Dorobian mare, knowing that she must be one of Tsavo’s family’s many daughters, but not yet knowing which, “—while the lady searches for her sister.”
tembovu
image | table

I didn't want to hold up plot lines any longer! We can continue this thread or end it here. I figured this would be a good stopping place :)

@Sanaa @Volterra

Please tag Tembovu.